TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

Gowen gone

Eh, I told you all that we'd never see him again, he didn't even sound like he thought he'd be coming back. He lived his dream, now he can go do whatever.

I'm not going to say "good riddance", simply because he lived his dream (performing with Hogan, working with the WWF/E) and made short work of it. His gimmick ran its course, though I wish he had worked as a heel manager for the remainder of his stay.

Good luck in the future, Zach.

Guest BionicRedneck

I admire the kid, but I have no desire to see him on my TV. That said, the angle where Lesnar killed him infront of his momma was awesome.

Maybe they'll hire that other one legged wrestler that they called on accident, you know, to keep Zach from being able to sue on the grounds that they don't want one legged wrestlers.

Was Gowen any good in TNA?

I thought he was. His first match, he beat Road Dogg.

Oh, and I liked Gowen's theme.

...for some reason, I would have liked to see Gowen and Spanky be a tag team.

Gowen was interesting in TNA only because people had not seen him before.

I can't imagine him being any use to anyone really now that everyone has seen him.

He was only in TNA for 2 weeks...so no one got sick of him before WWE signed him.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Gowan developed an attitude in the vain of 'don't you know who I am?' - I specifically remember reading a report of him spurting that out when a restaurant did not have a table for him.

In addition, he used to brag about being a WWE superstar at Indy shows in the Detriot area - again I read it in the Torch or something like that a while back.

Before I saw him on tv I heard nothing but praise for him, like he was some awesome worker inspight of his handicap I mean HTM was heaping praise on him and there's no one more cynical than him.

Now, when I saw him on tv I was sorely disappointed, and don't give met the wwe style crap, nothing about him impressed me and in fact made me think he was just another overly hyped indy star whose flaws are bared for all to see when they hit the big time.

I was blown away the first time I saw him.

Mainly because they put him in with Roaddog and he totally outworked a man with two legs.

Exactly. Though I didn't see the match, everything I had heard about Gowen before he showed up in wwe was good, that he could work a decent/good match with nearly anyone. Was that just a good carry by Road Dogg?

Naw, it was just the intrigue of seeing him.

He was just as good the next week in a 6 man tag. He's the perfect face in peril. If there was a logical tag partner out there for him, I think that could work.

What about Spanky, like I suggested earlier?

Neither of them are in WWE now, so I could feasibly see them working together in the indies.

A year ago, before he was in TNA/WWE, I was talking to the guy and I bought his "Greatest Hits" from him on VHS. On it he shows that he can actually work a good match with different kind of opponents. Hell, he even showed that he can work as a pretty cool heel.

I'd say this is for the best. It's not like they had anything else they could do with him. At least for him, he left on a win, right?

Anyways, I think he could be a pretty good heel manager. So if he ever comes back, I vote for him being a manager.

Guest Corino 1000

I liked Gowen in the 2 weeks he was with TNA. But when he came to WWE I hated him. He gets pushed while Matt is never used, and ends up haveing to job to some 1 legged wrestler :angry:!!!!!!!

Guest Trivia247

And then Ross added

"But this is a Business of Bah Gawd Hosses, and if a cruiserweight can't get no love here, then bah gawd neither can a one legged freak we hired just to get the redneck TNA crowd."

STONE COLD!! STONE COLD!! STONE COLD!!

Guest Coffey
I'm not going to say "good riddance",

I will.

Hopefully he gets out of the business for good. I don't want him hopping around in NWA:TNA, ROH, Japan or anywhere else. Don't expolit him just because he's a freakshow.

So I wonder if Zach is still going to go through suing WWE for his termination, claiming that it was on the basis of him being handicapped.....

If he does, I'm not sure he'll have a leg to stand on.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Allright, I'm outta here. Good night ladies and gentlemen. You've been a good crowd!

*closes door*

While WWE surely exploited him during his opening feud with Vince, I thought TNA was pretty good about it. Granted they didn't have as long to screw it up...but they'd bring him out, throw him in there, mention what a great story it was and let him have his match. That was with Russo too.

I wouldn't mind seeing him again somewhere. Just not...you know...right away.

Guest BionicRedneck

I was really surprised he didn't make an appearance in the Rumble, actually. The jokes....they write themselves.

Gowen in the Rumble would have been a disaster.

"The rules state that BOTH feet most touch the floor!"

So if he was in it, and they were still high on him, he could have won it. Be thankful he's no longer employed.

Gowen in the Rumble would have been a disaster.

"The rules state that BOTH feet most touch the floor!"

So if he was in it, and they were still high on him, he could have won it. Be thankful he's no longer employed.

I can just imagine Vince from the 1995 Rumble:

"ONE FOOT! ONE FOOT!! ONE FOOT!!!"

I'd say this is for the best. It's not like they had anything else they could do with him. At least for him, he left on a win, right?

Actually, I believe Tajiri beat him in a CW Title match the SD after No Mercy . . . then Akio and Sakoda finished him off after the match.