TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tully316

Bret Hart or Hulk Hogan

Guest BionicRedneck

Bret. Hogan has made so many returns it's not even the slightest bit interesting anymore.

I don't see why so many people seem to want this stuff at Mania XX. It's just another show, really.

Bret, maybe in a HoF ceremony, or small angle with Benoit. Please no big showdown with Vince or something.

Hogan doesn't matter...he wasn't at WM X either, no big deal.

NEITHER!!!

The WWE is HEADING TO THE FUTURE, not the past.

We don't need any of those clowns.

Showing up for one show, THE show, dosen't imply they will be around in the future. Just adding icing to the WrestleMania cake.

That said, i'd rather see Bret, non-angle, a small speech and celebrating with Benoit after he wins the title.

Guest Jimbo
NEITHER!!!

The WWE is HEADING TO THE FUTURE, not the past.

We don't need any of those clowns.

Ack! How dare you steal my reply.

I despise Hogan and Bret can't wrsetle, so there's no point. Add him into one of the numerous video tributesthat will inevitably be shown, but that's all I want to see of him

Guest Besus

Bret Hart.

OMG IT'S BRET HART!BRET HART JUST SCREWED STONE COLD,OMG WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? BRET AND VINCE HAS SHOCKED THE WORLD.NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS,I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT BRET HART WOULD RETURN HERE TO THE WWE AND HELP VINCE MCMAHON GET A WIN OVER STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN.

They should hold off on Bret until they get to Edmonton. If they're really planning on doing the "Montreal screwjob", they should play it out like this: HHH puts Benoit in the crossface, Benoit doesn't tap, Vince McMahon comes out (Huge heel heat) and says, "Ring the fucking bell!" When the crowd realizes what they're seeing, there will be an INSANE amount of heat for HHH and McMahon. Then, Bret comes out to the god damned hugest pop ever, and decks McMahon. The pop for that would be absolutely defeaning. Then, have Sheriff Austin come out and demand that the match be restarted. Match starts again, Benoit wins clean with the Crossface, then celebrates with Bret.

But for WM XX, I don't think that Bret OR Hogan should be there. Realistically, where would either one fit in? Bret coming down during the three-way would only put emphasis on Shawn Michaels, not Benoit. I can't see anywhere for Hogan to fit in.

Guest Trivia247

Hogan wasted his return in WM18. He came back and did another match vs McMahon in 19, which actually I don't get. He spent like 6 months prior to the match going on the Radio and proclaiming he wanted a Match with vince. Um... WHY? Sure your a aging hasbeen wrestler... but he is a Aging NEVER was a wrestler??? what type of shit is that?

of course this was the start of McMahon's Need to Wrestle constantly...

Hogan, Gowen, His Daughter, Undertaker... Its like McMahon decided one day that Smackdown wrestlers just wasn't getting it done, and if you gotta do something right you better do it yourself!

Guest Coffey

Hulk Hogan because he's a bigger draw and meant more to the industry as a whole. Bret Hart was the better worker, and probably more loved amongst the IWC because of that, but Hogan should be more important to Wrestlemania XX. After all, he was at the O.G. Wrestlemania.

Why can't they both show up?

Well make Hogan a guest announcer but do not get him involved with a match. He can talk and work the crowd but "does not know a wristlock from a wristwatch".

Bret. No doubt.

I know Mania should be looking to the future, but Bret Hart at WM XX would be perfect. MSG loves Bret, he won the title there at Mania X... the story's perfect with Benoit if they decide to go that route.

Hogan... been there, seen the lame Mr America storyline. I hope he stays away.

Bret Hart.

Like BionicRedneck said, Hogan has made so many combacks that it don't mean shit when he does it anymore.

Hart on the other hand hasn't made too many apperances at all recently and therefore would be the better choice in my opinion.

Plus, I'm a big Bret Hart mark and I would personally love to see him at Wrestlemania XX anyway. So I would certainly pick him over Hogan anyday.

Guest Brian

Hogan's been around too much already, and for a one-time appearance that draws closure on the whole thing.

What does drawing have to do with anything. It's a treat, for both Bret and the fans.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

I would like to see the ref get knocked out in the World Title match, and all of a sudden the Hitman's music plays. He comes out, hits HHH with a chair, and Benoit goes for the Flying headbutt for the win. The two then celebrate as the show comes to a close.....What a Wrestlemania.

And that is my 500th post!

Here's to 500 more! :headbang:

I wouldn't mind seeing Hart meeting up with Benoit in the back and giving him some inspiration to win the title.  And also put him in the HOF.

I think that would be unreal if they after a match or something cut to the back and Benoit is getting ready for his match and he is just getting himself pumped up and Bret walks by and he is just like go get them out there tonight champ or something like that I think The Garden would explode if they did that!!!

Thanks.

Guest Choken One

I wouldn't be shocked if Benoit wins the title clean and the faces come out ALA Bret in 1994...

So You can have, Jericho, Dudleyz, Hurricane, Rikishi, Mysterio, Booker, RVD all in there as Booker and Bubba hold Benoit up and the music just fucking plays...No announcers...JR will have entered the ring to celebrate and remember King didn't talk during Bret's wmx ceremony...

As the crowd goes APESHIT, with a slight delay, Bret steps out...simply wearing Jeans and the old school H.F Shirt...Jericho holds the ropes for him...Bret soaks it up and Benoit steps down and Bret smiles at the title and they fucking embrace as NYC goes insane...No words, No Speech, Nothing...The ring starts to clear as Benoit takes the belt on places it on Bret's Shoulder and Bret climbs the rope for old times sake but He stops and snaps it around Benoit's waist and Raises Benoit's arm in the air...

The show goes off with Benoit's arm raised in the air by bret...and that's the last We ever see off Bret on WWE Tv.

No Montreal, No Shawn, No Vince...Just one blissful moment for the fans to remember.

I'd personally pick Bret. Have him meet Benoit in the back, and tell him good luck, do it for Canada, etc. Then, if they like, they could have him come out withBenoit to help Benoit get a pop, and maybe Heyman runs out to screw Benoit, but Bret decks him. But anything with Bret would be good.

Bret Hart by a mile and a half. Not that either would boost a buyrate that much...but the fans want to see Bret more.

Um, and which fans are those? Marks? We'd be lucky if one of them even knew who the hell Bret Hart is.

Hogan has *always* been a much, much bigger name than Bret Hart, has been a greater influence on wrestling as a whole and was in the main event of the very first Wrestlemania.

Therefore, I say if you're going to bring in ANYBODY, it has to be Hulk Hogan. It would be insulting to Wrestlemania's history if you were to, say, bring in someone like Bret and leave Hogan out.

UYI

Guest Choken One

How so?

Hogan already insulted us last year...His presence is over and the nostalgia trip ended the second he donned the fucking Mask.

How is it insulting WM's history? Bret had argueablly the two GREATEST matches in WM history (one that occured in that very same fucking arena)...

Where would Hogan work in? He'd go in just to self-promote himself...

Bret likely will just want to do something with Benoit or hell even Jericho. Sure, Bret has a ego just as much as Hogan does but he won't ask to headline the show against Mean Gene.

Don't get me wrong, Choke, I love Bret and respect all he has done for the Wrestlemania legacy. However, to include one icon and not the other is just not acceptable to me. If you are going to include legends, and pay homage to WM's history, then do it in style.

UYI