TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

The Grammy's

Guest Ghettoman

The show drags so much.

The first time Outkast won had me laughing, it made me think they were all throwing dice in the back or something when they won, Andre must of been winning.

50 walking on stage was pretty funny, as long as he wasn't up there saying how he should of won and how they suck I wasn't bothered.

And the White Stripes were the best performance of the night, everything else was too "grammy's" for me. Liked how they made people bite on the song change.

Guest elite
I'd like to believe that, but the cynic in me says it's because Cash was renowned as a "country artist" and his death was "last year."

I don't want to take anything away from Zevon, who was a great artist, but I was actually quite offended that they were able to roll out special tributes for the Beatles (with Harrison dying) and Zevon, but left Cash's passing as a footnote in a highlight reel. I guess they had to make sure there was extra time for both of Beyonce's performances.

I would think these award show folks sort of work in some sort of conjunction. Not really together, but rather just in a way where they don't step on each other's toes and repeat things. And since Cash was primarily considered a country artist, perhaps they're leaving a tribute for the CMAs to do...?

Guest Choken One

The CMA's already happened and they did pay tribute...I believe they did some cover with Vince Gill and some others.

50 got robbed for best new artist, like him or not he did make a huge impact. Im glad Andre 3k said that Outkast has been around for a while way before Stankonia, Do the history bandwagon fans.

The CMA's already happened and they did pay tribute...I believe they did some cover with Vince Gill and some others.

I'm with the Man in Blak.

I'm sorry, but Johnny Cash did more for music than Warren Zevon EVER did.

Where's the love & respect?

Personally I think Cash had more run of the mill filler then Zevon. Both are great, but I hate how they completly ignore great work till someone dies...and then reward their middle of the road last album (Zevon, Harrison)