TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

The Grammy's

I know this is going to sound incredibly stupid, but I was seriously having an argument with my friend over this........did the guy from Coldplay thank Johnny Cash or John Kerry in his speech?

Guest Choken One

John Kerry I'm betting...

Chris Martin is a classless fuck. I mean he married Gwyneth Platrow after impregnating her

Guest Choken One
Andre 3K has about the same amount of people on stage as P-Funk.

wonder how big boi feels about Andre getting the slot over him

I know this is going to sound incredibly stupid, but I was seriously having an argument with my friend over this........did the guy from Coldplay thank Johnny Cash or John Kerry in his speech?

tonight?

I know at whatever award show I saw them play at last, it was for Cash. I only started watching during the G-Funk shit tonight?

Guest Krazy Karter
So...anyone who watched from the beginning...did they not do a Cash tribute at all tonight?

just during the "In Memorium" slides

Guest JRE

Both

Guest Deebo

How can so many people like the White Stripes? Their performance tonight was pure shit. They fucking SUCK. Is it just the novelty of a two person band or something? I don't get it? Please someone explain how everyone doesn't realize how much they blow.

Can somebody explain to me why Warren Zevon got such a huge tribute, while everyone else that died in the last year was lumped into one montage? Seems like he was a nice guy and all, but worthy of THAT MUCH tribute time? I dunno...

Guest TheGregWitul

Because he had terminal cancer, and even though Cash had been ill on and off up until his death, Zevon knew his time was running out, to the point that he could say that he had six months left to live, while in Johnny's case, making it through another week was reason to smile...

j.

I'd like to believe that, but the cynic in me says it's because Cash was renowned as a "country artist" and his death was "last year."

I don't want to take anything away from Zevon, who was a great artist, but I was actually quite offended that they were able to roll out special tributes for the Beatles (with Harrison dying) and Zevon, but left Cash's passing as a footnote in a highlight reel. I guess they had to make sure there was extra time for both of Beyonce's performances.

Guest stardust
So...anyone who watched from the beginning...did they not do a Cash tribute at all tonight?

Not really. They did a montage of all the artists who had died this past year and he and June had a slide together and that was really it. "Hurt" won for short form music video and June won female country artist for "Keep On the Sunny Side," but I don't consider those to really be tributes.

I thought The White Stripes had the performance of the night. It seemed like they won over a lukewarm crowd and got them into the overall show more. The Funk collaboration was decent, but George Clinton's voice not really working kind of hurt.

coke will do that to a person.

And it isn't odd that the biggest artist of the year gets shutted out at the grammys? Who would of thought 50 Cent to not win ONE, not even best new artist.

Guest croweater

Sounds like a pretty awesome show!

I only just bought Speakerbox/The Love below, and though I must admit I like Elephant more Outkast are really deserving winners. I can't wait till we get to see it....... in about 4 weeks. I'm at a loss why it isn't shown here live.

I'm kinda glad that 50 cent didn't win anything as I really don't like any of his music and find it really bland.

As long as Beyonce looks extremely hot I don't care what she sings.

Can't wait to see all the live performances.