TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
k thx

Anti-French Sentiment In C.E.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Christ on a cracker.

It's poking fun at people, based on years and years of recorded history, and an admitted stereotype that still has its basis in actual experiences. Are we that bloody PC that we can't make fun of cheese-eating surrender monkeys without someone raising a fuss about it?

You'd have an easier time defending it if it was funny.

Seriously, it's becoming the CE Folder's version of HHHate: Overplayed past cliche, to the point of self-parody.

Oh man ANOTHER ONE OF THESE THREADS?

We have had a CE-is-mean-to-the-French thread a while back.

Seriously, it's becoming the CE Folder's version of HHHate: Overplayed past cliche, to the point of self-parody.

And I wanted my "Faux News" and "Racist Dusty" lines to achieve such status first... :(

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Oh man ANOTHER ONE OF THESE THREADS?

We have had a CE-is-mean-to-the-French thread a while back.

And I wanted my "Faux News" and "Racist Dusty" lines to achieve such status first... :(

Maybe they can be CE's version of "SUCKBAG~!" ?

There is a much bigger problem at hand in the Current Events folder.

2. Trolls will be automatically banned. Trolling is defined as the consistent posting of useless material with the intention of getting off-topic and specifically eliciting and inciting undesirable responses from users reading the thread.

Story from Russia

I actually posted it simply to see how people like hunger4unger (the Bush conspiracy cabal) dealt with it.

I think a swift banning is in order if we wish to stop this sort of behaviour.

2. Trolls will be automatically banned. Trolling is defined as the consistent posting of useless material with the intention of getting off-topic and specifically eliciting and inciting undesirable responses from users reading the thread.

Story from Russia

I actually posted it simply to see how people like hunger4unger (the Bush conspiracy cabal) dealt with it.

I do believ that's exactly what Banky was banned for...

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I've got no problem with arguing in CE. I understand things can get heated. I can understand insulting people's viewpoints. I don't agree with people insulting each other to the point where they ignore the points each other are making and focus on the insults. That's what HD is for.

As far as the French jokes, I'm guilty too but I agree they're overused and don't belong in a folder dedicated to serious debate.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Story from Russia

I do believ that's exactly what Banky was banned for...

While I'd be anything but displeased if Mike were to be banned, I'd just like to point out that...wait, ignore everything after the first Comma...my bad.

Story from Russia

Two key words in that rule you cited, Treble: useless material. The story Mike posted was and is a legitimate story in international news. You're barking up the wrong tree on this one.

Yeah, I know, I don't really expect him to be banned, nor do I really care, but he didn't post it to get discussion going, he posted it to get an 'undesirable response' from that unger dude.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

which is exactly what got Banks banned. and Mike is even less popular than banky was when he was banned.

but it would suck if Mike got banned. I like to save his quotes and use them in those "crazy rants" emails that certain selct etablished posters get. I hear next weeks issue is headlined by SctotKeith: WHere he went wrong.

Guest JMA
Bundy is always necessary

Al Bundy French jokes were actually funny and innovative. One of the reasons MWC was such a great show. Everyone else who mocks the French is second-rate compared to Al.

Anyway, this may have upset me awhile ago, but not now. It's surprisingly easy to not care.

Christ on a cracker.

I'm deeply offended as both a Christian and an eater of Cheez-Its. If Christ, indeed, died on a cracker, I'm worried for the fate of my soul. More importantly, Cheez-It's cheesy goodness has been severely diminished for me because of this bigoted statement. If Chave can have Marney banned for her horribly racist French jokes, I demand the banning and deporting of Dr. Tom to Canada.

Guest FrigidSoul
I demand the banning and deporting of Dr. Tom to Canada.

philip7.gif

Welcome to Canada buddy

Guest JMA
deporting of Dr. Tom to Canada.

Cruel and unusual.

Could be worse. He could be deported to Italy.

fbi.jpg

Wow, this IS fun. :D

Guest cobainwasmurdered
No... cruel would be Quebec. I mean... BC is a cakewalk.

Sorry. BC is a DR. zone right now. Tom would be killed by the rioting patients.

I could get by in Quebec. Those damn near-Frenchies would mouth off to me, and I'd retort with, "Va ta faire foutre!" Not only would that puzzle them by describing a biologically impossible action, it would impress them with my superior knowledge of French curse words, and they would then leave me alone.

Cancer Marney, in the News section:

Once again the French prove that they can only win a fight when they're on the wrong side.

This sick trend continues.

Cancer Marney, in the News section:

Once again the French prove that they can only win a fight when they're on the wrong side.

This sick trend continues.

Grow up a bit, eh?

Guest FrigidSoul

Am I the only person curious as to how a Lesbian woman with a "wife"(I don't know if their marriage is legally binding thus I put that) can be a republican working in a government branch of operation? I mean you would think some of those things would cancel out the others. WHAT WOULD Pat Buchanan SAY?!

Edit: I have nothing against Marney but this situation boggles the mind.

Not to mention the fact that you'd expect an intelligent homosexual to be more tolerant to other races than the average Joe...