TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Story Behind Orton Going AWOL

The story Mick Foley said on RAW last night about Randy Orton going AWOL is true. Orton was in the military a few years back but did not like it so he caught a bus and went AWOL for 82 days. He finally turned himself in and served 38 days in military prison.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Guest Dynamite Kido
He should have just RKOd the guards, then had Batista and Flair break him out of the slammer. That would be a good angle.

Only one problem. He would've botched the RKO and the guards would have kicked the shit out of em.

I'm not some "Orton hater", but I find all of this very funny. WWE had Mick Foly use this story to try to get the fans to TRULY hate Randy Orton, and with how WWE promotes the armed services and everything, at the end of the night it was totally pointless. When Randy Orton came out, after not only be revealed to many people in the crowd (many didn't know it I'm willing to bet) as a coward and then kicking Foley's ass in the back, when Orton came out at the end of the night he didn't recieve any more of a reaction than he's ever got.

I mean, let's be totally serious. If all of that could get the fans to be up on their feet expressing their hate for the guy, what in the hell will?

Time to bring out Slaughter in an Iraq army outfit and have Orton become his colonel of WMD.

If that doesn't work, he sets Mickey Mouse on fire.

If that doesn't work, he sets Mickey Mouse on fire.

That might not work, seeing how so many actually dislike Disney right now, so they might not even care.

Seriously though, I think it's about time for them to end his current push. I'm not going to go crazy and say that they need to fire the guy, but it is time to put this run to sleep. To be honest, I'd allow it to go on to WrestleMania (they can't just end the Orton/Foley feud right now after all that's happened, you'd be a moron to think so), and allow Orton/Foley to just be a one on one match. If I was booking it, I'd have Foley beat his ass as well, AND get the win. Have Foley take a beating as well, have Orton rough him up, but when it's all said and done allow that single match to end the "Legend Killer" gimmick, by having a true legend to destroy Orton.

After that, just do what we see so offten and simply let it fade into the past. Let Orton sell an injury for a couple of months, and when he comes back do one of two things. Either have him focus more on being the straight up cocky heel (with no mentioning of the legend killer gimmick), or have him try do do that, with a bit of face tossed in, and see where they can go with that kind of character for the guy.

Guest Goodear

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that crowd heat, while nice, isn't always a clear indication of someones drawing ability.

the problem, like others have said, was that Orton basically no sold Foley's promo. He didn't have a flashy comeback, or even look humiliated, he never even addressed Foley's comments. The titantron just went to Orton and Orton offered to brawl with Foley. Of course this all led to Orton STILL not being over at all, so yeah pretty POINTLESS.

Guest JMA

I'm guessing this is one of Cornette's ideas. I'm liking it.

You have to wonder why Orton didn't join La Resistance instead of Conway. Especially since Rob dressed up as the service man. Kind of makes me wonder what would've happened if their roles were reversed.

Guest Choken One

You have to wonder why Orton didn't join La Resistance instead of Conway. Especially since Rob dressed up as the service man. Kind of makes me wonder what would've happened if their roles were reversed.

Conway has shown he can get over already with the Le Resistance gimmick merely with his Heel charisma...He cuts a better Promo as well...

Conway is a better worker as well...

Conway is the real SECOND coming of the rock at least Physically.

He must be a republican

Yeah since he at least showed up. Dems woulda just fled the country after pussying out on their ROTC obligation.

Sorry Democratic fellow board members, just had to throw in the counterargument since I'm so damn conservative.

The story Mick Foley said on RAW last night about Randy Orton going AWOL is true. Orton was in the military a few years back but did not like it so he caught a bus and went AWOL for 82 days. He finally turned himself in and served 38 days in military prison.

Wait. I thought WWE confidential reported that Orton spent one year in confinement, not 38 days.

Guest JMA

Conway has shown he can get over already with the Le Resistance gimmick merely with his Heel charisma...He cuts a better Promo as well...

Conway is a better worker as well...

Conway is the real SECOND coming of the rock at least Physically.

The thing is, Conway doesn't need the cheap French Sympathizer heat. The guy reeks of charisma. He would've did much better in Orton's place.

Guest Anglesault
I would be remiss if I didn't mention that crowd heat, while nice, isn't always a clear indication of someones drawing ability.

Zero crowd heat combined with no ratings for his segments usually is.

Wait. I thought WWE confidential reported that Orton spent one year in confinement, not 38 days.

It's WWE math, like there were 93,000 people at Wrestlemania III or the steel steps way over a ton or that cage is 40 feet high....

It's WWE math, like there were 93,000 people at Wrestlemania III or the steel steps way over a ton or that cage is 40 feet high....

LMAO, I forgot who we were dealing with for a moment.