TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

First image from Mortal Kombat Deception!

Oh and what was the story with Goro coming back in MK4?

Nothing really, he just comes back to fight Liu again. Since MK II only said he was "apparently" dead they didn't have to explain him coming back to life. Turns out he was never dead, just in hiding.

On top of why can't I get my Friendship and Babality to work with Reptile? Is there anything special you have to do?

You can do them any round, it doesn't have to be round three but you cannot use punches. Kicks and block is ok.

In MK3 and UMK3 it's block you cannot use. On PSX MKT there are no requirements.

It won't let you continue though after you opt to continue. It just gets stuck at that screen.

No it wont. I continue on MKT on PS2 all the time.

Also, if they actually fixed that thing with Sheeva, I somehow missed it.

It's not something that needs to be "fixed". Even regular MK3 has it.

Dial-A-Combos aren't "cool" because you say so.

Yeah, but they don't suck because you say so either.

Also, to add to Andrew's list of UMK3/MKT changes:

Almost every stage from MK and MK II is in along with nearly the entire MK II soundtrack.

New moves for a bunch of characters, though most of them are like alternate versions of existing moves(like Kano's psycho cannonball or Nightwolf's red charge).

Various story changes, including new endings for Mileena, Human Smoke and Ermac.

In the options you can turn off dial-a-combos and running for more old school gameplay.

There's a few more minor changes too. MKT is basically UMK3 but with more characters and old stages. If you like MK3, it rules.

Oh, and Kahn's Treasures was in UMK3.

The thing about MKT is that the N64 version is different than the PSX, Saturn and PC versions. N64 is missing a bunch of characters and has some of the worst music ever(it's like worse than 16 bit quality) but has a ton of secrets. There's like a mile long list of minor differences between them.

As for Kintaro, he is just a bastard. You can jump kick him out of the stomp, but it's hard. The easiest way to beat him is to pick Kitana and do the fanlift over and over and over. You can play as him in MKT.

Jax's "Gotcha" punches also work great against Kintaro. As for Reptile, though...can't think of much to do. It's best to sucker him into uppercuts if you can. I think projectiles also worked well if you did them then jumped around a lot (don't go with the Force Ball though, unless you're feeling really lucky; although one time I Force-Ball, Uppercut, Slide to do some nice damage on him).

Kintaro no sells the Force Ball.

He has two taunts. One he roars and one he does a little jump towards you. Both are perfect oppertunities to hit him with anything, maybe even an uppercut.

Jump back all the time. Never just fight him like a normal character.

Everytime he does a fireball jump over it and knock hm down with a jump kick, then do a projectile. Often he won't block the projectile.

Yeah, it hits him and just blows up. He doesn't sell for it at all, not even a little shrug.

In MKT I know for sure Kahn no sells it, I think the other bosses do too. I'd have to check.

There's a lot of stuff they cheaply no sell. There's even some moves that they just lock you from using. Like you just cannot do Sindel's scream against Kahn. You hit F, F, F+HP and nothing happens. It's dumb.

I just got Kasumi Ninja! How exciting! I'm gonna check it out!

Enjoy shooting fireballs from the wang of a pudgy Scot, Sakura. :)

The Gotchas I'm sure he sells, but I don't think you can do the cheap jump kick/backbreaker combo on him.

By the way, there are some neat codes for the SNES version of the game:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/code/9171.html

The Fergality doesn't work on SNES, though.

I'm playing this now. It's HILARIOUS. Angus' fireball is just the tip of the iceberg. It's so horrible. The graphics are unbelievably choppy and cheap looking. It makes MK look like a masterpiece. It's like impossible to do moves and everyone only has like 6 attacks total. The character selection screen is this horribly done 3D dungeon you walk around in with a first person view. You walk up to statues of the characters to pick them. There's MK ninja rip offs, except one is ORANGE. So far the only cool thing about the game is that the lifebars are swords with blood dripping off them.

This game is so cool. I keep trying to do Fatalities, but they don't work(the controls are so bad it's like impossible to do anything).

I'm playing this now. It's HILARIOUS. Angus' fireball is just the tip of the iceberg. It's so horrible. The graphics are unbelievably choppy and cheap looking. It makes MK look like a masterpiece. It's like impossible to do moves and everyone only has like 6 attacks total. The character selection screen is this horribly done 3D dungeon you walk around in with a first person view. You walk up to statues of the characters to pick them. There's MK ninja rip offs, except one is ORANGE. So far the only cool thing about the game is that the lifebars are swords with blood dripping off them.

This game is so cool. I keep trying to do Fatalities, but they don't work(the controls are so bad it's like impossible to do anything).

Oh yeah, I remember seeing the bloody swords.

That makes another MK clone have to have cool life bars (see also: Primal Rage).

How's Ultra Vortek, or hasn't that come yet? I heard it was supposed to be kinda decent.

The lifebars in PR are the coolest. Their hearts explode!

I haven't got Ultra Vortek, but I will soon. Also getting Fight for Life for Jaguar. I own Way of the Warrior and SSF2T, but don't actually have a 3DO. I need to get one and get Shadow: War of Succession sometime soon.

The Fatalities in Kasumi Ninja are cool and funny.

God damn you Goro! Damn your 4-armed body to hell!

Seriously.......MK3 has got to be the easiest of all of them. Even Motaro is easier than Goro and Kintaro!

MK3 is pretty easy. MKT can be REALLY hard though. Not really the bosses, but the normal characters. The AI is ridiculous.

Goro in MK4 can be really easy if you just do uppercuts all the time. Get him in a corner and uppercut ovr and over and over.

I meant Goro in MKI.

Anyways I just played MK3 for the first time in about 7 years. I got my ass whipped. I have been playing MKI and II over the past few days and everyone moves so much faster in MKIII.

Is it just me....or do you have less time to do fatalities in MKIII?

That was one of the things that got me as a kid. The extremely complicated Fatalities I could never do. But by the end of my MK career I could do every fatality in every game......but I can barely do them now.

I'm out of practice.

It is NOT like riding a bike people!

It's not just you. The SNES port of MK3 does have less time to do Fatalities. It also seems like they're harder to do.

One of the cheat menus on SNES has an option for longer time for the fatals.

I meant Goro in MKI.

Anyways I just played MK3 for the first time in about 7 years. I got my ass whipped. I have been playing MKI and II over the past few days and everyone moves so much faster in MKIII.

Is it just me....or do you have less time to do fatalities in MKIII?

That was one of the things that got me as a kid. The extremely complicated Fatalities I could never do. But by the end of my MK career I could do every fatality in every game......but I can barely do them now.

I'm out of practice.

It is NOT like riding a bike people!

That's what Killer Kodes and Quick Finishers are for.

UYI

Yeah this is getting out of hand. I used to be awesome at MK 1-3(never played beyond that)! I could beat it on any difficulty! And I could do every fatality.

Now I'm struggling to do fatalities and can't even beat the damn thing on Very Easy!

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME!?

Yeah this is getting out of hand. I used to be awesome at MK 1-3(never played beyond that)! I could beat it on any difficulty! And I could do every fatality.

Now I'm struggling to do fatalities and can't even beat the damn thing on Very Easy!

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME!?

You think that's bad? I have a friend who beat Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2...now he has problems with Symphony of the Night. Oy vey.

Happens to all us former-MK lifers. I was exactly the same as you, however I did not play any Kombat games from the point in time when Trilogy was released for the 64 up until Deadly Alliance.

Now I've recently purchased DA, and have gone back to playing MKI, II & III, I've found I'm no-where near as good as I used to be. I used to be UNBEATABLE as Sub-Zero, now I'm finding Shang Tsung to be my best character.

I've still got the entire Krypt to unlock (only got the game today), so that should keep me occupied until Deception hits stores.

UYI

There is some really cool stuff in the Krypt if you're interested in concept art. I really liked the concept stuff from the older games, like the stage art for MK3.

Cooking with Scorpion is cool.

I've espicially liked the MKGold endings video as well as 'The Demise of Baraka'.

I was also astounded to learn that Quan Chi was the one who framed Sub-Zero in killing Scorpion and his family (thus kick-starting a feud that would run for years). That evil bastard.

So far, I'm loving Scorp and Cyrax in this game, Cyrax's fatality is espicially awesome.

UYI

I was also astounded to learn that Quan Chi was the one who framed Sub-Zero in killing Scorpion and his family (thus kick-starting a feud that would run for years). That evil bastard.

...too freakin' lame.

Ok that's it......I'm going to smash everyone of these fucking cheap ass games! ARGH! I must get back into my groove! I can't seem to perform ONE FUCKING FATALITY in MKIII!!!

Quan Chi didn't frame Sub-Zero for killing Scorpion, he really did that. But it's a different Sub.

The Sub that's in MK1 is the Sub that killed Scorpion. Scorpion entered MK1 and killed Sub and got his revenge. That Sub's younger brother has taken over since MK II and on. Before MK4 Quan Chi told Scorpion that it was this young brother that had killed Scorpion's family and clan when it was actually Chi himself. In a way Chi is responsible for the older Sub killing Scorpion though because he had played them against each other, hiring both for the same job knowing one would kill the other. Scorpion found out about all this and turned on Chi at the end of 4.

The older Sub-Zero killing Scorpion and Quan Chi killing Scorpion's family were all shown in MK Mythologies. MKM is a prequel to MK4, set before MK1. It sets up Shinnok's rise, introduces the amulet, and the Sub-Zero vs. Scorpion feud that Quan Chi masterminded.

Why is that too lame Andrew?

Eh, the way it actually happened doesn't sound as bad, but it still is kinda dumb that you can easily dupe an avenging spirit from hell to do your bidding.

On a different note, I have to bitch that Midway sucks for taking out Scorpion's classic "Breath of Death" fatality in MK5.

Eh, the way it actually happened doesn't sound as bad, but it still is kinda dumb that you can easily dupe an avenging spirit from hell to do your bidding.

Why shouldn't he believe Chi? He fought Sub and knows Sub killed him and since Sub's clan hated Scorpion's clan it makes sense that Chi would be telling the truth.

So who was the bad guy.........Sub Zero or Scorpion? I could never tell.

I think I'm going to plug in my 2nd controller and practice fatalities on 2-player.

Why shouldn't he believe Chi? He fought Sub and knows Sub killed him and since Sub's clan hated Scorpion's clan it makes sense that Chi would be telling the truth.

Because from what I gather Scorp was dead already when his family was killed, prompting him to make the deal to come back to avenge them--was he not watching over them? Wouldn't he have some degree of supernatural powers to seek out the real killer?