TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is God

John Cena DVD cover art

Guest Dynamite Kido

I think this is a case of "bad cover" for a "bad idea". They should have at least put him on the cover of his own dvd.

Guest Banders Kennany

I like the cover. It is more understated than the usual things they do and a nice pace cahnger.

Way too early for a DVD. I can understand them trying to capitalize on his popularity, but they don't realize that he has A LOT of time to rise even further. If they waited another year for Cena to have more good matches (not many on the DVD), it would've been better.

Guest T®ITEC

Well, I think it'd be hard to miss a bright orange cover. I like it a lot more than the UK one.

Er, the UK one looks like it was done in Microsoft Paint in about 10 minutes. At least the US cover has the quasi-throwback WWE logo lock, which is a nice touch to his character.

I'm not saying it's good (my retinas have, thankfully, stopped bleeding from the orange), but it's a shade better than a powder-blue cover with an awful pic of Cena on the front. Some unsuspecting idiot could walk by the UK cover and think that Mark Wahlberg was playing a member of the Village People.

I do agree, though, it's fairly obvious that this is way too early for Cena.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

Every match on the DVD(except maybe one) is him losing. How funny! Its his own DVD, and he's losing every match, just like on the Foley DVD. The cover, I think looks awesome! Its Bawh Gawd Orange!

Guest M. Harry Smilac

It's just gonna be an early fluff dvd.I'll wait for it to hit the $5 bins at walmart or kmart.

Couldn't they just have made a "Best of...." or review DVD of 2003 and give Cena his own segment and high lights? That would have covered his career.

Guest OnlyMe

That is not the UK cover. On the SilverVision (UK distributor) page, it says directly below that it isn't the real cover, and just a placeholder.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
That is not the UK cover. On the SilverVision (UK distributor) page, it says directly below that it isn't the real cover, and just a placeholder.

Thank God, because it looks terrible.

Guest Banders Kennany

They already missed the boat. He's been popular for what, 6 months now?

So? He's still popular now.

I just dislike the WWE policy of taking these guys who get over and squeezing every penny out of them while never commiting to an actual push.

It's like when RVD used to main event the B house shows against Taz or Raven all while they wouldn't give him a push.

If he's big enough to put on a DVD...he's big enough to be a main eventer.

So make him a main eventer.

Guest Dynamite Kido
So? He's still popular now.

I just dislike the WWE policy of taking these guys who get over and squeezing every penny out of them while never commiting to an actual push.

It's like when RVD used to main event the B house shows against Taz or Raven all while they wouldn't give him a push.

If he's big enough to put on a DVD...he's big enough to be a main eventer.

So make him a main eventer.

Give it until........Summerslam.

Guest drdrainoscott

I can't believe everyone is jumping down WWE's throat for this. They realize that they have a popular character, and they are capitalizing on it. While the internet fan may have zero interest in this DVD, the 90% of casual fans that think Cena is great are going to snatch it up. If he starts having great matches in the next year, then they can create a follow up DVD with those matches as extras. Great move on the WWE's part.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I can't believe everyone is jumping down WWE's throat for this. They realize that they have a popular character, and they are capitalizing on it. While the internet fan may have zero interest in this DVD, the 90% of casual fans that think Cena is great are going to snatch it up. If he starts having great matches in the next year, then they can create a follow up DVD with those matches as extras. Great move on the WWE's part.

I'd rather have 2nd edition of more Ric Flair. No, I'm not a John Cena hater either, I kinda like him, even though he's kinda bland in the ring.

They didn't steal that font from GTA or anything...

I like Cena too but they should put this off until he's just a little bit more established as a face...all his work on the DVD would be of him as a heel.

Guest Anglesault
I can't believe everyone is jumping down WWE's throat for this.  They realize that they have a popular character, and they are capitalizing on it.  While the internet fan may have zero interest in this DVD, the 90% of casual fans that think Cena is great are going to snatch it up.  If he starts having great matches in the next year, then they can create a follow up DVD with those matches as extras.  Great move on the WWE's part.

It's not just that.

They could have waited for him to do SOMETHING!

"And here's the match he lost to Lesnar...And the match he lost to Taker...And the match he lost to Angle....BUT JUST LOOK at how many ways he can call someone gay!"

This, to relate it to a board issue, would be like releasing the Best of Anglesault DVD when I was just number two in the HHHaters. Sure, it was obvious that I was going to be a huge star, but I hadn't done anything at that point. Sending out the DVD two months before I crushed TC in the Emoticon war would have been dumb because my big moment wouldn't be released on DVD for Lord knows how long.

God, I love tooting my own horn.

Basically, cena has done nothing and they're releasing a DVD with nothing on it. He COULD turn around and do something on Sunday, but that won't make it until the next Cena DVD in a year or two.

Edited by Anglesault

Guest Coffey

Man, I really like the DVD cover. I might buy it just for the cover alone. Seriously, how could this go wrong?

Let's take a closer look at this incredible original DVD cover...

orange_square.gif

:rolleyes: