TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Favorite Mad TV skits

Now that Mad TV's on Comedy Central I seem to be watching it a little more. While not as popular as SNL they've done some great skits, what are your favorites.

I think it's a tie for me. "That's My White Momma" is just great and it's s shame they only did 2 of them. it's so absurd that it's just great.

The other is a Christmas skit where Santa is delivering presents and the girl sneaks downstairs to catch him...and because of that he has to kill her.

GIRL: "What if I run away."

SANTA: " Now how far would you get? You're wearing pajamas and there's 2 feet of snow. I'm wearing a furry suit with big boots. I'm practicaly dressed for hunting children."

Guest Krazy Karter

"Disney Dates" was amusing.

Do they show the first season shows often? When they premiered the show on CC in January they showed the first episode but I have yet to see any other first season episodes.

Guest Ghettoman

The Santa skit was great, would of liked to see one of her parents come down and get shot at the end for a capper though...

I like pretty much any Ms Swan skit, simply because I really enjoy the stereotyping of asians for some reason, and Stuart makes me laugh because my little brother is just like him, only smaller and more child like.

The Dolemite jr skits are good, and who doesn't love Kenny Rogers Jackass?

Anything Will Sasso does

Lower Expectations

That's Incredible as sponsored by Spishack inc.

Music video parodies

Claymation

The UPS delivery guy

I like pretty much any Ms Swan skit, simply because I really enjoy the stereotyping of asians for some reason, and Stuart makes me laugh because my little brother is just like him, only smaller and more child like.

I hate Ms. Swan "Looky like a man" is so stupid.

Guest OctoberBlood

MadTV is so much better than SNL.

Yeah, so - I love the music videos they parody. Almost everytime they make one I laugh... hard..very hard. ;) The one with the Church and Nelly's 'Hot in Here' is hilarious.

Yeah so, anyways. Stewart taking Piano lessons is a favorite as well.

I forgot to mention how much I love Will Sasso. Not just because his feud with Bret, but because he's so fucking funny. I wouldn't be surprised seeing him break off of Mad TV and start starring and major films and just stick to doing that.

Guest OctoberBlood
I forgot to mention how much I love Will Sasso. Not just because his feud with Bret, but because he's so fucking funny. I wouldn't be surprised seeing him break off of Mad TV and start starring and major films and just stick to doing that.

He's got a solid role on ABC's "Less Than Perfect" right now. :)

Guest FrigidSoul

Stephanie Wheiner(sp?) is so fucking hot IMHO.

Anyways gotta love the Stuart skits and Lord of the Bling

How "Kenny Rogers' Jackass" hasn't come up by now by name is beyond me. It's one of the few skits off of any comedy show on television that I've made sure to both have on tape and on disc, and this is coming from someone that hates Mad TV.

"I'm Kenny Rogers and this is the 'sack' race. Heh heh heh."

Still cracks me up to this day.

Stephanie Wheiner is a 4 while Nichole Sullivan is a 8. :boxing: :spank: :bonk:

He's got a solid role on ABC's "Less Than Perfect" right now. :)

He was also pretty hilarious in "Drop Dead Gorgeous".

Do they show the first season shows often?  When they premiered the show on CC in January they showed the first episode but I have yet to see any other first season episodes.

They don't show the first season episodes because of the fact that the first season of Mad TV bombed horribly in the ratings and nearly killed the show right out of the gate. Occassionally they will show some of the better skits (Sex Toy Stories, barbara streisand prison movie, and the early claymation skits) as Mad TV classic segments in later season episodes...

I think it's just Weir. And yes, she's very cute.

I loved the video parody for "You Sound Like Me" with The Calling, Creed, Eddie Vedder, and Ray Charles

I'll bump this up.

The best thing I think I've ever seen on Mad TV is Dave Foley's monologue:

Hi. Uhh, yeah, I'm Dave Foley, and I just wanted to talk to you, not just as a middle-rung celebrity, but also as a Canadian who has recently moved to your country.

Now I've been surprised to find how little Americans seem to know about Canada. Now granted, there are many similarities between our two nations but there are also many subtle differences that give us our unique Canadian identity. For example, in Canada everyone hates Barbara Streisand. But here she seems to be quite popular.

And there are other differences too. I mean, we don't have states; we have provinces. Umm, we use the metric system. Canadians and Americans both love football, but in Canada the game is played slightly differently. The field is a different size for one thing, The CFL field is 17 miles long and 6 feet wide. So understandably, games are a little longer. In fact, the 1949 Gray Cup game is still in progress.

Many Americans believe that our national anthem is "Oh Canada" simply because we enjoy singing it before hockey games. But in fact, our anthem is "The Night Chicago Died" by Paper Lace.

Our systems of government differ somewhat in that America is a Republic with a President, a Congress, and a Senate. In Canada we are ruled by a small boy with supernatural powers... of whom we are all very fond.

Now in the U.S. when a mommy and daddy love each other, they perform bipolar sexual intercourse and make a baby. Canadians, however, are a breed of hermaphrodites who reproduce by means of auto-insemination, thus eliminating the need for sex. This also explains why we don't really have a film industry.

And of course, how can we discuss Canada without discussing the weather. Yes, it is cold in Canada. It is very, very cold, are ya HAPPY now?? Yes, the average year-round temperature is 275 degrees below zero, but that is CELCIUS. Now can we talk about something else??

Like for example, the fact that our atmosphere is pure sulpher dioxide which is, of course, incapable of sustaining life, LIFE AS YOU KNOW IT. Or the fact that we only have gravity for 6 hours out of each day and spend the rest of our time desparately clinging to trees to avoid being spun into the endless abyss of space.

Yes, all this is true, but at least we have universal health care.

Thank you for your time.

Yes, Kenny Rogers' Jackass is one of the funniest segments I've ever seen on any sketch comedy show. It's just so absurd and out of left field.

I always did like Nicole Sullivan, but I think she's got a crazy eye or something. And fuck her for winning celebrity poker on Bravo and then using the winning to neuter cats. Build orphanage or feed the homeless, bitch.

Guest Skironox

Dolemite. Gotta be Dolemite.

"Sheriff, you stole my pimp cane! I'll see you tonight, in PASADEEEEENNNA!!!"

The best moment was when Dolemite "magically (through the power of editing) got out of being binded in a chair.

I haven't watched since early 2002, I tuned in the other night. What the hell happened? Almost everyone is gone, only Mo Collins, Michael McDonald, Aries Spears, and Stephanie Weir I remember, and a mass exodus of bland nobodies (Except Frank Caliendo) that all look alike came in. It's like the second season all over again.

Mo Collins isn't really around. They have two skits left with her in it to air, but she really left midseason. And dear god is Aries unfunny now (of course, he generally seems to be mediocre when not working with Debra Wilson), hopefully Keegan Michael-Key, who is really great, will take over the token black guy spot next season.

And yeah, there are a bunch of bland white guys in now. Basically, you've got Ron Pederson (does a GREAT Clay Aiken and Woody Allen but that's all he's really good for. Pretty decent impressionist.), Paul Vogt (Quite funny when given the chance to be.), Josh Meyers (SNL star Seth Meyers' younger, less funny brother), and Ike Barinholtz (pretty much good for nothing). Then you've got the female cast, which is incredibly weak in terms of primary cast members now due to Collins leaving. They've got three new featured players being groomed for a main cast spot in Nicole Parker (no way she isn't getting in; she's talented AND cute), Danielle Gaither (poor man's Debra Wilson), and Melissa Paull (rather unremarkable and blase).

The highlights of the show right now are really just Bobby Lee, Keegan, Stephanie Weir, and to a much lesser extent Michael McDonald.

Ike Barinholtz is actually pretty good. As for Josh Meyers, he and his brother are basically interchangable but with the fact that Josh has MUCH better material to work with.

BTW anyone know why they stopped doing the Dolemite sketches? They stopped doing them around the time Pat Kilbane left the series even though the rest of the cast members involved with the skits were still around...

Guest wrestlingbs

MadTv's prime was when La Marr, Sasso, McDonald, Collins, Weir, and "the Mrs. Swan Lady" were all on the show. During that time the show easily beat anything SNL had done in the the past couple of years.

Fav skit? When La Marr plays the dad palying basketball who just doesn't want to admitt he's old. Plus anything Spishack.

Ike Barinholtz is actually pretty good. As for Josh Meyers, he and his brother are basically interchangable but with the fact that Josh has MUCH better material to work with.

I've never seen anything Barinholtz has done that's impressed me. And Josh is less funny than Seth, I've seen a lot of both and while Josh has the occasional good spot he's not like Seth, who seems to have more range and talent.

Guest Ray

"The Greatest Action Story Ever Told."

A hilarious Terminator 2/Jesus parody. Classic.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Down here, I'm not sure if it still does, but The Comedy Channel screened Mad TV - I obviously wasn't a big watcher, but I did see one skit that I enjoyed.

The guy is in the restaurant, amd makes a really long order, to which the lady working there remembers perfectly.

After debating the order many times, the man orders something simple, and she messes up, to his great dismay.

Entertaining mainly for seeing them remember their lines.