TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Yet Another Fantasy League Thread

I completely forgot about tonight's draft until about midway through it. The autodraft gave me Palmeiro in the 4th round and Randy Winn in the 5th.

Last place here I come.

Although I guess the real Bill Bavasi would love my team.

My lineup's solid with guys like Ramirez, Kennedy, Durazo, Berroa, Gerut, Olivo and Blalock. I got two capable relievers in Chad Bradford and Brendan Donnelly. My biggest concern's my rotation though. Tim Hudson, Jarrod Washburn, Brian Anderson, Kurt Ainsworth, Kevin Appier...here's hoping that Washburn returns to his 2002 form and that Appier returns to form as Anderson and Ainsworth have career years.

I am realtively happy with my team. My starting pitching seems decent enough, though I am a tad worried about the fifth spot in the rotation. My closer plays for Tampa Bay, which means I won't be getting a lot of saves. On the plus side, my team should have the edge in stolen bases. I have 6 players with at least 10 steals last year. Other than third base and catcher, I think my team could be relatively solid this year. I am excited.

I am realtively happy with my team. My starting pitching seems decent enough, though I am a tad worried about the fifth spot in the rotation. My closer plays for Tampa Bay, which means I won't be getting a lot of saves. On the plus side, my team should have the edge in stolen bases. I have 6 players with at least 10 steals last year. Other than third base and catcher, I think my team could be relatively solid this year. I am excited.

My closer plays for Tampa Bay too!! Honestly, the 5th starter's spot is going to be a bitch, because we're really scraping the bottom of the talent pool. There's only 5 pitchers more that have rotation spots than we require in this league. I lucked out with Grant Balfour.

Perhaps, but I wanted to create a real challenge. Besides, I kind of like trying to figure out who will have a real season between Grant Balfour, Matt Riley, and Jimmy Gobble. Most real teams have bad 5th starters as well.

Well I ended up not being able to attend and am glad that some of my picks went through but my auto draft picks only went so far. I think I only did through 50.

Anyone (Al) want to give me a evaluation as it was my first time having to do so with only 1 league. Keep in mind that I already dropped A. Boone. :)

I like the fifth starter idea. Hell, the two I have in contention for my fifth spot(Hernadez and Dickey) are about as good as some starters I was stuck with autodrafts in other leagues I have done. Considering this is AL only, they are probably a step up from the others. Besides, I think challenges can make a league more fun.