TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the.weej

SWF Rankings!

Alright. I promised rankings as part of my campaign speech before I got comissionership, and now it's time to make good on it. A few notes, first, though...

1) I said that I'd do rankings after every show, but it occurs to me that with the system I want to use (and our schedule), that's not going to work. I'll see if I can't come up with some idea on how to do "Power Rankings" every few weeks, but I don't know if I'll be able to figure out a system that works all that well. If I can't, then you'll get just monthly rankings like Pete used to do for the JL.

2) My system is not Pete's system, because I don't remember his system. Mine goes like such: Rank is based on points, because titles need to have extra leverage, and a winning percentage ranking doesn't make that possible. 2 points is for a win, 0 for a loss, and 0 for a Double No-Show/No Contest. 2 points are additionally awarded for the following titles: HGC, CW, Tag and USJL. The ICTV earns 3 additional points, and winning the world title gives you 5 points. The Clusterfuck is worth 10. Successfully defending any title is one additional point. I believe Pete's system used to allow one additional point for beating someone else in a multi-man... I may add that to the scoring as well if the February rankings look as... odd as these ones do. Although I chalk this up mostly to the JLers only having two or three matches, which makes the rankings look kind of deflated. We'll see if it's balanced out at the end of the month. But ANYWAY, until then, here's a year-so-far reference...

Charlie "Grappler" Matthews - 26 points (6-1-0)

Wildchild - 19 points (7-0-1)

Va'aiga - 15 points (5-2-1)

Danny Williams - 13 points (3-2-0)

Sacred - 13 points (4-1-0)

Johnny Dangerous - 8 points (3-1-0)

"The Notorious" John Duran - 8 points (3-3-0)

"Coyote" Coy West - 6 points (3-2-0)

Mike Van Siclen - 6 points (3-3-1)

Michael Craven - 4 points (2-3-0)

"The Superior One" Tom Flesher - 4 points (2-3-0)

Toxxic - 4 points (2-1-0)

Janus - 3 points (1-6-0)

Aecas - 2 points (1-1-0)

Alan Clark - 2 points (1-2-0)

Ann "Ichiban" Onita - 2 points (1-1-0)

Dace Night - 2 points (1-5-1)

HVille Thugg - 2 points (1-3-0)

Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix - 2 points (1-2-0)

Todd Royal - 2 points (1-2-0)

Ejiro Fasaki - 0 points (0-3-0)

Crowe - 0 points (0-2-0)

"Hollywood" Spike Jenkins - 0 points (0-3-0)

Insane Luchadore - 0 points (0-3-0)

Jacob Helmsely - 0 points (0-3-1)

Judge Mental - 0 points (0-2-0)

Manson - 0 points (0-3-0)

Linchpin - 0 points (0-2-0)

Stryke - 0 points (0-3-1)

The Memphis Eel - 0 points (0-1-0)

Xero - 0 points (0-1-0)

Xstasy - 0 points (0-1-0)

BIGGEST WINNERS AND LOSERS:

WINNERS: Wildchild, Sacred and Charlie Matthews, no question. Wildchild remains UNDEFEATED nearly three months into the year, and Matthews Clusterfuck win isn't the only thing going for him: He defended the ICTV four times over the last two months, won the US title, and has only lost once. Sacred may surprise some people, but repeated title defenses add up fast, and the guy IS a former world champion.

LOSERS: Dace Night and Janus. Dace and Janus only have one victory apeice, and both have been booked on almost every show since the year started. If it weren't for Danny Williams hot streak streak before his retirement, the Unholy Trinity would be setting a really awful precident...

And that's all until the end of February, I think. Discuss!

Edited by realitycheck

Nice, but first off we are only about two months into the year almost, on top of that I have had 3 wins this year, not 2.

Yes, I have competed so little, I know.

Win - W&D Vs Unholy Trinity on 1/7/04

Win - W&D 4 corners tag match 1/17/04

Win - W&D and Coy West Vs Michael Craven 1/26/04

Loss - Clusterfuck :(

Other than that, good job, I know its a heafty job to keep track of all this so I'm not bitching but merely helping you out. Thanks.

You sound like a sea lawyer; always trying to cut a deal... ;) Besides, it's not like that extra point would have pushed you past Sacred, or something...

Hrmm....

:: realizes that if Matthews hadn't won the 'Fuck, WC would be #1 in the rankings ::

That can't be right; I have it on good authority that I'm not Main Event material. :P

I would love to know where I was ranked during my HC title run...

Guest Evolution
That can't be right; I have it on good authority that I'm not Main Event material. :P

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: