TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Ron Simmons considering retirement...again

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Ron Simmons is again considering retirement from wrestling. Simmons, 45, is currently the oldest guy on the active WWE roster next to Ric Flair. He may become a road agent.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Nothing major, as the APA is beyond stale now, and it at least gives Bradshaw nothing to do, making me slightly happy.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
You know it's going to happen.

Bradshaw for WWE Champion!

Now really, the WWE bookers aren't that stu....(thinks a moment).....OH DAMN!!

Guest DeathBecomesYou
You know it's going to happen.

Bradshaw for WWE Champion!

Now really, the WWE bookers aren't that stu....(thinks a moment).....OH DAMN!!

Look on the bright side, if Bradshaw gets a singles push, he'd have to work with Lesnar. then hopefully we can see Lesnar stiff the shit out of Bradshaw, i'd buy a PPV to see that.

Seriously though, I don't think WWE are that stupid, anyone remember the last Bradshaw singles push? Or the complete audience apathy he recieved, or the tedious matches he had?

Guest Suicide King

It amuses me that on a thread talking about Ron Simmons, every post other than the original and mine is talking about Bradshaw. ;)

Guest Deviant

Simmons would be retiring from what exactly? "Active competition"? Ron hasn't been a fully active member of the roster in at least a year.

Yeah, Simmons should definately retire for good now. He teased it last year, but came back to revive the APA. It went nowhere and they (Bradshaw included) are well past their primes as the beer drinkin' asskickers.

Although the idea of putting him as a road agent could be good, but I never actually heard of Ron Simmons having a good 'mind' for the business, although he's been in it for a couple of decades. Who knows.

Oh, good. The entertaining half of the APA is going to retire. Not surprised, but still...

I don't think there's such a thing as "the entertaining half of the APA." I think it's just the less irritating half

Guest Choken One

You guys clearly forgotten that They TRIED the Bradshaw push, putting him as Austin’s Buddy and going against the mighty N.W.O and that FLOPPED huge and they realized that and stuck him BACK with Simmons upon his return from injury.

Vince should just fire him as a WRESTLER and hire him to work the Stock Market/Finance department.

Guest Choken One
Oh, good. The entertaining half of the APA is going to retire. Not surprised, but still...

I don't think there's such a thing as "the entertaining half of the APA." I think it's just the less irritating half

DAMN!

That shit NEVER ceased to entertain me…

Guest Pigsy
You guys clearly forgotten that They TRIED the Bradshaw push, putting him as Austin’s Buddy and going against the mighty N.W.O and that FLOPPED huge and they realized that and stuck him BACK with Simmons upon his return from injury.

I thought they dragged Simmons out of retirement to reform the APA, since Bradshaw wasn't as popular by himself. My guess is they'll give Bradshaw the US title and have him beat evil foreigners.

Guest JMA

Simmons should retire and either become a road agent or a trainer (or maybe both). Layfield should drop the "Bradshaw" name and be repacked as a heel. Many people have suggested a Michael Wallstreet/City Slicker gimmick for him. Although I'm not a fan of Layfield, this could get over. Think about it, he could turn his back on the South and become sleazy accountant from New York City. They could even announce him as being from New York instead of Texas. He would be extremly hated in the South.

Although he might get babyfaces reactions in New York...

Guest Your Olympic Hero

I like the Simmons = not wrestling, road agent and Bradshaw = not wrestling, WWE stock market guy idea

...Many people have suggested a Michael Wallstreet/City Slicker gimmick for him. Although I'm not a fan of Layfield, this could get over. Think about it, he could turn his back on the South and become sleazy accountant from New York City. They could even announce him as being from New York instead of Texas. He would be extremly hated in the South.

Although he might get babyfaces reactions in New York...

I don't think he's a good enough actor to pull that gimmick off. He'd have enough of a hard time getting rid of the Southern drawl.

He should just become HHH's towel boy full-time instead of just doing it sporadically when they cross-promote PPVs.

Guest Trivia247

I do like Ron Simmons, its a pity throughout most of the Acolytes tag team they didn't let him do the finishing....

Only have him doing the Dominator once in all my tapes with the APA in matches..

Guest Banders Kennany
Ron Simmons is again considering retirement from wrestling. Simmons, 45, is currently the oldest guy on the active WWE roster next to Ric Flair. He may become a road agent.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Nothing major, as the APA is beyond stale now, and it at least gives Bradshaw nothing to do, making me slightly happy.

Dude, if anything this will give Bradshaw *more* to do. Faarooq is a ball and chain, not that I'm complaining.

FLAIR: That's it Austin! You've done it now, pissing on the Enforcer like that! I'm gonna...I'll tell you what I'm gonna do about it. Tonight, handicap match Austin! Scott Hall...and XPac...AND THE 7-FOOT GIANT, THE BIG SHOW...AGAINST YOU AUSTIN...

[Crowd cheers!]

...and THAT NO GOOD, ROUGH AND TOUGH, BREWSKI-POUNDING COWBOY TEXAN, BRADSHAW!!

[Lull.]

Hey, I woudln't mind it. At least that means no super signles push for Holly, and I can't see how they would be any worse than they are now.

That singles push ended with the loss to Lesnar. He's been slowing back to midcard status ever since. Actaully, after the Big Show match, he may be there right now.

FLAIR: That's it Austin! You've done it now, pissing on the Enforcer like that! I'm gonna...I'll tell you what I'm gonna do about it. Tonight, handicap match Austin! Scott Hall...and XPac...AND THE 7-FOOT GIANT, THE BIG SHOW...AGAINST YOU AUSTIN...

[Crowd cheers!]

...and THAT NO GOOD, ROUGH AND TOUGH, BREWSKI-POUNDING COWBOY TEXAN, BRADSHAW!!

[Lull.]

Hey you guys are forgetting right before Bradshaw was injured they gave him the Hardcore belt. I remember the match he won it, it was in Texas and no one in the crowd gave shit about Bradshaw and Bradshaw had a cowbell that he keep on ringing the damn bell trying to get the crowd to get behind him. And then after he won the belt he keeps ringing the damn cowbell and when he went into the ring he trips on the steps and almost falls facefirst and looked like an even bigger fool when that happened.

Then as the hardcore champ Bradshaw dressed like a cowboy just like his Justin Hawk days and had a new hardcore belt made with bullhorns on it. And still no one cared.