TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikey2Dope

The "What Film(s) Did You Watch Today" Thread

Anchorman 8/10 A lot of people I know blasted it but its funny as hell. "I love scotch. Scotchy, scotchy, scotch, scotch."

The Fellowship of the Ring

Well, I'm certainly glad I saw this before going on to The Two Towers for the first time, because I hadn't seen it since 2001 when it was in theaters. I thought I'd remember most of it, but I really didn't. Anyway, I love it. Long exposition that didn't seem boring or forced, great acting on all sides, beautiful cinematography (Rivendel is just...wow), and great directing by Jackson. Plus, seeing Aragorn kick Orc ass is SO awesome. So, yeah, now I have the other two to watch.

Dr. Strangelove is on tap for later today.

Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

I came into this with high expectations, and they were met. Completely. Peter Sellers is an acting god, plain and simple. Every little thing Dr. Strangelove did had me cracking up ("Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"). George C. Scott was also great; I loved everything from his slip in the war room to "He'll see the big board!" I can't say enough good things about this movie. I loved it.

Die Hard: With a Vengeance (10/10)

I'm just a big Die Hard fan, and this one is only slightly below the first one.

The Bourne Identity (7/10)

First time I saw this. Now I have to see Supremacy soon.

Guest Ray

I watched "Phone Booth."

Not too bad. I didn't like the killer knowing who Stu was. I prefered the way the short film this was based on did it. Just have a random guy answer the phone.

Lost in Translation - 4/10

I did not like this at all, but the cinematography was beautiful and the Japanese are wacky.

I hate you. That was the best film of 2003. I don't want to get into it to much, because it's a long time since I saw it, but I hate that it gets as many negative reviews as it does. It's not racist. It's not plotless. It's just subtle. If you go into it expecting something more character-driven, I think you'll appreciate the beauty in it a bit more. Great movie.

Guest Mikey2Dope
Decoys (2/10) The movie had the line "Baby Got Backup!". Need I say more? :bonk:

Guest Evolution

Braindead/Dead Alive - 9/10

Jesus christ. What a crazy fucking movie. My step-brother's girlfriend forced me to stop watching this the first time I tried to watch it, and that was only fifteen minutes in! I can only imagine what she would've thought of the rest of the fucking movie.

So bloody. So bloody good.

Now I need to get my hands on Meet The Feebles.