TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikey2Dope

The "What Film(s) Did You Watch Today" Thread

Guest Askewniverse

Over the past few days:

Kill Bill Vol. 2 - 8/10

- I may be in the minority here, but I liked it better than Vol. 1. The ending was a bit anticlimactic, but the rest of the movie was pretty good.

GoodFellas - 10/10

- One of my favorite movies ever. Fantastic cast, interesting story.

Alien vs. Predator - 2.5/10

- One of the worst movies that I've seen in a theater. I went in with low expectations due to the amount of negative reviews it received. That didn't help. I used the MovieCash coupon that came with the Predator DVD, but I still feel ripped off.

10 Things I Hate About You - C+

Once again, I liked this movie when I was younger. But now I had trouble watching it.

I beg, BEG that someone makes a romantic comedy that is different. The Farrelly brothers atleast made them a little more interesting, but their movies even have fallen into the romantic comdey formula.

My sister tells me that Intolerable Cruelty is different, so I'll have to check that out. If I am fouled, I will ban romantic comedies forever.

Unless it is with a chick or Lohan is in it.

Today I watched "Zombie" and aside from that hot ass chick being pulled through the broken door eye ball first I wasn't impresed at all. I don't understand why this movie would be a cult classic and I'm a fan of most cult hits. Romer's movies were worlds better than this even with the blue faces.....

Road Trip (on ABC): 8.5/10

WOW, I had no idea it was that funny. A slightly weak ending, but the rest of the movie made up for it. This made me a fan of DJ Qualls and Sean William Scott and renewed my faith in Tom Green. Highly recommended.

1808406051p-th.jpg

Starsky & Hutch (7/10)

A slight dissapointment but still an enjoyably silly comedy that's worth a watch. Probably the funniest movie of the year so far.

Heat

Best movie cast I've ever seen. You can't go wrong with Pacino, De Niro, Kilmer, Tom f'n Sizemore, Ashley Judd, Jon Voight, William Fichtner, freakin' Hank Azaria, Danny Trejo, Jeremy "John Cusack's buddy" Piven, and Mason and President Palmer from 24.

Best cast, best gun battle, best ending to a movie I've ever seen. Top 10.

Fucking right.

I hadn't seen the movie for about 8 years, but I finished watching it today and it's amazing. I wouldn't go so far as an A+ (I usually don't rate), but it was great. The heist scene was one of the most intense, exciting scenes I've ever witnessed. The movie also made me change my opinion of Val Kilmer. Way to go, Mann.

Just watched "Taking Lives" and felt as though it did indeed take my life or at least 2+ hours of it...I'm so sick of predictable movies that I see based solely on the actors who star in them.....on the other hand I also picked up "Weather Underground", a documentary about militant white college students in the Vietnam Era, which is light years better than "Taking Lives" and I bet for a fraction of the budget. I am now a firm believer that every multi-plex theatre devote one theatre to just documentaries...even if it's only for a while I think the results would great.

Full Metal Jacket

10 out of 10

One of those few movies I can watch 2 or 3 times a year. And (like almost everyone else I know) I used to like the first half a lot more then the second. But now I like part 2 just as much as the beginning.

Cruel Intentions 3 - F

This was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. There was no real plot and the worst acting I have ever seen. The only good thing about it were a lot of boobs, but that's about it.

Yeah CI3 came out a couple months ago straight to video.

As for me, I watched Eyes Wide Shut again last night trying to see if it got better. And mostly cause I had nothing else to do at 4 am.

6/10

It did get better. I hated it more the first time I watched it.

They made a 3? I didn't think that after the second one, which was more or less an awful remake of a less than great movie, that they'd keep it going.

The worst part about the movie was that it wasn't even the same characters from the first and second.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20
I watched the hell out of Kuffs years ago. I loved that movie, I'm due to see it again.

Agreed.

Kuffs is the S__.

Old School - A-

The first time I this movie, I didn't like it at all. There was just SO much hype about it being such a funny movie. Then I was like, that's it?

But after future viewings, it has grown on me a lot. It is one of those movies that gets funnier the more you see it because you pick on the little shit.

Even though he can't act, Kilborn in the bathroom is hysterical.

70682.JPG

9/10. Not as good as the original. Could've cut some of the stuff, but a pretty good flick.

70686.JPG

6/10. Good little comedy, but it dragged at times. I'd rent it, but I'd buy it if it's in a 2 for 20 deal.

goodfellas.jpg

10/10. It's still my favorite mob movie, and is my favorite movie of all time. I picked up the special edition, and watched it after Bourne Supremacy (2:00) and Without a Paddle(6:45). I loved it when I first saw it, and will until I die.

Batman and Robin- and the sad thing is.. I liked it.

The Reason I say this is because it was the adam west/punchline dialogue/typical sequences like that of the orignal tv show series with the Modern Special effects. I watched it this time not expecting it to be realistic nor believable, but just pleaseing to the eye and fitting to its reputation.

Besides Freeze's suit looked sweet

batman_rev_200x311.jpg