TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikey2Dope

The "What Film(s) Did You Watch Today" Thread

It certainly helped that I'd watched the worst horror movie I'd ever seen the night before- Zombie Nosh, which manages to combine horrible acting (and I mean bad by rubbish horror movie standards!), repetitive plot (zombies attack a household, the same two kids survive and go to the next house, zombies attack household, etc) and terrible editing. In comparison, TCM:NG was at the very least watchable, especially McConaghey, who was clearly having a blast making the thing.

Garden State (9/10)

Wow, just an all-around great movie. I can't remember being bored once during the movie. Definitely one of the best movies I've seen this year.

Jersey Girl (7/10)

Sue me, I liked it. It was alot better than I was expecting, because I heard alot of negative reviews. Not a bad way to spend a few hours.

Mystery Men 9/10

God, I still love this film. Even though it features Eddie Izzard using one of the worst American accents ever, it's got a great cast and has many laugh-out-loud moments.

The Hunger 9/10

Simply a fantastic Vampire movie. Great atmosphere, slow and dreamlike, filled with Eroticism and Decay in equal measure. Its hard to believe that Tony Scott would goon to direct Top Gun just 3 years later, the two films could not be more different. Plus its got both David Bowie and Bauhaus in it, you can't ask for better than that

Recently:

dodgeballatrueunderdogstory.jpg

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (9/10)

A nutty, laugh out loud, comic gem of a film.

hellboy_poster2.jpg

Hellboy (8/10)

A fun, energetic superhero film with pleanty of humour to boot.

anchorman_finalposter.jpg

Anchorman (8/10)

A silly comedy that's full of laughs.

thewayofthegun_poster21.jpg

The Way of the Gun (7/10)

A quality crime film with an action packed ending.

thepassionofthechrist_poster.jpg

The Passion of The Christ (4/10)

A boring, pointless gore-fest of a flim that only seems to exist to entertain Mel Gibson and make everyone else sick. Thanks to all the slow-mo falling over it looks like an action film with the loud rock music. Although, Jim Caviezel does redeem thinks a bit with his great performance.

1808402795p-th.jpg

28 Days Later (7/10)

A quality British horror film.

High Fidelity

8.5 out of 10

Very funny movie, Cusack, Black, and Todd Louiso were all great in their roles. Very funny movie. Even though they mix up info from Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.

Resident Evil Apocalypse 8/10

Awesome movie if youre a fan of the games. There were lots of references to them.

In the last two days:

Chasing Amy 8/10

I didn't realise how funny Affleck was until I saw him co-introing some of the deleted scenes. Great film too

National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1 7/10

Cleverly, they cram so many gags into it that, even though only about 1 in 4 is funny, that's still a lot of funny moments, plus there are LOADS of great cameos (Corey Feldman, Bruce Willis, Charlie Sheen) and casting William Shatner as the bad guy was a stroke of genius

Open Water 4/10

Dull as dishwater and nowhere near as clever as it thinks it is. Having two people floating in water for a hour can only be interesting if a)the characters are interesting (they aren't) or b)something happens (every 15 minutes a shark appears, they scream, it goes, repeat). Very disappointing. Decent ending though

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Movies i've gotten the chance to see while I was on vacation in Atlanta:

1808529211p-th.jpg

Mean Girls (2004) - 7.5/10

twisted_poster.jpg

Twisted (2004) - 5.5/10

paparazzi_poster.jpg

Paparazzi (2004) - 3.5/10

1808473150p-th.jpg

Johnson Family Vacation (2004) 4.0/10

shrek2_poster2.jpg

Shrek 2 (2004) - 9.0/10

residentevilapocalypse_earlyposter.jpg

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004) 5.0/10

Guest El Satanico

Intolerable Cruelty: 4/10

It's a strange little movie that had some good pieces, but it just never came together. If it wasn't a Coen Brothers film I would've ranked it alittle higher, but I expect better from them. Between this and Ladykillers, it seems that the Coen's are getting lazy and just cashing in with big names that want to work with them. However, I loved the cameo by Bruce Campbell.

The House of Sand and Fog: 9/10

it's been "murnau fellatio month" at the film forum, and last night they had a double feature of 'the last laugh' and 'nosferatu'. i was not terrribly impressed with either. great visuals, especially 'the last laugh', but murnau has this really strange, overbearing sense of drama that i can't get over. he dwells on the dramatic moments for so long, and allows so little to actually happen and coalesce in his movies that i get lost and stop caring, and the melodrama bordered on self-parody. the audience was tittering on-and-off throughout most of 'nosferatu' ("the ship of death had a new captain!").

Guest Mikey2Dope

The Manchurian Candidate (2004) (8/10)

Clerks: Animated Series Disc 1 (4/10) - I swear if this unfunny crapfest was the same series, same everything but didn't have anything to do with Kevin Smith the praise for this crap would be nothing.