TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikey2Dope

The "What Film(s) Did You Watch Today" Thread

Saw-8/10-Poor acting aside, this is a great horror film that owes alot to italian giallo films, and deserved better reviews then critics gave it

Bongwater: 3/10

You'd think putting Luke Wilson, Alicia Witt, Jack Black, Brittany Murphy, Andy Dick, and Jamie Kennedy all in a movie about potheads would provide quality entertainment... and you'd be wrong, just like I was. The awesome cast simply can't bring any life to the crappy script, which features some of the most shallow, repellent, whiny bitches to ever grace the screen. Within ten minutes, you just wish you could reach into the screen and strangle every one of these posers. The only good scene: Tenacious D performing "Jesus Ranch".

Guest Askewniverse

Recently:

Daredevil (theatrical version) - 6.5/10

Donnie Darko (Director's Cut) - 7/10

Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War - 8/10

House of Flying (Infernal) Daggers - 7/10. For one it's better than what hollywood will put out in the romance/war conflict genre, but it's also a film I easily got over and dont feel like watching again for a while. Can't even say the same thing for the Four Feathers and Pearl Harbor likes.

Shaun of the Dead: 9/10

Wonderful, wonderful little movie that manages to do the hardest thing in cinema: successfully mix horror and comedy. The cast of unknowns do a spot-on perfect job, the script is great, the camerawork & editing are just about flawless, and there's even some social commentary and mushy sentimental stuff thrown in there for people who require that sort of thing. And the last two minutes are priceless. If you even slightly appreciate zombie movies, see this film.

B00006FDBE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Master of the Flying Guillotine or One Armed Boxer 2 - 6/10.

8 years after I saw this the 1st time and obviously the film has lost its appeal. If not for the wacky characters the fight scenes themselves are sometimes inadequate and slow paced. Still the gory effects are helpful.

Btw Shaun of the dead must be the most 9 out of 10 rated film in the world.

House of Flying (Infernal) Daggers - 7/10. For one it's better than what hollywood will put out in the romance/war conflict genre, but it's also a film I easily got over and dont feel like watching again for a while. Can't even say the same thing for the Four Feathers and Pearl Harbor likes.

I think this film just spoiled itself by trying to cram in too many turns and surprises. By the end I was just thinking whatever, I don't even care now.

Great visuals and fights though.

Btw Shaun of the dead must be the most 9 out of 10 rated film in the world.

Well, it's a near-perfect little horror/comedy that pays tribute to past movies while retaining its own originality, which deserves a high score... but I can't give the full 10/10 to a friggin' zombie movie in good conscience. That score is saved for true works of art, IMHO.

MST3K Red Zone Cuba: 2/10

Wow. I never thought I'd live to see it, but here it is: a movie so crappy that even Mike, Tom, and Crow can't make it watchable. Seriously. I even enjoyed the Manos episode, but this one was just too painful to watch. If Coleman Francis is still alive, I want to hunt him down and beat the shit out of his geriatric ass just for making this movie.

The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara: 9/10

A very insightful and interesting documentary. A must-see for anyone interested in the Vietnam War and the decisions that went into it.

Gangs of New York: 8/10

Daniel Day-Lewis is fucking incredible. The movie itself probably could have stood to be 10 or 20 minutes shorter, but it was still a great experience. Seriously, how Day-Lewis didn't win an Oscar for this is beyond me.

re-animator.jpg

Re-Animator-10/10-One of my all time favorite movies, as well as one of the best films of the 80's, and the best horror/black comedy ever

Dawn of the Dead ('78 Extended Version)-10/10