TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deebo

"Official" Wrestlemania Theme Song

Guest Deebo

I just realized that there is no "Official Wrestlemania Theme Song" yet, not that I want some shitty band's theme as the song of the event, but I just thought it was odd. We've all heard the Guns N Roses stuff but the day that happens will be the day I see pigs flying outside my window. So what's it going to be? Maybe they're going retro and using the old Wrestlemania theme (that Linda McMahon now uses as her song whenever she's on TV)?

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

If they haven't already (In Australia, we don't get to see Raw or SmackDown! until Friday and Saturday nights, respectively), they won't start playing it until showing the official match screens.

They should use a Rage Against the Machine song. Yeah they are rock, but still, they're better than any crap the WWE has put out the past couple of years. I'd go with a rap song too, but I can't think of one that would fit that well right now.

Guest Coffey

Since it's supposed to be a new beginning so to speak, that would mean that the old WWE is dying. So, something like Everlast ~ "Ends" might fit well.

Good song.

They should use a Rage Against the Machine song. Yeah they are rock, but still, they're better than any crap the WWE has put out the past couple of years.

If they did, it should be their "Renegades of Funk" cover. ECW used it and it worked pretty good there.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

A lot of Pay-Per-View theme songs come to my head, but the main two would have to be 'Fight' from SummerSlam 2002, and 'Build a Bridge', by Limp Bizkit, from Survivor Series '03.

There are so many great songs that would fit with the theme of WrestleMania so well.

They should use a Rage Against the Machine song. Yeah they are rock, but still, they're better than any crap the WWE has put out the past couple of years.

If they did, it should be their "Renegades of Funk" cover. ECW used it and it worked pretty good there.

That'd be cool. If not that, I'd like for them to use Guerilla Radio, Killing In the Name, or Wake Up. But, They'll probably just go with Limp Bizkit, featuring the Axl Rose or some shit like that.

Reading show reports from different websites, it seems as if they have been using "Times Like These" by Foo Fighters for Wrestlemania video packages that air to the audience in attendance. Maybe that's it but have yet to introduce the theme, or video package to TV yet.

Ugh. I mean that song is alright, and the Foo Fighters are alright but, eh, can the song atleast sound badass? This is too wussy. If that makes sense.

It's either the two old school WrestleMania theme songs, or some classical piece of music (to fit with the prestigous of WrestleMania XX). Some classical song could fit WrestleMania XX, just like it's done so in the past, example: Hogan vs. Sting, WCW Starrcade 1997.

I cannot accept anything else...although they can use "Fight" again.

Remember, PPV themes are either:

-in-house production music (Armageddon, SSlam 02, NM02, JDay 03, NWO 04)

-exclusive tracks ('Crack Addict' for WMXIX)

-current or future singles from an up-and coming artist (every single other theme since InVasion)

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I remember the WM VII theme quite fondly. It's better than the one that Linda McMahon uses too. I'm not sure whatever WM's used it.

Lindas theme is basically the WM Track from the WWF Album in 1993, so I don't think it was a theme except for IX or X.

I remember the WM VII theme quite fondly. It's better than the one that Linda McMahon uses too. I'm not sure whatever WM's used it.

Lindas theme is basically the WM Track from the WWF Album in 1993, so I don't think it was a theme except for IX or X.

They used Linda's instrumental theme for WMs 9-14.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

They used Linda's instrumental theme for WMs 9-14.

9-14?!? DAMN!!

Guest Frank_Nabbit

Bust out the old CHV music that featured the History of Wrestling.... stick new stars with the old footage

*Marks Out*

Here's the list of theme songs for WrestleMania:

WrestleMania: "Easy Rider" by ????

WrestleMania 2-WrestleMania V: Different Jim Johnston Produced Saxophone-covered tracks. A different one for each year.

WrestleMania VI-WrestleMania VIII: The first real WrestleMania theme song. The classic trumpet and guitar one that was played during the commercials and during the actual show itself.

WrestleMania IX: Didn't have an actual theme song. The WrestleMania V-VIII theme song played during the highlight video, but it wasn't played during the show itself or the commercials hyping up the show. The show played Roman times music and some generic stock music.

WrestleMania X-XIV: The Linda McMahon theme song was used for these shows. It's the instrumental version of the "WrestleMania" rap song that was just a bunch of soundbytes from WWF wrestlers with the chorus "Whoa/Oh oh/Whoa/Oh oh/WrestleMania!/They fight to survive/Pump it up!/Pump it up!/Whoa/Oh oh/Whoa/Oh oh/WrestleMania!/They fight to survive/Just like that!/Just like that! The song appeared on WrestleMania: The Album that was released in 1993. Probalby the most famous WWF produced theme song of them all. They briefly used this song when hyping WrestleMania X-Seven back in 2001, before using "My Way".

WrestleMania XV: Don't know the name. It was either a Jim Johnston produced track or some generic stock music. It was only heard during the show to my knowledge, as they used classical music for the commercial and the hyping of the show.

WrestleMania 2000: "California". It's from the WWE Anthology CD, but it's a different version of the song. The song used at WrestleMania 2000 was faster, and it didn't have a rapper on it. It was just the beat and the ladies singing "California" again and again.

WrestleMania X-Seven: "My Way" by Limp Bizkit. One of my all-time favorite theme songs for a wrestling show. It just fit with the show, and the main event, so well. At first, I hated this song, but by the 2,000th time I heard it, it grew on me, and now it's one of my favorites. Now everytime I heard this song, I think of WrestleMania X-Seven and Rock vs. Austin from that show, and the video package that came with it. Good times, good times.

WrestleMania X-8: "Superstar" by Saliva and "Tear Away" by Drowning Pool. For some reason, they decided to use two theme songs for WrestleMania that year.

WrestleMania XIX: "Crack Addict" by Limp Bizkit. "My Way" this song ain't.

They usually announce the PPV theme 2 weeks before the event so the WM 20 theme should be revealed on the 1st.

Guest Deviant

As long as it's not some desperate-to-be-popular band with a fake attitude like Limp Bizkit last year, I don't care. There are very few ways they can't improve on last year with two performances from Durst on the same show...

I don't like the Foo Fighters at all, but "Times Like These" would be acceptable since they are using that on some small-time ads. It's fitting in a way, and could be used to create some awesome emotional packages detailing the show itself and Mania's history. It would work.

WrestleMania: "Easy Rider" by ????

The WrestleMania I theme song was basically the musical intro to Phil Collins' "Easy Lover". Vince had a thing for soft rock in the mid-80s for some reason.