TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
muzz

Lockdown Comments

Ichiban is the japanes for "number one" and it's one of Ann Onita's nick names.

And Coy is an new character of Ejiro and an old school red neck.

Oh... Ichiban...

Well then, someone added an unneccessary T to it. If it would've been I-CHI-BAN, then I would've gotten it easily then.

Well Flikster, it's spelt Ichiban, but pronounced Itchiban...I guess you could say there's a silent 'T'. The - marks in the chant are for the seperate sylablles, which is why the T is added...so it isn't pronounced 'Eyechiban'.

And the stip was thought up by Thoth. Believe me, that was a tame stip by his standards.

I'm a little late responding to this, but since I actually saw this now, I'll respond in kind now.

It's pronounced "e-chi-ban" (like e-fed, where the e is voiced). Not "it-chi-ban". Spending three years learning Japanese (basic, I'm like a two - three year old talking) and taught pronouncation (I can't spell today) of it, I'm quite sure that's how it is pronounced.

And since I was never corrected by the Japanese exchange students (who went out of their way to correct anything we made errors on), I think I should know.

Then again, I should know this. Might be off, but with my experience in the subject, I think I know. But I might be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

Ah, Thoth brought it up. That explains a lot. That was quite tame for him. I was expecting something more to it, that makes more sense.

Edited by Lightning Flik

In my defence, I stole the use of the 'T' from someone else. So...you know who NOT to blame.

Blame? Did I say I was blaming anyone?

No. Just saying how it was prounounce (I CAN'T SPELL~! GR~!). That's all. It's not a big deal really. Just found it odd and thought to go out of my way to show the right way.

Hell for all I know it could've been Annie. And I dare not refute Annie's call, because frankly, it's freaking Annie. She'd go hardcore all over my ass and I'd frankly be a dead man. I'd like to live for now, thanks.

No. Just saying how it was prounounce (I CAN'T SPELL~! GR~!). That's all. It's not a big deal really. Just found it odd and thought to go out of my way to show the right way.

*obligatory spelling nazi correction*

"Pronounce"

*obligatory spelling nazi correction*

"Pronounce"

Thank you.

You have no idea how much it was pissing me off that I couldn't spell "pronounce". I'm a spelling freak, so I must have my spelling correct at all times.

...my grammer is a different story.

That's "grammar".

Unless it's spelt differently there, in which case... I STILL DON'T CARE!

*wanders off muttering "my language, dammit..."*

In my defence, I stole the use of the 'T' from someone else. So...you know who NOT to blame.

I really should have put that smilie in so you'd know I was being sarcastic...

:P

Better late than never.

That's "grammar".

Unless it's spelt differently there, in which case... I STILL DON'T CARE!

*wanders off muttering "my language, dammit..."*

...damn my spelling is just the pits lately.

I really should have put that smilie in so you'd know I was being sarcastic...

:P

Better late than never.

Meh... Wasn't too sure, cause without smilies, sarcasm never goes across well on the internet without it. You so know it.