TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SamoaRowe

Rowe's WWE Diary

IT'S BACK~! YAY!

And meanwhile on my game... AJ Styles rules Smackdown as my World Champion, and Eddie Guerrero wants to lay a beating on him.

And JBL loses to Shark Boy... ha!

Guest JacK

Just noticed this is back. Awesome. Go Sanders, I marked out when I read Rhyno one, if only because I'm a Sanders mark. Damn WWE stole him in my game, and stole his partner of 2 years Sonny Siaki when I quit TNA.

Raw Preview

This Monday, Raw returns to the Verizon Wireless Arena in Concord, NH!

Fans should expect a full-packed show as the tournament for the Number One Contendership continues! Lance Storm will meet CM Punk, while Steve Corino will battle Frank Shamrock in the second round!

Evolution also will be in the building, preparing for Triple H's big match against Randy Orton at Unforgiven, with the Loser Leaves Town stipulations! A main event pitting Evolution member Austin Lee against Randy Orton has already been signed!

All of this and more on the next Raw! (Coming hopefully by 6/25)!

WWF Raw

September 4th, 2006

The music and the pyro plays and Mike Tenay and Jonathan Coachman welcome us to another exciting episode of Raw! They remind us that tonight’s main event is Evolution member Austin Lee taking on Randy Orton. But first, the mini-tournament for the number one contendership continues…

Frank Shamrock vs Steve Corino

Match Background: Frank Shamrock is the reigning WWF Hardcore champion, and has been since 27 June 2006.

The Match: Frank is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Frank counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Steve Corino just WALKS into a stiff lariat clothesline from Frank. Frank whips Corino into the turnbuckles...and the ref is crushed! Belly to back suicideplex, Corino got folded up big time. Cover, but there's no one to count for Frank Shamrock! Corino counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! BIG clothesline on Frank. Frank walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. Hooks the leg for a two count. Massive lariat! Stan Hansen would approve. Pin, but Frank is out just before the three count. Frank powers out of a headlock. T-Bone suplex by Frank, Corino got folded in half to the point that he was almost able to fellate himself. Mighty impressive, don't you think? Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Corino counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Frank Shamrock slugs Steve Corino, sending him down into the corner. While Frank fires up the crowd, Corino is removing the turnbuckle pad! Frank Shamrock comes over...but Corino grabs him by the tights and uses the leverage to slingshot Frank Shamrock face first into the exposed steel turnbuckle! Steve Corino rolls up the stunned Frank Shamrock: 1....2...3! How did the referee not see that?

My Opinion: Almost got a **** match, but was lacking in certain areas, so i'm knocking off a quarter of a star. Yes, there is such a thing as a quarter star. ***3/4.

Tenay: Dammit, this was not a hardcore match, but Corino wrestled as if he was in one!

Coach: Wah, wah, wah, Frank is a big boy, he should’ve seen it coming!

Tenay: Either way, Steve Corino advances to the finals of the tournament.

Winner at 11:16: Steve Corino

An Evolution Night

As we come back from commercial, Evolution is standing in the ring. This includes the World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Benoit, Triple H, Adam Hastey, and Austin Lee.

Triple H: At Unforgiven, Randy Orton will learn how it feels to have his entire life destroyed by the absolute best this business has ever seen! I have beaten them all, Randy. But the really sad thing is that not only can you not take me, but you can’t even take my new friend, Austin Lee!

Lee: Damn right! It’s a good thing that I don’t have a match at Unforgiven to get ready for, now that Kendrick and Cade have suffered that unfortunate accident last week.

Hastey: Yeah, man.. that was harsh! I hope no one beat them up with baseball bats or anything! (Both Hastey and Lee are cracking up now, Benoit is smirking).

Triple H: Hehe, great example, guys. Bad things happen to those who oppose Evolution. Shawn Michaels paid the price. His students, Garrison Cade and Brian Kendrick paid the price. Even Al Snow paid the price. Randy, I hope you’ve got a full wallet, because your treachery is going to cost you!

Coach: Haha, I love these guys!

Tenay: This makes me sick! This new incarnation of Evolution is the deadliest I’ve ever seen them! Not only do they have the world champion, but it appears they are raising the stakes! The careers of those poor men in the hospital thanks to Evolution hangs in the balance, and they don’t even care!

Julio Dinero vs Christian

Match Background: Julio’s tag partner, CM Punk, has been having trouble with Christian since a six man tag match at Summerslam.

The Match: Fallaway slam by Julio Dinero puts down Christian. Massive backbreaker on Christian and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. There's a two count on the pin. Christian reverses a hip toss. Dinero gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Christian! A Gut buster connects on Dinero and hits hard. Covers for a quick two count. Christian brings out a jumping powerbomb to nearly murder Dinero in the ring! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Christian drives a thrust kick into the chest of Dinero. Dinero blocks a punch. Christian walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. Hooks the leg for a two count. DDT from the top rope by Julio Dinero. That looked KILLER. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Julio Dinero hits a rolling kick on Christian. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Julio Dinero ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. Christian backdrops Julio Dinero out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Christian. Christian slams Julio Dinero down and motions to the crowd. Belly to belly off the top rope! Julio Dinero slams Christian, who rolls onto his stomach. What is Christian doing? Julio Dinero picks him up and signals for a powerbomb. He raises Christian up...but then falls backward, getting crushed by his opponent in the process! Christian is on top! 1....2....3! Looking at the replay, it appears that Christian had taken a chain out of his tights and wrapped it around his fist! Julio Dinero must have been punched with that chain while in mid-powerbomb! What a cheap shot! CM Punk comes running down the aisle, and gets into the ring! CM Punk drops Christian to the canvas. CM Punk quickly locks on the Devil Lock! Christian has been left down on the canvas.

My Opinion: I'll give it a **1\2 rating, but that's because I didn't mark out once...but nothing was too bad.

Coach: What the hell, that was an unprovoked attack by CM Punk!

Tenay: Christian just stole a victory from Julio, do you really think Punk was going to let that stand!

Coach: Someone should’ve stopped that, I think Christian is out cold!

Winner at 4:24: Christian

In the back…

Jeff Jarrett is walking down the hallway, he bumps into Chris Benoit again.

Jarrett: Thanks again for last week.

Benoit: Anytime, my friend. You know, with all this free time I’ve been having lately, I haven’t been feeling like much of a champion. I don’t have to defend my title again until Unforgiven, against whoever wins the tournament, so I just float around. (He sees Tommy Dreamer walking by). But then again, at least I have an excuse.

Dreamer: What’s that?

Benoit: You heard me. You’re a lousy Intercontinental Champion, Tommy. Where were you last week?

Dreamer: Family issues, you ass.

Benoit: Poor excuse, you piece of crap. I defend my belt every chance I get, you on the other hand…

Dreamer: What’s that! Are you calling me a coward? Well, if I’m such a coward, then why don’t I put my belt on the line tonight, against YOU!

Benoit (laughing): What makes you think I want your IC belt when I’m the World Heavyweight champion!

Dreamer: Now who’s the coward?

Benoit: You want to screw around with the champion? Fine, I accept your challenge. You better get ready, Tommy, I’m not going to go light on you.

The two of them leave, with Jeff Jarrett just standing there. Jarrett laughs and continues his stroll. He comes to his dressing room and enters, it is trashed.

Jarrett: What the hell? Christian? Test? Where are you guys?

Suddenly Raven jumps him from behind. He slams Jarrett’s head against the wall a few times and places Jarrett’s leg in the doorway. He slams the door.

Jarrett: AARGGH! You son of a bitch! I’m going to KILL YOU!

Raven: Actions speak louder than works, bitch. Quote the Raven, never-f(bleep)ing-more.

Tenay: I’m speechless.

Trish Stratus and Erica Porter vs Victoria and Molly Holly

Match Background: Trish Stratus is the reigning WWF Womens champion, and has been since 27 June 2006. Erica Porter and Molly Holly have been pulling Heat duty quite often lately.

The Match: Second rope flying axe handle, Molly goes down. One day, Erica might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. SUPER frankensteiner on Molly, who hit hard and is loopy as a result. Covers for a quick two count. Tag to Trish Stratus. Trish \ Erica whip Molly into the corner. Trish Stratus whips Erica Porter in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. Molly Holly takes a butterfly suplex from Trish. Covers for a quick two count. Molly is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Molly reverses a waistlock. Wicked suplex out of the corner from Molly Holly, is executed so well, it hurt MY back. Tag to Victoria. Victoria slams Trish Stratus down and motions to the crowd. Spinebuster by Victoria. Trish Stratus fights out of a grapple. Tag between Trish Stratus and Erica Porter. Flying reverse elbow by Erica Porter. Tor-NADO DDT from Erica Porter, Victoria got planted! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. STIFF high kick on Victoria by Erica Porter. Erica Porter gets taken down out of nowhere! Erica walks into a jaw breaker. Erica Porter is in trouble. Widow's Peak!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Erica \ Trish look like they aren't done...and they attack Victoria \ Molly! After an exchange of blows, Victoria and Molly are laid out in the ring.

My Opinion: I'll give this a ***1\4 rating. If I left it up to you, you'd probably think it was the greatest match ever! Keep trying...

Tenay: Victoria took advantage of the inexperience of young Erica Porter.

Coach: Yeah, it’s a shame she couldn’t have pinned the Women’s Champ, but that’s good enough for now.

Tenay: Yes, you have to believe that both Victoria and Molly are real contenders for Trish’s belt.

Winners at 5:45: Victoria and Molly Holly

The show will go on…

Evolution is sitting around their dressing room. Triple H and Benoit offer Hastey and Lee some fine wine. Lee seems to enjoy it, but Hastey is sickened by it. He excuses himself. Seconds after he leaves the dressing room, Brian Kendrick appears out of nowhere and shoves Hastey to the wall. He holds him against the wall as he speaks.

Kendrick: Look, I know it was you who took me and Garrison out last week. Too bad for you, but I’m not as banged up as my friend! You think you’ve snuck your way out of our match at Unforgiven? Well, I talked to Shawn Michaels this morning, and the match will go on! Only now it will take place in a steel cage! Garrison won’t be able to make it, but I have an old friend coming in as a special favor to me. See you late.

Kendrick throws Hastey to the ground and vanishes. Hastey coughs and looks really pissed.

Lance Storm vs CM Punk

Match Background: This is round two of the tournament. The winner here will go on to the finals.

The Match: Big dropkick by CM Punk, who got a ton of air on the move. Punk hits a piledriver on Lance Storm. That used to end matches, you know. Hooks the leg for a two count. Punk charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Lance Storm connects with a back heel kick on Punk and gets back up quickly. Implant DDT by Lance Storm! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tor-NADO DDT from Lance Storm, Punk got planted! Pin, but Punk is out just before the three count. Big dropkick by Lance Storm, who got a ton of air on the move. CM Punk fights out of a grapple. Reverse DDT on Storm. Hooks the leg for a two count. Death valley driver by CM Punk! No one executes that move properly anymore. Pin, but Storm is out just before the three count. BAAACK Body drop by Storm gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. CM Punk connects with rights and lefts and Lance Storm is down! Punk drops an elbow...but Lance Storm moves out of the way. Lance Storm snap suplexes Punk HARD to the canvas! And again! A pair of clotheslines follow and...yep, Storm is a HOUSE...EN...FUEGO~! Delayed BRAINBUSTAH~! Storm really drove that one down big time. Christian comes running down the aisle and into the ring! CM Punk turns around. Christian spins Punk around. Christian hits the Unprettier! Christian leaves the ring, the damage done! Lance Storm doesn’t know what happened! He covers Punk. The ref gets into position, administers the three count, and it's over. Lance Storm pins Punk. Christian remains in the ring. Lance Storm pushes the referee away. Lance Storm spins Christian around. Lance Storm hits the Super Kick!

My Opinion: All it gets is a ***1\2 rating from me. Deal with it.

Tenay: Christian came back to screw CM Punk out of his shot at the title!

Coach: But that ungrateful idiot, Storm, didn’t want his help! What thanks does he give Christian? A super-kick!

Tenay: Storm wanted to win on his own! Dammit! Either way, Storm advances to the finals, so next week we’re going to have Steve Corino vs Lance Storm!

Winner at 8:03: Lance Storm

After the commercial, Shane Helms and Shannon Moore are already in the ring. Coach has a microphone.

Coach: Ladies and gentlemen, it is my great honor to introduce the two newest Raw superstars, Matt Hardy and Matt Stryker!

Non-title: Helms and Moore vs Mattitude 2.0

Match Background: Helms and Moore are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. Helms and Moore are the reigning World Tag Team champions, and have been since 27 June 2006.

The Match: Vertical suplex by Matt Hardy Version 1.0. Shannon walks into a jaw breaker. Covers for a quick two count. Tag between Matt Hardy Version 1.0 and Matt Stryker. Mattitude 2.0 whip Shannon into the corner. Matt Stryker whips Matt Hardy Version 1.0 in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. Spin kick by Matt Stryker to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. There's a two count on the pin. Spinning back kick from Matt Stryker. Shannon Moore comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Tiger suplex on Stryker. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, dammit. Shannon tags out to Shane Helms. Helms slams Matt Stryker down and motions to the crowd. Lightning kick by Helms on Stryker. Helms drops an elbow...but Matt Stryker moves out of the way. Tag between Matt Stryker and Matt Hardy Version 1.0. Massive backbreaker on Helms and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. Matt Hardy Version 1.0 brings out a jumping powerbomb to nearly murder Helms in the ring! Pin, but Helms is out just before the three count. Matt Hardy Version 1.0 connects with rights and lefts and Shane Helms is down! Helms counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Spinning bulldog in the corner and Hardy is down! As Shannon and Hardy get into a brawl on the outside, Rico comes running down into the ring! Shane Helms gets grabbed, and they start brawling. Hardy takes some shots at Helms as well. The referee, seeing the chaos, calls for a no contest ruling. We have three sets of grapplers in the ring, as Helms and Moore, Mattitude 2.0 and The New Rainbow Express look at each other. Before the inevitable brawl erupts, a host of referees hit the ring to keep them apart.

My Opinion: A badly blown spot prevents me from giving out more snowflakes. ***3/4

Tenay: The match was going along just fine until Rico and Lodi ruined it!

Coach: Hahaha, this is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen!

Tenay: I cannot wait to hear what Shawn Michaels has to say about this!

No contest at 12:35.

Intercontinental Championship: Tommy Dreamer © vs Chris Benoit

Dreamer makes his entrance, and proudly poses with his title. Then Benoit’s music plays, but something is wrong… Triple H is with Benoit, and he’s wearing a referee outfit!

Match Background: This will be a special guest referee bout. Triple H will be the referee for this match. This match is for the WWF Intercontinental title. Chris Benoit is the reigning World Heavyweight champion, and has been since 27 June 2006. Tommy Dreamer has been WWF Intercontinental champion since 20 February 2006.

The Match: Running knee lift from Tommy Dreamer. Nice piledriver on Benoit. There's a two count on the pin. Dreamer charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Double arm suplex by Chris Benoit connects as Dreamer hits hard. Big dropkick by Chris Benoit, who got a ton of air on the move. Hooks the leg for a two count. Benoit hits a great swinging DDT on Tommy Dreamer. Benoit then hits a pair of HARD clotheslines and a BAAACK Bodydrop! ULTIMATE HOUSE...EN...FUEGO~! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! BAAACK Body drop by Dreamer gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Benoit drops an elbow...but Tommy Dreamer moves out of the way. Tommy Dreamer hits a bulldog off the ropes. Hooks the leg for a two count. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Tommy Dreamer connects and Chris Benoit is down! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Flying shoulder tackle by Dreamer sends Benoit CRASHING to the mat. Dreamer hits a right hand. Chris Benoit is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. BAAACK Body drop by Dreamer gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Chris Benoit just KILLS Tommy Dreamer! Tommy Dreamer pushes Chris Benoit back into the corner, then climbs up and unloads with ten punches to the head. He gets back down, just as Triple H calls for the DQ! He explains to the ring announcer that Chris Benoit was in the ropes for over a five count, and Tommy Dreamer didn't release the hold, therefore is disqualified. Tommy Dreamer nails an unsuspecting HHH with a clothesline from behind. Tommy Dreamer moves in for the kill. Dreamer Driver!!! That shook the ring. Tommy Dreamer leaves HHH down on the canvas, hurt.

My Opinion: Ohh, looky. A **3/4 match!

Tenay: What the hell was that? Triple H cost Dreamer the match, but not the title?

Coach: You heard Benoit earlier. He doesn’t want the IC title while he’s the World Champion.

Tenay: You mean this was just Evolution trying to prove a point?!? They are out of control.

Coach: And the best part is that we get to see more Evolution in the main event, next!

Winner by DQ at 6:35: Chris Benoit

Randy Orton vs Austin Lee

Match Background: Randy Orton is preparing for his Loser Leaves Town match with Triple H at Unforgiven.

The Match: Randy Orton hits some punches. How generic. Orton scoops and slams Austin Lee. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Austin Lee charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Running knee lift from Randy Orton. Lee powers out of a headlock. Second rope flying axe handle, Orton goes down. One day, Lee might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Lee crushes Orton with a sweet running senton. There's a two count on the pin. Randy Orton comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Spear by Randy Orton. Hooks the leg for a two count. Spear! Lee is down! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Lee blocks a kick from Randy Orton. Austin Lee strikes Orton. Randy Orton is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. BAAACK Body drop by Lee gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Adam Hastey comes running down the aisle with a chair! Lee and Randy Orton continue fighting, unaware of the intrusion. Adam Hastey slides in and prepares to swing the chair...but Randy Orton moves! Hastey accidentally blasts Lee with a chair to the head! Randy Orton throws Hastey out of the ring! Austin Lee can barely stand. Here it comes - RKO. 1....2...3, it's finished. Lee \ Hastey are beating down on Randy Orton! The music of J.R. Ryder hits, and he comes running down the aisle into the ring. Lee and Hastey bail out of the ring, leaving Randy Orton down in the ring. J.R. Ryder may have saved Randy Orton from a brutal beating.

My Opinion: A ***3/4 rating! Yay!

Tenay: What the HELL?!? That’s Smackdown superstar, J.R. Ryder!

Coach: Not only his he on the wrong show, but he’s screwing everything up! Maybe those seven months he spent on the sidelines made him forget what show he belongs on!

J.R. Ryder is receiving a huge pop from the audience, he and Randy Orton make it to the stage with Austin Lee and Adam Hastey shouting threats from the ring. Brian Kendrick then joins Ryder and Orton on the stage.

Coach: Are you telling me Ryder is the friend Kendrick was talking about earlier!

Tenay: It appears so! This means at Unforgiven, we’re going to see Adam Hastey and Austin Lee battling Brian Kendrick and J.R. Ryder inside a steel cage! It’s going to be unbelievable!

Winner at 17:32: Randy Orton

Show ends on a positive note!

Wow . . . how many weeks to Unforgiven? It's shaping up like a decent card.

I believe there are 3 Raws left in the game until unforgiven. I wanted to start the hype early, so of as a way to point out why WWE is so stupid for waiting until the last minute to reveal all of their PPV cards. I might even start setting up No Mercy matches for Smackdown way ahead of time too.

I'm excited about the storyline aspects of Unforgiven, but to be quite honest, I don't think the workrate is going to hold up. That's okay though, it's not as if we really have to watch any matches :D

Smackdown Preview!

Even though it's only been a week since Mike Sanders was named new GM of Smackdown, it looks as if he will already have his hands full. Smackdown Star J.R. Ryder made a surprise return on Raw this week, you can be sure this will not sit well with the new authority!

Last week sparks began to fly between AJ Styles and Paul London. Will things have cooled off during the week? Don't bet on it, considering that Styles left London laying in a pool of his own blood!

Also signed for this week is the long-awaited U.S. Championship match between Low-Ki and Chad Collyer! It's sure to be a battle for the ages, don't miss it!

WWF Smackdown

September 7, 2006

The pyro goes off and out comes the new GM of Smackdown, the one and only Mike Sanders. Sanders doesn’t look too pleased, however. Michael Cole and Tazz greet the tv viewers and speculate as to why Sanders looks upset. They also remind us of tonight’s huge main event, pitting U.S. Champion Low-Ki against the number one contender for his title, Chad Collyer.

Sanders: Being General Manager of Smackdown is no easy task. I have a locker-room full of hot shots and egos that I need to keep in line. I have the task of ensuring the continued success of WWF Champion, Rhyno. That being said, the job of GM is basically much more than I was ready to swallow. (The audience are now chanting “quit, quit, quit). You would like that wouldn’t you? It’s a hard job, but it’s well worth it! I have ultimate power over this brand now and there is nothing that anyone can do about it! I will put up with the egos, I will put up with the hot shots, but there is one thing that I cannot tolerate. That is Smackdown superstars who think they are so special that they can appear on Raw simply because they feel like it. That’s right, I’m talking about J.R. Ryder!

Tazz: He’s right, Cole. Ryder showed up on Raw this week to the shock of everyone!

Sanders: This isn’t going to stand, Ryder. I understand that you are now booked to appear at Raw’s Pay-Per-View, Unforgiven. If you value your job in this company, you will do no such thing. You will not appear on Raw next week. I’m going to send a member of SARS to Raw this Monday night to ensure that you do not enter a Raw ring for any reason! Listen to what I say, J.R. Ryder. You are coming back to Smackdown instantly, whether you want to or not!

Cole: This isn’t fair! J.R. Ryder might be a Smackdown superstar, but he only appeared on Raw to help out his friend! We have no evidence that Ryder intends on staying on Raw!

Tazz: That’s not the point, Cole. Raw and Smackdown are separate brands! If J.R. Ryder can just waltz onto Raw anytime he feels like it, what’s to stop Raw superstars from doing the same on Smackdown? Besides, Ryder is booked for Raw’s Unforgiven Pay-Per-View on September 25th, how’s that for evidence that he intends on staying!

Cole: I think we need to hear from Ryder himself before we make any outrageous assumptions!

Sean O'Haire vs Orlando Jordan

Match Background: Last week Sean O’Haire ended his partnership with Kanyon. Meanwhile, Jordan attempted to end his rivalry with Nunzio.

The Match: O'Haire scoops and slams Orlando Jordan. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? O'Haire slams Orlando Jordan. Bodyslam by O'Haire. Orlando Jordan charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Jordan counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Jordan. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. Jordan hits a piledriver on Sean O'Haire. That used to end matches, you know. Covers for a quick two count. Sean O'Haire elbows Orlando Jordan in the face to break a hammerlock. O'Haire hits a piledriver on Orlando Jordan. That used to end matches, you know. Hooks the leg for a two count. Sean O'Haire scores with a standing spinebuster. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Jordan reverses a Sean O'Haire hammerlock. O'Haire takes a back suplex. O'Haire counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Orlando Jordan by O'Haire. Remember when that was a legit finish? Nunzio comes running down the aisle and into the ring! Orlando Jordan turns around. Nunzio drops Jordan to the canvas. Nunzio quickly locks on the Sicillian Crab! Nunzio leaves the ring, the damage done! The ref gets into position, administers the three count, and it's over. Sean O'Haire pins Jordan. Sean O'Haire goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

My Opinion: They definitely need to hook up again, I don't care what anyone says. ***1\2

Cole: Nunzio just cost Orlando Jordan the match!

Tazz: It would seem that Nunzio is just having fun with Jordan by this point.

Winner at 8:32: Sean O’Haire

The Fun Ends

We come back from the commercial and see Orlando Jordan rampaging through the locker-room area.

Jordan: WHERE IS NUNZIO! I’M SICK OF THIS! I’M… (Josh Matthews runs up with a camera).

Josh: Orlando Jordan, Nunzio just cost you anoth…

Jordan: Another match? Forget just one match! Nunzio is ruining my career! Why is he suddenly so interested in tormenting me! For what, fun?!? This is going to end! Next week, I want a one on one match with Nunzio! He’s going to listen to me this time too, because if I don’t get my one on one match, I’m going to return the favor! I will make your life hell, Nunzio! All you have to do to stop it is to face me one on one and then never bother me again!

Commercial

We come back from a commercial, and Cole and Tazz are all excited about the 4-way number one contender match for the Cruiserweight Championship. Jamie Noble, Taka Michinoku, and Psychosis are already in the ring, and Ultimo Dragon is expected out next, but instead out comes Trent Acid.

Cole: What the hell is Trent Acid doing out here?

Tazz: He lost to Ultimo Dragon in a six man tag match last week, how does he get a spot in this match? And where’s Dragon?

Cole: Either way, this match is under way!

Jamie Noble vs Trent Acid vs TAKA Michinoku vs Psychosis

Match Background: This will be an elimination bout.

The Match: Noble hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Vertical suplex by Jamie Noble. Covers for a quick two count. Trent Acid reverses a hip toss. Acid tags out to TAKA Michinoku. Hard back suplex on Noble. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. TAKA whips Noble into the turnbuckles...and the ref is crushed! Diamond Dust from TAKA Michinoku, Noble is out! Cover, but there's no one to count for TAKA Michinoku! Noble takes a flying neckbreaker from TAKA Michinoku. Jamie Noble powers out of a TAKA Michinoku headlock. Tag to Psychosis. Flying reverse elbow by Psychosis. Hard back suplex on TAKA. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Psychosis misses a clothesline. Second rope flying axe handle, Psychosis goes down. One day, TAKA might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Back heel kick off the second rope and Psychosis goes flying! ONE...TWO...THREE. TAKA defeats Psychosis. Spinning back kick from Trent Acid. Implant DDT by Trent Acid! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Hooks the leg for a two count. Acid crushes TAKA with a sweet running senton. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! TAKA Michinoku once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Tiger suplex on Acid. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, Bloody Hell! Tag to Jamie Noble. Jamie Noble brings out a jumping powerbomb to nearly murder Acid in the ring! Cover gets three for Jamie Noble, Acid got pinned. Jamie Noble connects with rights and lefts and TAKA Michinoku is down! Jamie Noble misses a clothesline. GORGEOUS Spinning bulldog in the corner and Noble is down. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Jamie Noble powers out of a TAKA Michinoku headlock. BAAACK Body drop by TAKA gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. TAKA Michinoku grabs Jamie Noble from behind and shoves him into the ropes, then scores with a roll-up...but Noble rolls through with the move! He used a pull of the tights to get TAKA over! 1....2...3! The referee was out of position and didn't see it!

My Opinion: I'm capable of giving out high star ratings...but only for matches that really deserve it. This one didn't. The crowd was dead for this match. **1/4.

Cole: Jamie Noble wins the match! He will go on to face Frankie Kazarian for the Cruiserweight title!

Tazz: Good for Noble, but where is Ultimo Dragon? I don’t think he’d miss out on a chance to wrestle for the Cruiserweight gold!

Winner at 12:11: Jamie Noble

The Smackdown Champion

Rhyno is backstage with Josh Matthews.

Josh: Rhyno, next week you are defending your WWF title against an opponent of your choosing. The whole world is wondering, who will be your pick?

Rhyno: What makes you think I’m going to tell you, you little puke. I will proudly defend my WWF title against someone who really deserves it. Perhaps I’ll even give a lucky fan the shot of a life-time and pull one over the stand to challenge me. Maybe I’ll choose you, Josh Matthews. I would LOVE to land a GORE on your sorry ass. (Suddenly Paul London, bandaged from last week, enters).

London: Rhyno, would you really do that? Don’t you have any self-respect! Do you want historians to look back years from now and remember Rhyno as the champion who defended his belt against fans and announcers? You’ll be laughed at!

Rhyno: Oh yeah, then you’ll be remembered as the man that this laughing stock beat in the middle of that ring.

London: So you’ve made your mind, eh? Well, good luck with your defense next week then! Just remember that I haven’t gone anywhere, Rhyno. Sooner or later, I’m going to earn another shot at your belt. And when I do, I’m going to take that WWF Championship off your shoulder.

Rhyno: That’s funny, Paul. You will NEVER get another shot at my belt. Especially now that my manager is GM.

London: Oh, I’ll find a way. You just wait.

Rhyno: And I WILL be waiting.

Ken Shamrock and Simon Diamond vs Jimmy Rave and Nova

Match Background: Shamrock and Diamond debuted on Smackdown last week with an impressive victory over the Briscoe Boyz.

The Match: STIFF high kick on Shamrock by Jimmy Rave. Shamrock takes a flying neckbreaker from Jimmy Rave. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag between Jimmy Rave and Nova. Jimmy Rave and Nova whip Shamrock into the corner. Jimmy Rave whips Nova in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. Covers for a quick two count. Nova hits a rolling kick on Shamrock. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Shamrock backdrops Nova out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Ken Shamrock. Powerslam from Ken Shamrock on Nova. There's a two count on the pin. Tag to Simon Diamond. Reverse DDT on Nova. Pin, but Nova is out just before the three count. Diamond drives a thrust kick into the chest of Nova. Nova avoids a Simon Diamond avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Diamond takes a flying neckbreaker from Nova. Nova tags out to Jimmy Rave. Spinning back kick from Jimmy Rave. Diamond tags out to Ken Shamrock. Hard back suplex on Shamrock. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Shamrock holds Jimmy Rave in place. Simon Diamond charges...but Rave ducks, andDiamondends up flooringShamrock! Ken Shamrock gets knocked to the ground by Rave. Satellite Crossface!!! Ken Shamrock taps out! Shamrock and Diamond don't look like they're finished by any means...and they rush forward to attack Jimmy Rave and Nova, and send them to the outside. Threats are exchanged as the chaos ends.

My Opinion: Almost got a **** match, but was lacking in certain areas, so i'm knocking off a quarter of a star. Yes, there is such a thing as a quarter star. ***3/4.

Cole: My God! Rave and Nova just picked up a HUGE UPSET!

Tazz: The greatest tag team in Raw’s history just got themselves beaten by a couple of underdogs on Smackdown! If this doesn’t clearly demonstrate the superiority of Smackdown, than I don’t know what does!

Cole: I don’t know about that, Rave and Nova are former tag team champions. Either way this was a great match!

Winners at 8:56: Jimmy Rave and Nova

Still Kicking

Erik Watts and Paul London are discussing something. They end their conversation, shake hands, and go their separate ways. Josh Matthews then approaches Watts.

Josh: Erik, last week you lost out on your chance to become GM of Smackdown. How do you feel?

Watts: It’s disappointing, but I have to take things as they go. Chad Collyer wrestled a great match on my behalf, and I wish him luck in his match with Low-Ki tonight. Just because last week didn’t go my way doesn’t mean I get to quit. I have a new set of goals, and they include managing the next WWF Champion. I’m going to find myself a client who I will manage to unparalleled success. I hope Mike Sanders and his SARS group are ready, I don’t think they’ve bargained on Erik Watts.

AJ Styles vs Johnny Stamboli

Match Background: Johnny Stamboli has picked up the reputation of being a friendly loner in the locker-room. He has no alliances, yet is happy to help out those who need him.

The Match: Johnny Stamboli with a spinning neckbreaker on Styles. Styles walks into a side slam. Covers for a quick two count. Styles blocks a kick from Johnny Stamboli. Standing leg lariat by AJ Styles on Stamboli. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. There's a two count on the pin. Slingshot senton by Styles, crushing the chest cavity of Stamboli. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Second rope flying axe handle, Stamboli goes down. One day, Styles might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Stamboli ducks a wild right hand. A sit out full nelson slam on Styles. There's a two count on the pin. Stamboli pulls a jumping piledriver out of nowhere!! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Stamboli slams AJ Styles down and motions to the crowd. STIFF~! chop lights up Styles who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Johnny Stamboli misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Second rope flying axe handle, Stamboli goes down. One day, Styles might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Springboard dropkick from AJ Styles. Nicely done. Johnny Stamboli is in trouble. Styles Clash! Paul London slides into the ring out of nowhere! Styles takes a stiff punch to the face and falls to the canvas. The referee calls for the DQ as Paul London continues to attack Styles. Paul London obviously hasn't finished his attack yet! AJ Styles stands up. Paul London slams Styles down. Paul London climbs to the top rope and hits the London Calling! Paul London eventually leaves, having caused enough damage.

My Opinion: Good bout. In my estimation, it's about ***3/4.

Cole: What has gotten into Paul London! I’ve never seen him that aggressive before!

Tazz: Could being bloodied by Styles have awoken some sort of dormant intensity in Paul London? This is awesome!

Winner at 5:55 by DQ: AJ Styles

United States Championship: Low-Ki © (with Don Callis) vs Chad Collyer

Match Background: This match is for the WWF United States title. Low Ki has been WWF United States champion since 20 August 2006.

The Match: Collyer hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Collyer drops an elbow...but Low Ki moves out of the way. Collyer is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Low Ki misses a clothesline...and takes out the referee accidentally! Low Ki nearly kills Collyer with a released tiger suplex. Hooks the leg, but the referee is still out! Low Ki misses a clothesline. Implant DDT by Chad Collyer! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Springboard reverse elbow by Chad Collyer. Excellent move. Looks like Muta has giving out lessons. Covers for a quick two count. Low Ki walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one of those though? Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Low Ki counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Collyer walks into a killer lariat, as opposed to a friendly lariat. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Chad Collyer elbows Low Ki in the face to break a hammerlock. Low Ki can barely stand. Spinning DVD! 1....2....3.

My Opinion: This match was SO close from being perfect...but I'd feel almost...dirty giving it the full monty, so I'm only going to give it ****3/4.

Cole: Chad Collyer has done it! He defeated Low-Ki for the U.S. title!

Tazz: Great moment for Collyer!

Callis drags Low-Ki out of the ring. Collyer gets on the mic.

Collyer: All I have to say is that this is just the beginning. Next week, Rhyno will choose me to be his opponent. He might not realize this yet, but I’ll make him. Just wait and see.

Tazz: Rhyno would have to be crazy to choose a world-class athlete like Chad Collyer to be his opponent next week!

Cole: I guess this is going to depend on how Rhyno feels. Does he want to take the low-road and challenge a fan or staff member for the title or does he want to defend it against a worthy opponent.

Tazz: Something tells me that Rhyno isn’t too worried about his honor.

Winner at 21:03 and NEW U.S. Champion: Chad Collyer

The show ends with Collyer posing with the U.S. belt.

Guest Prof_Plague

You made Trent Acid lose?! Well, at least it was to Noble.

You made Trent Acid lose?! Well, at least it was to Noble.

Trent Acid only has a verbal contract. He tours in Japan, so I don't want to push him and make him a part of storylines only to have to lose him suddenly at the end of any given month. In the meantime, he's a good hand.

Okay, I suck at updating this thing. I have two jobs now, which is poor excuse. I haven't forgotten about this thing, I've just been busier than I imagined. I'm going to be gone for a little over a week on a camping trip (starting tomorrow) while I'm gone I'm going to get my thoughts together and hopefully start updating more consistently when I return. Have a good summer, everyone!

WWF Raw

Sept. 11th 2006

The pyro explodes and Raw begins! Before the intro, a brief 9/11 tribute plays, recognizing that it has been five years since the attacks. Mike Tenay and Jonathan Coachman welcome us to Raw! They go over the line-up for the evening, which will consist of the finals in the Number One Contendership tournament, putting Lance Storm against Steve Corino. Also, Shane Helms and Shannon Moore will defend their World Tag Team Championships against the teams of Mattitude 2.0 and the New Rainbow Express.

Randy Orton vs Adam Hastey

Match Background: Orton defeat Hastey’s partner, Austin Lee, in the main event of Raw last week.

The Match: Orton slams Adam Hastey. Hastey is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Vertical suplex by Randy Orton. Orton slams Adam Hastey down and motions to the crowd. Orton drops an elbow...but Adam Hastey moves out of the way. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Springboard reverse elbow by Adam Hastey. Excellent move. Looks like Muta has giving out lessons. There's a two count on the pin. Orton powers out of a headlock. Hastey walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. There's a two count on the pin. Powerbomb on Hastey. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Hastey backdrops Randy Orton out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Adam Hastey. Hastey hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Orton blocks a kick from Adam Hastey. Bodyslam by Orton. Adam Hastey is in trouble. Here it comes - RKO. 1....2...3, it's finished.

My Opinion: These guys worked SO HARD...for a ** rating. Too short, not to mention a total clash of styles.

Tenay: Orton picks up another win over an Evolution member!

Coach: He probably cheated and we just missed it!

Tenay: Don’t be ridiculous! Orton is on a serious roll! He needs to keep this up too, going into his Loser Leaves Town match with Triple H on September 25th at Unforgiven!

Coach: Well, I can assure you, it won’t matter what kind of roll Orton is on when Unforgiven comes around. Triple H will be a man possessed, as he would do anything to keep doing what he loves most!

Tenay: We’ll just have to wait and see.

Winner at 4:12: Randy Orton

Ryder’s Loyalties

As we come back from the commercial, Tenay and Coach are shocked as Smackdown GM, Mike Sanders, has made his way to the ring.

Sanders: So this is Raw, eh? I have to admit, I’m not all that impressed. I know all of you fans would much rather be at a Smackdown show tonight, so my deepest apologies go out to each and every one of you. Anyway, I’m sure you all know why I am here tonight and I am here for one purpose only: to make J.R. Ryder come back to Smackdown with me. I know you’re back there, Ryder, come out here now!

J.R. Ryder makes his entrance to a pretty worthy pop. He slides into the ring and yanks the mic out of Sander’s hand.

Ryder: Before you embarrass yourself, Mike, you just need to realize one thing. When I went down with my injury seven months ago, it was expected that I would not be able to compete again until October. Therefore, in all the paperwork I had to sign regarding my surgery and time off slips, I am not an active part of the Smackdown roster until October 1st. So I get to do whatever I want in the meantime, and if that includes coming to Raw to help out Brian Kendrick, then that is none of your damn business.

Sanders (very solemn): So there is nothing I can do, is that what you’re telling me? I disagree. You can stay on Raw as long as you want for all I care. Because on the first Smackdown in October I’m going to make my way to the ring and announce to the entire world that “J.R. Ryder…is… FIRED!”

Ryder responds with anger and nails Mike Sanders right in the face. Sanders goes down, and Ryder continues to pummel him. SARS member (and Smackdown superstar) Chuck Palumbo then comes running down the ramp and pulls Ryder off of Sanders, the two then start brawling. Before this can go on too long, Raw GM Shawn Michaels makes an appearance on the titantron.

HBK: Whoa, whoa, whoa! Settle down you guys. Ryder, it’s great to have you here on Raw to help us out with Evolution, but at the same time I understand where Mike Sanders is coming from. If superstars just start appearing on whatever brand they feel like, the WWF is going to be in trouble. So how about this… right now let’s have J.R. Ryder vs Chuck Palumbo. If Ryder wins, he can stay on Raw up until Unforgiven. If Palumbo wins, Ryder goes back to Smackdown and I start looking for someone else to take his spot in the cage match at Unforgiven.

Sanders: Sounds good to me! Ryder hasn’t wrestled in over seven months and Palumbo is one of the toughest guys I’ve got!

Tenay: Oh my! A Smackdown match is going to take place in a Raw ring, right after the break!

J.R. Ryder vs Chuck Palumbo (with Mike Sanders)

Match Background: Ryder is fighting for the right to remain on Raw for the remainder of the month. Palumbo is representing Mike Sanders.

The Match: Flying shoulder tackle by Palumbo sends Ryder CRASHING to the mat. Big piledriver on Ryder. Hooks the leg for a two count. J.R. Ryder comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Ryder hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Spin kick by J.R. Ryder to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. There's a two count on the pin. Tiger suplex on Palumbo. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, dammit. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Ryder hits a dropkick on Chuck Palumbo and gets right back up. Ryder charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Ryder walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. There's a two count on the pin. Powerbomb on Ryder. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Running knee lift from Chuck Palumbo. Palumbo hits a right hand. Palumbo walks into a drop toe hold. Palumbo takes a flying neckbreaker from J.R. Ryder. DDT from the top rope by J.R. Ryder. That looked KILLER. J.R. Ryder floors Chuck Palumbo...and climbs the turnbuckles. Rough Ryder!!! 1....2....3!! It's all over. J.R. Ryder climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

My Opinion: Smack dab in the middle of the star spectrum for an average match. **1\2.

Coach: Ah crap, now we have to put up with J.R. Ryder for another couple of weeks!

Tenay: Sanders is beside himself, and with good reason. But I think we should enjoy Ryder here on Raw while we still can, Smackdown is lucky to have him.

Winner at 6:59: J.R. Ryder

No Hard Feelings

Rico and Lodi, also known as the New Rainbow Express, are in their dressing rooms, making themselves “beautiful” in the mirror, when Ozzy Benton comes in.

Rico: Excuse me? What are YOU doing in here?

Ozzy: Believe me, it pains me beyond words to say this but… I need you guys.

Lodi: Come again?

Ozzy: My career… it’s been downhill since I, um, “broke up” with you.

Lodi: Oooooh, I see how it is. Can’t cut it being a singles performer after all, can you, sweetheart?

Ozzy: Don’t. Call. Me. Sweetheart!

Rico: Well, if you’re going to yell, then maybe we should just…

Ozzy: NO! C’mon, guys! Give me a second chance! Let me back into the group!

Rico: Aww, big fella! Of course you can come back into the group! There are just a few rules you’ll need to follow.

Ozzy: Ugh. Like what?

Rico: Lodi and I get to put make-up on you!

Ozzy: Are you out of your mind!!.... er, alright.

Rico and Lodi: Super!

Ozzy: Ugh.

Rico: Come on now, Lodi and I need to get ready for our big match tonight.

Erica Porter vs Victoria (with Stevie Richards) vs Molly Holly

Match Background: The winner of this match will face Women’s Champion, Trish Stratus, at Unforgiven.

The Match: STIFF~! chop lights up Erica who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Molly drives a HARD forearm into the chest of Victoria. Erica pushes out of a Molly Holly hold. Super kick by Erica Porter. Flying cross body off the top rope! Covers for a quick two count. Wicked suplex out of the corner from Molly Holly, is executed so well, it hurt MY back. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Erica pushes out of a Molly Holly hold. Erica crushes Molly with a huge legdrop. Powerbomb on Erica. Erica Porter is in trouble. Widow's Peak!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!!

My Opinion: I'll give this a ***1\4 rating. If I left it up to you, you'd probably think it was the greatest match ever! Keep trying...

Tenay: Aw, that’s too bad. Victoria preyed on the inexperience of Erica Porter again this week.

Coach: Whatever, how is that Victoria’s fault? Erica should just smarten up.

Tenay: All three women gave it their all tonight, we can’t ask for much more.

Coach: Oh, I’m sure we could…

Tenay: Stop it!

Winner at 7:43: Victoria

The Good Guys

Brian Kendrick is walking around through the backstage area, when he comes into his dressing room, he is surprised to see Shawn Michaels waiting for him, in his wheelchair!

Kendrick: Hey, good to see you.

HBK: It’s good to be back. I have to tell you, I was very impressed with how you handled Adam Hastey last week. That intensity you showed was remarkable!

Kendrick: Well, I guess I’m just sick of Evolution thinking they are better than anyone else. It seems like ever since I came to Raw, I’ve had to see Austin Lee and Adam Hastey act like everything should be handed to them. Sneak attacking me and Garrison was the final straw. I don’t know when Garrison will be able to come back, it sucks.

HBK: Don’t worry, you’ll have your chance at revenge in the cage match at Unforgiven. (Ryder enters the room).

Ryder: Exactly. Hastey and Lee have no idea what they have gotten themselves into. We are going to give them pure hell!

Non-title match: Tommy Dreamer vs Triple H

Match Background: Tommy Dreamer is the reigning WWF Intercontinental champion, and has been since 20 February 2006. Triple H was the referee for Dreamer’s match with Chris Benoit last week, and screwed him of the victory. Afterwards, Dreamer floored Triple H.

The Match: Big clothesline from HHH. HHH DDTs Tommy Dreamer. HHH DDTs Tommy Dreamer. Pin, but Dreamer is out just before the three count. Weak bodyslam on Dreamer by HHH sets up a legdrop. Hooks the leg for a two count. Dreamer counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. BIG clothesline on HHH. Tommy Dreamer hits a bulldog off the ropes. HHH reverses a waistlock. HHH hits a piledriver on Tommy Dreamer. I know I wouldn't let someone that bad give me a piledriver. Triple H has Tommy Dreamer down on the canvas. Here it comes...Pedigree! Tommy Dreamer got pinned! Triple H slides to the outside and grabs a chair, then climbs back into the ring. Dreamer turns around...and gets planted with a huge chair shot to the head! He is left down and out on the canvas.

My Opinion: This match gets two stars from me. Nothing more, nothing less. **

Tenay: This is disgusting! Triple H didn’t need to do that!

Coach: Yes he did! He just sent Randy Orton a major message! This message says “You may be able to beat my boys, but you will never beat me!”

Tenay: How does destroying Tommy Dreamer with a chair say that!

Coach: It just does!

Winner at 3:53: Triple H

The Gathering

In the backstage area, CM Punk, Julio, and Alexis are sitting around, just talking. Raven enters the room.

Punk: Way to go with Jarrett’s ankle last week!

Alexis: Yeah, we really hope he’s okay ::giggle::

Julio: Thanks to you, even Christian and Test took the week off to help him out.

Raven: Thanks for your continued support. I know we’ve been through a lot, but we’ve only become stronger. I have more news that will make you all very happy. I talked to Shawn Michaels earlier, and he signed a couple of matches for Unforgiven. I’m going to face Jeff Jarrett one on one… well, that is if he can walk.

Punk: That’s awesome! What is the other one?

Raven: You three will participate in a 3 on 2 handicap match! You will be facing Christian and Test!

Punk: I like the sound of that… but what I would really like is a one on one match with Christian myself.

Raven: I know, my friend. Be patient, though. Christian is a surprisingly tough competitor, who should not be underrated. I found that out myself the hard way. At Unforgiven, just pay special attention to his ways and tactics. Learn how to beat him. Then when you do get your singles match, you will be unstoppable.

Punk: Of course I will be. I am a 3-time World Heavyweight Champion.

Raven: Exactly. Perhaps destroying Christian will be exactly what you need to become the number one contender again?

Punk: I’d like to think so.

World Tag Team Championship: Helms and Moore © vs The New Rainbow Express (with Ozzy Benton) vs Mattitude 2.0

Match Background: This will be a triangle bout. Helms and Moore are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. The New Rainbow Express used to be a regular team, but have been inactive for a while. Whether this match will lead to a reformation as an active unit remains to be seen. This match is for the World Tag Team titles. Helms and Moore have been World Tag Team champions since 27 June 2006.

The Match: Helms hits a right hand. Flying shoulder tackle by Helms sends Rico CRASHING to the mat. Tag between Shane Helms and Matt Hardy Version 1.0. Vertical suplex by Matt Hardy Version 1.0. Covers for a quick two count. Rico powers out of a Matt Hardy Version 1.0 headlock. Tag between Rico and Lodi. The New Rainbow Express whip Hardy into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. Tag to Matt Stryker. Stryker just WAFFLES Lodi with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Stryker crushes Lodi with a sweet running senton. Tag to Shannon Moore. Flying elbow from Matt Stryker connects. Shannon Moore is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Matt Stryker is in trouble. Twist Of Fate!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!!

My Opinion: Slightly above average match. Only gets a **3\4 rating from me.

Tenay: The champs retain!

Coach: I’m surprised that Ozzy Benton was such a non-factor in the match!

Tenay: He probably didn’t want to risk interfering on the night that Shawn Michaels returns to the program.

Coach: Yeah, but I must say, Benton looks surprisingly good in that make-up.

Tenay: Speak for yourself.

Winners at 6:01 and STILL World Tag Team Champions: Shane Helms and Shannon Moore

Lance Storm vs Steve Corino

Match Background: The winner of this match will face Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight title at Unforgiven.

Before the match can begin, the World Champion, Chris Benoit, makes his way to the commentator’s booth.

Coach: Hey, man, good to see you!

Benoit: Good to see you too, Coach.

Tenay: What brings you out here?

Benoit: Only what any rational champion would do, scouting his next opponent.

The Match: Running knee lift from Steve Corino. Spear by Steve Corino. Hooks the leg for a two count. Corino drops an elbow...but Lance Storm moves out of the way. Spinning back kick from Lance Storm. Hard back suplex on Corino. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Hooks the leg for a two count. Emerald Fusion by Lance Storm on Corino! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Corino tastes a high angle back suplex. If Spike Lee can sue TNN over the Spike TV nonsense, then Kurt Angle should be able to sue SOMEONE for that. Corino kicks Lance Storm in the gut to reverse the momentum. Steve Corino hits a bulldog off the ropes. Hooks the leg for a two count. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Steve Corino connects and Lance Storm is down! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Lance Storm by Corino. Remember when that was a legit finish? Corino slams Lance Storm. Lance Storm elbows Steve Corino in the face to break a hammerlock. Flying elbow from Lance Storm connects. Emerald Fusion by Lance Storm on Corino! Lance Storm moves in for the kill. Super Kick! 1....2....3.

My Opinion: I'll give it a **1\2 rating, but that's because I didn't mark out once...but nothing was too bad.

Tenay: Lance Storm wins! He’s going to Unforgiven!

Coach: Booo!

Benoit: Lance Storm, eh? Well, this is going to be interesting, excuse me for a second…

Tenay: Hey, where are you going?

Benoit slides into the ring and knocks Storm to the ground. He locks in the Crippler Crossface and Storm screams in agony (but not tapping out). A bunch of referees come spilling into the ring and try to pull Benoit off of Storm, but he’s locked in too tightly. Finally, Benoit lets go. He looks at Storm, who has passed out from the pain. He blows his nose on him.

Tenay: That was sickening! “Scouting the opposition” my ass!

Coach: Storm should’ve known that becoming the number one contender would bring on this sort of trouble!

Tenay: What a classless champion we have, I can’t wait to see what Storm does in response next week!

Winner at 9:21: Lance Storm

WWF Smackdown

Sept. 14th 2006

The music plays and Michael Cole and Tazz are thrilled to be here with us for a special live edition of Smackdown! They are heavily hyping that tonight’s Smackdown is a bigger than usual episode, partly to compete with Raw because they have a pay-per-view in September and Smackdown does not. They remind us that Rhyno gets to choose who he will defend his WWF Championship tonight.

The New U.S. Champion

Chad Collyer makes his way to the ring, proudly holding the United States championship over his left shoulder. He makes his way to the ring and gets a microphone.

Collyer: Last week was one of the biggest nights of my career. I went toe to toe with a world-class athlete in Low-Ki for twenty minutes and emerged victorious! That was just the beginning though, for this week I feel certain that I will become the new WWF Champion! Last week I warned Rhyno that I was going to make him choose me as his opponent tonight, and I’m going to go over why. I read over my contract with my lawyer last week, and he found a spot that specifies that should I win the WWF Championship, I would be able to name a stipulation for a rematch! I have yet to get my rematch, and I want the match tonight!

Rhyno’s music plays, and out comes the champion. He has Bill DeMott and Rodney Mack with him. The two henchmen wait on the ramp as Rhyno heads into the ring and gets a mic.

Rhyno: You said I would be FORCED to pick you as my opponent tonight! I FAIL TO WHERE I “HAVE” PICK YOU! I could just as easily WAIT until NEXT MONTH for the NO MERCY pay-per-view!

Collyer: You could do that, but if you choose to, then I will name any stipulation I want for that match. If you pick me tonight, I will name no stipulation.

Rhyno: This smells like a trick. I KNOW who I’m choosing tonight and it’s not YOU! Not only is it not you, but my GOOD FRIEND, Mike Sanders, told me that YOU have a title defense of YOUR OWN tonight! You get to defend that little UNITED STATES BELT against RODNEY MACK and LOW-KI!

Collyer: Ah… you put me in a match to further keep me away from your title. Okay, Rhyno. Be a coward, it doesn’t matter. Just know that now it’s official. At No Mercy in October, it’s going to be Rhyno defending his WWF Championship against me, Chad Collyer.

Rhyno: I beat you for this belt once. I CAN DO IT AGAIN! Even if you do choose some WORTHLESS STIPULATION!

Collyer: Oh, I will name a stip. And it will be a good one too. Even if you are challenging a fan or an announcer for your belt tonight, it doesn’t matter. By the time No Mercy is over, I will once again be the WWF Champion.

Simon Diamond vs Jimmy Rave

Match Background: Jimmy Rave and Nova defeat Simon Diamond and Ken Shamrock in a big upset last week.

The Match: Rave gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Diamond! Rave takes a back suplex. Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Diamond. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Diamond. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. Jimmy Rave fights out of a grapple. Spin kick by Jimmy Rave to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Rave crushes Diamond with a running senton. Hooks the leg for a two count. Diamond blocks a punch. Gutwrench into a powerbomb, aka the Doctor Bomb and Rave hits hard. Covers for a quick two count. Rave gets hit with SPLASH MOUNTAIN~! out of the corner! Pin, but Rave is out just before the three count. Diamond goes for a splash but Rave puts the knees up. Jimmy Rave connects with a back heel kick on Diamond and gets back up quickly. Simon Diamond avoids a Jimmy Rave avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Running knee lift from Simon Diamond. Ken Shamrock comes running down the aisle and into the ring! Jimmy Rave turns around. Ken Shamrock spins Rave around. Ken Shamrock hits the Belly To Belly! Shamrock leaves the ring, the damage done! The ref gets into position, administers the three count, and it's over. Simon Diamond pins Rave. Shamrock and Diamond are beating down on Jimmy Rave! The music of Nova hits, and he comes running down the aisle into the ring. Diamond and Shamrock don't hesitate though, and attack him as soon as he enters the ring! Nova gets beaten down as well, and soon joins Jimmy Rave down and out on the canvas. Shamrock and Diamond have destroyed them both!

My Opinion: Good bout. In my estimation, it's about ***3/4, which is also better than any match that was on Raw this week.

Cole: Now I think I see what makes Shamrock and Diamond so dangerous! All those years in Evolution taught them the art of cheating and sneak-attacks.

Tazz: They must be thrilled to be on Smackdown, Cole. Outside interference is still tolerated here, they would’ve been punished for this on Raw.

Winner at 7:09: Simon Diamond

The SARS Locker-Room

All the members of SARS (Rhyno, Chuck Palumbo, Reno, Bill DeMott, and Rodney Mack) are sitting on nice couches and talking discreetly, when Mike Sanders comes in.

Sanders: Tonight is going to be a great night for you all! Reno, get going, you have a match up next (Reno leaves). Tonight Rhyno will successfully defend his WWF Champion and Rodney Mack will become the new United States champion. It gets better too, I have signed a deal for Bill and Chuck. To show our gratitude for ensuring Rhyno’s success, you two will face the Basham Brothers for the WWF Tag Team Championship next week!

Bill: I knew we’d get some sort of repayment eventually.

Sanders: Yeah, I thought I’d even overlook Chuck’s failure to take out J.R. Ryder on Raw this week.

Rhyno: Jeez… what are you going to do about J.R. Ryder anyway? I saw him slap the taste out of your mouth?

Sanders: Doesn’t really matter, he’s fired from Smackdown.

Rodney: But he hit you.

Sanders: Yeah… he did, didn’t he… hm… you know something? I don’t think he should remain fired. I think I’ll let him come back here… but then we are going to make his life a living hell!

Rhyno: That sounds more like the Mike Sanders I know and admire.

The group laughs in a sinister tone.

Johnny Stamboli vs Reno

Match Background: Reno is a member of SARS.

Before the match officially begins, Erik Watts comes out. He remains on the ramp and is taking notes.

The Match: Ring-shaking body slam on Reno. Johnny Stamboli moves in for the kill. Mamaluke DDT!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!!

My Opinion: I can be generous sometimes. Well, depends on your definition of generous. **1/4.

Cole: What was Erik Watts doing out here? Could he be looking to manage Johnny Stamboli?

Tazz: Could be, and I wouldn’t blame him! Stamboli just demolished Reno!

Winner at 1:04: Johnny Stamboli

The Fun Never Ends

Josh Matthews is standing in the back with Orlando Jordan.

Josh: So tonight is your big night, Orlando. Tonight you get Nunzio?

Jordan: If he knows what’s good for him, that punk will…

Before he can finish his sentence, Nunzio and Tracy Smothers have blindsided him. The Nunzio irish whips him into the wall, and then Smothers charges him through a door. They are not out be the garage and there is a metal door. Smothers sets Jordan up on the ground under the metal garage door and Nunzio flips the switch. The door hits Jordan’s stomach with a sickening thud.

Nunzio: Consider this to be my answer to your challenge! I will never face you, EVER!

The two former FBI members then take off.

Commercial.

We come back and the Tony Chimnel announces that “the following contest is for the World Wrestling Federation Championship!” Rhyno makes his entrance, ready for his one and only title defense in September. He grabs a mic.

Rhyno: I thought long and hard about what Paul London told me last week. Do I really want to be the champion who defended against announcers and fans? I realized, I am better than that. So I thought about who on the main roster deserved the shot. I looked at win/loss records and time spent with the company. While doing this, I found my man. He has picked up many victories… on VELOCITY! He has worked for Smackdown for close to THREE YEARS, but has never won an actual match on SMACKDOWN! So I said, I’ll give this poor kid a shot! Everyone laughs at him, ESPECIALLY ME! So.. can Smackdown’s resident jobber, ALEX ARION, get out HERE RIGHT NOW!

WWF Championship: Rhyno © vs Alex Arion

Match Background: This match is for the WWF World title. Rhyno has been WWF World champion since 16 July 2006.

The Match: Arion takes a headbutt from Rhyno. Running knee lift from Rhyno. Hooks the leg for a two count. Alex Arion avoids a Rhyno avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Arion hits a dropkick on Rhyno and gets right back up. Dropkick connects to the BUTT of the jaw and Rhyno goes down. Second rope flying axe handle, Rhyno goes down. One day, Arion might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Rhyno powers out of a headlock. Rhyno hits a bulldog off the ropes. Alex Arion is in trouble. Here it comes - Gore. 1....2...3, it's finished.

My Opinion: I really shouldn't drink when I'm reviewing matches. Especially with Scotsman, I can't drink nearly as much, so I try too hard. It was either ** or ****, but I guess I'll have to compromise and say ***.

Cole: Leave it to Rhyno to pick the biggest underdog on Smackdown as his hand-picked opponent!

Tazz: I must say though, Cole, Arion was impressive in this match! He managed to hold his own against the WWF Champion!

Cole: He came up short in the end, but I think this “resident jobber” just gave Rhyno the scare of his life!

Arion makes it to his feet. Rhyno is still posing with his title. Rhyno turns to him and offers him a handshake.

Cole: What’s this?

Arion accepts the handshake, and Rhyno holds Arion’s arm up!

Cole: Wow, what amazing sportsmanship from Rhyno! I must say, I am shocked!

Rhyno then lowers Arion’s arm, and out of no where lands another vicious gore on him!

Cole: DAMMIT NO! Rhyno hasn’t changed one bit!

Tazz: Hahaha, that’s what Arion gets for trusting Rhyno! What a fool!

Rhyno exits the arena, with Arion on the mat grasping his own ribs.

Winner at 5:45 and STILL WWF Champion: Rhyno

Where’s the Dragon?

We come back from a commercial, and we see Jamie Noble, Kid Kash, and Scoot Andrews entering a dressing room. Trent Acid is by himself working out.

Noble: Hey boy, we was all wondering… no one has seen or heard from Ultimo Dragon in two weeks or something.

Kash: Yeah, in fact he was last seen entering his hotel after that match where he pinned you.

Noble: Hell yeah, and then you took his spot in that match last week…

Acid: So, you want to know if I had something to do with his disappearance?

Kash: Well, yeah!

Acid: Hehe. Well, you would all be correct. I made a special deal to have him removed so I could get my turn.

Andrews: How’d you manage that.

Acid: Look behind you.

Scoot Andrews turns around and sees Sean O’Haire standing there.

Acid: Sean, why don’t you make an example of this pain.

O’Haire bear-hugs Scoot Andrews and rams him into a locker. With Andrews in a daze, he picks him up and carries him out the door.

Noble: WHAT THE HELL!

Acid: Relax, he’ll be fine. He’s just taking him to visit the Dragon.

Kash: I don’t know what you two are up to, but it looks pretty screwed up to me!

Acid: Why don’t you two get lost now before I have O’Haire take you two out. I understand Jamie has a match, I’d hate to see him miss it.

Noble: Don’t gotta tell me twice, I’m gone ( zooms of the room, Kash soon follows).

After they are gone, Acid resumes his work-out, just humming along. O’Haire reenters.

O’Haire: He’s taken care of.

Acid: Good, good. You’ve taken some big steps, my friend.

O’Haire: So, when do I get the power.

Acid: Hush… I’ve been trying to make contact with the master but I keep getting interrupted.

O’Haire: My apologies. I shall go now.

Cole: What the hell?

Tazz: Powers? Master? What in the world is going on in that locker-room!

Cole: And what the hell has happened to Scoot Andrews and Ultimo Dragon!

Frankie Kazarian and Paul London vs AJ Styles and Jamie Noble

Match Background: Frankie Kazarian is the reigning WWF Cruiserweight champion, and has been since 16 July 2006. Styles bloodied up London two weeks ago and London responded with force. Jamie Noble is the number one contender for Kazarian’s cruiserweight championship.

The Match: Jamie Noble hits a rolling kick on Kazarian. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Kazarian walks into a jaw breaker. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Jamie Noble and AJ Styles. Styles \ Noble whip Kazarian into the corner. AJ Styles whips Jamie Noble in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. Second rope flying axe handle, Kazarian goes down. One day, Styles might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. There's a two count on the pin. AJ Styles strikes Kazarian. Frankie Kazarian fights out of a grapple. Vicious kick to the teeth from Frankie Kazarian. Tag to Paul London. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Flying cross body off the top rope! AJ Styles once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Tag between AJ Styles and Jamie Noble. Massive back suplex! Paul London got snapped in half, but not literally because that would just end the match now wouldn't it. Tor-NADO DDT from Jamie Noble, London got planted! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Big forearm by Jamie Noble makes me want to go to the mirror and check MY teeth. Paul London powers out of a Jamie Noble headlock. London crushes Noble with a huge legdrop. Jamie Noble gets knocked to the ground by London, who is already climbing the turnbuckle. Through the air, London Calling! 1....2....3.

My Opinion: Consider yourself lucky, a ****1\4 is hard to get and it was earned every step of the way. Let's see if you can do better now.

Cole: What an awesome match!

Tazz: This was what cruiserweight wrestling is all about! High-flying moves and earth-shattering rivalries!

Cole: And it’s all exclusive to Smackdown!

Winners at 15:23: Paul London and Frankie Kazarian

Shelton Benjamin vs Funaki

Match Background: Both men are a part of tag teams that have been keeping low profiles lately.

The Match: Funaki connects with a back heel kick on Shelton and gets back up quickly. Shelton walks into a high dropkick from Funaki, almost losing several teeth in the process. Funaki hits a rolling kick on Shelton. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Hard back suplex on Shelton. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Shelton reverses a waistlock. Funaki tastes a high angle back suplex. If Spike Lee can sue TNN over the Spike TV nonsense, then Kurt Angle should be able to sue SOMEONE for that. Doctor Bomb and Funaki is hurt. There's a two count on the pin. Funaki ducks a wild right hand. SUPER frankensteiner on Shelton, who hit hard. Covers for a quick two count. Back heel kick off the second rope, Shelton goes down. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Funaki misses a clothesline. Shelton drives a HARD forearm into the chest of Funaki. Funaki once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Shelton takes a flying neckbreaker from Funaki. Shelton Benjamin gets whipped into the corner by Funaki, who then rolls up Benjamin and GRABS THE TIGHTS! 1-2-3, Funaki wins!

My Opinion: Great match, it deserves every snowflake its getting. ****1\4

Tazz: What an unbelievable night! First Rhyno almost gets upset by Alex Arion, then we learn that Trent Acid and Sean O’Haire are possibly summoning evil spirits, then we get an outstanding cruiserweight classic, and now Benjamin and Funaki have put on a pure wrestling clinic!

Cole: The night isn’t even over yet, we have the United States Championship match up next!

Winner at 11:17: Funaki

United States Championship: Chad Collyer © vs Rodney Mack vs Low-Ki

Match Background: This will be a triangle bout. Collyer has been feuding with Rhyno recently, who is a stable mate of Mack in SARS. This match is for the WWF United States title. Chad Collyer has been WWF United States champion since 07 September 2006.

The Match: STIFF~! chop lights up Collyer who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Big forearm by Low Ki makes me want to go to the mirror and check MY teeth. Chad Collyer avoids a Low Ki avalanche by getting out of the damn way! VICIOUS lightning kick by Collyer on Low Ki. Collyer crushes Mack with a running senton. There's a two count on the pin. Delayed BRAINBUSTAH~! Low Ki really drove that one down big time. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Low Ki goes for a splash but Collyer puts the knees up. Collyer crushes Low Ki with a running senton. High Angle DDT by Rodney Mack just SPIKES Chad Collyer down! Rhyno comes running down the aisle and into the ring! Chad Collyer turns around. Rhyno spins Collyer around. Rhyno hits the Gore! Rhyno leaves the ring, the damage done! Cover gets three for Rodney Mack, Collyer got pinned.

My Opinion: This was such a good match, it caused star ratings to magically appear... ****1\4

Cole: Rhyno just helped his friend win back the United States title! Collyer got screwed!

Tazz: Collyer looks pissed off!

Low-Ki sort of fades into the background, but Collyer charges at an unexpected Rhyno. They fall over the guard-rail and start brawling through the audience. Rodney Mack tries to follow them, but gets cut off by security. The two of them brawl off into the backstage area, where Bill DeMott and Chuck Palumbo jump Collyer and put him down for good.

Winner at 17:42 and NEW United States Champion: Rodney Mack

Weekend Show Spoilers!

Velocity Results

WWF Tag Team Championship: The Basham Brothers © def The Briscoe Boyz

Ken Shamrock def Nova

Kid Kash and JC Ice def Sonjay Dutt and Psychosis

Heat Results

Test def Julio Dinero

Hardcore Championship: Frank Shamrock © def Johnny C.

Gail Kim def Ivory

Bubba Ray Dudley and Billy Kidman def Chris Hero and Steve Bradley

WWF Raw

Sept. 18th 2006

As always, the music and pyro goes off and another exciting episode of Monday Night Raw can begin! Mike Tenay and Jonathan Coachman welcome us to the show and waste no time getting us to the first match. They also mention that tonight’s big main event will be the World Tag Team Champions Shane Helms and Shannon Moore defending against Adam Hastey and Austin Lee.

Victoria (with Stevie Richards) vs Alexis Laree

Match Background: Victoria is getting a shot at the Women’s title this Sunday at Unforgiven. Alexis will be participating in a 3 on 2 handicap match against Christian and Test.

The Match: Victoria slams Alexis Laree. Alexis Laree fights out of a grapple. Laree just WAFFLES Victoria with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Laree whips Victoria into the turnbuckles...and the ref is crushed! Power drive elbow by Alexis Laree. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Hooks the leg, but the referee is still out! Victoria kicks Alexis Laree in the gut to reverse the momentum. Victoria snap suplexes Laree HARD to the canvas! And again! A pair of clotheslines follow and...yep, Victoria is a HOUSE...EN...FUEGO~! Victoria hits a bulldog off the ropes. Covers for a quick two count. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Victoria just KILLS Alexis Laree! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Alexis Laree powers out of a Victoria headlock. Flying reverse elbow by Alexis Laree. Pin, but Victoria is out just before the three count. Victoria pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Victoria hits the Widow’s Peak and Alexis Laree is in trouble. 1....2....3. Victoria and Stevie leave while Alexis Laree stands up. Test comes running down the aisle and onto the apron. Test spins Laree around. Test hits the Running Big Boot! CM Punk and Julio Dinero come racing down the ramp, so Test quickley leaves, having caused enough damage.

My Opinion: Solid bout, but they could do a lot better. ***

Tenay: Test attacked a defenseless woman!

Coach: Don’t let her hear you calling her that!

Tenay: You know what I meant! Test has to face the Gathering this Sunday at Unforgiven, so he targeted the only woman in the group at her most vulnerable moment! What kind of human being is Test!

Coach: Ah, c’mon! That’s just Test, he hates women!

Winner at 6:57: Victoria

The Words of a Fool?

In the back we see Christian and a limping Jeff Jarrett.

Christian: Are you sure you want to go through with this? Your foot is all messed up!

Jarrett: Shut up and don’t make any damn excuses for me! After what Raven did to me, there are many terrible things I want to do to him in return! If I go out there and face Frank Shamrock for the Hardcore championship, I could win it! Then my match with Raven on Sunday can be a hardcore title defense!

Christian: Great idea and all, but you’re injured!

Jarrett: I told you already to shut up! Besides… I have a plan!

Tenay: Jarrett vs Shamrock for the Hardcore championship is next!

Hardcore Championship: Frank Shamrock © vs Jeff Jarrett

Match Background: This will be a hardcore bout. This match is for the WWF Hardcore title. Frank Shamrock has been WWF Hardcore champion since 27 June 2006.

The Match: Shamrock unloads some massive brawling on Jarrett. Jarrett limps out of the ring and has Christian run in. Christian has a chair ready in hand and nails Shamrock over the head with it. Shamrock goes down and Christian just proceeds to beat the living hell out of the Hardcore champion! The commentators are outraged, but they don’t think Christian is breaking the “no interference” rule since the match is hardcore! The damage being done, Jarrett just slides into the ring and delivers a nasty Stroke. He covers Shamrock for the 1-2.3!

My Opinion: I'll give it a ¾* rating. Work harder man.

Tenay: Jeff Jarrett has won the Hardcore Championship!

Coach: All right! Now his match with Raven can be a Hardcore match since he’ll want to be a defending champion!

Tenay: It’s a clever scheme by Christian and Jarrett, but look! CM Punk and Raven are here!

It’s true, Punk and Raven have run in behind the duo and they are now brawling. Test comes running down the aisle, but Julio pops in out of no where and they start brawling. Christian nails a neck-breaker on CM Punk while Raven hits and Inverted DDT on Jarrett. Then Christian and Raven make eye contact and they start brawling. Meanwhile, Test has laid out Julio and he makes his way back into the ring. One big boot later and Christian and Test are the lone survivors of an onslaught. They lift Jarrett up with his new Hardcore title and leave.

Tenay: This has become quite the war between the Gathering and the Beautiful People. This goes way beyond personal grudges now, I believe this is an all out gang war!

Winner and NEW Hardcore Champion at 2:30: Jeff Jarrett

The New Guys

Matt Stryker is preparing for a match when Matt Hardy comes in.

Hardy: So… you’re facing Tommy Dreamer tonight?

Stryker: Yep.

Hardy: Non-title match?

Stryker: Yep.

Hardy: Ah… I wish we were still on Smackdown.

Stryker: Huh? Why do you say that?

Hardy: I guess I just… felt more important on Smackdown.

Stryker: What? Because you held every title on Smackdown and now on Raw you are a part of the tag-team division?

Hardy: Yeah.

Stryker: Listen to yourself! You had done it all on Smackdown! What else was there for you to do? Now you have an entire fresh start! Do something! Piss people off! Do what you did on Smackdown, make people notice you! Not only that, but I could see us winning the tag titles here in short order.

Hardy: That’s right! After all, my fellow Matt, you and I are the proud leaders of Mattitude! We can do anything!

Stryker: Now you’re making sense. Tonight I’m going to take out Tommy Dreamer. Once that happens, think of all the opportunities coming our way!

Hardy: Yeah! The world will have no choice but to notice Mattitude Version 2.0!

Impact Players vs Chris Benoit and Triple H

Match Background: Impact Players are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. Chris Benoit is the reigning World Heavyweight champion, and has been since 27 June 2006. Benoit is going to put his World Championship on the line against Storm this Sunday at Unforgiven. Justin Credible hasn’t been doing much lately, since he was left out of the tournament for the title.

The Match: Storm gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Benoit! Fallaway slam by Chris Benoit puts down Lance Storm. There's a two count on the pin. Benoit tags out to Triple H. Benoit \ HHH whip Storm into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. There's a two count on the pin. HHH slams Lance Storm down. Storm is sure in trouble now. Lance Storm pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Gutwrench into a stomach breaker. HHH may be winded. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Lance Storm and Justin Credible. Justin Credible DDTs HHH, but it just looked terrible. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Justin Credible strikes Triple H with a hard blow. HHH pushes out of a Justin Credible hold. Credible takes a vertical suplex, but pops right back up. Tag between Triple H and Chris Benoit. Benoit drives a HARD forearm into the chest of Credible. Tag to Lance Storm. Storm tastes a high angle back suplex. If Spike Lee can sue TNN over the Spike TV nonsense, then Kurt Angle should be able to sue SOMEONE for that. In control, Storm reaches out for the tag...and Justin Credible levels his partner with a right hand to the jaw, then drops down off the apron and walks away. Lance Storm gets knocked to the ground by Benoit. German Suplex!!!! Lance Storm gets pinned! Benoit and HHH hold Lance Storm up, allowing Credible to trash talk right into his face! Storm tries to attack...but gets brutally beaten down to the canvas in a three-on-one attack. Benoit and HHH leave the ring as Justin Credible stands above the fallen Lance Storm.

My Opinion: *** rating for an above average match.

Hastey and Lee are backstage. They were on hype duty tonight, this time for a match with Helms and Moore.

Tenay: What was that! Justin Credible just turned his back on his long-time friend and tag partner!

Coach: It makes sense, Storm has been getting a lot of opportunities that Credible hadn’t! I didn’t see his name in that Number One Contender tournament!

Tenay: That’s no reason to aide your best friend’s enemies in a humiliating post-match attack! I can only imagine the fury that Lance Storm is going to unleash on Benoit this Sunday and the fury he will undoubtedly unleash on Justin Credible when he gets the chance!

Winners at 10:52: Chris Benoit and Triple H

Non-title match: Trish Stratus vs Molly Holly

Match Background: Trish Stratus is the reigning WWF Womens champion, and has been since 27 June 2006. Trish is defending his title against Victoria this Sunday at Unforgiven.

The Match: Trish Stratus connects with rights and lefts and Molly Holly is down! Molly blocks a punch. Molly Holly kicks the leg, knocks Trish down, and goes to work on it. Trish reverses an irish whip...and Molly Holly runs into the referee! Diamond Dust from Molly Holly and Trish is out! Cover, but there's no one to count for Molly Holly! Molly walks into a drop toe hold. Flying shoulder tackle by Trish sends Molly CRASHING to the mat. Trish hits a piledriver on Molly Holly. That used to end matches, you know. Hooks the leg for a two count. Trish Stratus plants Molly with an EXPLODAH~! suplex. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Molly counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Vicious back suplex! Trish Stratus got nailed big time! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Trish reverses a Molly Holly hammerlock. Trish Stratus drives Molly Holly into the corner. Stratusfaction! 1....2....3.

My Opinion: ***. Very good women’s bout!

Tenay: Trish was impressive in this non-title match!

Coach: Molly gave her a lot too, she earned that victory. Either way, I can safely say her championship days are coming to an end once and for all this Sunday.

Tenay: How can you be so sure?

Coach: Didn’t you see Victoria earlier? I don’t think I’ve ever seen her so focused!

Winner at 6:11: Trish Stratus

A Worn Out Contender

Lance Storm is leaving the building for the night. He is all bruised up and fatigued. As he’s leaving, he bumps into Steve Corino.

Corino: Well, look at you. Even though you beat me last week, you’re the real loser!

Storm: Leave me alone.

Corino: Why? So you can cry! Haha, you make me sick.

Storm then drops his bags and nails Corino in the face with a stiff super-kick. He just picks up his stuff and leaves, being a man of very few words.

Non-title match: Tommy Dreamer vs Matt Stryker

Match Background: Tommy Dreamer is the reigning WWF Intercontinental champion, and has been since 20 February 2006.

The Match: Dropkick connects to the BUTT of the jaw and Dreamer goes down. Dreamer reverses a waistlock. Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Tommy Dreamer ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. Tommy Dreamer misses a clothesline...and takes out the referee accidentally! Powerbomb on Stryker. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Dreamer goes for a splash but Stryker puts the knees up. Matt Stryker hits a rolling kick on Dreamer. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Stryker crushes Dreamer with a running senton. Hooks the leg for a two count. Vicious chokeslam byMatt Stryker! I'd compare it to Akira Taue, but then that would start another argument on the TSM Forums. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Stryker walks into a drop toe hold. Massive backbreaker on Stryker and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Tommy Dreamer gets taken down out of nowhere! Matt Stryker misses a clothesline...and takes out the referee accidentally! Matt Stryker slides out and grabs a chair, then gets back in the ring. Chair shot missed! Tommy Dreamer ducked it, and now grabs the chair. Stryker takes the shot instead! Wait - the referee is back up, and is calling for the bell. He's disqualifying Tommy Dreamer for using a chair! Stryker ends up with a cheap victory. Matt Hardy Version 1.0 comes running down the aisle, and gets into the ring! Matt Hardy Version 1.0 spins Dreamer around. Matt Hardy Version 1.0 hits the Twist Of Fate! Tommy Dreamer has been left down on the canvas.

My Opinion: Ohh, looky. A **3/4 match!

Tenay: The referee completely missed Stryker trying to use the chair!

Coach: Dreamer wasn’t smart enough to turn off his hardcore instincts for this match! He picked up a loss!

Winner by DQ at 7:01: Matt Stryker

World Tag Team Championship: Helms and Moore © vs Hastey and Lee

Match Background: Helms and Moore are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. This match is for the World Tag Team titles. Helms and Moore have been World Tag Team champions since 27 June 2006. Hastey and Lee are facing Brian Kendrick and J.R. Ryder at Unforgiven in a steel cage.

The Match: Adam Hastey connects with a back heel kick on Helms and gets back up quickly. Implant DDT by Adam Hastey! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Hooks the leg for a two count. Hastey tags out to Austin Lee. Hastey and Lee hook up Helms, then hit a double suplex. There's a two count on the pin. Lee hits a dropkick on Shane Helms and gets right back up. Lee drops an elbow...but Shane Helms moves out of the way. Super kick by Shane Helms. Covers for a quick two count. Tag to Shannon Moore. Shannon crushes Lee with a huge legdrop. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Implant DDT by Shannon Moore! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Lee kicks Shannon Moore in the gut to reverse the momentum. Implant DDT by Austin Lee! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Tag between Austin Lee and Adam Hastey. Hastey hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Tag between Shannon Moore and Shane Helms. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Shane Helms grabs Adam Hastey from behind and shoves him into the ropes, then scores with a roll-up...but Hastey rolls through with the move! He used a pull of the tights to get Helms over! 1....2...3! The referee was out of position and didn't see it! Hastey and Lee climb opposite turnbuckles, working the crowd as they celebrate their victory.

After the match, the former champs are still down. Austin Lee slides out and grabs a bag… taking out TWO BASEBALL BATS! He tosses one to Adam Hastey, and they proceed to give Shane Helms and Shannon Moore the same treatment they’ve already given to Shawn Michaels, Al Snow, Brian Kendrick, and Garrison Cade. J.R. Ryder and Brian Kendrick run out to make the save, but they fall victim to the bats as well. Adam Hastey busts Ryder open while Austin Lee chokes out Brian Kendrick! The damage done, they admire their work, grab their new belts, and leave.

Tenay: Those two degenerates have done it again!

Coach: And it gets better every time! Ryder and Kendrick now have a major disadvantage going into the cage match on Sunday!

Winners at 13:38 and NEW World Tag Team Champions: Austin Lee and Adam Hastey

The Hard Sell

Randy Orton makes his way to the ring. Mike Tenay is very solemn, acknowledging that this could be the last time that we see Randy Orton on Raw… ever! Orton gets a microphone.

Orton: You know… I’ve done a lot in the four years I’ve worked for the WWF. Some things I’m proud of… and other things I’m not so proud of. If I could go back in time, I would never have been a founding member of Evolution. For three years, Evolution has had a stranglehold on Raw, and I feel shame for knowing that I helped start this. However, this Sunday at Unforgiven, I have been given the chance to make amends. I will end what I helped start. I will drive the founding and most influential member of Evolution, Triple H, from the WWF forever. This Sunday, a new era of Raw will begin, and I can’t wait to appear for you all on this program next week, and for many years to come.

This prompts Triple H to come out.

Triple H: It’s funny, Randy. I’ve been with this company for over ten years now. I’ve done it all. I’ve headlined WrestleMania, won eight world titles, and I retired the legendary Mick Foley! I have much to be proud of myself. However, the one thing I truly regret was in 2003, when I gave this struggling young punk a chance. I let him walk amongst myself and the legendary Ric Flair. I made him look like a damn star! That’s right, Randy. You were absolutely nothing before Evolution. And what have you done since Evolution? You blew your shots at World titles and you were the first one eliminated in the 4-way main event at WrestleMania XXI. Now you’ve returned to Raw after less than a year on Smackdown to torment me further! You see Randy, I can remember what it was like to have a WWF without you. It was a much better place. I miss that kind of WWF. This Sunday those days will come back and you will be a distant memory. You are going to retire before even turning 30.

Orton: You can give it your all, Hunter. But there is no way in hell that you can pin me this Sunday.

Triple H: Don’t think you will be able to pin me either, punk. This business is my life! I live, breathe, sweat, bleed, and sacrifice my all for this business. To take me out of this business would be the most single devastating thing that could ever happen to me. I’m telling you this so you know, that I am not going to hold back on you for even a second. I have too much to lose. I need to go on. I need to remind the world why I am the absolute best this business has ever seen and I need to recapture the World Heavyweight title, even for just a few minutes. On Sunday you are going to try and take all my dreams away. That cannot happen. I will beat you at Unforgiven, even if it kills me.

Orton: And you will have to kill me.

The two men glare at each other as the cameras stop rolling for the night. Tenay and Coach thank us for joining in and remind us again (as if we needed it) to order WWF Unforgiven, Live and only on Pay-Per-View!

Guest Real F'n Show

Awesome, awesome stuff man. I'm glad you updated, great shows.

Smackdown Superstars Participating in Memorial Performance

There will be no Smackdown on Spike TV this week. The Smackdown Superstars are having a charity house show, and highlights will air in it's place this week. Executives within the WWF came up with this idea as a way to gain some good press, especially with business slumping. The money for the show will be donated to charities in remembrance of Sept. 11.

The card for the house show will be:

WWF Champion Rhyno vs Chad Collyer (non-title match).

Johnny Stamboli vs Sean O'Haire

AJ Styles and Nunzio vs Paul London and Orlando Jordan

Frankie Kazarian vs Kid Kash

Alex Arion vs Jamie Noble

The Basham Brothers vs Bill DeMott and Chuck Palumbo

Low-Ki vs Trent Acid vs Sonjay Dutt

Smackdown will return to it's normal format next week.

Credit: 411mania.com

WWF Unforgiven

Sept. 24th 2006

Before the pay-per-view, we have Sunday Night Heat! The Coach hosts the Heat festivities, which includes…

-Extensive recap of the history between Triple H and Randy Orton

-Full recap of the mini-tournament, which Lance Storm won.

-Confrontation between Tommy Dreamer and Matt Hardy leads to a match being added to the PPV.

-Music Video set to Full Devil Jacket, theme song for Unforgiven.

Ivory vs Gail Kim

Match Background: None.

The Match: BAAACK Body drop by Ivory gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Kim hits a piledriver on Ivory. That used to end matches, you know. Covers for a quick two count. Ivory elbows Gail Kim in the face to break a hammerlock. Kim hits a punch, but takes one right back. Again! A slugfest erupts in the ring! Kim takes a vertical suplex, but pops right back up. Covers for a quick two count. Flapjack from Ivory on Kim. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Kim just EATS a swinging neckbreaker slam from Ivory. Kim blocks a punch. Kim hits a piledriver on Ivory. That used to end matches, you know. There's a two count on the pin. Powerbomb on Ivory. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Bodyslam by Kim. Kim hits a right hand. Ivory reverses a hip toss. Running clothesline from Ivory was actually MIGHTY sloppy. Sloppy discus punch from Ivory barely connects on Kim. Gail Kim is in trouble. Here it comes - Poison Ivory. 1....2...3, it's finished.

My Opinion: Slightly above average match. Only gets a **3\4 rating from me.

Tenay: Good performance by both women, which Ivory just being the better woman tonight.

Coach: I got to see Gail Kim, so I’m happy.

Winner at 4:31: Ivory

Tenay: Folks, the 2006 Unforgiven is about to start! Call up your cable providers and order the show, it’s going to be a classic!

Heat ends, the PPV begins. The pyro explodes throughout the arena, which is about ¾ full (the wrestling business is only 36% to it’s peak). Tenay and Coach thank us for joining them on Pay-Per-View!

Intercontinental Championship: Tommy Dreamer © vs Matt Hardy

Match Background: This match is for the WWF Intercontinental title. Tommy Dreamer has been WWF Intercontinental champion since 20 February 2006. Dreamer lost to Matt Stryker by DQ this past Raw.

The Match: Matt Hardy Version 1.0 snap suplexes Dreamer HARD to the canvas! And again! A pair of clotheslines follow and...yep, Hardy is a HOUSE...EN...FUEGO~! BRAINBUSTAH~! by Matt Hardy Version 1.0! Covers for a quick two count. Tommy Dreamer avoids a Matt Hardy Version 1.0 avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Tommy Dreamer connects with rights and lefts and Matt Hardy Version 1.0 is down! Running knee lift from Tommy Dreamer. There's a two count on the pin. High Angle DDT by Tommy Dreamer just SPIKES Matt Hardy Version 1.0 down! Pin, but Hardy is out just before the three count. Running knee lift from Tommy Dreamer. Tommy Dreamer misses a clothesline. Doctor Bomb connects and Dreamer landed hard. Covers for a quick two count. Front legsweep slam aka The Stroke by Matt Hardy Version 1.0. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Stun Gun from Matt Hardy Version 1.0! I still can't believe that was Austin's finisher at one point. Hardy drives a HARD forearm into the chest of Dreamer. Tommy Dreamer elbows Matt Hardy Version 1.0 in the face to break a hammerlock. Tommy Dreamer with a spinning neckbreaker on Hardy. Death valley driver by Tommy Dreamer! No one executes that move properly anymore. Matt Stryker comes running down the aisle with a chair! Hardy goes to irish whip Tommy Dreamer into the ropes. Stryker jumps onto the apron with the chair...but Tommy Dreamer reverses! Collision between Stryker, Hardy, and the chair! Matt Hardy Version 1.0 staggers back into a roll up! 1...2...3! It's over! Matt Hardy Version 1.0 and Matt Stryker try to beat down Tommy Dreamer, but end up getting run out of the ring by a furious Tommy Dreamer. They leave quickly before they end up taking any more punishment.

My Opinion: I can be generous sometimes. Well, depends on your definition of generous. **1/4.

Coach: Someone stop Dreamer, he’s out of control!

Tenay: He’s merely defending himself! Mattitude 2.0 tried to play the numbers game, but it backfired!

Winner at 11:36 and STILL Intercontinental Champion: Tommy Dreamer

Hardcore Championship: Jeff Jarrett © vs Raven

Match Background: This will be a hardcore bout. This match is for the WWF Hardcore title. Jeff Jarrett has been WWF Hardcore champion since 18 September 2006. Jeff Jarrett resurfaced in the WWF at Summerslam, returning just to try and end his long-term feud with Raven, going back to their NWA-TNA days.

The Match: Big clothesline from Raven. Raven scoop slams Jarrett onto and through a table. Flapjack from Raven on Jarrett. Pin, but Jarrett is out just before the three count. Raven slams Jeff Jarrett down. Jarrett is sure in trouble now. There's a two count on the pin. Raven charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Fallaway slam by Jeff Jarrett puts down Raven. Nice piledriver on Raven. Raven comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Weak bodyslam by Raven. Jeff Jarrett is in trouble. Here it comes - Raven Effect DDT. 1....2...3, it's finished. Raven climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory. Jarrett limps his way out of the arena.

My Opinion: Well, hello there *1/4 rating, how are you?

Tenay: A decisive victory by Raven!

Coach: Crud, I hope this isn’t a taste of what’s to come for Test and Christian in their match against the Gathering tonight.

Winner at 13:45 and NEW Hardcore Champion: Raven

Women’s Championship: Trish Stratus © vs Victoria

Match Background: This match is for the WWF Womens title. Trish Stratus has been WWF Womens champion since 27 June 2006.

The Match: Trish takes a headbutt from Victoria. Trish blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Trish Stratus connects with rights and lefts and Victoria is down! The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. Trish hits a great swinging DDT on Victoria. Trish then hits a pair of HARD clotheslines and a BAAACK Bodydrop! ULTIMATE HOUSE...EN...FUEGO~! Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Victoria powers out of a Trish Stratus headlock. Running knee lift from Victoria. Massive backbreaker on Trish and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. Covers for a quick two count. Victoria scores with a standing spinebuster. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Victoria misses a clothesline. Spinebuster by Trish Stratus. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Victoria pushes out of a Trish Stratus hold. Trish Stratus slams Victoria, who rolls onto her stomach. What is Victoria doing? Trish Stratus picks her up and signals for a powerbomb. She raises Victoria up...but then falls backward, getting crushed by her opponent in the process! Victoria is on top! 1....2....3! Looking at the replay, it appears that Victoria had taken a chain out of her tights and wrapped it around her fist! Trish Stratus must have been punched with that chain while in mid-powerbomb! What a cheap shot! Stevie Richards comes running down the aisle, and gets into the ring! Stevie Richards spins Trish around. Stevie Richards hits the StevieT! Trish Stratus has been left down on the canvas.

My Opinion: All it gets is a ***1\2 rating from me. Deal with it.

Tenay: Somebody stop Stevie Richards! Victoria had already won the match!

Coach: Richards was probably still sore over Victoria’s loss at Summerslam!

Tenay: Still, this is no excuse!

Winner at 8:02 and NEW Women’s Champion: Victoria

3 on 2 Handicap Match: Test and Christian vs The Gathering (CM Punk, Julio Dinero, and Alexis Laree)

Match Background: This match is happening as a result from a six man tag at Summerslam that started a rivalry between CM Punk and Christian. After the announcement of this match, Test attacked Alexis Laree after her match with Victoria on Raw.

The Match: CM Punk gets up and gives a Belly to belly suplex to Punk. Christian gets caught with a short powerbomb from Punk. Tag to Julio Dinero. Punk and Dinero whip Christian into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. Hooks the leg for a two count. Christian avoids a Julio Dinero avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Doctor Bomb connects and Dinero landed hard. Tag to Test. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Test connects and Julio Dinero is down! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Test slams Julio Dinero. Test misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Dinero tags out to CM Punk. Vertical suplex by CM Punk. Punk tags out to Alexis Laree. Laree \ Punk whip Test into the corner. Alexis Laree whips CM Punk in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. Covers for a quick two count. Laree crushes Test with a running senton. There's a two count on the pin. Laree charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Test connects with rights and lefts and Alexis Laree is down! Laree blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Laree tags out to Julio Dinero. Julio Dinero strikes Test. BAAACK Body drop by Test gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Covers for a quick two count. Brutal sit out powerbomb on Test! Pin, but Test is out just before the three count. Tag to Alexis Laree. Julio Dinero scoops up Test. Laree bounces off the ropes and hits a flying Hart Attack clothesline. Flying elbow from Alexis Laree connects. Test fights out of a grapple. Test tags out to Christian. Massive back suplex! Alexis Laree got snapped in half, but not literally because that would just end the match now wouldn't it. Laree tags out to Julio Dinero. Vertical suplex by Christian. Reverse DDT on Dinero. Tag between Julio Dinero and CM Punk. CM Punk takes a butterfly suplex from Christian. CM Punk pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Spear! Christian is down! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Christian counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Tag to Test. Bodyslam by Test. Massive backbreaker on Punk and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. Test tags out to Christian. Test and Christian whip Punk into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. CM Punk elbows Christian in the face to break a hammerlock. Christian gets whipped into the turnbuckles by Punk. Pepsi Plunge, forget about it. 1....2...3!

My Opinion: Solid bout, but they could do a lot better. ***

Tenay: What a fun match! The Gathering looked good and picked up a clean win!

Coach: Argh! The Beautiful People are killing me! First Jarrett falls to Raven and now Christian and Test can’t even beat Alexis Laree?!?

Tenay: They’ll just have to try harder.

Winners at 15:11: CM Punk, Julio Dinero, and Alexis Laree

World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Benoit © vs Lance Storm

Benoit and Storm make their entrance, when suddenly the music of Justin Credible plays. Justin comes out wearing a referee outfit and the commentators start wondering how this came to be… especially seeing as Shawn Michaels was supposedly back and in a clear state of mind.

Match Background: This will be a special guest referee bout. Justin Credible will be the referee for this match. This match is for the World Heavyweight title. Chris Benoit has been World Heavyweight champion since 27 June 2006. Lance Storm won a mini-tournament to win this shot at Benoit’s title. Benoit attacked Storm immediately after.

The Match: Lance Storm hits a rolling kick on Benoit. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Doctor Bomb and Benoit is hurt. Covers for a quick two count. Chris Benoit powers out of a Lance Storm headlock. Chris Benoit snap suplexes Storm. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Lance Storm by Benoit. Remember when that was a legit finish? There's a two count on the pin. Delayed BRAINBUSTAH~! by Benoit who held onto that one for ages. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Benoit. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. Benoit drops an elbow...but Lance Storm moves out of the way. Storm crushes Benoit with a huge legdrop. Covers for a quick two count. Lance Storm nearly kills Benoit with a released tiger suplex. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Flying elbow from Lance Storm connects. Big forearm by Lance Storm makes me want to go to the mirror and check MY teeth. Lance Storm locks in the Canadian Maple Leaf and drags Benoit to the center of the ring. For about five minutes, Benoit struggles to make it to the ropes, but finally makes it. After escaping, Chris Benoit once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Big dropkick by Chris Benoit, who got a ton of air on the move. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Chris Benoit just KILLS Lance Storm! Lance Storm is in control. Justin Credible comes up behind...low blow! Storm collapses to the floor. Chris Benoit takes the advantage. Chris Benoit has Lance Storm down on the canvas. Here it comes...Crippler Crossface! Lance Storm taps! Justin Credible has grabbed a chair from outside, and slides back into the ring. Lance Storm turns around, and gets floored with a brutal chair shot! Justin Credible has knocked Lance Storm out with a chair!

My Opinion: Some blown spots really drag this match down a notch, so its ***1\2 for you.

Tenay: That wasn’t fair! I’d still like to know why it is that Justin Credible has been doing this to Storm!

Coach: I say it’s jealousy. If I were in Justin’s shoes, I would be doing the exact same thing.

Winner at 31:11 and STILL World Heavyweight Champion: Chris Benoit

World Tag Team Championship: Hastey and Lee © vs Brian Kendrick and J.R. Ryder

Match Background: This will be a cage bout. Ryder and Kendrick are teaming up as R & S Connection for the first time tonight. Their new name stands for “Raw and Smackdown Connection” as they are both from different rosters. This match is for the World Tag Team titles. Hastey and Lee have been World Tag Team champions since 18 September 2006.

The Match: Hastey takes a flying neckbreaker from Brian Kendrick. Implant DDT by Austin Lee! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Austin Lee throws Ryder into the cage. Adam Hastey powers out of a Brian Kendrick headlock. Hastey and Lee hook up Kendrick, then hit a double suplex. Spinning bulldog in the corner and Hastey is down! Ryder uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Brian Kendrick scoops up Lee. Ryder bounces off the ropes and hits a flying Hart Attack clothesline. Brian Kendrick launches Hastey into the cage wall. Adam Hastey gets whipped into the turnbuckles by Kendrick. Sliced Bread #2! Perfectly executed! Austin Lee can barely stand. Here it comes - Ryder Bomb. R & S Connection escape the cage for the win. R & S Connection remain in the ring, celebrating their victory.

My Opinion: I really shouldn't drink when I'm reviewing matches. Especially with Scotsman, I can't drink nearly as much, so I try too hard. It was either ** or ****, but I guess I'll have to compromise and say ***.

Tenay: They did it! Ryder and Kendrick beat the degenerates!

Coach: This is awful! One half of Raw’s tag titles is now held by a Smackdown superstar!

Tenay: Forget about that! Lee and Hastey had this coming!

Winners at 18:54 and NEW World Tag Team Champions: Brian Kendrick and J.R. Ryder

Loser Leaves Town: Triple H vs Randy Orton

Match Background: There is so much to cover. Former friends turned enemies, and now whoever loses must quit the WWF forever.

The Match: Orton hits a right hand. HHH is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Randy Orton hits some punches. How generic. Hooks the leg for a two count. Flying shoulder tackle by Orton sends HHH CRASHING to the mat. Covers for a quick two count. Triple H pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Triple H hits a right hand on Randy Orton and follows it up with a couple more. There's a two count on the pin. Triple H DDTs Orton, but it just looked terrible. HHH charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Death valley driver by Randy Orton! No one executes that move properly anymore. Orton attempts and RKO but Triple H reverses it. He locks Orton into the Main Event Sleeper! They lay there in the middle of the ring and Orton appears to be on the verge of passing out. The ref lifts Orton’s arm up twice and watches it drop. On the third try, Orton keeps his arm up and attempts to break out of the submission hold. It’s clear now that Orton is tired, he breaks away and gets to his feet. Orton bounces off the ropes and lands a cross-body on The Game. Now it’s Orton’s turn, he puts Triple H into a surfboard stretch. Triple H moans but refuses to pass out! He reverses the hold and lands a Pedigree on Randy Orton! He goes for the cover 1….2….NO! Orton kicked out of the pedigree! Triple H tries to set Orton up for another Pedigree but Orton reverses and nails a drop-kick onto The Game! Triple H can barely stand. RKO! 1....2....NO! Triple H kicked out of the RKO! Orton is beside himself, both men aren’t quite sure what they are going to do. As both men try to get back up, the other members of Evolution come down to ring-side. Chris Benoit, Adam Hastey, and Austin Lee look on in concern. Finally both Orton and HHH are to their feet again. Triple H attempts a running clothesline, but it just takes out the referee. Evolution then flood into the ring and attack…. TRIPLE H! Hastey and Lee both land flying elbow drops and Chris Benoit puts Triple H through his triple German suplexes! Orton is trying to get to his feet, and does. Evolution makes their exit, the damage being done. While confused, Orton still goes for a cover. The referee can barely move. 1…….2…….. 3! Triple H must now retire!

My Opinion: I can be generous sometimes. Well, depends on your definition of generous. The rest-holds brought this match down. ***1/4.

Tenay: I cannot believe it! Evolution turned on their own leader! The faction that Triple H spent the past three and a half years leading just turned their backs on him!

Coach: This is the single biggest tragedy in all of wrestling! Now Triple H has to retire!

Orton quietly slides out of the ring, not proud of the way he won the match. Triple H stays in the ring. Parts of the crowd are chanting the “goodbye” song but others are chanting his name. Triple H does what he can, lifts his head up high, and makes his exit. Coach and Tenay thank us for joining them.

Winner at 25:15: Randy Orton

WWF News and Notes

NO RAW THIS WEEK!

Much to the contempt of WWF officials, complications regarding the Viacom renewal negotiations are going to keep Raw from airing on Spike TV on 7/25, the night after Unforgiven. In 2004, the World Wrestling Federation signed a two-year renewal with Viacom, and as business picked up afterwards, the WWF wanted to sign a longer deal this time around. However, with the business waning right now, Viacom doesn't feel that signing a long-term deal with any wrestling promotion would ever be a good idea. It is expected that Smackdown will air at it's normal time this week and Raw will return next week.

SUMMERSLAM 2006 HITS DVD SHELVES!

One of the most highly anticipated dvd releases of the year, Summerslam 2006 will be released tomorrow. The dvd includes:

From the Actual PPV:

Rhyno vs Paul London

AJ Styles vs Rob Van Dam

Chris Benoit vs Randy Orton vs Simon Diamond

Trish Stratus vs Victoria

Rodney Mack vs Chad Collyer vs Johnny Stamboli vs Low-Ki

Tracy Smothers vs Orlando Jordan

Raven, CM Punk, and Julio Dinero vs Jeff Jarrett, Christian, and Test

The Extras Include:

The Impact Players vs Lodi and Ozzy Benton (From Heat)

Mattitude 2.0 vs Basham Brothers vs Haas and Benjamin (from Smackdown)

Rob Van Dam vs JC Ice (RVD's last Smackdown match before his injury)

Exclusive Interviews with:

Rob Van Dam

Paul London

Rodney Mack

Trish Stratus

Christian

Low-Ki

Mike Sanders

JARRETT RELEASED FROM WWF CONTRACT!

Earlier this morning, the day after Raw's Unforgiven PPV, Jeff Jarrett was a special guest on "Greg and The Morning Buzz" on New Hamphire's Rock 101. Jarrett blasted the WWF, stating that management doesn't know what they are doing and stated that he was scheduled to be de-pushed after his feud with Raven. Jarrett was already in hot water for his lack of effort in his matches with Raven, so WWF officials informed Jarrett of his release later that afternoon. It is now expected that Raven will drop the Hardcore title in the near future, and become a full-time manager for CM Punk and Julio Dinero.

OTHER NEWS

-It was agreed in the back that Unforgiven, from a storytelling view, was a success. However, everyone agreed that the ring-work did not hold up. Head booker, Ernie Rowe, is aware that something needs to be done about the work-rate on Raw, but he doesn't want to sabotage Smackdown in the process and would like to avoid having any more superstars jumping brands in the near future. There is a chance that J.R. Ryder might remain on Raw for good and pushes are in line for Adam Hastey, Austin Lee, Brian Kendrick, and Frank Shamrock. With Triple H gone now and Raven cutting back on his in-ring time, Rowe is optimistic that this will give many hard-working members of the mid-card their time to shine.

-411mania.com

Any chance of this continuing? Cause it's several kinds of awesome so far.

Yes, it will most definitly be continuing. I have the No Mercy card entirely made up already, it's just a case of figuring out exactly how I want to go about it and also keeping Raw in mind. A new Smackdown should be up within a few days too :)

Smackdown!

Sept. 28th 2006

Pyro explodes and Michael Cole and Tazz welcome us to Smackdown! They apologize for Smackdown not being on the air last week, and remind us that No Mercy will be airing live on Pay-Per-view on October 22th.

Nova vs Ken Shamrock

Match Background: Jimmy Rave and Nova picked up a tag victory over Ken Shamrock and Simon Diamond three weeks ago. Since then, Simon Diamond has defeated Jimmy Rave in a singles match.

The Match: Weak bodyslam by Shamrock. Northern Lights Bomb very nearly crushes the spine of Nova! Shamrock hits a great swinging DDT on Nova. Shamrock then hits a pair of HARD clotheslines and a BAAACK Bodydrop! ULTIMATE HOUSE...EN...FUEGO~! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Nova gets caught with a short powerbomb from Shamrock. There's a two count on the pin. Shamrock walks into a drop toe hold. Flying elbow from Nova connects. Shamrock takes a NICE hurrancarana from Nova. Nova drops an elbow...but Ken Shamrock moves out of the way. Weak bodyslam by Shamrock. Nova is in trouble. Here it comes - Belly To Belly. 1....2...3, it's finished. Nova leaves and walks back down the aisle. Wait...Ken Shamrock comes running as well, and Nova gets dropped with a clothesline, followed by a load of stomps. He is left lying in the aisle.

My Opinion: I'm capable of giving out high star ratings...but only for matches that really deserve it. This one didn't. **1/4.

Cole: It wasn’t enough for Shamrock to beat Nova, he had to knock him out after the match!

Tazz: Shamrock has a lot of pride in his tag team with Simon Diamond! I bet he still can’t believe that they would lose to a team like Jimmy Rave and Nova!

Cole: There is no shame in that, Rave and Nova are former WWF tag team champions!

Winner at 4:12: Ken Shamrock

The No Mercy Main Event

The music of Chad Collyer hits, to a massive pop from the audience. Collyer makes his way to the ring and grabs a microphone.

Collyer: You know something, Rhyno is pretty damn lucky that there wasn’t a Smackdown last week! Rhyno should be down on his knees thanking the heavens that I had two weeks to cool off from what he did to me! Not only did he deny my challenge to wrestle for the WWF Championship in a straight-up wrestling match, but he then went and cost me my United States championship! It’s been two weeks since this all went down, but I’m still mad as hell. The reason why Rhyno should be feeling lucky is because now I’m not at the point where I might do something irrational. I’m at a point now, where anything I do to Rhyno will be purely calculated. This is why I spent the last two weeks thinking about that stipulation I want for our match at No Mercy. I thought long and hard, and realized that I needed a special type of match, one that would let me let loose my built up anger and frustration. So I considered naming our match as “no disqualifications.” Then I stopped and thought some more, and realized that would just give Rhyno’s minions the chance to interfere and help him retain his title. I don’t want that. So I thought some more and then it came to me. What is the one thing that I would never do in a wrestling ring? That would be give up. At No Mercy, I have decided that my match against Rhyno, for the World Wrestling Federation Championship, will be none other than an “I QUIT” match! This means that even if the entire locker-room is out here trying to help Rhyno beat me, it will not matter, because I will never give up. I will never admit defeat, especially to a low-life of a champion like Rhyno.

Cole: This is huge news! Chad Collyer and Rhyno in an “I Quit” match at No Mercy!

Tazz: That is going to be a tremendous match! Collyer has a point too, I cannot imagine him quitting to pretty much anyone!

Commercial Break

After the break, JC Ice is in the ring, ready for a match. The music of Erik Watts plays, and he comes out to the ramp with a mic.

Watts: A few weeks ago, I stated that I wanted to manage a superstar to the WWF Championship. I believe I have found the perfect individual to do this! He is pound for pound, the strongest man in the locker-room and an has an intensity like none other. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present you with the future WWF Champion, Johnny Stamboli!

Johnny Stamboli vs JC Ice

Match Background: Erik Watts has been scouting Johnny Stamboli, and this is his first match with Watts as his manager. JC Ice has been performing well on Velocity lately, and is getting a shot on Smackdown now.

The Match: Arn Anderson-like Spinebuster by Johnny Stamboli, executed to perfection. Flying clothesline by Stamboli. Flying spear out of the corner! JC Ice nearly got crushed into little bits! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! BIG clothesline on JC Ice. Covers for a quick two count. JC Ice backdrops Johnny Stamboli out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of JC Ice. Spin kick by JC Ice to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Lightning kick by JC Ice on Stamboli. Stamboli counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Stamboli gets a stalling fallaway slam on JC Ice. JC Ice can barely stand. Here it comes - Fugettabout It. 1....2...3, it's finished. Johnny Stamboli remains in the ring, celebrating the victory with Erik Watts!

My Opinion: I'd love to see a rematch and see if they can top this, especially with more time. ***

Cole: What an impressive victory by Johnny Stamboli!

Tazz: He had his working boots on tonight, he really took it to JC Ice!

Winner at 6:11: Johnny Stamboli

The Search for Glory

Ken Shamrock is sitting in his dressing room when Simon Diamond comes in.

Simon: That was awesome, Ken! You beat Nova and two weeks ago I beat Jimmy Rave! If this doesn’t prove that we are better than those two nobodies then I don’t…

Shamrock: But we haven’t beaten them two on two!

Simon: So?

Shamrock: So?!? What do you mean “So!” Who was the most dominating tag team on Raw? We were! We beat every tag team Raw had to offer! We had a legacy on Raw that was unmatched by anyone else! That legacy needs to continue here on Smackdown! So we picked up some singles victories, big deal.

Simon: If you’re sore about it, then why don’t I go talk to Mike Sanders and see about us getting a match against Rave and Nova next week then. Then we can prove to ourselves and everyone that we are better, once and for all.

WWF Tag Team Championship: Doug and Danny Basham © vs Chuck Palumbo and Bill DeMott

Match Background: Basham Brothers are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. This match is for the WWF Tag Team titles. Basham Brothers have been WWF Tag Team champions since 20 August 2006. DeMott and Palumbo got this shot from Mike Sanders, as a way of showing his appreciation for what they’ve done for Rhyno as a part of SARS.

The Match: Big kick from DeMott staggers Danny but that's about it. Bill DeMott hits a sloppy double axe handle off the top. Covers for a quick two count. Tag to Chuck Palumbo. Chuck Palumbo scoops up Danny. DeMott bounces off the ropes and hits a flying Hart Attack clothesline. Flying shoulder tackle by Palumbo sends Danny CRASHING to the mat. Hooks the leg for a two count. STIFF~! chop lights up Danny who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Danny reverses a waistlock. Danny Basham scores with a big spinebuster. Danny tags out to Doug Basham. Bodyslam by Basham. Basham hits a piledriver on Chuck Palumbo. That used to end matches, you know. Palumbo reverses a waistlock. Tag between Chuck Palumbo and Bill DeMott. Big clothesline from DeMott. DeMott DDTs Doug Basham. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Basham hits a punch, but takes one right back. Again! A slugfest erupts in the ring! Doug Basham comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Nice piledriver on DeMott. Basham Brothers have Bill DeMott to themselves. Double DDT! 1....2....3! It's over. Rhyno and Rodney Mack come running down into the ring. They nail Doug Basham from behind, then grab Danny and hit the Double Powerbomb! With him out of the way, the drag Doug Basham to the outside...and promptly put him straight through the announcer's table with a double slam! Rhyno and Rodney Mack have destroyed The Basham Brothers!

My Opinion: Solid bout, but they could do a lot better. ***1/4

Cole: Damn it! The Basham Brothers had just retained their titles cleanly, when Rhyno and Mack became sore losers!

Tazz: I bet Sanders really wanted DeMott and Palumbo to know how much they are appreciated in SARS! The Bashams have been laid out!

Winners at 10:18 and STILL WWF Tag Team Champions: Doug and Danny Basham

SARS in Control

We come back from the break, and Doug Basham is being wheeled out of the arena in a stretcher. By this time, the entire SARS faction is now in the ring laughing Doug Basham is being taken out.

Sanders: See, this is why the Sanders Administration for Rhyno’s Success is so wonderful! If things don’t go our way, we just make them go our way! I hope the Bashams have a speedy recovery from tonight’s events because they are going to defend those tag title belts of theirs again at No Mercy, because I feel like Bill DeMott and Chuck Palumbo got screwed! (Cole throws a fit about how the Bashams had just won cleanly).

Rhyno: So Chad Collyer… you think you’ve SCARED ME with this “I QUIT” STIPULATION for NO MERCY! How about NO! YOU are the one who should be SCARED, Collyer! You have just given me PERMISSION to beat you to a BLOODY PULP! What makes you think that I WOULD EVER QUIT! THIS CHAMPIONSHIP IS MY LIFE, ASSHOLE! To get this belt from around my waist… you need to KILL ME!

Mack: Besides, Rhyno, how does Collyer think he has a shot at you when he can’t even successfully defend his U.S. Championship, which I must say, looks AWESOME over my shoulder!

Sanders: Gentlemen, I’m in a good mood tonight! Why don’t we have some fun? Rodney, how would you like defend your title tonight against… oh… hmm… what was the name of that fellow Rhyno destroyed two weeks ago… oh yeah, Alex Arion! (Mack nods approvingly). And for you, Rhyno… why not put you in a good old-fashioned tag team contest tonight! I was talking with Don Callis earlier, and his client, AJ Styles, is having some difficulty with your old “friend” Paul London that is vaguely similar to your Chad Collyer problems. So for tonight’s main event, we’re going to see Rhyno and AJ Styles, or the “Dream Team” as I like to call you, taking on the team of jobbers known as Chad Collyer and Paul London! (Rhyno smiles sinisterly).

Tazz: Wow! What a main event!

Cole: Tonight we’re going to see the reunion of Chad Collyer and Paul London!

Tazz: Reunion? Haven’t they been friends all along?

Cole: Yes, but they haven’t teamed up in some time.

Tazz: Whatever, Cole. Either way, we’re going to be in for a treat!

Cruiserweight Championship: Frankie Kazarian © vs Jamie Noble

Match Background: This match is for the WWF Cruiserweight title. Frankie Kazarian has been WWF Cruiserweight champion since 16 July 2006. Jamie Noble won a 4-way match several weeks ago to become number one contender.

The Match: Noble takes a flying neckbreaker from Frankie Kazarian. Flying reverse elbow by Frankie Kazarian. There's a two count on the pin. Noble reverses a Frankie Kazarian hammerlock. Noble just WAFFLES Kazarian with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Jamie Noble with a spinning neckbreaker on Kazarian. There's a two count on the pin. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Jamie Noble just KILLS Frankie Kazarian! Pin, but Kazarian is out just before the three count. Jamie Noble snap suplexes Kazarian HARD to the canvas! And again! A pair of clotheslines follow and...yep, Noble is a HOUSE...EN...FUEGO~! Kazarian counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Spinning bulldog in the corner and Noble is down! Hooks the leg for a two count. Vicious kick to the teeth from Frankie Kazarian. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Spin kick by Frankie Kazarian to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Standing leg lariat by Frankie Kazarian on Noble. Kazarian walks into a drop toe hold. Stun Gun from Jamie Noble! I still can't believe that was Austin's finisher at one point. Jamie Noble brings out a jumping powerbomb to nearly murder Kazarian in the ring! Scoot Andrews comes running down the aisle with a chair! Noble goes to irish whip Frankie Kazarian into the ropes. Scoot hits Kazarian with a chair to the back! Jamie Noble moves in for the kill. Huge Powerbomb!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Noble and Scoot tie Frankie Kazarian up in the ropes, then start punching away at him until referees run down and break it up. The referees finally have everyone under control, when the lights go out. After a few seconds, the lights come back on and Sean O’Haire is standing in the ring. He suddenly starts chokes-slamming referees from left and right. Noble escapes from the ring with his Cruiserweight Championship, but stands in awe as his old comrade, Scoot Andrews is back up assisting O’Haire. When all the referees are down, O’Haire falls to his knees and looks down.

Cole: What the hell is going on! Sean O’Haire looks like he has passed out!

Tazz: He was just dominating everyone in the ring! What happened?

Trent Acid comes running down, and he and Scoot Andrews lift O’Haire and carry him from the arena.

Cole: Some strange things are going on! Didn’t O’Haire abduct Scoot Andrews? Why is Andrews helping him now? And where the hell is the Ultimo Dragon!

My Opinion: Great match. Most people would give it ****3/4 or more, but I guess I'm a harsh grader. ****1\2 for you.

Winner at 15:21 and NEW Cruiserweight Champion: Jamie Noble

The Don Callis Locker-room.

AJ Styles is pacing in the special locker-room reserved for Don Callis and his associates. Don Callis enters.

Callis: Hey AJ, where’s Low-Ki, I need to speak to him.

Styles: I haven’t seen him all day.

Callis: Damn, I bet he isn’t even here tonight.

Styles: So, what’s up with me teaming up with Rhyno tonight?

Callis: Because you get a shot at Paul London.

Styles: Are you kidding me, Don? I want Paul London in a one-on-one match!

Callis: There will be time for that later, besides, what is the big deal about teaming up with Rhyno! He’s the WWF Champion, you couldn’t ask for a better tag team partner!

Styles: You just hit the damn nail on the head, Don! He is the WWF Champion! I should be the WWF Champion! I held that belt for an entire year, and now look at me! I lost to that freaking retiree, Rob Van Dam at Summerslam! I haven’t had a WWF title match since the spring! Now I see Paul London taking my spot and that is crap, Don! That is absolute crap! Paul London deserves nothing!

Callis: Tell you what, AJ. I’ll go talk to Mike Sanders and put in a word for you. We’ll take it from there. That good enough?

Styles: No, it isn’t, but I’ll deal with it.

Callis: Good. Don’t be forgetting who has been there with you all this time. I’ve been managing you since you were the Cruiserweight champion, trust my judgment.

Styles: I do trust you, Don.

Callis: Good.

United States Championship: Rodney Mack © vs Alex Arion

Match Background: This match is for the WWF United States title. Rodney Mack has been WWF United States champion since 14 September 2006. Two weeks ago, Arion received the coveted title shot against Rhyno and was impressive.

The Match: Mack takes a flying neckbreaker from Alex Arion. Arion crushes Mack with a huge legdrop. Hooks the leg for a two count. Mack blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Arion is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Flying shoulder tackle by Mack sends Arion CRASHING to the mat. Hooks the leg for a two count. High Angle DDT by Rodney Mack just SPIKES Alex Arion down! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Alex Arion charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Alex Arion reverses a hip toss. Arion crushes Mack with a huge legdrop. There's a two count on the pin. DDT from the top rope by Alex Arion. That looked KILLER. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Spin kick by Alex Arion to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Spinning back kick from Alex Arion. Mack flips out of a Alex Arion bodyslam attempt. Mack slams Alex Arion down and motions to the crowd. Massive lariat! Stan Hansen would approve. Low Ki comes running down the aisle and into the ring! Alex Arion turns around. Low Ki drops Arion to the canvas. Low Ki quickly locks on the Dragon Clutch! Low Ki leaves the ring, the damage done! Cover gets three for Rodney Mack, Arion got pinned. Low Ki pushes the referee aside, then continues to assault Arion! Right hands rain down on Alex Arion, pounding him into the canvas.

Tazz: So there’s Low-Ki!

Cole: He’s going absolutely ballistic on Alex Arion! What is the point of this?!?

Tazz: I think he’s going to tell us! The time-keeper just handed Low-Ki a microphone!

Low-Ki: Alex Arion! What have you done to receive such attention in the WWF? You have done nothing but lose match after match for over two years. Now you suddenly get a shot at the WWF title? And now a shot at the U.S. title? You have no honor, Alex. You challenged for a belt tonight that was not yours to challenge for. I was not pinned in the triple threat match where Rodney Mack won the U.S. title back in. Where was Low-Ki’s title shot? Why should someone with no honor step up to the plate before Low-Ki, who is honor defined! (Low-Ki drops the mic and leaves. Rodney Mack is hiding in the corner).

Tazz: He has a point, Cole.

Cole: Point or no point, Alex Arion did not deserve that! He showed us a lot in his match against Rhyno, and I believe that had Low-Ki not interfered tonight, we would have seen Arion win the U.S. title!

Tazz: That’s impossible, Cole! One big match cannot turn around a man’s career!

Winner at 7:59 and STILL United States Champion: Rodney Mack

Chad Collyer and Paul London vs Rhyno and AJ Styles

Match Background: Rhyno and Collyer have been feuding for quite some time now. Rhyno is the reigning WWF World champion, and has been since 16 July 2006. AJ Styles and Paul London are feuding as well, as Styles fears that he is losing his top spot on Smackdown to Paul London.

The Match: Rhyno with a spinning neckbreaker on London. London gets hit with a HUGE clothesline. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag to AJ Styles. AJ Styles scoops up London. Rhyno bounces off the ropes and hits a flying Hart Attack clothesline. Implant DDT by AJ Styles! I will always and forever mark out for that move. There's a two count on the pin. London walks into a high dropkick from AJ Styles, almost losing several teeth in the process. London reverses a AJ Styles hammerlock. DDT from the top rope by Paul London. That looked KILLER. London tags out to Chad Collyer. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Collyer crushes Styles with a running senton. AJ Styles comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Styles tags out to Rhyno. Rhyno gets a stalling fallaway slam on Chad Collyer. Rhyno scores with a NASTY spinebuster. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! STIFF~! chop lights up Collyer who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Rhyno walks into a drop toe hold. Beautiful spinning arm drag out of the corner by Collyer. It's a MAD HOUSE in the ring as all four workers are going at it!! The referee can't seem to do anything to stop it and gets shoved away. The referee turns and calls for the bell. The referee's had enough, and has called this a double DQ. Collyer \ London and Rhyno \ Styles aren't satisfied! They start brawling again, turning the ringside area into a battlefield until officials run down and physically pull them apart.

Tazz: Ha, can you smell the hatred in that ring, Cole! These men want to tear each other apart!

Cole: Things became too intense for the referee to handle, so he threw the match out the window!

Tazz: Ha, it hasn’t been a good night to be a referee at all, has it?

Cole: Not at all, but I’m getting some word through my headset. Breaking news, folks, General Manager Mike Sanders has announced that AJ Styles and Paul London are now going to be facing off in a No DQ match at No Mercy!

Tazz: I thought you were going to exaggerate, Cole, but you’re right! This is huge breaking news!

Cole: Sanders has also announced that he wants Orlando Jordan, should he be out of the hospital, to attend a contract signing in the ring with Nunzio next week on Smackdown. He says that they either need to agree to leave each other alone, or they need to sign for a match at No Mercy!

Tazz: Wow, this is getting better and better.

No Contest at 20:17

Edited by TheManErnieRowe

Velocity Spoilers!

Charlie Haas def Funaki

Jimmy Rave def Kid Kash

Reno def Taka Michinoku

Credit: TheSmartMarks.com

The Ryland Report

Hello all! Let's start this week off with the injury report.

Chris Harris is out with a Knee Injury, but he should return in around 3 months. His tag team partner, James Storm, has been doing well so far in OVW and is anxiously awaiting for Harris to join him there.

Rey Mysterio is out with a Knee Injury, but he should return in around 7 months.

Kid Romeo is recovering from a Torn Calf, expect him to be back in action in 3 months.

A Broken Leg has put Seven on the sidelines for the next 3 months. Seven will report back to OVW for a couple months, possibly to overhaul his character.

Eric Bischoff is out with a Knee Injury, but he should return in around 5 months.

Garrison Cade is recovering from a Broken Leg, expect him to be back in action in 4 months.

You can expect to see a lot more of Funaki, Nunzio, Scoot Andrews, Austin Lee, Shelton Benjamin and Matt Stryker in the coming weeks. These are all very talented workers, who we see as integral to World Wrestling Federation. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more of them to step up and start making waves in the main event scene soon.

Exciting things are happening down at Ohio Valley Wrestling. We're watching a group of workers, including Chris Chetti, BJ Whitmer, Rob Conway and Jeremy Lopez, very closely as they have a heck of a lot of potential.

As always, Sophie continues to do a great, unappreciated job behind the scenes here in World Wrestling Federation. Kudos to her.

Triple H has been rumoured on other sites to be in negotiations with us. I will say that as far as i'm concerned, although we are of course keeping an open-mind, we have had no meetings with this talented performer.

We're all extremely pleased with the ratings that Raw has been getting. Heat and Velocity are exciting products, definitely strong parts of our brand. Another great show from Smackdown!, it's becoming a high point of the WWF week.

I'd like to thank our great sponsors - World Domination Inc, Droese Garbage, Irwin's Taxes and EWR 4.0 - for their continuing support.

Until next time, take care...

Adam Ryland

News and Rumors!

-Raw had a very successful house show on Monday night, to make up for not being televised live. The matches included:

Lance Storm, Brian Kendrick, and J.R. Ryder def World Champion Chris Benoit, Austin Lee, and Adam Hastey

Stevie Richards def Frank Shamrock

IC Champion Tommy Dreamer def Matt Stryker and Matt Hardy

Steve Corino and Justin Credible def Billy Kidman and the returning Johnny Jeter

Women's Champion Victoria def Trish Stratus, Molly Holly, and Erica Porter

CM Punk def Christian

Hardcore Champion Raven def Test

- Jeff Jarrett continues to run his mouth. After getting released by the World Wrestling Federation last week, Jarrett has done a series of radio interviews, heavily criticizing booker Ernie Rowe for the direction of Raw. Jarrett felt insulted that he was given a mid-carder treatment, since he was a main eventer in TNA.

- Triple H and the WWF ended on very friendly terms. Triple H is taking some time off from wrestling right now, but may or may not be accepting indy bookings in the near future.

you bought out TNA? What do you have left for competition?

Other feds have grown and such (ROH is pretty big in the game) but besides that, I'm pretty much unchallenged as far as Global companies go.