TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SamoaRowe

Rowe's WWE Diary

WWF News and Rumors

WWF Officials were ordered to see about signing La Parka, but he is stuck in a long-term written deal with Major League Wrestling.

It is unlikely that any former TNA stars will be surfacing on WWF television in the near future. WWF could not come to terms with Sting, B.G. James, or Buff Bagwell. Many others, including Jeremy Lopez, Ace Steel, Rob Conway, BJ Whitmer, and America's Most Wanted have been sent to OVW. It is likely that Trent Acid will be used for a few dark matches and Heat/Velocity tapings. Acid is currently tied down to Japan, and is unable to sign a written WWF contract.

Tickets for Summerslam sold out on Saturday, even without any advertised main event.

Rico and Matt Stryker have returned from their injuries. Both of them could turn up at any time.

Mark Briscoe teamed up with his brother, Jay, at the Smackdown house shows over the weekend. Officials were pleased with their work.

credit: thebattleground.com

WWF Smackdown Preview

Last week WWF Champion Rhyno finally gained an upper hand over Paul London, attacking him after his match with Bill DeMott. Now that Rhyno has gotten a confidence booster, what will he do this week?

Word has it that a new figure will make his arrival on Smackdown this week. Who could it be and what will he or she have to say?

Rob Van Dam has announced that he is retiring from the WWF. His last match will take place at Summerslam, against his old rival, AJ Styles. You can be sure that Styles will do his best to make sure that RVD's retirement is far from graceful.

Already announced for Thursday's Smackdown, Chuck Palumbo and Reno will face the team of Chad Collyer and Johnny Stamboli. Both Collyer and Stamboli have scores to settle with Sander's henchmen, it is sure to be a real war.

For all of this and more, tune into Smackdown! only on Spike TV!

WWF Smackdown!

August 3, 2006

Clips from Rhyno's beatdown on Paul London from last week play and the show starts!

Michael Cole and Tazz welcome us to Smackdown! Chris Kanyon and Sean O'Haire are already in the ring, and they look pissed. Some unfamiliar music plays, and out come the Briscoe Boys!

Kanyan and O'Haire vs Briscoe Boys

Match Background: M.Briscoe is making his debut at this show.

The Match: Chris Kanyon with a spinning neckbreaker on J.Briscoe. Massive backbreaker on J.Briscoe and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. Hooks the leg for a two count. Kanyon tags out to Sean O'Haire. Kanyan and O'Haire whip J.Briscoe into the corner. Sean O'Haire whips Chris Kanyon in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. Sean O'Haire with a spinning neckbreaker on J.Briscoe. Covers for a quick two count. STIFF~! chop lights up J.Briscoe who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! J.Briscoe reverses a Sean O'Haire hammerlock. Springboard dropkick from Jay Briscoe. Nicely done. Tag between Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe. Mark Briscoe hits a rolling kick on O'Haire. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. SUPER frankensteiner on O'Haire, who hit hard and is loopy as a result. Sean O'Haire fights out of a grapple. Tag between Sean O'Haire and Chris Kanyon. Chris Kanyon hits a bulldog off the ropes. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Chris Kanyon just KILLS Mark Briscoe! Pin, but M.Briscoe is out just before the three count. Kanyon scoops and slams Mark Briscoe. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? M.Briscoe counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Super kick by Mark Briscoe. Chris Kanyon climbs to the top rope, ready to leap at M.Briscoe. Sean O'Haire bounces off the ropes for an elbow drop without seeing his partner, and crotches Kanyon by accident. Chris Kanyon is in trouble. Cut-Throat Suplex! 1....2....3. Kanyan and O'Haire look like they aren't done...and they attack Briscoe Boys! After an exchange of blows, M.Briscoe and J.Briscoe are laid out in the ring.

My Opinion: Absolutely solid match. A few minor things brought it down, so I'm tacking on a **** rating.

Tazz: What a huge upset by Jay Briscoe and his brother, Mark!

Cole: But look at what those two big bullies are doing!

Tazz: They're just reminding the Briscoe Boys that their win was a fluke.

Cole: But what makes you think that was any fluke! That was an awesome debut match for a tag team whom I believe could be the future of Smackdown!

Winners: The Briscoe Boys

The Sanders Administration for Rhyno's Success (SARS) Interview

Mike Sanders, WWF Champion Rhyno, U.S. Champion Rodney Mack, Reno, Chuck Palumbo, and Bill DeMott make their way to the ring. Believe it or not but Rhyno is smiling!

Rhyno: Did you all see SMACKDOWN last week? Did you see me GORE Paul London?!? That's how things go here on Smackdown, the WWF Champion runs the show and no two-bit nothing is going to take ANYTHING away from me.

Mack: You're damn right, Rhyno. No one disrespects the WWF Champion. And no one disrespects the United States champion either. I'm in a fighting mood tonight, but I am not on the card. In which case, I will be in Reno and Chuck's corner for their tag match tonight against Johnny Stamboli and Chad Collyer. And since I'm in such a good mood, and because I have such faith in my teammate's abilities, if Collyer and Stamboli win tonight... I'll give them of them a shot at my U.S. title at Summerslam!

Cole: Such arrogance from the U.S. Champion.

Rhyno: You're a good man, Rodney. Better than me, but see if I give a flying crap. You might be a fighting champion, but I'm not. I'm not on the card tonight and that is just FINE with me. This title is not going anywhere!

They are cut off by Paul London's music.

Rhyno: WHAT DO YOU WANT!

London (on the ramp): So, Rhyno, you are not a fighting champion?

Rhyno: You got that RIGHT!

London: So, a good translation of that would be... you're chicken?

Rhyno: NO! It means that... I make the people PAY to see me defend my title. They can wait for Summerslam, when I DESTROY whoever the unlucky number one contender might be. And if there is no number one contender, then I guess I just get the month off.

London: So you wouldn't be interested in wresting me... tonight?

Rhyno: HELL NO! You're beneath me.

London: Or maybe you are just chicken!

Rhyno: No... I'm not afraid of anyone! Just because you beat me in that six man tag.. or floored me at Fully Loaded... DOES NOT MAKE ME AFRAID OF YOU!

London: Okay, then fight me tonight! It doesn't even have to be for the title. Just prove that you're half the man you say you are.

Rhyno: YOU'RE ON!

Commercial break.

Cruiserweight Championship: Frankie Kazarian © vs Ultimo Dragon vs Kid Kash

Match Background: This will be a triangle bout. This match is for the WWF Cruiserweight title. Frankie Kazarian has been WWF Cruiserweight champion since 16 July 2006.

The Match: Dropkick connects to the BUTT of the jaw and Kazarian goes down. Dropkick connects to the BUTT of the jaw and Ultimo goes down. Frankie Kazarian pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Second rope flying axe handle, Kash goes down. One day, Kazarian might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Ultimo crushes Kazarian with a running senton. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Kash hits a dropkick on Ultimo Dragon and gets right back up. Ultimo kicks Kid Kash in the gut to reverse the momentum. Kazarian \ Ultimo whip Kash into the corner. Frankie Kazarian whips Ultimo Dragon in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. Diamond Dust from Frankie Kazarian and Kash is out! Ultimo Dragon connects with a back heel kick on Kazarian and gets back up quickly. Kazarian blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Hard back suplex on Kash. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Kid Kash can barely stand. Here it comes - Wave Of The Future. 1....2...3, it's finished.

My Opinion: Some blown spots really drag this match down a notch, so its ***1/2 for you.

Cole: Kazarian does it again!

Tazz: Amazing accomplishment by this young Frankie Kazarian. He just beat two veterans to retain his title.

Winner and STILL Cruiserweight Champion: Frankie Kazarian

A new face on Smackdown.

We come back from commerical and some unfamiliar music plays. Tazz and Cole are in shock as ERIK WATTS makes his entrance.

Cole: It's Erik Watts! What is he doing here?

Tazz: What an incredible shock! NWA-TNA was just bought out by the WWF four days ago, and here we are with Erik Watts on Smackdown!

Watts: First off, I'd like to thank Shane McMahon for allowing me to be here tonight. It hasn't been an easy week to be Erik Watts. A company that I put a lot of hard work into for the better part of three years is no more. But what is done is done. I have come to Smackdown because I have noticed some ill practices performed by my old rival, Don Callis! I've noticed that a few talented WWF Superstars have had some trouble with Callis and his clients, so I'm here to present an open offer to anyone on the roster who hate Don Callis. Anyone who would be interested in my managerial services need only ask. I ask the boys in the back to take this offer to heart. You may one day find that in order to defeat Callis and his men, you need to have a backup weapon. And men, I am that weapon. Oh, and Rob Van Dam... good luck!

Cole: Oh my, you can bet that wherever Don Callis is right now, he isn't happy!

Tazz: Who does this loser think he is?

AJ Styles vs Sonjay Dutt

Styles grabs the mic.

Styles: Erik Watts? Hmm, that name doesn't ring a bell... oh yeah! He's from THAT company. The one that felt I wasn't worthy of carrying the company on my shoulders. The same company that could hardly afford to pay me or Don Callis, so we got our asses over to WWF as soon as we could! And as far as RVD goes, I beat your ass THREE times in championship matches! Just because the WWF title isn't on the line this time does not change a thing. You are retiring out of choice now, but by the time I am through with you, you will have no choice but to quit!

The Match: Dutt uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Flying reverse elbow by Sonjay Dutt. There's a two count on the pin. Sonjay Dutt misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. AJ Styles kicks the leg, knocks Dutt down, and goes to work on it. Hard back suplex on Dutt. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. There's a two count on the pin. Springboard dropkick from AJ Styles. Nicely done. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Styles uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Sonjay Dutt once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Dutt crushes Styles with a running senton. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tiger suplex on Styles. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, Bloody Hell! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Flying elbow from Sonjay Dutt connects. Dutt just WAFFLES Styles with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Styles pushes out of a Sonjay Dutt hold. Dutt takes a flying neckbreaker from AJ Styles. Springboard dropkick from AJ Styles. Nicely done. Sonjay Dutt is in trouble. Styles Clash! 1....2....3. AJ Styles leaves the ring and heads off down the aisle at speed. Styles has the victory, and isn't hanging around for Sonjay Dutt to look for revenge.

My Opinion: Oh, look out...almost ***, but not quite. **3/4.

Cole: Styles got out of there pretty fast.

Tazz: He's pissed a lot of people off, Cole. He knows that he's an open target out there.

Winner: AJ Styles

Matt Hardy Interview

Josh Matthews is with Matt Hardy Version One.

Josh: You are set to face the WWF Tag Team Champions tonight. AJ Styles just wrestled, so who is your partner tonight?

Hardy: That's the best you've got, Josh? I mean, seriously, who pays you to come up with such rediculous questions! I think anyone could do your job better than you! No offense, man, but you suck! Well, I was going to have Low Ki team up with me tonight, but it seems that he's found something better to do. So I just got off the phone with Don Callis and he told me that Matt Stryker is on his way to the arena.

Josh: Stryker is back?

Hardy: Yout bet he is. Tonight he will play the role of my newest Mattitude follower, and we shall pick up a victory over the best tag team there is. (Haas and Benjamin walk by and hear this, they look disgusted).

Reno and Chuck Palumbo vs Chad Collyer and Johnny Stamboli

Match Background: If Stamboli and Collyer win this match, they both get a U.S. title shot at Summerslam. Last week, Reno disguised himself as airport security to keep Collyer from reaching the arena on time.

The Match: Johnny Stamboli connects with rights and lefts and Chuck Palumbo is down! Chuck Palumbo charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Palumbo walks into a face-first flapjack. Palumbo tags out to Reno. Reno slams Johnny Stamboli. Stamboli blocks a kick from Reno. Stamboli scoops and slams Reno. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Tag between Johnny Stamboli and Chad Collyer. Stamboli \ Collyer whip Reno into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Collyer crushes Reno with a sweet running senton. Slingshot senton by Collyer, crushing the chest cavity of Reno. Tag to Johnny Stamboli. Reno takes a nasty tumble from the top to the outside after a shove from Johnny Stamboli! While Reno is outside the ring, a group of cops rush in. Cole reminds us that Reno had charges pressed against him last week for posing as airport security. Reno runs off through the audience to get away while the cops are in hot pursuit. The referee counts Reno out due to him being the legal man. Collyer and Stamboli win!

My Opinion: Let me practice my math. 13 quarter stars equal a ***1\4 rating, right? Yeah, it does. That's what you get.

Tazz: Has Reno been avoiding the police since last week?

Cole: It appears so, either way Stamboli and Collyer are going to Summerslam for a U.S. Title shot!

Winners by count-out: Johnny Stamboli and Chad Collyer

Non-title match: WWF Tag Team Champions The Basham Brothers vs Matt Hardy Version 1.0 and Matt Stryker

Match Background: Basham Brothers are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. Basham Brothers are the reigning WWF Tag Team champions, and have been since 16 July 2006.

The Match: Danny walks into a high dropkick from Matt Stryker, almost losing several teeth in the process. Hard back suplex on Danny. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Matt Stryker and Matt Hardy Version 1.0. Stryker \ Hardy whip Danny into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. There's a two count on the pin. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Danny Basham by Hardy. Remember when that was a legit finish? Hardy charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Full nelson slam on Hardy. Covers for a quick two count. Tag between Danny Basham and Doug Basham. Spinebuster by Doug Basham. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Basham slams Matt Hardy Version 1.0 down and motions to the crowd. Matt Hardy Version 1.0 is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Basham tastes a high angle back suplex. If Spike Lee can sue TNN over the Spike TV nonsense, then Kurt Angle should be able to sue SOMEONE for that. Tag to Matt Stryker. STIFF high kick on Basham by Matt Stryker. Tag to Danny Basham. Danny takes a flying neckbreaker from Matt Stryker. Danny Basham grabs Matt Stryker from behind and shoves him into the ropes, then scores with a roll-up...but Stryker rolls through with the move! He used a pull of the tights to get Danny over! 1....2...3! The referee was out of position and didn't see it! Hardy \ Stryker remain in the ring, celebrating their victory.

My Opinion: Almost got a **** match, but was lacking in certain areas, so i'm knocking off a quarter of a star. Yes, there is such a thing as a quarter star. ***3/4.

Cole: Hardy and Stryker have stolen a win! They have (Low Ki appears out of no where and grabs Cole's headset).

Low Ki: There is no honor in this company! What the hell did Stamboli and Collyer do to get a U.S. title shot? NOTHING! I demand that I am included into that match up. I was robbed of my U.S. Championship in the first place and I never got my rematch! It is only fair and it is the honorable thing to do!

Tazz: Well spoken by a mistreated man.

Winners: Matt Hardy and Matt Stryker

Summerslam Hype

Tazz and Michael Cole announce that the theme song for Summerslam is the new single from the band, Powerman 5000 (it's 2006, surely they'll have something new around then). They run down the list of matches, and announce that officials in the back have signed Rodney Mack vs Low Ki vs Chad Collyer vs Johnny Stamboli vs Summerslam.

They also take a look at the history between AJ Styles and Rob Van Dam. This includes clips from their matches from Wrestlemania XXI, Judgement Day 05, and Summerslam 05.

Non-title Match: WWF Champion Rhyno vs Paul London

Match Background: Rhyno is the reigning WWF World champion, and has been since 16 July 2006. Paul London pinned Rhyno in a six man tag match two weeks ago. Last week Rhyno beat down London after his match with Bill DeMott.

The Match: Paul London strikes Rhyno. Rhyno avoids a Paul London avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Rhyno ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. London walks into a face-first flapjack. Cover, but there's no one to count for Rhyno! Paul London fights out of a grapple. London hits a dropkick on Rhyno and gets right back up. London crushes Rhyno with a running senton. There's a two count on the pin. Springboard dropkick from Paul London. Nicely done. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Rhyno powers out of a Paul London headlock. London walks into a side slam. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Rhyno misses a clothesline, but connects with another. Rhyno waits for London to get back to his feet and goes for a Gore! London dodges it, and Rhyno goes running into the ring post. London capitilizes by jumping to the top rope and nails Rhyno with the London Calling!!! He goes for the cover and 1...2...3!

Cole: PAUL LONDON HAS PINNED RHYNO AGAIN!

Tazz: OH MY GOD!

My Opinion: Almost got a **** match, but was lacking in certain areas, so i'm knocking off a quarter of a star. Yes, there is such a thing as a quarter star. ***3/4.

London slides out the ring. Rhyno is just coming to and he realizes what happened. London is making the the title gesture to his waist. Rhyno grabs a mic.

Rhyno: YOU THINK YOU ARE SUCH A TOUGH GUY! THAT WAS A FLUKE! I AM SO SURE THAT WAS A FLUKE THAT I'M GOING TO CHALLENGE YOU TO ANOTHER MATCH! YOU AND ME, PAUL. AT SUMMERSLAM! FOR MY WWF CHAMPIONSHIP!

London grins and gives Rhyno a thumbs up. Rhyno throws a temper tantrum as Smackdown goes off the air.

Winner: Paul London

WWF News and Rumors!

Smackdown did a 5.80 rating this week.

Some officials are worried about whether or not Rob Van Dam will be able to work a high profile singles match with AJ Styles at Summerslam. Road agents are working very closely with both Styles and RVD to book the match in such a way to cover up RVD's weaknesses and play to the few strengths he has left.

Jeff Jarrett is in the middle of contract negotiations. Head booker Ernie Rowe does not consider Jarrett to be main event caliber though, so any role Jarrett assumes in WWF television would be that of a mid-carder.

Velocity Spoilers!

Orlando Jordan def Psychosis

Kae En Tai def Jamie Noble and Scoot Andrews

Charlie Haas def Alex Arion

Jimmy Rave, Nova, and Pepper Parks def Trent Acid, JC ICe, and Jody Fleisch

Nice show. Too bad about La Parka. :(

And I'm shocked Rhyno is able to cut a promo without using "motherf---er" at least 10 times.

And I'm shocked Rhyno is able to cut a promo without using "motherf---er" at least 10 times.

Oh, it's tempting sometimes. Even if Smackdown did move to Spike TV, I still don't think Rhyno would be allowed to do that.

Raw Preview!

Last week it was announced that the World Heavyweight Championship would be on the line at Summerslam, with Chris Benoit defending against Randy Orton and fellow Evolution team-mate Simon Diamond. Before the cameras went off, Benoit and Diamond looked to be on friendly terms before hearing the announcement. Will the partnership be affected in the shadow of the triple threat match? Tune in to find out!

Shawn Michaels has already signed Chris Benoit and Simon Diamond to face off against Randy Orton and the returning CM Punk. Also scheduled, IC Champion Tommy Dreamer will defend his title against Justin Credible, and Women's Champion Trish Stratus will face Taylor Matheny.

WWF Raw!

August 7th, 2006

The pyro for Raw goes off and Al Snow welcomes us to Raw. He announces that Jim Ross is taking some time off from broadcasting to relieve his hefty work-load. Some unfamiliar music plays, and out comes MIKE TENAY! He waves to the crowd and takes his spot right by Al Snow.

Snow: What a shocker! Welcome to Raw!

Tenay: Thank you, I cannot begin to tell you how good it is to be here tonight. It’s been a very emotional week for my family and me. I just want to thank all the fans and the boys in the back for their support.

Snow: It’s great to have you here, Mike. Now on with the show!

Shawn Michaels Has Words to Say!

HBK makes his way to the ring. He stops to high-five Mike Tenay and he dances his way into the ring.

HBK: So far, I must say being the General Manager of Raw has been a blast. By not being an active competitor gives me a great opportunity to interact with the WWF superstars in a such a way that I have really never been able to. They are no longer my opponents, but more so my friends. However, I am still in charge and I still must enforce my rules! For starters, last night on Heat, Justin Credible got himself involved in a match between his tag partner, Lance Storm, and Christian. His interference failed and Storm lost the match, so the consequence for this action will be less severe. Credible will still get his Intercontinental Championship shot tonight… but now Lance Storm will be the special guest referee! For Justin’s sake, let’s all hope that Storm isn’t TOO pissed about the loss. Furthermore, I must add on to my New Rule. I want all the superstars in the back to listen closely to this one, especially Austin Lee. No harm is to come to referees anymore. Period. Any sort of physical violence towards referees from this point on, will result in direct discipline from myself. If a referee is “accidentally” knocked down during a match, I will use my discretion as to whether or not there was any malicious intent behind it. I hope I have made myself clear.

Tenay: HBK continues to deliver on his promises to reform Raw!

Snow: He sure is, but you can imagine that the young degenerate, Austin Lee, is none too happy about this addition to the New Rule.

Women’s Championship: Trish Stratus © vs Taylor Matheny

Match Background: This match is for the WWF Womens title. Trish Stratus has been WWF Womens champion since 27 June 2006. Stratus is also scheduled to defend the title against Victoria at Summerslam.

The Match: Taylor is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Taylor Matheny is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Big forearm by Taylor Matheny makes me want to go to the mirror and check MY teeth. Taylor Matheny misses a clothesline...and takes out the referee accidentally! Wicked suplex out of the corner from Taylor Matheny, is executed so well, it hurt MY back. Cover, but there's no one to count for Taylor Matheny! Trish Stratus powers out of a Taylor Matheny headlock. BAAACK Body drop by Taylor gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Big piledriver on Taylor. Hooks the leg for a two count. Spear! Taylor is down! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Taylor Matheny pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Trish walks into a jaw breaker. Pin, but Trish is out just before the three count. Trish counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Victoria just slid into the ring out of nowhere! Victoria has a chair, and drops Trish and Taylor with devastating blows, causing the referee to call for the bell. This match has been ruled a no contest! Victoria has a chair. Trish turns and takes a brutal shot to the head. Taylor is next to take a hard shot. Victoria has demolished everyone!

My Opinion: *** for a good match, but a little too short.

Tenay: Victoria has cost both women of the win, and Matheny of the title!

Snow: You can only imagine that Shawn Michaels is not going to be happy about this!

Winner: No contest due to outside interference.

The Lodi and Ozzy Show

Lodi is sitting in the dressing room, reading the newest issue of WWF Magazine (with Chris Benoit on the cover) when Ozzy Benton comes up to him.

Ozzy: Hey man… about last week, I’m sorry that I got so made when you came to check on me.

Lodi: Oh, honey, don’t worry about it!

Ozzy: Dude, don’t call me that! Anyways, it’s just nice to have a tag partner who gives a damn, and I overreacted.

Lodi: Oh, sweetie, you know I’ll be here for you no matter what!

Ozzy: Don’t call me that!

Lodi: But Sweet-cheeks, what am I to call you?

Ozzy: Argh! Just call me “Ozzy” like everyone else does!

Lodi: But you’re special to me, you… (Ozzy grabs Lodi by the throat).

Ozzy: SHUT UP AND LISTEN! I know what you are all about but that’s NOT me! I have some freaking self respect for myself and for my gender! You make me sick and I’m in this partnership only because I want to get somewhere in this company. Cut the crap, now, or I will make you pay. (He let’s go of Lodi).

Lodi (genuinely hurt): Okay… Ozzy.

Brian Kendrick vs Christian

Match Background: Brian Kendrick recently came to Raw. Christian has been feuding with Raven for the past several weeks.

The Match: Brian Kendrick just WALKS into a stiff lariat clothesline from Christian. Double arm suplex by Christian connects as Kendrick hits hard. BAAACK Body drop by Kendrick gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. BAAACK Body drop by Kendrick gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Brian Kendrick avoids a Christian avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Brian Kendrick hits a rolling kick on Christian. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Lightning kick by Kendrick on Christian. There's a two count on the pin. Christian blocks a punch. Kendrick walks into a jaw breaker. Hooks the leg for a two count. Front legsweep slam aka The Stroke by Christian. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Kendrick powers out of a headlock. Kendrick hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Christian blocks a kick from Brian Kendrick. A Gut buster connects on Kendrick and hits hard. Kendrick scores with a forearm, sending Christian down into the corner. The referee pulls Brian Kendrick away to get the break. Wait! Christian has pulled something out of his tights. Brian Kendrick walks over...and gets floored by a punch! 1....2....3! The referee never saw the brass knuckles! Raven comes running down the aisle with a chair! Christian is just leaving the ring...and Raven scores with a brutal chair shot! Christian falls to the floor holding his head.

Tenay: It’s RAVEN! He’s giving the CLB exactly what he deserves!

Snow: Christian’s antics kept Raven away from Raw last week, but Raven is back and more brutal than ever!

My Opinion: Slightly above average match. Only gets a **3\4 rating from me.

Winner: Christian

New Generation of Degenerates

The Coach is standing by backstage with Austin Lee.

Coach: Lee, earlier Raw GM Shawn Michaels announced that he will not tolerate any more physical abuse towards referees. You singled you out specifically, why do… (lee cuts him off).

Lee: Look, I know exactly why I was singled out! I attack referees more than the average guy does. But you know what? It’s because I’m sick of being held down! I’m sick of everyone in this stupid company. I’m sick of Shawn Michaels, I’m sick of all the guys in the locker room, and I’m sick of you, Jonathan Coachman. (Suddenly Coach is jumped from behind.)

Tenay: It’s Adam Hastey, the last X Champion from TNA!

Lee: Haha, Michaels said we couldn’t hurt the referees anymore, but he didn’t say JACK about beating up spineless announcers. I’d like to reintroduce all of you to Adam Hastey, a good friend of mine and a soul-less son of a bitch. We own Raw now, but more so we own Shawn Michaels. When we are through with him, he is going to rue the day he ever inspired us all those years ago to disobey authority when he started D-Generation X. We are the new generation of degenerates and we aren’t going to take crap from anyone, especially washed up, former degenerates like Shawn Michaels!

Snow: The irony of this is sickening!

Tenay: Seeing Adam Hastey here in the WWF is just plain surreal! He was the last X Division champion of the NWA! I cannot believe this!

Intercontinental Championship: Tommy Dreamer © vs Justin Credible

Match Background: This will be a special guest referee bout. Lance Storm will be the referee for this match. This match is for the WWF Intercontinental title. Tommy Dreamer has been WWF Intercontinental champion since 20 February 2006. HBK made Storm the guest referee in response to Justin Credible cheating on Storm’s behalf on Sunday Night Heat.

The Match: Tommy Dreamer hits some punches. How generic. Justin Credible fights out of a grapple. Justin Credible hits a right hand on Tommy Dreamer and follows it up with a couple more. Tommy Dreamer charges, Credible moves, and the referee is knocked silly! Sloppy discus punch from Justin Credible barely connects on Dreamer. Cover, but there's no one to count for Justin Credible! Credible walks into a drop toe hold. Justin Credible charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Spinebuster by Tommy Dreamer. Hooks the leg for a two count. Powerbomb on Credible. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Justin Credible elbows Tommy Dreamer in the face to break a hammerlock. Credible hits a piledriver on Tommy Dreamer. I know I wouldn't let someone that bad give me a piledriver. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Dreamer blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Justin Credible can barely stand. Here it comes - Dreamer Driver. 1....2...3, it's finished. Tommy Dreamer is still in the ring celebrating. Justin Credible gets in Lance Storm’s face! He’s demanding to know why Storm “cost him the match.” Storm just makes an annoyed face and leaves while Credible continues to whine.

My Opinion: ** rating is all it gets from me.

Tenay: Storm called it down the middle, you have to admire that.

Snow: True, but what could this do to the Impact Players?

Winner and STILL IC Champion: Tommy Dreamer

Old Allies Come Together

The camera opens to a dark corner of the parking lot. Raven steps out of the shadows.

Raven: Christian, your antics have ceased to amuse me. As funny as I think you are, I have had enough of this pointless game of cat and mouse that we have been playing. This is going to end, and it will end at Summerslam. (CM Punk, Julio Dinero, and Alexis Laree suddenly appear out of the shadows behind Raven).

Raven: At Summerslam, I want you, Test, and a partner of your choosing in a six man tag against all of us. Should you choose to accept it, spectacular. Should you decline, than this war we have been raging will continue on. I promise you, it will not be pretty. Quote the Raven…

Evolution is in the house!

Triple H, Steven Richards, and Victoria come out to the ring. They pose and HHH grabs a mic.

HHH: You know, it’s funny how so much can change but so much can stay exactly the same. Four years ago, Randy Orton was no one. Aside from his last name, he was totally unrecognizable. Then I did what no one else would, and I took the little guy under my wing. Then what happened to me a year later? The little bastard turned on me! He spit on the good name of Triple H and he spit on the good name of Evolution! Years have gone by, and he’s the same little punk that he was when he was in Evolution. The difference is, he is now the enemy of Triple H. And that, my friend, is something that no one wants to be.

HBK’s music plays and he comes back out on the ramp.

HBK: Yeah, Hunter. You’re right. The lack of change is really funny. It’s funny how those two little hooligans, Adam Hastey and Austin Lee, think they are going to punk me out. What is also funny, is how no matter what I do, your goons don’t seem to get that interfering in matches is no longer acceptable! I saw what Victoria did earlier tonight in the Women’s title match. As a result, I am stripping Victoria of her number one contender position! (Victoria throws a temper tantrum, Richards tries to console her). Next week, in this very ring, Victoria will have the opportunity to regain the number one Contendership if she can pin… Taylor Matheny! (Crowd pops huge).

HHH: Yeah, that’s funny too, Shawn. We should come up there and beat your ass this moment.

HBK: Before you do, realize that I just booked a match for you and Richards… right now! You are going to face the guy who pinned you at Bad Blood… Masato Tanaka! (HHH is pissed). And you will also face the newest member of the Raw roster… Billy Kidman! Good luck, assholes!

Masato Tanaka and Billy Kidman vs Triple H and Stevie Richards

Match Background: Tanaka and HHH had a feud in June, where Tanaka got the fluke pin over HHH at Bad Blood. This is Billy Kidman’s first night on Raw.

The Match: Dropkick connects to the BUTT of the jaw and Stevie goes down. Hard back suplex on Stevie. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Covers for a quick two count. Kidman tags out to Masato Tanaka. Kidman \ Tanaka whip Stevie into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. Hooks the leg for a two count. Bodyslam by Tanaka. Stevie Richards avoids a Masato Tanaka avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Big piledriver on Tanaka. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag between Stevie Richards and Triple H. HHH hits a piledriver on Masato Tanaka. I know I wouldn't let someone that bad give me a piledriver. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Weak bodyslam on Tanaka by HHH sets up a legdrop. Masato Tanaka pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. BIG clothesline on HHH. Tanaka tags out to Billy Kidman. Billy Kidman strikes HHH. Tag between Triple H and Stevie Richards. Stevie takes a flying neckbreaker from Billy Kidman. Billy Kidman floors Stevie Richards...and climbs the turnbuckles. Through the air, Shooting Star Press! 1....2....3. HHH and Stevie remain in the ring. Stevie Richards does not look happy at losing. Triple H goes to leave, but gets pulled back in by Stevie. Tensions seem to be rising between these two. Victoria comes back in, and tries to cool them both down.

My Opinion: Smack dab in the middle of the star spectrum for an average match. **1\2.

Tenay: What a shocking upset from Billy Kidman!

Snow: And look at Triple H! If I didn’t know any better, I’d say he wanted to kill Stevie Richards just now.

Winners: Masato Tanaka and Billy Kidman

Simon Diamond and Chris Benoit vs Randy Orton and CM Punk

Match Background: Chris Benoit is the reigning World Heavyweight champion, and has been since 27 June 2006.

Snow: Simon and Benoit appear to still be in good spirits with one another.

The Match: Simon Diamond snap suplexes Punk. Diamond drives a thrust kick into the chest of Punk. Hooks the leg for a two count. Diamond tags out to Chris Benoit. Diamond \ Benoit whip Punk into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. There's a two count on the pin. CM Punk charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. CM Punk powers out of a Chris Benoit headlock. Punk hits a piledriver on Chris Benoit. That used to end matches, you know. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between CM Punk and Randy Orton. Spinebuster by Randy Orton. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Fallaway slam by Randy Orton puts down Chris Benoit. Chris Benoit is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Vertical suplex by Chris Benoit. Benoit tags out to Simon Diamond. Orton gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Diamond! Tag to CM Punk. Punk gets caught with a short powerbomb from Diamond. CM Punk slugs Simon Diamond, sending him down into the corner. While Punk fires up the crowd, Diamond is removing the turnbuckle pad! CM Punk comes over...but Diamond grabs him by the tights and uses the leverage to slingshot CM Punk face first into the exposed steel turnbuckle! Simon Diamond rolls up the stunned CM Punk: 1....2...3! How did the referee not see that? Punk and Orton don't look like they're finished by any means...and they rush forward to attack Diamond and Benoit, and send them to the outside. Threats are exchanged as the chaos ends.

My Opinion: Let me practice my math. 13 quarter stars equal a ***1\4 rating, right? Yeah, it does. That's what you get.

Snow: Evolution won the battle, but I think Orton and Punk won the war, at least for this evening!

Tenay: Yes, but look at Diamond and Benoit! They were a precise unit tonight, even after the announcement that they would be opponents at Summerslam! If this keeps up, then I would be very scared about Randy Orton’s chances of winning the World Heavyweight title!

Winners: Chris Benoit and Simon Diamond

Benoit and Diamond pose in the ring to end the show.

Edited by TheManErnieRowe

WWF News and Rumors

Raw scored a 5.62 rating this week, which was a bit disappointing to the office.

Adam Hastey and Erik Watts have been the first two former TNA stars to surface on WWF television. There are a few others who could join them in the near future, though most of the TNA roster has been released or sent to OVW.

For those of you wondering, Jim Ross really is trying to cut down on his work for the good of his health. Mike Tenay will be in J.R.'s spot for as long as needed, but it is also possible that J.R. will only return for commentating on special occasions.

After poor showings at house shows, the proposed Lance Storm vs Justin Credible match for Summerslam has been scrapped, at least for the time being.

Pepper Parks and Derrick King have both been released from their contracts. The WWF creative team was planning on adding Parks to the storyline involving Erik Watts and Don Callis, but Parks rejected the idea and was tired of being on Velocity every week.

Word has it that Matt Hardy is miserable backstage yet again. Hardy is upset over his two week reign with the WWF Championship and is not too happy about the depush he received after his matches with Chad Collyer failed to live up to expectations. Chris Benoit has also been complaining about the amount of time he gets in the ring each week.

Heat Spoilers

Hardcore Champion Frank Shamrock def Steve Corino

Shane Helms def Johnny C

Gail Kim def Lita

Bubba Ray Dudley def Steve Bradley

Current Summerslam Card!

WWF Championship Match: Rhyno © vs Paul London

World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Benoit © vs Simon Diamond vs Randy Orton

Retirement Match: AJ Styles vs Rob Van Dam

The Climatic Brawl: Raven, CM Punk, and Julio Dinero vs Christian, Test, and ???

United States Championship: Rodney Mack © vs Chad Collyer vs Johnny Stamboli vs Low Ki

Womens Championship: Trish Stratus © vs Victoria

T.B.A. on Heat: The Impact Players vs Ozzy Benton and Lodi

WWF Smackdown!

August 10th, 2006

Michael Cole and Tazz welcome us to another exciting episode of WWF Smackdown as the pyro explodes.

Cruiserweight Championship: Frankie Kazarian © vs AJ Styles

Match Background: This match is for the WWF Cruiserweight title. Frankie Kazarian has been WWF Cruiserweight champion since 16 July 2006.

The Match: Dropkick connects to the BUTT of the jaw and Kazarian goes down. AJ Styles gets taken down out of nowhere! Kazarian just WAFFLES Styles with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! The referee bumps after catching a wild right hand and is down. DDT from the top rope by Frankie Kazarian. That looked KILLER. Hooks the leg, but the referee is still out! Styles flips out of a Frankie Kazarian bodyslam attempt. Hard back suplex on Kazarian. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. SUPER frankensteiner on Kazarian, who hit hard. Hooks the leg for a two count. Kazarian walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one of those though? Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Frankie Kazarian once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Styles takes a NICE hurrancarana from Frankie Kazarian. Pin, but Styles is out just before the three count. Styles counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Frankie Kazarian can barely stand. Styles goes for a swinging neck-breaker, but the referee gets nailed by Kazarian’s feet. Kazarian counters out of the move and hits the same swinging neck-breaker on AJ Styles. He covers Styles, but the referee is out. Kazarian breaks the count to go check on the referee. Styles gets to his feet, and nails a fierce low blow! Here it comes - Styles Clash. Rob Van Dam quickly comes running down the aisle and into the ring! AJ Styles turns around. Rob Van Dam spins Styles around. Rob Van Dam hits the Five Star Slam! The referee comes to and sees RVD attacking Styles and calls for the DQ! Rob Van Dam has a chair. AJ Styles stands up...and gets floored by a shot to the head. Another two shots smack down across his back, leaving him unmoving on the canvas. RVD sets the chair up, then picks up AJ Styles. He gets whipped into the ropes...and then drop toe holded, sending him face first into the chair! Rob Van Dam has left Styles down and bloodied in the ring after a brutal assault!

My Opinion: A ***3/4 rating! Yay!

Tazz: RVD is reminding AJ Styles just exactly who he is!

Cole: Styles was about to cheat his way to the Cruiserweight Championship before Van Dam got involved! Now he’s left Styles a bloody mess!

Winner by DQ: AJ Styles

RVD in the back.

We come back from the commercial, and we see RVD in the backstage area. Josh Matthews runs up to him and asks RVD about the attack on AJ Styles.

RVD: August 20, 2006 is going to be one of the biggest nights in my career, man! I’m retiring, whether or not I beat AJ Styles! But, it would be way cool for me to finally pin that jack-ass one on one. Then, my career would be complete. You know something else, dude? I don’t think AJ is going to let me! I don’t think his manager, Don Callis, is going to let me. So that’s why I have taken a kind offer to heart. (Erik Watts appears).

Watts: That’s right. AJ Styles and Don Callis have dedicated their careers to hurting other people. That ends at Summerslam. There will be a fair fight between RVD and AJ Styles, because I am going to see to it. As far as Don Callis goes, I dare him to take a shot at me.

RVD: Damn right. I’m going to make sure that even after I retire on August 20, 2006, not a single person will ever forget the name of Rob… Van…. Dam!

SARS in the ring.

The Sanders Administration for Rhyno’s Success makes their way to the ring. The only missing member is Reno, who we last saw running from the police last week on Smackdown.

Sanders (angry): There seems to be some confusion within the ranks of SARS. You see, gentlemen, we are the Sanders Administration for RHYNO’S SUCCESS! This means that we dedicate our lives to seeing that Rhyno remains WWF Champion and that Rhyno does not ever have off weeks. To do this, we cannot afford “off weeks” ourselves. Last week, PAUL LONDON PINNED RHYNO! What do you call that? Success? NO! I call that failure.

(Sanders gets into Bill DeMott’s face).

Sanders: Bill, where were you last week during Rhyno’s match with Paul London? (DeMott shrugs). BILL, WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU WHILE RHYNO WAS GETTING PINNED BY PAUL FREAKING LONDON! (Rhyno is becoming irritated at the constant reminder of his loss).

DeMott: I was at the police station, trying to get bail for Reno.

Sanders: Well, HOW NICE! Since when did we become the Sanders Administration for RENO’S success?!? I don’t recall! Reno is of little concern to us when Rhyno is in the ring.

(Sanders turns his attention to Chuck Palumbo)

Sanders: And you! Where were you! Wait, don’t answer me! I’m sick of your excuses. As for Rodney Mack… you’re a busy man. You are United States champion, you were too busy worrying about your upcoming title defense to be fully able to prevent Rhyno’s loss. (Palumbo and DeMott appear irritated by this). Anyways, I pulled my weight around in the back, and tonight we’ve got ourselves a little handicap match. Rhyno, Rodney, and Chuck get to face the team of Paul London… Chad Collyer… and no one else! This is a week of redemption, gentlemen! Rhyno will redeem himself by beating the hell out of that punk, London. And Chuck, you will help in this beating, to redeem yourself for being so worthless last week! London and Collyer think they can take our titles away from us at Summerslam, and they are dead wrong.

(The group poses, as we cut to commercial).

Briscoe Boys vs Psychosis and Men's Teioh

Match Background: Last week the Briscoe Boys made their debut and upset Sean O’Haire and Chris Kanyon.

The Match: M.Briscoe just WAFFLES Psychosis with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Mark Briscoe hits a rolling kick on Psychosis. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. There's a two count on the pin. Tag to Jay Briscoe. Briscoe Boys whip Psychosis into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. Covers for a quick two count. J.Briscoe hits a dropkick on Psychosis and gets right back up. Psychosis is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. SUPER frankensteiner on J.Briscoe, who hit hard and is loopy as a result. Covers for a quick two count. Tag between Psychosis and Men's Teioh. J.Briscoe takes a NICE hurrancarana from Men's Teioh. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Hard back suplex on J.Briscoe. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Teoh walks into a drop toe hold. Flying elbow from Jay Briscoe connects. J.Briscoe tags out to Mark Briscoe. Spinning back kick from Mark Briscoe. Teoh tags out to Psychosis. Mark Briscoe hits a rolling kick on Psychosis. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Psychosis is in big trouble...Back Suplex Neckbreaker!! 1....2....3! Briscoe Boys climb opposite turnbuckles, working the crowd as they celebrate their victory.

My Opinion: A ***1\2 rating for a great match. Keep on trucking...you'll get there.

Cole: Another awesome win for this young duo!

Tazz: The Briscoe Boys are impressive yet again.

Winners: The Briscoe Boys

Johnny Stamboli vs Low Ki

Match Background: These two are going to be opponents in the fatal four-way match at Summerslam for the United States championship.

The Match: Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Low Ki by Stamboli. Remember when that was a legit finish? Low Ki gets hit with a HUGE clothesline. There's a two count on the pin. Low Ki backdrops Johnny Stamboli out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Low Ki. Stamboli is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. A Gut buster connects on Stamboli and hits hard. There's a two count on the pin. Belly to back suicideplex, Stamboli got folded up big time. Pin, but Stamboli is out just before the three count. Low Ki slams Johnny Stamboli down and motions to the crowd. Low Ki misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. A sit out full nelson slam on Low Ki. There's a two count on the pin. Flying spear out of the corner! Low Ki nearly got crushed into little bits! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Low Ki by Stamboli. Remember when that was a legit finish? Low Ki is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Johnny Stamboli misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Stun Gun from Low Ki! I still can't believe that was Austin's finisher at one point. Belly to back suicideplex, Stamboli got folded up big time. Low Ki ducks a Stamboli clothesline and does a quick roll up. Low Ki has a handful of tights! The referee hasn't seen it: 1....2....3!! I don't think the fight has finished. Johnny Stamboli and Low Ki have begun brawling again! They wind up brawling all the way down the aisle and out of view.

My Opinion: Consider yourself lucky, a ***1\4 is hard to get and it was earned every step of the way. Let's see if you can do better now.

Tazz: Oh my! Low Ki steals a win from Stamboli, but the Bull isn’t going to take it sitting down!

Cole: They are tearing each other apart!

Winner: Low Ki

The Heroes…

Chad Collyer enters his dressing room, and Paul London is sitting there.

Collyer: Hey man, ready for tonight?

London: As ready as I’m ever going to be.

Collyer: I hear you on that one. This isn’t going to be easy, but I think we can do it. You’ve pinned Rhyno twice!

London: Thanks, man… Hey, I was wondering…

Collyer: Yes?

London: When you won the WWF Championship at Wrestlemania… what was it like?

Collyer: It was the single greatest feeling I have ever felt. I had never felt more pride or honor than I did at that very moment. It made everything I’ve ever done in my career worth it.

London: Wow… maybe I’ll know what you mean at Summerslam.

Collyer: I have a feeling you will. You’ve earned this, Paul. Don’t forget that.

WWF Tag Team Championship: Basham Brothers © vs Matt Hardy and Matt Stryker

Match Background: Basham Brothers are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. Hardy and Stryker are teaming up as Mattitude 2.0 for the first time tonight. This match is for the WWF Tag Team titles. Basham Brothers have been WWF Tag Team champions since 16 July 2006. Last week, Stryker and Hardy beat the Bashams in a non-title match-up.

The Match: STIFF~! chop lights up Danny who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! BAAACK Body drop by Danny gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Matt Hardy Version 1.0 and Matt Stryker. Mattitude 2.0 whip Danny into the corner. Matt Hardy Version 1.0 whips Matt Stryker in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. Hooks the leg for a two count. Stryker uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Danny counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Stryker walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. Hooks the leg for a two count. Danny tags out to Doug Basham. Stryker walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! BAAACK Body drop by Stryker gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Matt Stryker is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Stryker uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Tag to Matt Hardy Version 1.0. Basham takes a back suplex. Tag between Doug Basham and Danny Basham. Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Hardy. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. Mattitude 2.0 have Danny Basham to themselves. Matt-attack!! 1....2....3! It's over. Haas and Benjamin just hit the ring with chairs! Stereo chair shots put down Basham Brothers! Hardy tries to attack, but gets beaten to the floor with punches and kicks. Matt Stryker has a brief offensive flurry, but gets nailed with a boot to the gut...and hit with the Doomsday Device! Haas and Benjamin have laid everyone out!

My Opinion: Absolutely solid match. A few minor things brought it down, so I'm tacking on a **** rating.

Cole: Hardy and Stryker are the new tag champs, but the World’s Greatest Tag Haas and Benjamin are beating them down!

Tazz: They were disrespected last week in that interview Stryker and Hardy had! They are just getting revenge this week, I admire that.

Winners and NEW WWF Tag Team Champions: Matt Hardy and Matt Stryker

Orlando Jordan is backstage.

Josh Matthews runs up to catch Orlando Jordan. He asks Jordan what he’s been up to since his profile has been low as of late.

Jordan: I’ve done a lot here on Smackdown. I’ve picked up some big wins over some big names and I’ve had my own share of rivalries. I guess you could say that I feel sort of unfulfilled though. I need more excitement, I need more risks. (Suddenly, Nunzio appears out of no where).

Nunzio: Is it risks you want? Maybe you should talk to me and my associates.

Josh: Nunzio! We haven’t seen you in weeks!

Nunzio: Oh, wow! Great observation, Sherlock! Well, I’m back and I’m badder than ever.

Jordan: What’s this talk about risks?

Nunzio: You know, take a chance. You and I have nothing against each other. Why don’t we team up?

Jordan (laughing): That is the lamest thing I’ve ever heard of!

Nunzio (angry): You think I’m kidding?

Jordan: I think you’re a moron.

Nunzio: Well, I think you’re an under-achiever!

(The two of them go nose to nose).

Jordan: Is that so?

Nunzio: Yeah! In fact, I’d go as far to say you suck!

Jordan: I’m not a violent person, you know. For the sake of keeping my good name, I’m going to pretend you just did not say that.

Nunzio: Oh yeah? Well, with that sort of attitude, you could find yourself in a world of hurt.

Jordan: We’ll just have to wait and see… shrimp.

COMMERCIAL!

As we come back from commercial, Michael Cole announces that the WWF Tag Team Championship will be on the line at Summerslam! The new champions Matt Stryker and Matt Hardy are going to face the Basham Brothers and Haas and Benjamin in a triple-threat tag team match.

Paul London and Chad Collyer vs Rhyno, Rodney Mack, and Chuck Palumbo

Match Background: This will be a 3 on 2 handicap bout. Rhyno is the reigning WWF World champion, and has been since 16 July 2006. Rodney Mack is the reigning WWF United States champion, and has been since 16 July 2006.

The Match: Chad Collyer charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Fallaway slam by Rodney Mack puts down Chad Collyer. Collyer backdrops Rodney Mack out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Chad Collyer. Springboard dropkick from Chad Collyer. Nicely done. Tag to Rhyno. STIFF high kick on Rhyno by Chad Collyer. Beautiful spinning arm drag out of the corner by Collyer. There's a two count on the pin. Rhyno counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Rhyno tags out to Chuck Palumbo. Palumbo \ Rhyno whip Collyer into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. Chuck Palumbo connects with rights and lefts and Chad Collyer is down! Chad Collyer charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Covers for a quick two count. Collyer walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Chuck Palumbo just KILLS Chad Collyer! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Tag between Chuck Palumbo and Rhyno. Rhyno \ Palumbo whip Collyer into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Hooks the leg for a two count. Rhyno hits some punches. How generic. Chad Collyer fights out of a grapple. Superkick by Chad Collyer practically knocks out all of Rhyno's teeth! Tag between Chad Collyer and Paul London. London \ Collyer whip Rhyno into the ropes and hit a double back elbow. Spinning bulldog in the corner and Rhyno is down! Covers for a quick two count. Tag between Rhyno and Rodney Mack. London just WAFFLES Mack with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Mack takes a NICE hurrancarana from Paul London. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Mack reverses a Paul London hammerlock. Tag to Chuck Palumbo. Mack \ Palumbo whip London into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. Chuck Palumbo with a spinning neckbreaker on London. There's a two count on the pin. Tag to Rhyno. London walks into a side slam. Impaler DDT by Rhyno just SPIKES Paul London down! London kicks Rhyno in the gut to reverse the momentum. Back heel kick off the second rope, Rhyno goes down. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Rhyno powers out of a headlock. Ring-shaking body slam on London. Rhyno floors London near the ropes and makes the pin. Rhyno is using the ropes for leverage! The referee hasn't seen it: 1....2....3!!

My Opinion: A badly blown spot prevents me from giving out more snowflakes. ***3/4

Tazz: There! Rhyno just pinned Paul London! Last week was a fluke!

Cole: What the hell are you talking about! Rhyno just cheated his way to that victory! You saw it, I saw it, all of our great fans across the world saw it!

Tazz: Whatever, Cole. If you ask me, we’re going to be seeing something very similar to this at Summerslam!

Winners: Rhyno, Rodney Mack, and Chuck Palumbo

The show ends with SARS posing on the entrance ramp. Collyer is attending to London in the ring, and he looks pissed.

WWF Raw

August 14, 2006

Mike Tenay and Al Snow welcome us to another exciting edition of Raw! They pimp the upcoming Summerslam event and Tenay announces that World Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit will be facing the Intercontinental Champion, Tommy Dreamer, in a non-title contest later tonight. But first…

Stevie Richards vs Billy Kidman

Match Background: Billy Kidman made his Raw debut last week and scored an upset over Evolution (along with Masato Tanaka).

The Match: STIFF high kick on Stevie by Billy Kidman. Kidman drops an elbow...but Stevie Richards moves out of the way. Kidman is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. Stevie Richards scores with a standing spinebuster. Cover, but there's no one to count for Stevie Richards! Kidman ducks a wild right hand. Kidman uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Flying reverse elbow by Billy Kidman. Hooks the leg for a two count. Diamond Dust from Billy Kidman and Stevie is out! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Kidman drops an elbow...but Stevie Richards moves out of the way. Kidman walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Kidman kicks Stevie Richards in the gut to reverse the momentum. Billy Kidman floors Stevie Richards...and climbs the turnbuckles. Shooting Star Press!!! 1....2....3!! It's all over. Triple H comes running down the aisle, and gets into the ring! Triple H spins Kidman around. Triple H hits the Pedigree! Billy Kidman has been left down on the canvas.

My Opinion: I'm capable of giving out high star ratings...but only for matches that really deserve it. This one didn't. **1/4.

Snow: Triple H scores a nasty attack on Kidman!

Tenay: That was uncalled for! It’s not Billy Kidman’s fault if Evolution can’t beat him in a match.

Snow: They can sure beat him outside of a match though. Shawn Michael’s new rule only protects superstars from the numbers game while a sanctioned match is taking place!

Winner: Billy Kidman

Trish Stratus Speaks

The coach is with Trish Stratus. He asks her about her situation with Victoria.

Trish: Victoria? Victoria who? Oh, that Victoria! The same Victoria who whined and moaned and bitched her way into the number one Contendership position. In all honesty, I want Victoria in the ring as much as she wants me! She’s attacked me on countless occasions! So far I’ve been able to avoid lowering myself to her levels by attacking her from behind, but I am seriously tempted tonight! I just wish the best of luck to Taylor Matheny tonight. I hope she beats Victoria in that ring and I hope I can face her at Summerslam.

Tenay: A great display of integrity from the Womens Champion.

Non-title match: Hardcore Champion Frank Shamrock vs Christian

Match Background: This will be a hardcore bout. Frank Shamrock is the reigning WWF Hardcore champion, and has been since 27 June 2006.

Snow: Apparently Christian asked for this match after the announcement last week that he’s facing Raven, Julio, and CM Punk at Summerslam. He wants to make sure he’s going to be able to withstand their onslaught by challenging the Hardcore Champion to a non-title match.

The Match: Christian drives a HARD forearm into the chest of Frank. Frank gets nailed with an old school NES to the head! There's better uses for that thing! A Gut buster connects on Frank and hits hard. Frank Shamrock takes a butterfly suplex from Christian. Frank counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Frank Shamrock finds a bag of Styrofoam popcorn and nails Christian with it! Can you believe that? Christian gets rocked with a brutal elbow to the jaw by Frank. A few more of those and Christian will go down worse than Bart Gunn at 'Mania 15. Covers for a quick two count. Christian reverses a hip toss. Reverse DDT on Frank. Hooks the leg for a two count. Brutal sit out powerbomb on Frank! Pin, but Frank is out just before the three count. Frank Shamrock pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Frank drives a HARD forearm into the chest of Christian. Christian powers out of a headlock. Frank tastes a high angle back suplex. If Spike Lee can sue TNN over the Spike TV nonsense, then Kurt Angle should be able to sue SOMEONE for that. Christian moves in for the kill. Here it comes - Unprettier. 1....2...3, it's finished. Christian goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Tenay: An impressive victory by the CLB!

Snow: But look who’s on the stage!

Winner: Christian

The New Flock have words.

Raven (clapping): Now that is more like it! You just took out a genuine warrior, Christian, and my hat is off to you. However, you are going to have to try harder than that at Summerslam. I have known Julio and Punk for a long time and I have never seen them so focused. I hope you and Test are going to be ready for us… and I hope your third partner is up for the challenge as well.

Christian: You’re damn right that Test and I are going to be ready! And we have our third partner! He’s an old acquaintance of your’s Raven. He’s anxious to get his hands on you as well.

Raven: I welcome his challenge! I have never faced an opponent who I would ever back down from if asked to face again. Quote the Raven, and nevermore!

Randy Orton vs Steve Corino

Before the match, Orton grabs a mic.

Orton: For a long time now, I have believed that I have what it takes to be a world champion. I’ve come close in the past, but came up short. But this Sunday… at Summerslam… I have a good feeling. This is going to be my time. I’m going to walk into Summerslam the challenger, and I’m going to leave with my name added to the record books. I, Randy Orton, will be the World Heavyweight Champion!

Match Background: Randy Orton will be participating in the Raw main event at Summerslam, against Chris Benoit and Simon Diamond for the World Heavyweight Championship. Corino is coming off of a losing streak to Tommy Dreamer.

The Match: Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Randy Orton by Corino. Remember when that was a legit finish? Nice piledriver on Orton. Hooks the leg for a two count. Corino charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Orton slams Steve Corino. Orton slams Steve Corino down and motions to the crowd. There's a two count on the pin. Brutal sit out powerbomb on Corino! Pin, but Corino is out just before the three count. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Steve Corino by Orton. Remember when that was a legit finish? Steve Corino elbows Randy Orton in the face to break a hammerlock. Full nelson slam on Orton. Covers for a quick two count. Powerbomb on Orton. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Randy Orton charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Orton takes a headbutt from Steve Corino. Randy Orton elbows Steve Corino in the face to break a hammerlock. Flying shoulder tackle by Orton sends Corino CRASHING to the mat. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Randy Orton connects and Steve Corino is down! Randy Orton moves in for the kill. Here it comes - RKO. 1....2...3, it's finished.

Chris Benoit comes walking down the aisle with a chair, and gets into the ring! The two men stand and glare at each other. Finally, Benoit strikes Orton with the chair! Benoit climbs to the top rope and gets ready for a diving head-BUTT, but Orton moves out of the way. As Benoit recovers, Orton grabs the chair and nails Benoit over the head with it. Orton talks smack and leaves.

Tenay: A decisive victory by the third generation superstar!

Snow: Orton didn’t miss a beat tonight! He won his match and fought off the World Champion!

My Opinion: A ***3/4 rating! Yay!

Winner: Randy Orton

Taylor Matheny vs Victoria

Match Background: The winner of this match will face Trish Stratus at Summerslam.

The Match: Taylor Matheny with a spinning neckbreaker on Victoria. Spear by Taylor Matheny. Covers for a quick two count. Victoria once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Victoria ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. Bodyslam by Victoria. There's a two count on the pin. Brutal sit out powerbomb on Taylor! Pin, but Taylor is out just before the three count. Victoria with a spinning neckbreaker on Taylor. Taylor kicks Victoria in the gut to reverse the momentum. Taylor crushes Victoria with a running senton. There's a two count on the pin. Powerbomb on Victoria. Pin, but Victoria is out just before the three count. Big dropkick by Taylor Matheny, who got a ton of air on the move. Taylor Matheny hits some punches. How generic. Victoria blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! BAAACK Body drop by Taylor gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Victoria brings out a jumping powerbomb to nearly murder Taylor in the ring! Taylor Matheny is in trouble. Here it comes - Widow's Peak. 1....2...3, it's finished. Victoria remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Tenay: Victoria has become the number one contender for the Womens Championship again!

Snow: You can be sure that Trish Stratus will be ready for Victoria though.

Winner: Victoria

Mind Games

The old theme to D-Generation X blasts through the arena, and the crowd goes nuts… until they realize that it’s Austin Lee and Adam Hastey. They make their way to the ring and do the same crotch chops as the “X” pyro goes off behind them. They are handed a microphone.

Lee: Hey, anyone remember that? That was cool, right? How can you not love a duo of young guns like myself and Adam who disobey authority! I mean, we just flat-out rock!

Hastey: That’s right, Austin. Only it would seem that our General Manager, Shawn Michaels, would fully disagree. However, what kind of GM is Shawn Michaels? I’ll tell you what he is, Michaels is a hypocrite!

Lee: That’s right! Do we really need a hypocrite running the show on Raw? Do we need someone who put so much emphasis on disobeying authority and breaking the rules in his prime telling us that we need to behave now that he is the one in charge!

Hastey: Now “The Man” is not here tonight! Why? Who knows! He’s probably on some sort of sissy religious retreat. But next week, Austin and I are going to beat the hell out of Shawn Michaels! We’re not going to waste our time trying to be sneaky about it, we’re just telling it like it is. Shawn Michaels will dance his goofy ass into this ring, and then we shall proceed to beat the crap out of him!

Lee: Hope you don’t miss this party, Shawn! You are the guest of honor!

Tenay: These two punks make me sick! They are not only questioning the authority of HBK, but they are making a mockery out of HBK’s legacy!

Lance Storm vs Ozzy Benton

Match Background: The Impact Players are facing Ozzy Benton and Lodi on Sunday Night Heat, before Summerslam.

The Match: Storm receives some punishment by Ozzy Benton but with that horrid offense, we're the only ones truly being punished. Storm ducks a wild right hand. Benton gets rocked with a brutal elbow to the jaw by Storm. A few more of those and Benton will go down worse than Bart Gunn at 'Mania 15. Power drive elbow by Lance Storm. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Lance Storm moves in for the kill. Here it comes - Super Kick. 1....2...3, it's finished. Lodi comes running down the aisle with a chair! Lance Storm is just about to leave the ring...and only just manages to duck in time to avoid Lodi hitting a brutal chair shot! Lance Storm knocks the chair away. Lance Storm spins Lodi around. Lance Storm hits the Super Kick! Lodi tried an ambush, but it has backfired. As Storm exits, Ozzy lifts up Lodi and powerbombs him!

My Opinion: I'll give it a *1\2 rating. Consider getting more stars to be the adventure of a lifetime. Get started.

Tenay: Ozzy just took his anger out on his tag partner once again!

Snow: Looks as if there is trouble in paradise!

Tenay: Oh, would you stop it!

Winner: Lance Storm

The Coach with Spanky

Jonathan Coachman is with Brian Kendrick in the back. He plays Q&A with him.

Coach: Who was your favorite little rascal?

Kendrick: I would have to say Spanky. That kid influenced me in more ways than one.

Coach: What was the last movie that made you cry?

Kendrick: Probably “Ready To Rumble.” The part where DDP falls through three stories of cage made me cry for weeks.

Coach: What is your favorite color?

Kendrick: Oh, that’s a hard one… and a toss up between flamingo pink and neon green.

Coach: What would you like to accomplish on Raw?

Kendrick: I want to be the World Heavyweight Champion.

Coach: What?!? You are kidding?

Kendrick: No… I don’t see what is so funny about that concept.

Coach: Well, good luck with THAT.

Kendrick: Oh, you just wait and see… I will be the World Champion. Maybe not tonight and maybe not tomorrow… but someday. You just wait and see.

Non-title match: World Champion Chris Benoit vs IC Champion Tommy Dreamer

Match Background: Chris Benoit is the reigning World Heavyweight champion, and has been since 27 June 2006. Tommy Dreamer is the reigning WWF Intercontinental champion, and has been since 20 February 2006.

The Match: Back suplex on Dreamer. Chris Benoit connects with rights and lefts and Tommy Dreamer is down! Vertical suplex by Chris Benoit. Running knee lift from Chris Benoit. Benoit drops an elbow...but Tommy Dreamer moves out of the way. Flying shoulder tackle by Dreamer sends Benoit CRASHING to the mat. Massive backbreaker on Benoit and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. Covers for a quick two count. Dreamer charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Doctor Bomb connects and Dreamer landed hard. There's a two count on the pin. Chris Benoit scores with a standing spinebuster. Pin, but Dreamer is out just before the three count. Chris Benoit gets taken down out of nowhere! Dreamer scoops and slams Chris Benoit. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Chris Benoit fights out of a grapple. Big dropkick by Chris Benoit, who got a ton of air on the move. Chris Benoit floors Tommy Dreamer. Here it comes...Crippler Crossface! Tommy Dreamer taps! Benoit spits on Dreamer as he lays in the ring.

Tenay: What a sickening display of sportsmanship, or lack of, from the World Champion!

Snow: He beat Dreamer cleanly, but spitting on him! There is no place in the WWF for that sort of conduct.

Winner: Chris Benoit

Simon’s Music Plays

Benoit stands in the ring, surprised by the entrance of Simon Diamond. Diamond climbs into the ring with a microphone.

Simon: Surprised to see me, Chris? I bet you and all the morons in the audience are just dying to know what I’m doing here as well. I’m here to tell you two things. Number one, Shawn Michaels sent a memo announcing that our triple threat match at Summerslam is now an elimination match! I discussed this with Triple H and he advised that we double team Randy Orton during the match, and then I lay down for you. (Benoit nods approvingly). You like that idea, eh? Well, guess what: I DON’T! (Benoit becomes very serious). I know we are teammates and I know that we look out for each other… but it’s MY turn! I have been in Evolution since I came to WWF and where has it taken me? I spent many years interfering in matches on behalf of Triple H, Batista, even that asshole Randy Orton, and even your matches. Did anyone have my back? One person did. That was Ken Shamrock, and he’s suspended until Monday. These past few weeks have shown me a lot, Chris. Without my support in Evolution, I realized just how worthless being in this group has been. So with that in mind, I quit! You are going to have to deal with me any way you can at Summerslam, Chris! Because I am coming for your title, and I want it bad!

With that, Benoit slaps Simon across the face. Simon then slaps Benoit back. Then they start brawling. Randy Orton comes running down the ramp with a chair. He hits Benoit over the head with the chair AGAIN and then nails Simon Diamond with the RKO! Both men are down, until Orton turns around to see Triple H running in from the audience. Triple H goes for the pedigree, but Orton counters it and lifts up HHH.

Tenay: MY GOD, Randy isn’t going to do what I think he’s going to do!

Tenay’s fears are justified when Orton delivers a TOMBSTONE piledriver to Triple H!

Snow: ARGH! We haven’t seen a tombstone in the WWF in years! What an unexpected move from Randy Orton!

Tenay: Chris Benoit’s World Title is in serious jeopardy!

Orton plays to the crowd to a huge pop and then makes his exit to end the show.

Your show's are great man! I can't wait for Summerslam. :headbang:

Thanks for the encouraging feedback, man! This is what motivates me to update more frequently :)

I'm looking to have Smackdown up in a few days and Summerslam will most likely be up by Saturday night (i'm in college, so I have to budget my time).

Okay, the stats for those three are:

Ozzy Benton: The straight tag team partner of Lodi. He is a heavyweight.

Over: 42

Brawl: 63

Speed: 38

Technical: 16

Charisma: 90

Morale: 100

Condition: 100

Speaks: Yes

He does high spots as well.

Lodi: The gay tag partner of Ozzy Benton, and "life partner" of Rico, who has been injured.

Over: 93

Brawl: 37

Speed: 59

Technical: 52

Charisma: 90

Morale: 96

Lodi is also an announcer.

Julio Dinero: The loyal friend of CM Punk and Raven.

Over: 84

Brawl: 87

Speed: 83

Technical: 77

Charisma: 78

Morale: 100

Julio can take high spots.

A few notes... Smackdown will either be up tonight or tomorrow at some point. It depends on how well my other responsibilities go. I've already put Summerslam through EWR and I think it's going to be worth the wait :)

For the PPV, I'm planning on writing some more extensive reports than what I normally write. Since it is a special show, I'm going to try to put the extra effort in (plus, if I write it on the weekend, I'll have the time to). I'm also going to be adding little things like match time and such.

Thank you to anyone reading this! I really appreciate it and I hope you're all enjoying it!

Smackdown might be up tonight. If not, then tomorrow!

edit: I'm in a creative slump, so it will be a bit later than i thought. I have the shows booked, I just need to make them interesting.

Edited by TheManErnieRowe

WWF Smackdown

August 17, 2006

Michael Cole and Tazz welcome us to the final Smackdown before Summerslam! They announce that tonight’s main event is a six man tag featuring the team of AJ Styles, Matt Stryker, and Low Ki vs Rob Van Dam, Erik Watts, and Johnny Stamboli. They remind us that Low Ki and Stamboli are both in the fatal four way for the U.S. title at Summerslam. The first match is set!

Orlando Jordan vs Men's Teioh

The Match: Hard back suplex on Jordan. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Flying reverse elbow by Men's Teioh. There's a two count on the pin. Jordan counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Orlando Jordan connects with a HARD right hand, sending the opponent down to the mat again. Flying elbow from Orlando Jordan connects. There's a two count on the pin. Orlando Jordan plants Teoh with an EXPLODAH~! suplex. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Men's Teioh takes a butterfly suplex from Jordan. Men's Teioh powers out of a Orlando Jordan headlock. Teoh crushes Jordan with a huge legdrop. Hooks the leg for a two count. Diamond Dust from Men's Teioh and Jordan is out! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Flying elbow from Men's Teioh connects. Jordan walks into a high dropkick from Men's Teioh, almost losing several teeth in the process. Men's Teioh misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Jordan. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. Wicked suplex out of the corner from Orlando Jordan, is executed so well, it hurt MY back. Orlando Jordan floors Men's Teioh...and climbs the turnbuckles. Through the air, Moonsault! 1....2....3. Nunzio comes running down the aisle, and gets into the ring! Nunzio drops Jordan to the canvas. Nunzio quickly locks on the Sicillian Crab! Orlando Jordan has been left down on the canvas. Nunzio stands up and poses and then stomps on Jordan a few times for good measure.

Cole: What the hell is Nunzio doing?!? This attack was completely uncalled for!

Tazz: Jordan disrespected Nunzio last week in that interview. If someone did that to me, I’d whip their ass too.

My Opinion: Great match. Most people would give it **** or more, but I guess I'm a harsh grader. ***3/4 for you.

Winner: Orlando Jordan.

A focused duo.

Josh Matthews is standing in the back with AJ Styles and his manager, Don Callis. Josh asks them how they feel about RVD aligning with Erik Watts.

Callis: It is no secret how I feel about Erik Watts. The man is a disgrace to our sport. His very presence here on Smackdown makes me sick to my stomach! And what’s this they say that RVD can beat Styles in a fair fight? That’s just absurd! RVD couldn’t beat AJ Styles last year, when RVD was in his prime. He has no chance now!

Styles: He knows this too. That is why he has Watts. He’s going to have Watts interfere on his behalf for sure. Don will be in my corner for the match on Summerslam. I’ll be damned if I go down in history as the man who lost to a retiring cripple!

Callis: But Summerslam is still four days away. In the mean time, we have tonight’s match to worry about. Three of my clients step in to face the cowardly duo of Erik Watts and RVD and… (Low Ki forces his way in).

Low Ki: Johnny Stamboli! You have no right to challenge for the United States championship. You have done nothing in your career to receive such a spot. You have no honor! I will expose you for the weakling that you are tonight, and then once again at Summerslam!

Cuts to commercial.

Shelton Benjamin vs Matt Hardy Version 1.0 vs Danny Basham

Match Background: This will be a triangle bout. Each man is part of a tag team that is facing each other in a triple threat tag match at Summerslam. Matt Hardy is currently one half of the tag team champions, winning the belts with Matt Stryker last week on Smackdown!

The Match: Big forearm by Matt Hardy Version 1.0 makes me want to go to the mirror and check MY teeth. Shelton drives a HARD forearm into the chest of Hardy. Danny Basham is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Spear by Danny Basham. Spear by Danny Basham. There's a two count on the pin. Blind lariat by Shelton was downright NASTY! Danny never...saw...it coming! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Danny Basham powers out of a Shelton Benjamin headlock. Shelton walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. Front legsweep slam aka The Stroke by Matt Hardy Version 1.0. Danny Basham tries to get a big slam, but it is blocked when Hardy goes to the eyes! Matt Hardy Version 1.0 quickly scores with a field-goal kick between the legs! Danny Basham collapses! The referee didn't see the illegal blow! 1...2...3! Danny Basham got screwed!

Cole: Matt Hardy just cheated to pin Basham!

Tazz: This could be a real indicator of what is going to happen at Summerslam!

Cole: Don’t rule out Haas and Benjamin though. They don’t like the Bashams or Hardy and Stryker! The triple threat tag match could go anywhere!

Winner: Matt Hardy

Rhyno and Sanders are feeling Good.

The SARS entrance theme plays and Rhyno and Mike Sanders make their way to the ring. Rhyno is clutching his WWF Championship belt a little tighter than normal, which Michael Cole is sure to point out.

Sanders: This Sunday at Summerslam, Rhyno will defend his WWF Championship against the undeserving Paul London. Sure, London has gotten lucky a couple of times in the past few weeks, but that was all fluke. I bet London is in the back feeling pretty damn proud of himself. Well, soak it up while you can, Paul! This Sunday is going to be your wake-up call! You are going to realize once and for all that you are out of your league. You cannot compete on the same level of Rhyno, or any other member of SARS for that matter!

Rhyno: PAUL! I am about to face Taka Michinoku! I do not want to see your worthless ass out here for a second during my match! I’m feeling good tonight, so I’m going to make you a little proposition. If you know what’s good for you, stay out of my match! If you do, I won’t gore your ass during your match with Kid Kash later tonight. It’s your call, Paul. Don’t make this any freaking harder on yourself than it already is! Mike was right, Paul. You are OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE! But I’m going to be nice, you weakling. At Summerslam, I will make FAST work out of you and then you won’t ever have to face me again! I will leave you alone FOREVER!! Because when I gore you to the floor at Summerslam, you are going to be laying there, looking up at me as I hold my WWF Championship over my head! And when this happens, you will KNOW that you do not belong in any main event! You will KNOW your place in this company! Better yet, you will know not to MESS with those who are BETTER than you! It is a hard learned lesson, bitch. And it is about freaking time you learned that.

Non-title match: WWF Champion Rhyno vs TAKA Michinoku

Match Background: Rhyno is the reigning WWF World champion, and has been since 16 July 2006.

The Match: Rhyno hits a right hand. Bodyslam by Rhyno. Covers for a quick two count. TAKA Michinoku fights out of a grapple. Implant DDT by TAKA Michinoku! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Standing leg lariat by TAKA Michinoku on Rhyno. Spin kick by TAKA Michinoku to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Rhyno kicks TAKA Michinoku in the gut to reverse the momentum. Ring-shaking body slam on TAKA. TAKA Michinoku can barely stand. Here it comes - Gore. 1....2...3, it's finished. TAKA Michinoku leaves and walks back down the aisle. Wait...Rhyno comes running as well, and TAKA gets dropped with a clothesline, followed by a load of stomps. He is left lying in the aisle.

My Opinion: Slightly above average match. Only gets a **3\4 rating from me.

Cole: Rhyno just destroyed Taka!

Tazz: He’s sending Paul London another message, Cole! He’s just showing us a taste of things to come! My prediction is that London goes down as fast at Taka just did!

Cole: That’s nonsense! London has already beaten Rhyno twice! I think Rhyno is just trying to convince himself that he can even beat London!

Winner: Rhyno

A Past and Future Champion

Chad Collyer is backstage with Josh Matthews.

Josh: Chad Collyer, you are a former WWF Champion, yet this Sunday you will be competing for the United States championship. How do you feel about this?

Collyer: Yes, I have been to the top already, but to me, this is just another challenge that I have not yet accomplished. My good friend, Paul London, is getting his shot at immortality this Sunday, and that is cool with me. I’m going to be the first to congratulate him. As far as the United States title goes, I have not yet held it. It’s wonderful to say that I’m a “former WWF Champion” but I want to secure my place in history as well. Years from now, when I retire, I want to be able to also be known as a “former U.S. Champion” as well. Only when I have accomplished all that I can in this business, will I be truly satisfied. And as far as my competitors go… Johnny Stamboli is a hell of a guy. He’s had my back during rough times, and I respect him. Low Ki? He talks an awful lot about “honor” yet he very rarely displays any himself. And Rodney Mack? I often wonder how he can live with himself, dedicating his career to serving Mike Sanders and Rhyno. He’s the U.S. Champion, he should have some pride. But that will not matter after I’m through with him. Next week on Smackdown, I’m going to make my entrance and the graphic you see at the bottom of your screen will say “United States Champion: Chad Collyer.”

Cole: I don’t’ know if I have ever seen a competitor as focused and determined as Chad Collyer!

Tazz: And I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so delusional about their lot in life. This guy was WWF Champion and he blew it!

Cole: He did not blow it! Rhyno stole the title from him!

Tazz: So he should steal it back!

Cole: Chad Collyer doesn’t feel the need to do so! With his determination and his dedication, he knows that he will get his shot again!

Paul London vs Kid Kash

Match Background: London is the number one contender for the WWF Championship. London also neglected to interfere in Rhyno’s match earlier in the show, so if Rhyno keeps his word, this will be a fair contest.

The Match: Paul London strikes Kash. Paul London gets taken down out of nowhere! Standing leg lariat by Kid Kash on London. Kash whips London into the turnbuckles...and the ref is crushed! Diamond Dust from Kid Kash and London is out! Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! London flips out of a Kid Kash bodyslam attempt. Paul London hits a rolling kick on Kash. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Lightning kick by London on Kash. Hooks the leg for a two count. Kash walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one though? Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Kid Kash fights out of a grapple. Lightning kick by Kash on London. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Paul London avoids a Kid Kash avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Paul London floors Kid Kash...and climbs the turnbuckles. London Calling!!! 1....2....3!! It's all over. Rhyno comes running down the aisle, and gets into the ring! Paul London is ready though, and strikes first! Paul London slams Rhyno down. Paul London climbs to the top rope and hits the London Calling! Rhyno has been left down on the canvas. The attempted ambush has backfired.

Tazz: Rhyno kept his word! He didn’t interfere in the match, but he was ready to strike afterwards!

Cole: He tried to at least! Paul London was able to fend off the attack!

Tazz: I cannot believe this is happening! Rhyno is better than this!

My Opinion: Great match, especially with the time given. I say ****, and no more!

Cole: So, Tazz, you still think Rhyno is going to wipe the floor with London?

Tazz: Everyone has their off nights, Cole. This has just been another one for Rhyno.

Cole: Seems to me that Rhyno has been having a lot of off nights lately.

Winner: Paul London

Non-title match: Chad Collyer vs U.S. ChampionRodney Mack

Match Background: Rodney Mack is the reigning WWF United States champion, and has been since 16 July 2006.

The Match: Chad Collyer strikes Mack. Mack walks into a high dropkick from Chad Collyer, almost losing several teeth in the process. Second rope flying axe handle, Mack goes down. One day, Collyer might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Collyer hits a dropkick on Rodney Mack and gets right back up. Mack reverses a Chad Collyer hammerlock. Mack slams Chad Collyer down and motions to the crowd. Nice piledriver on Collyer. There's a two count on the pin. Collyer blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Collyer crushes Mack with a running senton. Covers for a quick two count. Mack walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one of those though? Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Rodney Mack comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Collyer is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Collyer backdrops Rodney Mack out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Chad Collyer. Chad Collyer hits a rolling kick on Mack. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his shitty execution of it. Rodney Mack is in trouble. Spinning DVD!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! I don't think the fight has finished. Chad Collyer and Mack have begun brawling again! They wind up brawling all the way down the aisle and out of view.

My Opinion: Some blown spots really drag this match down a notch, so its ***1\2 for you.

Cole: These two men are destroying each other!

Tazz: Tensions are high going into Summerslam! I have no idea who is going to come out on top in that fatal four-way!

Winner: Chad Collyer

Jordan makes a challenge!

Josh Matthews runs down the hallway in the back to catch up with Orlando Jordan, who is leaving for the night. He asks Jordan how he feels about Nunzio’s ambush.

Jordan: I’m pissed off! Nunzio thinks he is so tough jumping me like that, well that’s just fine! I’m not a violent person, but I am not going to stand for this. I’m going to be at Summerslam, and I am going to go out to the ring. If Nunzio is half the man he thinks he is, he will come out and accept a singles match against me. Consider this a challenge!

Cole: Jordan just challenged Nunzio to a match at Summerslam!

Tazz: No kidding, Cole. I heard him too!

The History of Styles vs RVD.

A video package based on the history between RVD and AJ Styles plays. It covers:

Vengeance 2004: Rob Van Dam pins Shelton Benjamin to win the WWE Championship! Then it shows AJ Styles winning the U.S. title from Chris Benoit on the same show. Two weeks later, RVD is required to go to rehab, leaving Styles to be the star of Smackdown in his absence.

WrestleMania XXI: AJ Styles wins the WWF Championship from Rob Van Dam in the Smackdown Main Event after Don Callis interferes.

Judgment Day 05: Styles retains WWF Championship against RVD when Rodney Mack interferes.

Summerslam 05: Styles retains WWF Championship against RVD again, but this time… it’s a clean victory.

AJ Styles, Matt Stryker, and Low Ki vs Johnny Stamboli, Erik Watts, and Rob Van Dam

Match Background: This is Rob Van Dam’s last Smackdown ever. He is retiring at Summerslam, regardless of whether or not he beats AJ Styles. RVD recruited Erik Watts for the match to make sure that Style’s manager, Don Callis, would remain neutral in the match up.

The Match: Styles just WAFFLES RVD with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Hard back suplex on RVD. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Tag between AJ Styles and Low Ki. Rob Van Dam takes a butterfly suplex from Low Ki. Rob Van Dam got absolutely creamed by a KILLER back suplex. There's a two count on the pin. Low Ki tags out to Matt Stryker. Low Ki \ Stryker whip RVD into the corner. Low Ki whips Matt Stryker in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. RVD counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Big kick from RVD staggers Stryker but that's about it. RVD tags out to Johnny Stamboli. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Matt Stryker by Stamboli. Remember when that was a legit finish? Flying spear out of the corner! Stryker nearly got crushed into little bits! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Stamboli slams Matt Stryker down and motions to the crowd. Tag to Erik Watts. Erik Watts hits Stryker. Stryker gets splashed in the corner. Erik Watts misses a clothesline. Tag between Matt Stryker and AJ Styles. Flying elbow from AJ Styles connects. Tag to Rob Van Dam. Styles takes a chop from RVD. Styles kicks Rob Van Dam in the gut to reverse the momentum. Rob Van Dam is in trouble. Styles Clash! 1....2....3.

My Opinion: Slightly above average match. Only gets a **3\4 rating from me. Thank God this is RVD’s last Smackdown!

Tazz: AJ Styles beats Rob Van Dam! This is exactly what is going to happen at Summerslam!

Cole: Think again, Tazz! All AJ Styles did tonight was fuel the fire in Rob Van Dam! After tonight, he’s going to be more determined than ever to make sure he ends his WWF career on a high note (no pun intended).

Winners: AJ Styles, Matt Stryker, and Low Ki.

After the match, Low Ki and Johnny Stamboli start up a brawl that sends them fighting into the audience. Erik Watts helps RVD to his feet while Don Callis raise the hands of AJ Styles and Matt Stryker in victory. The show ends with a stare-down between RVD and Styles.

Guest Corino 1000

Holy shit great Smackdown! I love your angles I definitly am looking foward to Summerslam. Keep up the good work.

2006 Summerslam!

August 20, 2006

Mike Tenay and Al Snow welcome us to Sunday Night Heat! Heat covers:

-History between RVD and AJ Styles.

- Recaps the London/Rhyno feud.

- Recaps the events leading to the World Title triple threat match.

As fans are gathering into the arena, the special Heat match before the pay-per-view starts!.

Impact Players vs Ozzy Benton and Lodi

Match Background: Tensions have been high between the members of both teams. Storm and Credible are on a bad luck streak while Ozzy and Lodi have been going through a “domestic squabble.”

The Match: Benton walks into a high dropkick from Lance Storm, almost losing several teeth in the process. Benton gets caught with a short powerbomb from Storm. Covers for a quick two count. Storm tags out to Justin Credible. Impact Players whip Benton into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Covers for a quick two count. Benton gets splashed in the corner. Benton flips out of a Justin Credible bodyslam attempt. Ozzy Benton hits a sloppy double axe handle off the top. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag to Lodi. Lodi tries to channel the power of Kawada, but ends up channeling the power of Trish Stratus instead by hitting a high kick on Justin Credible. Pin, but Credible is out just before the three count. Lodi arm drags Credible over and locks on an armbar. Credible powers out of a headlock. Credible slams Lodi down. Lodi is sure in trouble now. Tag to Lance Storm. Lodi takes a back suplex. Tag between Lodi and Ozzy Benton. Implant DDT by Lance Storm! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Ozzy Benton climbs to the top rope, ready to leap at Storm. Lodi bounces off the ropes for an elbow drop without seeing his partner, and crotches Benton by accident. Ozzy Benton is in trouble. Super Kick! 1....2....3. Justin Credible and Lance Storm embrace and exit! Meanwhile, in the ring. Ozzy Benton is screaming at the top of his lungs. Lodi pleads to calm him down, but it is no good. Benton pushes Lodi down and then puts him in the position to deliver a fierce power-slam, when suddenly… RICO appears out of no where! Rico slams Benton to the mat and then sets him up for his special kick. Benton is down again. Lodi and Rico embrace and the fans cheer even though both men are heels.

Snow: Aww, isn’t that cute! This almost makes me forget the tactics Rico and Lodi used to use to pick up victories!

Tenay: Cheap tactics aside, this is a great moment for these two. Ozzy Benton had this coming and as painful as it is to say this, but it’s about time someone stood up for Lodi.

My Opinion: A wise man once said 'Can I get a side of bland with that bland'. He's dead now, though. That's what this match was...bland. **

Winners at 3:45: Lance Storm and Justin Credible

Sunday Night Heat ends with a video package hyping London vs Rhyno set to the hot new song from Powerman 5000! The 2006 Summerslam is about to begin!

The special Summerslam pyro explodes and the show begins! Al Snow and Mike Tenay thank us for joining them! Raven’s music plays and out comes the entire group (Raven, CM Punk, Julio Dinero, and Alexis Laree).

Next, the music of the Beautiful People stable (the group consisted of Christian, Test, and Kid Romeo before Romeo went down with an injury). Christian and Test enter and pose by the curtains. Christian has a microphone.

Christian: Raven! It’s so good to see you, man! I was afraid that you would be too chicken to even show up! (Raven flips Christian off). Oh, that’s real nice, same to you, asshole! I’m sick of this crap, Raven! This ends tonight and to make sure it does I have brought someone special in just to help me beat you. You might recognize him, ladies and gentlemen… I present to you… Jeff Jarrett!

Tenay: DAMMIT, NO! I had hoped and prayed that I had seen the last of Jeff Jarrett!

Raven, CM Punk, and Julio Dinero vs Jeff Jarrett, Christian, and Test

Match Background: Jarrett is making his debut at this show. Christian and Raven have been in the midst of a blood feud for a good while now.

The Match: Christian hits some punches. How generic. Raven tastes a high angle back suplex. If Spike Lee can sue TNN over the Spike TV nonsense, then Kurt Angle should be able to sue SOMEONE for that. Christian tags out to Jeff Jarrett. Flying shoulder tackle by Jarrett sends Raven CRASHING to the mat. Spear by Jeff Jarrett. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag to Test. Jarrett \ Test hook up Raven, then hit a double suplex. Running knee lift from Test. Raven elbows Test in the face to break a hammerlock. Test takes a vertical suplex, but pops right back up. Tag to CM Punk. Big dropkick by CM Punk, who got a ton of air on the move. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by CM Punk just KILLS Test! Pin, but Test is out just before the three count. Punk drives a thrust kick into the chest of Test. Tag to Julio Dinero. Dinero hits a right hand. Fallaway slam by Julio Dinero puts down Test. Test reverses a Julio Dinero hammerlock. Test tags out to Christian. Dinero gets caught with a short powerbomb from Christian. Tag between Julio Dinero and Raven. Christian receives some punishment by Raven but with that horrid offense, we're the only ones truly being punished. Weak bodyslam by Raven. Christian is in trouble. Here it comes - Raven Effect DDT. Raven goes for the cover, but Jeff Jarrett interrupts it. Raven and Jarrett get in each other’s faces, while Christian tags Test in. Raven turns around, right into a big boot from Test! Test goes for the cover, but Julio interrupts it. While the referee is trying to get Julio out of the ring, Jarrett slides in with a guitar and smashes it over Raven’s head. The referee turns around and sees Test making the cover on Raven. 1…2….NO! Raven kicks out! Test is bewildered and makes the tag to Christian. Christian sets Raven up for the Unprettier. Raven reverses it and nails Christian with another DDT. CM Punk and Julio leave their post, run to the other side of the ring and pull Test and Jarrett down. Meanwhile, Raven makes the cover 1....2...3, it's finished.

My Opinion: I'm capable of giving out high star ratings...but only for matches that really deserve it. This one didn't. **1/4.

Snow: It’s over! Raven has pinned Christian once and for all!

Tenay: It was a violent feud, and one that I’m relieved to see come to an ending!

Snow: But what a guitar shot Jarrett delivered to Raven! You can rest assured that Raven won’t be forgetting that anytime soon!

Winners at 6:12: Raven, CM Punk, and Julio Dinero

Jordan’s Challenge.

Orlando Jordan makes his way to the ring. He promptly grabs a microphone.

Jordan: Hey, Nunzio! It’s Summerslam! I came to play, so I hope you accept my challenge. (The FBI music plays and Jordan grins, his grin disappears when he sees who is on the stage).

Cole: That’s not Nunzio, that’s Tracey Smothers!

Tazz: Nunzio must be off hiding! This is not what Orlando Jordan had in mind!

Orlando Jordan vs Tracy Smothers

Match Background: Jordan opened a challenge to Nunzio on the last Smackdown, but it appears that Nunzio has sent his friend, Tracey Smothers, to wrestle in his place.

The Match: Double arm suplex by Orlando Jordan connects as Smothers hits hard. Orlando Jordan connects with a back heel kick on Smothers and gets back up quickly. Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Jordan. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. Jordan drives a thrust kick into the chest of Smothers. Jordan charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Tracy Smothers snap suplexes Jordan HARD to the canvas! And again! A pair of clotheslines follow and...yep, Smothers is a HOUSE...EN...FUEGO~! Massive back suplex! Orlando Jordan got snapped in half, but not literally because that would just end the match now wouldn't it. Hooks the leg for a two count. Orlando Jordan fights out of a grapple. Reverse DDT on Smothers. There's a two count on the pin. Massive lariat! Stan Hansen would approve. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Smothers flips out of a Orlando Jordan bodyslam attempt. Jordan gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Smothers! Jordan reverses a waistlock. Smothers gets caught with a short powerbomb from Jordan. Orlando Jordan has Tracy Smothers down on the canvas and is ascending the corner. Moonsault!!! 1....2....3!! It's all over. Tracy Smothers leaves the ring and heads off down the aisle. Smothers obviously didn't want any more of a beating tonight.

My Opinion: All it gets is a ***1\2 rating from me. Deal with it.

Tazz: What an impressive victory by Orlando Jordan!

Cole: He cannot be happy, Tazz. He came here to fight Nunzio, and you can rest assured he won’t be happy until he does.

Winner at 7:50: Orlando Jordan

Women’s Championship: Trish Stratus © vs Victoria

Match Background: This match is for the WWF Womens title. Trish Stratus has been WWF Womens champion since 27 June 2006. Victoria demanded this title shot and has won the opportunity twice, first pinning Trish in a mixed tag, and then by pinning Taylor Matheny after her first number one Contendership spot had been taken away from her.

The Match: STIFF~! chop lights up Victoria who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Trish Stratus connects with rights and lefts and Victoria is down! Victoria tastes a high angle back suplex. If Spike Lee can sue TNN over the Spike TV nonsense, then Kurt Angle should be able to sue SOMEONE for that. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Victoria by Trish. Remember when that was a legit finish? Trish walks into a drop toe hold. Victoria with a spinning neckbreaker on Trish. Victoria hits a bulldog off the ropes. Hooks the leg for a two count. Trish flips out of a Victoria bodyslam attempt. Massive backbreaker on Victoria and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. Hooks the leg for a two count. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Trish Stratus connects and Victoria is down! Pin, but Victoria is out just before the three count. Trish Stratus gets taken down out of nowhere! Trish gets slammed down hard and winces in pain. Trish Stratus reverses a hip toss. Vertical suplex by Trish Stratus. Victoria gets whipped into the turnbuckles by Trish. Stratusphere, forget about it. 1....2...3! Victoria gives a murderous look toward Trish Stratus...and attacks! Trish gets dropped to the canvas, then battered with a barrage of rights and lefts. Victoria picks her up...and launches her over the top rope to the outside. A small measure of revenge has been taken.

My Opinion: All it gets is a ***1\2 rating from me. Deal with it.

Tenay: Now that’s not right! Trish won the match fair and square! Victoria is out of control!

Snow: Evolution continues to disgust me with everything they do.

Winner at 6:55 and STILL Women’s Champion: Trish Stratus

United States Championship Match: Rodney Mack © vs Low Ki vs Johnny Stamboli vs Chad Collyer

Match Background: This will be a four corners bout. This match is for the WWF United States title. Rodney Mack has been WWF United States champion since 16 July 2006.

The Match: The four men stand in the ring, glaring at each other. The referee orders Stamboli and Collyer to start the match. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Chad Collyer by Stamboli. Remember when that was a legit finish? STIFF~! chop lights up Collyer who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Covers for a quick two count. Big piledriver on Collyer. Johnny Stamboli misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Hooks the leg for a two count. Springboard reverse elbow by Chad Collyer. Excellent move. Looks like Muta has giving out lessons. Hooks the leg for a two count. Collyer walks into a drop toe hold. Stamboli scoops and slams Rodney Mack. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Stamboli tags out to Rodney Mack. Mack slams Chad Collyer down and motions to the crowd. Spinebuster by Rodney Mack. BAAACK Body drop by Collyer gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Massive lariat! Stan Hansen would approve. Pin, but Collyer is out just before the three count. Mack tags out to Low Ki. Low Ki snap suplexes Collyer HARD to the canvas! And again! A pair of clotheslines follow and...yep, Low Ki is a HOUSE...EN...FUEGO~! TIGER DRIVER '91~! Almost KILLS Collyer. Hooks the leg for a two count. Vertical suplex by Low Ki. There's a two count on the pin. Reverse DDT into a backbreaker by Low Ki. That was interesting. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Collyer tags out to Johnny Stamboli. A sit out full nelson slam on Low Ki. Stamboli slams Low Ki down and motions to the crowd. Stamboli scoops and slams Low Ki. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Low Ki reverses a Johnny Stamboli hammerlock. Stamboli gets hit with a running Splash Mountain out of the corner! Low Ki has Johnny Stamboli down on the canvas. Dragon Clutch!!! Johnny Stamboli taps out!

My Opinion: This was such a good match, it caused star ratings to magically appear... ****1\4

Cole: Low Ki has won the U.S. title for a second time!

Tazz: It’s funny how a little whining can go a long way!

Winner at 16:32 and NEW United States Champion: Low Ki

World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Benoit © vs Randy Orton vs Simon Diamond

Match Background: This will be an elimination bout. This match is for the World Heavyweight title. Chris Benoit has been World Heavyweight champion since 27 June 2006. Simon Diamond and Chris Benoit were Evolution running buddies until Diamond broke away from the group at the last minute to gain some momentum going into this match.

The Match: Benoit gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Diamond! Randy Orton just WALKS into a stiff lariat clothesline from Diamond. Benoit backdrops Simon Diamond out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Chris Benoit. Fallaway slam by Chris Benoit puts down Simon Diamond. Full nelson slam on Benoit. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Stun Gun from Simon Diamond! I still can't believe that was Austin's finisher at one point. Orton counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Benoit \ Orton whip Diamond into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Diamond gets hit with SPLASH MOUNTAIN~! out of the corner! Cover gets three for Chris Benoit, Diamond got pinned. Spear by Chris Benoit. Randy Orton powers out of a Chris Benoit headlock. Powerbomb on Benoit. There's a two count on the pin. Benoit counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! BRAINBUSTAH~! by Chris Benoit! Triple H comes running down the aisle and into the ring! Randy Orton turns around. Triple H spins Orton around. Triple H hits the Pedigree! HHH leaves the ring, the damage done! Cover gets three for Chris Benoit, Orton got pinned.

My Opinion: I'll give this a ***1\4 rating. If I left it up to you, you'd probably think it was the greatest match ever! Keep trying...

Tenay: Triple H just interfered in the match!

Snow: That’s right, he screwed Randy Orton out of the title tonight! This is not going to sit well with Shawn Michaels!

Tenay: If I know Shawn Michaels, he is not going to have any of this! He’s not here tonight, but I can only imagine that he’s going to give Evolution hell to pay tomorrow night on Raw!

Winner at 27:11 and STILL World Heavyweight Champion: Chris Benoit

AJ Styles w/ Don Callis vs Rob Van Dam /w Erik Watts

Match Background: This is going to be RVD’s last match ever in the WWF. He is retiring after tonight, and he wanted to finally defeat AJ Styles in a pay-per-view setting. Their feud goes back to last year when Styles defeat RVD for the WWF Championship.

The Match: Styles takes a chop from RVD. Rob Van Dam misses a clothesline. STIFF high kick on RVD by AJ Styles. Rob Van Dam charges, Styles moves, and the referee is knocked silly! Vicious chokeslam byAJ Styles! I'd compare it to Akira Taue, but then that would start another argument on the TSM Forums. Hooks the leg, but the referee is still out! Styles walks into a drop toe hold. AJ Styles takes a knee lift from RVD. *sigh* Running knee lifts always remind me of the late Curt Hennig. Badly executed second rope splash by RVD. Hooks the leg for a two count. Rob Van Dam with an enziguri. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! RVD charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Styles crushes RVD with a sweet running senton. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Rob Van Dam elbows AJ Styles in the face to break a hammerlock. Meanwhile, Don Callis jumps up on the apron to yell at the referee. Erik Watts pulls him down and nails him in the face. The two start brawling and they disappear through the audience. Back in the ring, RVD hits a decent looking DDT on Styles. Then RVD looks at Styles. He looks out to the fans, chanting his name. Something comes over him and he climbs to the top rope. Michael Cole starts screaming that RVD has not done a Five Star Frog Splash since last year’s Summerslam. The emotion in the building is unbearable and RVD, risks his long term health by hitting Styles with one last frog splash! The crowd erupts in a massive pop! He covers Styles and gets the 1…..2…..3! Styles is too out of it to know what happened. RVD, now looking a bit choked up, stands up, even on his bad knee, and plays to the crowd one last time.

My Opinion: Technically, this match is *1\2 . However, the crowd was extremely into it and the emotions behind this match more than made up for it. I say **1/2 overall!

Tazz: I can’t believe it! Rob Van Dam defeat AJ Styles in his last match ever!

Cole: What an emotional moment for RVD! This is how I’d like to always remember him. Thanks for the memories, Rob, we’re going to miss you!

Winner at 12:17: Rob Van Dam

WWF Championship: Rhyno © vs Paul London

Match Background: This match is for the WWF World title. Rhyno has been WWF World champion since 16 July 2006. London has pinned Rhyno on two separate occasions, thus earning himself number one Contendership status. This match has been building up since the Fully Loaded pay-per-view in July.

The Match: Rhyno makes his entrance without any members of SARS by his side. London follows after and the two stare each other down in the ring. The referee checks both men for weapons and the match is on! STIFF~! chop lights up London who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Rhyno slams Paul London. Rhyno with a spinning neckbreaker on London. Bodyslam by Rhyno. Rhyno gets taken down out of nowhere! Hard back suplex on Rhyno. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Rhyno takes a NICE hurrancarana from Paul London. There's a two count on the pin. London drops an elbow...but Rhyno moves out of the way. London gets hit with a HUGE clothesline. There's a two count on the pin. Impaler DDT by Rhyno just SPIKES Paul London down! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! London powers out of a headlock. Paul London connects with a back heel kick on Rhyno and gets back up quickly. Rhyno avoids a Paul London avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Running knee lift from Rhyno. Mike Sanders is at ringside! London wastes valuable time by yelling at Sanders! Rhyno takes advantage of the distraction and nails London from behind! Paul London is in trouble. Gore!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....NO! London kicked out of a gore! Rhyno is beside himself! Mike Sanders starts shouting from the outside, distracting Rhyno. London gets to his feet, and is ready to nail Rhyno with a vicious enziguri when Rhyno turns around! Rhyno seems to be out cold. London climbs to the top rope and goes for his patented shooting star press! Rhyno just barely moves out of the way. Both men are down, but Rhyno manages to get an arm over London. 1….2….3. Rhyno retains the championship!

My Opinion: A **** rating! Yay!

Cole: Dammit, no! London was so close to winning the title!

Tazz: Yeah, but close doesn’t cut it! Rhyno proved he was the better man tonight though.

Cole: I don’t know, Tazz. That could have gone either way.

Mike Sanders slides in and helps Rhyno to his feet. Rhyno is in a daze, but holds up his WWF Championship proudly. London is also to his feet. He offers a handshake to Rhyno. Rhyno starts laughing, and he and Sanders make their exit. London just stands there in the ring, very quietly. Once Rhyno and Sanders are out of sight, the crowd gives London a standing ovation!

Cole: What an amazing show of respect from our great fans!

Tazz: London showed great class and integrity tonight. Even I have to appreciate that.

The show ends with London making his exit, vowing that he will win the title if given another shot.

Winner at 24:51 and STILL WWF Champion: Rhyno

Guest Real F'n Show

Awesome show man I'm really liking this a lot, keep it up.

Awesome show man I'm really liking this a lot, keep it up.

Great show man the wait was worth it.

Great show.

I just want to thank you all for the feedback and to thank everyone who is reading this! I really do appreciate it! Raw will be up in the next few days, I'll probably do a preview for it! I have quite a bit of schoolwork to do (freshmen in college) but I'm going to try to make room for this!

I like this. I kinda thought it was weak when I saw Chad Collyer, but I like his character in this. Great. Keep up the good man.

I like this. I kinda thought it was weak when I saw Chad Collyer, but I like his character in this. Great. Keep up the good man.

Yes, I know the Chad Collyer involvement is weird. Just keep in mind that this takes place in 2006, and in my EWR game I had Collyer in OVW for an extremely long time and he came out of it with awesome stats (including 91 charisma). I just had to push him :)

Glad you like his character in this diary though!