TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

WWE Notes from the 3/1 Observer

Guest Your Olympic Hero
Just for the record, Kenzo Suzuki sucks. He had a match on TNA a while ago with Perry Saturn and it was unbelievably horrible. He's like the Japanese Nathan Jones. Everyone that saw his stuff in MLW said he sucked too. Vince only signed him because he's ..... big.

He would join Tajiri's group on SD, and then turn face on the group and demolish them all in a 3 on 1 handicap match.

Guest Mulatto Heat

http://www.puroresufan.com/roster/suzuki.php

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 260lbs

Mmm-hmm. Definitely see why he was signed.

At the Portland, OR RAW, there was talk of doing an angle where Randy Orton would take out Buddy Rose and Col. DeBeers, who were at the show, but it didn’t happen.

How did I miss this? And more importantly, isn't this kind of a stretch to call those two 'legends'? Would WWE fans even know who they are (and that includes those in the audience)? It didn't happen because it wouldn't have helped Orton one bit.

From his profile:

Suzuki was a major rugby football star before joining New Japan, representing his country and competing at club level in Great Britain. He was initiated into New Japan in April, 1999, amidst much hype, and was instantly billed as a future superstar before even debuting...

Hey, he'll be JR's new favorite!

At the Portland, OR RAW, there was talk of doing an angle where Randy Orton would take out Buddy Rose and Col. DeBeers, who were at the show, but it didn’t happen.

How did I miss this? And more importantly, isn't this kind of a stretch to call those two 'legends'? Would WWE fans even know who they are (and that includes those in the audience)? It didn't happen because it wouldn't have helped Orton one bit.

No shit.

Theyre about as legendary as Wild Bill Irwin and Outback Jack.

I would enjoy that idea though...just for the dead crowd jokes that TSM would provide. :)

*Kenzo hits a series of shitty high knees on an opponent*

JR:"Bah Gawd! Kenzo with that unorthodox stahle!"

Funny you should mention knee-related moves - check out his "signature moves" in the link...

The reason Flair has seemed off in his recent TV matches is that he’s far more injured than he had been letting on. Flair, who turned 55 on 2/25/04, has been working with an as-of-yet undiagnosed neck injury and has a variety of back injuries. He had both a CATSCAN and an MRI done this past week, but both were inconclusive about his neck problems, which are believed to either be a ruptured C-8 disc or a severely pinched nerve.

I still love to see Flair wrestle ONCE IN WHILE, but he really needs to slow down or just stop. Also, I wonder if he screwed up his neck one of the times he got his head caught under the top rope.

*Kenzo hits a series of shitty high knees on an opponent*

JR:"Bah Gawd! Kenzo with that unorthodox stahle!"

Funny you should mention knee-related moves - check out his "signature moves" in the link...

- Backdrop suplex

- Hagakure

- Jumping knee attack

- Spear

*checks pic*

Hagakure is a Shining Wizard. Uh oh, you know what that means.

JR: Hurricane, we're going to have to ask you to stop that Shining Wizard of yours...

(Yeah, I know it isn't the same move, not that JR can tell anymore).

Although he'll probably have to lose the high knee because of H.

One of Japan's tallest wrestlers, Kenzo is an upcoming young star due to his size, strength, and impressive agility.

*notes that skill is not mentioned at all*

So Kenzo is that big ol dude who wrestled Saturn when Sting first showed up in NWA?

Hagakure is a Shining Wizard. Uh oh, you know what that means.

JR: Hurricane, we're going to have to ask you to stop that Shining Wizard of yours...

(Yeah, I know it isn't the same move, not that JR can tell anymore).

It'll be like "Office Space".

JR: "Yeaaaahhhhh, hi Hurricane. We're going to need you to stop doing the Shining Wizard, so if you could do that, that'd be great."

Hurricane: "But, but, I, I did...the...move..."

JR: "Yeaaaahhhh, great, thanks."

"Hurricane: "I...I...I...believe you have...my stapler..."

QUOTE (Scroby @ Feb 29 2004, 10:22 AM)

So Kenzo is that big ol dude who wrestled Saturn when Sting first showed up in NWA?

Yes, that is him.

shit

QUOTE (Scroby @ Feb 29 2004, 10:22 AM)

Yes, that is him.

shit

My sentiments exactly.

Man, I respect the heck out of Rocky for getting those tats done. Not just because of the way they're 'applied'...but like people said, it could damage his movie career slightly. I doubt it'd be that much of a problem as it's the lower half of his body. Nice to see him honouring his heritage like that...and it should look bad-ass in the ring. If they're done by Mania.

When Kenzo first started wrestling in 2000, New Japan had planned on him doing an angle with Goldberg which would have led to Kenzo being the first Japanese guy to beat him.

Guest Choken One
Man, I respect the heck out of Rocky for getting those tats done. Not just because of the way they're 'applied'...but like people said, it could damage his movie career slightly. I doubt it'd be that much of a problem as it's the lower half of his body. Nice to see him honouring his heritage like that...and it should look bad-ass in the ring. If they're done by Mania.

The amazing thing is that he is only half-Samoan.

I don't see Rikishi or Rosey jumping to honor their heritage.

Guest Anglesault
I don't see Rikishi or Rosey jumping to honor their heritage.

samoantatoolg.jpg

Well, it IS rather ugly.

Both guys are well-known to fans in the Portland area - they worked for Portland Wrestling in the early 80's with a few mainstays (Piper being one) and many passing through from time to time (Flair, Hennig, Martel and Rocky Johnson to name a few).

Guest Mulatto Heat

Yeah, so they are known to the very old school fans, which pales in comparison to those who became fans in the 1990s and later. The TV viewers around the country also wouldn't know who they are or were and won't care if Orton RKOs them to oblivion.

Correction on the Rock and his tattoos from Meltzer

"For those who got today's Observer, we've got an update on Rock and the tattoos. The Samoa Observer (real name of a newspaper) was only partially correct. Rock did get some new work done about ten days back to his upper body, but it's not the full blown Peter Maivia body work. There are no plans for that."

Maybe Rock's happy with his nest egg, but you're right it will limit his marketability some.

Yah, none of those lucrative speedo advertisements for him...

Well thats good Rock isn't getting the lower torso done. I doubt that it would even be fully healed by the time WM 20 hits.

Guest Choken One
Correction on the Rock and his tattoos from Meltzer

"For those who got today's Observer, we've got an update on Rock and the tattoos. The Samoa Observer (real name of a newspaper) was only partially correct. Rock did get some new work done about ten days back to his upper body, but it's not the full blown Peter Maivia body work. There are no plans for that."

GOD DAMN IT!

I really wanted to see rock with the full body tattoo...

Well do this Choken. Since you have a computer take a picture of Rock and design away. :D

Well do this Choken. Since you have a computer take a picture of Rock and design away. :D