TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

The Shield, season 3. Official Thread

WHOOO!!!!!!!

Just 5 days till the best show on TV is back. The Shield. I got hooked from the first episode and been a huge fan since.

Really looking forward to seeing how they work from where they left off with the money train and Dutch at the crimescene. Dani's firing. Julian's beating. Claudette's promotion, and everything else.

*shakes fist* damn you, I was gonna make this thread, heh.....I can't friggin wait, Tuesday is gonna be a great night with 24 at 9<when it comes back that is> and The Shield at 10 :D

Next Tuesday it will finally be Just Another Day.

My loss of HBO is made much easier with THE SHIELD back on tv. Wish it didn't take so damn long between seasons, I mean hell!

Last year the show had some messed up episodes, like that one where the little girl was raped by the gang leader. That was messed up big time, like past SVU in terms of "Dude, that's just...." .

I wish they'd make an actual "THE SHIELD: The Soundtrack" like CSI and Sopranos. The Shield has some damn good music and I'd buy a CD in a second.

You're right about the music. I've sought out more music from The Shield than any other show I can think of. Except for the relatively bizarre choice of Bawitaba for episode one... took me another couple shows to get over that.

They're good with music. "Trouble" by Coldplay was a perfect end for season 1. As was "Overcome" by Live for season 2 with the money on the table...and I really like some Irish sounding song they had to close an episode on season 2

I've got a whole soundtrack of songs, including the kick ass theme song.

And here is a question:

Do you think they should space out the episodes like on regular tv so that we don't wait an entire year between seasons?

I've got a whole soundtrack of songs, including the kick ass theme song.

And here is a question:

Do you think they should space out the episodes like on regular tv so that we don't wait an entire year between seasons?

If they stuck to airing in January it would have only been a 39 week wait...I hated that they waited till March.

I'd rather just see the episodes once a week. I'd hate to go in between episodes long enough to forget what happened.

I rather like the format but then I have to wait a year to see what happens. That really sucks cause I forget certain things.

Like for example, did the fourth member of the team die? You know, not Shane or Vic or the blonde haired one...the other guy that I can never remember the name of.

I can't remember if he lived or not

I rather like the format but then I have to wait a year to see what happens. That really sucks cause I forget certain things.

Like for example, did the fourth member of the team die? You know, not Shane or Vic or the blonde haired one...the other guy that I can never remember the name of.

they've been replaying the first 2 seasons on FX the last couple months...and there's also the DVDs :D

they've been replaying the first 2 seasons on FX the last couple months...and there's also the DVDs :D

Wish I could afford the damn DVD

:angry:

You can't kill Ronnie...he had a rough year last season.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Shane killed off. He screws up all the time and it would be a hell of a shock

Yeah, I caught most of season one and some of the last. I'm trying to get back into it. So what happened with that drug dealer who was dealin' to kids and the money train hit?

Yeah, I caught most of season one and some of the last. I'm trying to get back into it. So what happened with that drug dealer who was dealin' to kids and the money train hit?

The drug dealer to kids got gutted if I remember correctly. If you mean the one who raped the little girl then yeah, he got stabbed to death.

They got the money train but they ended up killing two people and got WAY more money then they thought. Plus, they have now realized they crossed a line and might as well be crooks now.

Armadillo disfigured Ronnie and then turned himself in to the police before Vic could exact vengence against him. Armadillo then told Vic during his interrogation that if Vic didn't get Ronnie to recant his statement that he disfigured him and let him walk away back to Mexico he would expose Vic's connections to drug trade.

Vic, in a shocking move that never got followed up on, then tells Shane that he was going to tell Armadillo to get bent and not make Ronnie recant do to their friendship which apparently is so deep that Vic would sacrifice himself AND Shane (who we'vve been lead to believe up to that point as being Vic's bestest friend on the show). Fearing that they would be taken down alongside Vic despite Vic's assurance that he would do whatever he could to take the blame for the rest of the team, Shane has a disgruntled demoted gang member arrested and given a shank so that he could kill Armadillo.

Vic was relieved but but horrified that Shane had framed Dani for allowing the shank to enter the station. Dani ultimately got fired over this offense when Acaveda was forced to fire people at the end of the season.

As for the Money Train, it ended up being a success BUT problems happened when the people in charge of the money train turned against each other and started killing each other. Vic and company were ultimately forced to save the sole survivor of the shoot-out but planted a small portion of the money in his apartment so that they could blame it all on him if they get caught...

WHOOO!!!!!!!

Just 5 days till the best show on TV is back. The Shield. I got hooked from the first episode and been a huge fan since.

Really looking forward to seeing how they work from where they left off with the money train and Dutch at the crimescene. Dani's firing. Julian's beating. Claudette's promotion, and everything else.

Spoiler Space

-------------------------------

There has been no information on Dani so far this season in terms of what they are going to do to her character. Further complicating things is the fact that the show is introducing a brand new female character this season in the form of a love interest for Shane so it may be that Dani, if she reappears, may have her pressence on the show decreased a ton this season to the poin that she's just a bit character.

Julien is getting a brand new partner this season and they are rumored to be doing a "rookie cop and the experienced older cop who can't stand the fact that he's been paired with a rookie cop with a controversial past" relationship with the two of them.

As for Claudette, the promos seem to outright state that Acaveda won the primary and as a result didn't have to resign and that Claudette is ultra-pissy that she has to wait a little while longer to steal David's job

-----------------------------------------------------

Ronnie, in traditional "cool background character who's past is shrouded in mystery" fashion, survived the attempt on his life and made it to the end of the season alive and well

Furthermore it seems from the promos airing on FX that David Rees Snell has shaved his moustache and now gone for the unshaved beard look, which makes him now look like Wesley on Angel (which is ironic given that in the past three episodes of Angel Wes now looks exactly like Ronnie save for the facial hair)...

Guest Cerebus

So...what about Dutch? Except for that female serial killer they didn't give him much this season. His romantic involvement with the murder victim widow was shoved almost completely off screen (it was mentioned once if I recall) and he basically played second fiddle to Claudette's Machiavellian machinations which is too bad imo. Remember when he got pissed off at that pranker who led him off the trail of that murdered little girl? I thought it helped give him some more character and it even impressed Mackey (which is hard to do). Any news on what, if anything, they have planned for him?

So...what about Dutch? Except for that female serial killer they didn't give him much this season. His romantic involvement with the murder victim widow was shoved almost completely off screen (it was mentioned once if I recall) and he basically played second fiddle to Claudette's Machiavellian machinations which is too bad imo. Remember when he got pissed off at that pranker who led him off the trail of that murdered little girl and even impressed Mackey (which is hard to do). Any news on what, if anything, they have planned for him?

SPOILER

-----------------

It's been confirmed that Dutch will be involved in the investigation of the Money Train Heist and the numerous dead people involved in the heist and that he'll be paired up with another new character (an FBI agent) to investigate after they find out that the FBI want the whole thing to be covered up do to their ties to the parties running the money train...

Also it has also been heavily rumored that the writers will be planning a secondary arc involving Dutch's family but there has been no confirmation about the rumor yet...

-----------------

Spoiler

Guest Cerebus

It's ok...I didn't really want to read that but its not the biggest deal (I guessed as much). It's good to see they're not negelecting the character like they did in Season 2.

It's ok...I didn't really want to read that but its not the biggest deal (I guessed as much). It's good to see they're not negelecting the character like they did in Season 2.

They didn't neglect Dutch during Season two. If anything he had a pretty solid arc with him fucking up big time and redeeming himself without having to compromise like everyone around him was doing.

Dutch's arc in Season two was crucial to the show and the development of the character. It showed that in that in a show where everyone is either morally bankrupt or compromising themselves ethically, Dutch is the moral center of the series and the only character who isn't bankrupt ethically or morally corrupted.

Guest Cerebus

True...I still have big gaps in my memory from Season 2 (it's been a while).

My buddies and I were watching Raw recently and we saw a promo for the new season. Three of my drunk friends each immediately blurted out "Back the Mackey!!!" AT THE SAME TIME and the "Crappy Drunk Joke" Hall of Fame got a new inductee. :bonk:

... Anyway, here's some potentially great news:

THE SHIELD gets game

Here's something that we didn't see coming, but now that we know about it, makes perfect sense: the rights to make a video game of the FX network's hard-edged crime drama THE SHIELD have been picked up by Sammy Studios. Michael Chiklis, the Golden Globe-winning actor who plays dirty cop Vic Mackey in the series, is in negotiations to lend his voice and likeness to the game. Deals for the same are also being negotiated with the remaining cast members from the series. Developed by Point of View, the third-person game will let players choose from different approaches to taking down thugs and criminals on the streets of L.A., ranging from following the law to the letter to taking bribes, roughing up informants and planting evidence.

Sammy Studios is the publisher behind such titles as LETHAL SKIES II, the GUILTY GEAR titles and SEVEN SAMURAI 20XX, set for release on March 24. The company is aiming for a release for THE SHIELD game sometime in the first quarter of 2005.

Source: Cinescape

Vic, in a shocking move that never got followed up on, then tells Shane that he was going to tell Armadillo to get bent and not make Ronnie recant do to their friendship which apparently is so deep that Vic would sacrifice himself AND Shane (who we'vve been lead to believe up to that point as being Vic's bestest friend on the show). Fearing that they would be taken down alongside Vic despite Vic's assurance that he would do whatever he could to take the blame for the rest of the team, Shane has a disgruntled demoted gang member arrested and given a shank so that he could kill Armadillo.

Vic was going to take the heat alone, and leave Shane and Lem out. They didn't want him going down so they helped the gangbanger in the cage...Vic wasn't going to bust them