Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

The Shield, season 3. Official Thread

Current.

1. The Shield

2. Smallville

3. Angel

4. The Soranos

Will never happen in a million years, but I'd love a Shield/Sopranos crossover. Tony's trying to do business in Farmington and runs into Mackey

Will never happen in a million years, but I'd love a Shield/Sopranos crossover. Tony's trying to do business in Farmington and runs into Mackey

I've been saing that for awhile, would so rule....though not likely to happen. If any cop show has a chance for a crossover it'd be HBO's show The Wire.....but a Mackey-Tony confrontation would so own :D

Hey guys could I have a quick summary of season 2, last year I had to work tuesday nites, and I haven't got around to picking up the dvd yet.

Well I caught the final of season two and holy crap I loved it. I knew I'd be tuning in tonight but I was actually distracted by it today at school. Is Shane Vic's best friend? It seems like that but then there's that heat between the two too.

Well I caught the final of season two and holy crap I loved it. I knew I'd be tuning in tonight but I was actually distracted by it today at school. Is Shane Vic's best friend? It seems like that but then there's that heat between the two too.

Yeah, they were partners before the Striek Team was formed. They're close friends but Shane tends to make bad decisions and Vic gets in his face about it.

They replay the show @ 11, right? Because I really want to see the Wrestlemania special.

Yes, yes they do...

Huzzah. Now I'll tape The Real World, watch the Wrestlemania special, watch the Shield @ 11, and placate the gay inside of me @ 12 when I watch Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

The ultimate tag team would be Vic Mackey and Jack Bauer. They would be the world's greatest tag team.

I just watched the first 2 seasons of The Shield over two weeks to get up to speed. My favorite drama on TV right with 24.

1. 24

2. The Shield

3. Curb Your Enthusiasm

4. Fawlty Towers

5. The Office

Tim

The ultimate tag team would be Vic Mackey and Jack Bauer. They would be the world's greatest tag team.

Oh yeah, I thought about that one...and would work to as A. both shows are with Fox and B. both take place in/around LA :D

Guest OctoberBlood

In one word ... GREAT.

I forgot how much I loved this series. I watched a tiny bit of season 1, and half of season 2 (the last half), and now I remember why I was so hyped for 3. Awesome episode.

Wasn't really slow. They built up the new group coming in, the 50,000 marked money, Claudette vs. Asavedo, etc. When you can fit that much into an opening episode, you know the season will rock.

And 25 minutes comml free at the beginning is KILLER.

Tim

Good episode, kicked things off nicely....

I disagree. The episode seemed to be part one of a two part episode and it ended WAY too abruptly. The only cool part for me was the scene where Julian nearly chocked the life out of one of the cops who nearly killed him at the end of season two. Talk about going mental...

Also, am I the only one who is pissed off that they apparently have a big storyline planned for Tevon (crappy spelling) and yet we still don't know anything about Ronnie or him having a storyline that doesn't involve him laying on his back and pretending to be near death?

Guest Choken One

i thought it was very good return to the show...

"Damn. and I was going to ask her to the prom" was just fucking great.

Well, I stayed up for it and it was worth it. Problem was I don't have the DVD -- I was trying to remember everything that happened in Season 2 during the show's first few minutes -- was Shane's girlfriend in last season?...

Guest Retro Rob

A little light on the action compared to some past episodes, but they really set up some nice archs to kick off Season Three. We have Aceveda opting to keep his job as Captain until he takes political office, which is more or less a huge slap in the face to Claudette. Even moreso now that Aceveda has stolen all of the ideas that she proposed for when she got the job. As a fan of the show, I'm happy about this because I think Aceveda's character is quite compelling as the boss and I really like the chemistry between Dutch and Claudette in the detective field.

Also, with Aceveda keeping his position with the force and using his political pull, he seems to be bringing Dani back into the fold. As for what her exact role will be, that's another story. My friend brought up how a school would have to be fucking stupid to hire her to go through everyone's bags and make sure the school is secure seeing how she essentially got fired for not being to spot a rather large knife on a guy she brought in. That's the American public school system for you.

Julien finally gets some revenge on the assholes that he works with. You really can't blame him since it must be hard to entrust somebody with your life when they have no respect for you at all. However, it was kinda freaky how he was praying before and during the assualt.

I guess Corrine has forgiven Vic to an extent since he is able to enter his own house again. Obviously some sort of triangle is going to come out between the two of them and Matthew's new tutor.

I was glad to see Tavon still on the Strike Team. He is a damn good cop. Not too surprising that this whole Money Train deal might blow up in their faces already now that we have learned about the marked bills. Especially since Shane blantantly defied Vic and spent some of the money already. This one is going to get ugly real fast and I don't know if it will end with Vic and Shane on good terms.

Looks like we are going to see some new gang rivalries between Kern's boys and the Mexicans. This one looks to be particularly violent based on the previews for next week. I'm also glad they dropped the drug dealing thing for the time being as it was getting kinda old. Illegal firearms makes for a nice change of pace.

Lastly, I liked how they tied the current Armenian case back to that weird Jesus-dude from Season One. Continuity like that kicks all kind of ass in my book.