TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Least Funny Mainstream Comedians

Guest El Satanico

Only people listed that I dislike are Chris Kattan and Wanda Sykes. I also dislike Jimmy Fallon.

I disliked Will Ferrell on SNL, but now I like him in movies.

I agree with MrRant's sentiments for anyone who hates Carlin. Every time one of his old stand up specials comes on HBO Comedy I'll watch it and I still laugh every time. The man is simply a genius and one of the most influential comedians of all-time.

Carlin's okay, but EXTREMELY overrated.

I'll catch shit for this, but oh well: Jerry Seinfeld. He's NEVER made me even so much as chuckle. I've sat stone-faced through everything the man's ever done.

If anyone says Mel Brooks..... I'll almost kill them.

Then I'll let them recover.

And then I'll almost kill them again.

If anyone says Mel Brooks..... I'll almost kill them.

Then I'll let them recover.

And then I'll almost kill them again.

Don't be stupid, be a smarty, come and join the Nazi party

Guest Crazy Dan

I don't like Chris Kattan... Mango is just plain disturbing (even though the bitch fight with J-Lo was pretty funny). And he just would throw lame character after lame character on SNL. I am glad he is gone.

I also never found Tim Meadows even remotely funny. I am glad he has done squat since he departed.

I do like Robin Williams and George Carlin, though (ducks lightning bolts). The make me laugh and think, and that is all that counts.

And Curb Your Enthusiasm was much better when the called it Seinfeld. Larry David is just too whiny for my tastes.

Guest Mosaicv2
I don't like Wanda...but she is actually funny on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Michael Ian Black is not funny...I loved The State, but found a new hatred for him with I Love The 80s. He's just annoying.

You can write off 9/10 of the VH1/E Entertainment count down shows

yeah... he was only just sayin lame comments that nobody gives a shit about... thats all I remember

Jay Leno is not funny. His monologues are shitty pun after shitty pun. Headlines is funny SOMETIMES, and Jaywalking is just exposing people for the morons they are.

I love Carlin's stuff up to after his show ended. The man seems to be running on steam nowadays. I mean who gives a fuck about scabs anyway?

Colin Quinn could be funny if he took a PUBLIC SPEAKING CLASS. Seriously, he stutters and stammers more than Porky Pig going through crack withdrawl. A lot of his regulars are funny however- Jim Norton and Nick DiPaolo in particular.

To me Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler are bi-polar; depending on the situation they're either funny(Elf/Harry Cary, Big Daddy), stupid funny(Roxbury guy, Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison), or awful(Lovers sketches, Little Nicky)

Funny: Dave Chappelle, Tina Fey, Jon Stewart, Lewis Black, Conan O'Brien, Mike Meyers

Not Funny: Wanda Sykes, Jimmy Fallon, Jerry Seinfeld, Eddie Murphy(after BHC2), David Spade(usually)

Guest Mosaicv2
Jay Leno is not funny. His monologues are shitty pun after shitty pun. Headlines is funny SOMETIMES, and Jaywalking is just exposing people for the morons they are.

I love Carlin's stuff up to after his show ended. The man seems to be running on steam nowadays. I mean who gives a fuck about scabs anyway?

Colin Quinn could be funny if he took a PUBLIC SPEAKING CLASS. Seriously, he stutters and stammers more than Porky Pig going through crack withdrawl. A lot of his regulars are funny however- Jim Norton and Nick DiPaolo in particular.

To me Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler are bi-polar; depending on the situation they're either funny(Elf/Harry Cary, Big Daddy), stupid funny(Roxbury guy, Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison), or awful(Lovers sketches, Little Nicky)

Funny: Dave Chappelle, Tina Fey, Jon Stewart, Lewis Black, Conan O'Brien, Mike Meyers

Not Funny: Wanda Sykes, Jimmy Fallon, Jerry Seinfeld, Eddie Murphy(after BHC2), David Spade(usually)

I agree with mostly everything you say... except sayin Mike Myers & Conan O Brien are funny... which they are not!!

Eddie Griffin, just look at some of the movies he's done, almost all terrible and the decent ones he had small or supporting roles. And he starred on Malcolm and Eddie, that only should put him on the list. On a totally unrelated note when did they do a film version of Paul Bunyan starring Eddie Griffin as Babe the Blue Ox? It must be some direct to video tripe cause I can't remember it.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I'll get shit for this, but I can't stand Steve Martin or Robin Williams. Robin Williams "look at me, I have attention deficit disorder" act wore me out 15 years ago. I really find the fucker creepy. I honestly think he is the most overrated comedian right now. He is doing Jim Carrey's act, but he's much too old and it comes off as shoved down my throat instead of, oh I don't know, funny. Steve Martin is hit and miss with me, a lot more misses (Cheaper by the Dozen, anyone) than hits (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels).

Martin will forever be awesome to me because he was starting out in stand up when everyone was "angry" and "political" and he just did what he wanted to and waited till everyone else found out it was funny.

Seriously, he's one of the Top 5 best as far as stand up goes in my eyes.

Funny: George Carlin(AKA God of Stand-Up Comedy), Larry David(Genious), Dennis Miller(Cause I get it), Robin Williams(cause he makes me laugh), Dane Cook, Jay Leno(I think he's funny...), Chris Rock(I love racism~!), Eddie Murphy.

Horribly UN-Funny: JACK BLACK, Will Ferrell, That loser who does Mango, Cho, Tom Green(ugh.), Rob Schnieder.

EDIT: Forgot all about my new favorite Bill Maher, GREAT show with lots of real good talks about current events.

by the way... Headlines is AWESOME!!

It takes a truly talented man to read misprints that ordinary people send in.

And wasn't Letterman doing that first on his late late night show and stopped because he realized it wasn't funny anymore?

In terms of Late Night IMO:

Funny: Jon Stewart, Conan, Nick DiPaolo

Sometimes: David Letterman, Jimmy Kimmel, Craig Kilborn (well, at one time) The other Tough Crowd people, cast of Mad TV

Unfunny: Carson Daly, Bill Maher (he's still late night HBO right?), The Cast of SNL

Stop him before he opens his mouth again: Jay Leno

Conan is WAY better than Jay. He doesn't have the nasal voice, plus he has entertaining and creative skits, unlike Leno.

And at least when Conan's monologue jokes bomb, he's quick enough to cover it up with some sort of funny quip. Jay just looks at his bandleader and mutters.

Bill Maher is absolutely awful. He's just about unwatchable.

And despite whether you think Conan is funny or not, he is the BEST host on late-night. Even assuming he's not funny......he's still far above Leno / Letterman / Kilborn / Kimmel.

Guest Goodear

I hate John Lovitz with the passion of a thousand suns. I've never found him to even be the least bit funny due to his horrible overacting and awful delivery.

Guest El Satanico

but...but...John Lovitz = Jay Sherman and other quality voice work