TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

Chris Benoit on Fox n Friends

Guest Trivia247

Thanks to Gery Roif for the following report:

Chris Benoit appeared on "Fox and Friends" this morning. Before the commercial break, they showed Benoit with the big gold belt, while Brian said "we’ve got the big winner from WrestleMania. That must be him. Who is he? You’ll find out next."

Karen talked about WM 20. Brian looked down to his little notes and mentioned how it went from Andre the Giant to Ivan Putski (I don’t remember Putski at Mania). Brian introduced the new champ, David Benoit. Yes, he said "David". Karen and Chris immediately corrected him. Karen and her husband are huge WWE fans and actually watched the show last night. Brian said he was thinking of some basketball player.

Benoit joked around and asked if Brian wanted him to have his first title defense right there (against Brian). Karen mentioned Shawn Michaels being bloodied and asked whether or not he was ok. Benoit replied that he hoped so. Brian asked if he was sore. Benoit replied that he was, saying that wrestling two men takes a lot more than wrestling in single competition.

Karen asked how he was able to win after taking all the punishment, mentioning that Benoit was put through the announcing table. Benoit replied that it was 18 years in the making for him, it was his night and he was very determined to win.

Brian asked Benoit how he was accepted in the WWE after the WCW merger, mentioning Benoit only as a WCW Tag Team champ. Benoit answered that he was actually a world champ in WCW and due the structure and the politics backstage, he was fed up and called Vince McMahon for work. Karen commented that it took some guts to call McMahon. Karen then mentioned that Eddy Guerrero came with him to WWE and asked whether the smaller guys, the more athletic "those who are able to do more tricks" have become the new trend in wrestling. Benoit replied that wrestling today is different from wrestling 20 years ago, stating that the amount of athleticism needed has gotten very high. They mentioned Kurt Angle being an Olympic champion and NCAA wrestlers who now work in WWE.

Benoit said people who come in now are more athletic than they have ever been. Brian asked if he could take Chris out with a sleeper hold. Benoit laughed it off and said "let's give it try". Karen ended the segment plugging Raw tonight on Spike TV. Benoit added it was at the Continental Airlines Arena in E. Rutherford. The segment lasted exactly 3 minutes long.

Guest JMA

David Benoit? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm glad to see Benoit getting some well deserved media attention.

Guest wildpegasus

Will this be replayed on any channels anywhere? Anyone know if Benoit's going to be on any other shows?

Guest godofdeadlydeath

OMG! DAVID?! HAHAHAHAHA HOW STUPID!

Sorry, just wanted to be like everyone else...

OMG! DAVID?! HAHAHAHAHA HOW STUPID!

Now here is the sad part. I'm an NBA fan but I have to say:

Read is The Rock's voice:

Who in THE BLUEST OF HELLS IS DAVID BENOIT?

Well yeah after someone tells me I'll be "Oh yeah thats right!" but now I'm all HUH?

Guest godofdeadlydeath
OMG!  DAVID?!  HAHAHAHAHA HOW STUPID!

Well yeah after someone tells me I'll be "Oh yeah thats right!" but now I'm all HUH?

I think he's an NCAA player. I recall seeing the name recently, but can't remember what team he's on. It would make sense considering March Madness and all, but still.

OMG!  DAVID?!  HAHAHAHAHA HOW STUPID!

I think he's an NCAA player. I recall seeing the name recently, but can't remember what team he's on. It would make sense considering March Madness and all, but still.

Anyone care to venture a worse name mixup? Sure this belongs in a totally different folder but I'm sure there are plenty of worse ones where the person is referred to as someone "less famous" or "more obscure"

BTW the same field doesn't count. I.e. some of Lillian's and other wrestling commentator's goofs don't count (with the possible exception of Rodman calling Lex Luger "Luthor" but then Luthor IS easily more famous than Flexy Lexy)

Steve

The one the only, ladies and gentleman, the golden tones of Michael Buffer introduce us to...

BRET 'THE HITMAN' CLARKE

The one the only, ladies and gentleman, the golden tones of Michael Buffer introduce us to...

BRET 'THE HITMAN' CLARKE

No, no. That's hardly the worst Bufferism of Bret.

"Ladies and gentlemen, THE HITMAN....*longish pause* BRET....."

No last name or anything, because Buffer forgot his name and could only remember the first.

BRET 'THE HITMAN' CLARKE

No, no. That's hardly the worst Bufferism of Bret.

"Ladies and gentlemen, THE HITMAN....*longish pause* BRET....."

No last name or anything, because Buffer forgot his name and could only remember the first.

You mean he did it twice?

Forget Vince, Shawn, Earl or Goldberg, Michael Buffer screwed Bret

The segment lasted exactly 3 minutes long.

And that about sums it up right there.

Of course, his segment would have probably ran longer had they, you know, not wasted a few minutes on the video of a fucking car chase prior to his interview.

God, I hate those assholes on Fox & Friends. Except when Kiran Chetry guest hosts, that is.

Like I didn't already have enough reason to hate Fox News.

Karen asked how he was able to win after taking all the punishment, mentioning that Benoit was put through the announcing table.

Um, it might be because they decided before the match who the winner was going to be...you stupid bitch!

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I think a David Benoit played for the Utah Jazz a little time back. I remember his name was on the roster in the 95-96 season I think. I didn't think he was that good though to care to remember his name.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking
Karen asked how he was able to win after taking all the punishment, mentioning that Benoit was put through the announcing table.

Um, it might be because they decided before the match who the winner was going to be...you stupid bitch!

Ah... It was a kayfabed interview.

Obviously.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I think a David Benoit played for the Utah Jazz a little time back. I remember his name was on the roster in the 95-96 season I think. I didn't think he was that good though to care to remember his name.

And you would be correct......

Do NOT be talking shit about my future ex-girlfriend, Kiran Chetry.

Heather Nauert > Kieran Chetry

Maybe in Bizarro World. Sad to hear Kieran's married.

Guest Deviant

I hate the public appearances where the hosts don't even bother to do three seconds worth of research. They have people working for them to set out questions and such, but every time a wrestler goes on a talk show of any kind, the host always ends up exposing his lack of any knowledge completely. I'm not expecting talk show hosts to sit down and watch hours of tapes, just check their facts first. How hard is that?

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking
I hate the public appearances where the hosts don't even bother to do three seconds worth of research. They have people working for them to set out questions and such, but every time a wrestler goes on a talk show of any kind, the host always ends up exposing his lack of any knowledge completely. I'm not expecting talk show hosts to sit down and watch hours of tapes, just check their facts first. How hard is that?

Yeah, I agree - it negates the credibility of the guests themselves, and makes them look stupid because of it.

When Ric Flair was on Channel (V) hyping the WWE Ruthless Aggression Tour last year, Yumi actually did some research to have a common-sense conversation with him.