TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

THE OAO AFL 2004 Thread

Well, this thread goes out to all the Australians on the board, and any others that follow Aussie Rules. We start off friday night for Round One, and here are the matches:

Friday, March 26

Richmond vs. Collingwood (MCG) N

Saturday, March 27

Hawthorn vs. Melbourne (MCG)

Fremantle vs. Carlton (Subiaco)

St. Kilda vs. Geelong (Telstra Dome) N

Brisbane vs. Sydney (GABBA) N

Sunday, March 28

Port Adelaide vs. Essendon (AAMI Stadium)

Kangaroos vs. Adelaide (MCG)

Western Bulldogs vs. West Coast (Telstra Dome)

Should be a great season. All discussion of AFL stuff will happen in here, including tips for matches. Have fun!

Since I'm not an Australian, could you explain the "Rape-free" quote to me?

The Rape free comment is in reference to the recent spate of claims that several AFL players have been involved in rapes, also with claims of hush money being paid to the woman to cover it up.

Guest croweater

WOOHOOO

After one of the most boring cricket seasons EVER, FOOTY'S BACK!!!

After the preseason I have no idea who the hell is in the running this year. But it looks like the St Kilda team might be a bit shaken up for the first couple of weeks.

Since I'm not an Australian, could you explain the "Rape-free" quote to me?

The Rape free comment is in reference to the recent spate of claims that several AFL players have been involved in rapes, also with claims of hush money being paid to the woman to cover it up.

Ah, so it's almost like the NBA.

*rimshot*

OK, Collingwood looked woeful last night, a shadow of their team last year, I guess two grand final losses in a row does that to a team. I just hope Geelong can get over the line tonight.

OK, Collingwood looked woeful last night, a shadow of their team last year, I guess two grand final losses in a row does that to a team.

I dont think that last nights game will have a bearing (sp?) on their season. They lost to them 2 years ago in the opener. They were also missing Lockyer & Rocca, while Woewodin & Burns as well as Didak(I think) didn't play a game in the Wizard Cup. Besides, Richmond nor St. Kilda will make the 8 this year. People who compare this years St. Kilda to Collingwood from 2002 forget they are missing the one thing that helped Collingwood get there, which is their coach. Grant Thomas is nowhere near the type of coach who will get what Malthouse got out of his.

Of course, I could care less so long as my Bulldogs don't finish last this year. With Rawlings, Koops, Ray & Cooney, as well as having Grant back this year, we will make the 8

Frankly, I cannot support organized labor. I feel that it does more harm than good. Can this country handle a major strike? I think not. Maybe we need some better collective bargaining going to keep this machine of the people, the people it turns its back on itself, reduced to a minimum.

Guest Vitamin X
Huh, I thought that someone else liked the Arena Football League as much as I did. Guess I was wrong.

(points to LA Avengers flag in his sig)

Well, Geelong fucked up badly, and how terrible were Essendon? Granted they had 7 name guys out, but still, 94 points? Awful.