TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HVilleThugg

State of the Fed Thread

Dude...that concert IS the kind of stuff I love about this fed. You gotta write it...cause...well, cause it may not be "spontaneous" per say, but it's the kind of you never know thing I love.

Write it and stop being a bitch! :)

Da "still wants people to write" H

You know what's ironic.

The more I read this thread and the 'this fed isn't as fun as it used to be, things need to change' style posts, the less hyped I am about writing that concert. Not exactly inspiring stuff.

Maddix - people write how they want to write. If people want to say that the Fed now isn't as good as it was, then they have the choice to come back and change it. Personally, I love your promos and really want to see what the hell you're coming up with here.

Let's put it another way. If you don't write that concert, I'm going to spontaneously and non-sensically attack you each and every show from now until someone bans me from the board.

Motivated yet? ;)

Guest PimpDaddySarp

I warned y'all to take what I've been saying with a grain of salt...

If you guys are still having a blast in this fed, then, by all means, continue doing that because this fed is about having fun.

It is you actives who continue to give the fed life. Not washed-up retirees like good ol' PDS here. It's just that my Kickass Sunglasses give me vision and every once and a while I just gotta break it down for y'all, old-school style.

People write how they want to write. If people want to say that the Fed now isn't as good as it was, then they have the choice to come back and change it.

^ Read it people. It does sort of sum it up.

Maddix...I swear to you... if I don't see Landon Maddix in Concert...

I WILL CRY.

You don't want me to cry, do you?

DO YOU!?

*tears well up*

You know... this might almost be worth it.

:P

The one thing that I took away from PDS's commentary is that the boards do, in fact, seem dead a lot of the time. Nobody comments on anybody else's writing anymore; it seems to me as if people don't really concern themselves with anyone's matches or storylines other than their own.

The fed seems absentee a lot of the time; we're not really interacting with each other... One of the reasons I started doing the HOLT report is that it made me read everybody's work, react to it, and then think about what each match would have meant in the context of the show itself. I wish that I had more time to start it up again, and hopefully after I get settled down in Washington, I'll be able to get back to it.

I'm just saying that more feedback would go a long way towards picking things up around here; people are a lot more likely to take an interest in your work when you're taking an interest in theirs...

- Dub Cee

It's just that my Kickass Sunglasses give me vision and every once and a while I just gotta break it down for y'all, old-school style.

I become wistful.

Really, I think everyone has got decent ideas, but one thing fun to do, similar on what Raynor said - I got to the point where, working with Wilson and Silent so much, I trusted them with the Edwin character to any extent. They generally felt the same way.

It was a great blend of elaborate plans and the impromptu - I'd tell Wilson, "Well, I think we should do some sort of rivalry promo," just offhand, and he'd whip something out. And I'd come back with something. With Silent, we just had some crazy-ass ideas, he wrote one promo on a whim, and it all went from there.

So, if you find a few favorite collaborators within the walls of the fed, give them absolute, unbridled permission to write and use your character. If they write something, come back, and vice versa. The kick you can get from basically sharing your character's potential with another person blows it wide open for both of you, and most of the best angles I ever did had that spirit behind them.

(I leave exception room for the Grand Slam retirement angle, which we planned out meticulously to the point of individual hints in short show promos - so that can work too. In moderation.)

Relax, the concert will be coming...you can put the tissues away Rando. :P I just hate negative talk I guess. Happened all the time in the JL, but I won 10 matches in a row down there.

Just thought I'd remind you all...

GS has said about three times 'do what you think', but everytime someone else has posted praising the spontanity. Maybe we should just listen to GS and...you know...do something.

All I'm saying is we've been here for 4 pages worth of saying what should be done. Maybe it's time to do it. I'll try and get some positive vibes back onto the board later on...

WC, your HOLT reports showed effort to make things interesting, which is something we need. I might do something like that until you're able to continue the reports.

Interactivity is something we need. We NEED a veteran of the fed or two to comment on the matches on the show and give feedback. We NEED people to give feedback on the shows. We NEED(maybe not need, but bear with me) Quarter Year Awards. At the end of this month we should have a mini-award show for the months of Jan, Feb and Mar...I'd be more than happy to organize it all, and I probably will do unofficially if no-one decides to make it an official thing.

Basically...I'm going to be doing more stuff to get the boards active, and hopefully people will follow suit.

Da "Shouldn't End Posts Like This..." KC

Well, except the drugs part...I don't do drugs....just weed.

Weed is drugs.

And therein lies the humorous contradiction in that statement. Haven't you ever seen "Half Baked".

Da "it's not as funny if you have to explain it" H

And therein lies the humorous contradiction in that statement. Haven't you ever seen "Half Baked".

No, I'm afraid not. And I do know some people who when told that I wouldn't give anyone a lift in my car who'd been using drugs, replied "does weed count?". So I wasn't ruling out the possibility that you were serious.

LOL.

So, you won't give people rides who've done drugs before? Do you think that's a little judgemental?

Da "..." H

No, i meant "have been using" as in "is currently under the influence of". I have three rules about my passengers:

1) No-one under the influence of illegal drugs gets a ride

2) No-one smokes in the car

3) No-one who's already thrown up that evening gets a ride unless I know them REALLY well.

I did have one about no passengers committing drive-by shootings, but I was forced to waive that.

I have three rules about my passengers:

3) No-one who's already thrown up that evening gets a ride unless I know them REALLY well.

Number two and three I can understand, but I think you're just being a little dick about the first one.

Number two and three I can understand, but I think you're just being a little dick about the first one.

I'd assume that first one is so if he for some reason gets busted and they test him and his companions, no one shows up as drugged and they get in more shit. Or something. *shrug*

I'd agree with those. I'd probably give them a ride if they were under the influence, maybe because there's no real trouble I can get into if we are busted and they test positive for some drugs. I wouldn't be high, and I wouldn't have any on my person, so there'd be nothing that the cops can do. But, I can't fault someone else for having that rule.

Da "so hung over" H

I came in here to talk about the fed, and you're all talking about weed now. Maybe THIS is the problem with the fed! You're all a bunch of potheads, aren't you? AREN'T YOU? AREN'T YOU?

Anyways, I'll just offer this up: I think some kind of mixture between the two points of view on the whole spontaneous vs. massive planning thing is good. Erek Taylor and I wrote a TON of promos against each other. Some were planned, some weren't. I'd suggest just writing a promo, and quickly running it by the other guy before you post it. That way, anything that would majorly compromise another person's character would have a chance to get edited out, but you get to have a fresh new view on your character from a perspective other than your own. Erek's promos (especially during the first stretch of our feud back in summer 2002) taught me a ton about my character that I never saw before, which is why having other people write promos about your character where you have little to no input in the end result is most certainly a good thing. I'd say that Erek probably feels the same way, although I can't be positive about that. But I'd just say to go with what feels right. If you notice your writing is going against the plan you have, then change the angle or whatever ASAP. Odds are whatever you write off the cuff there will be far superior than what you produce by just sticking to the script.

I'd assume that first one is so if he for some reason gets busted and they test him and his companions, no one shows up as drugged and they get in more shit. Or something. *shrug*

Nah - it's cos I refuse to associate with people who are on drugs. I do know some people who do weed and stuff, but the moment they start smoking it, I leave.

I work with drug addicts now. I don't want to get involved with it in my social life too.

Guest Fire and Knives

Every time somebody talks about bud and drug addiction, I laugh 'till my lunch shoots out my nose.

Hamburger hurts when it comes out through my nostrils. Fuck you guys.

K.

Now, see, as long as it's a decent friend of mine, I'd actually be more likely to give them a ride if they've been on something. I know it's not hard to drive stoned, but I'd rather get somebody who's on something home without them having the chance of a nasty run-in with the 5-0, or, say, a tree.

I'm a motherfuckin' cop killa.

Uh, ::scoop slam::

... says the dope fiend...

Yeah, whatever, dude... I'm just not a prick. I know for fucking sure that I'd rather drive three potheads home than three drunks. If you believe otherwise, then you have no idea what effects these drugs have.

Why would passengers get tested? As long as the driver is not under the influence of alcohol, the passengers can be. Why do think people are designated drivers? Or take taxis? As long as Toxxic isn't a maniac driver, there's no way he'd get pulled over.

Nah - it's cos I refuse to associate with people who are on drugs. I do know some people who do weed and stuff, but the moment they start smoking it, I leave.

I work with drug addicts now. I don't want to get involved with it in my social life too.

At least you're not one of those guys who is all like, "STOP USING DRUGS NOW, THEY'RE BAD FOR YOU, I DO NOT NEED DRUGS TO HAVE FUN etc", you just avoid behaviour you dislike.

Every time somebody talks about bud and drug addiction, I laugh 'till my lunch shoots out my nose.

Word.

Now, see, as long as it's a decent friend of mine, I'd actually be more likely to give them a ride if they've been on something. I know it's not hard to drive stoned, but I'd rather get somebody who's on something home without them having the chance of a nasty run-in with the 5-0, or, say, a tree.

Exactly. Toxxic, say a mate has been smoking weed and has the common sense not to drive home, would you still deny him a lift home because of your ridiculous rule? Would you let him drive home and put his life and other people's lives in more risk? Or would you let him walk home and run the chance of him getting mugged, attacked or raped? If yes... then you're really not a good friend.

... says the dope fiend...

Yeah, whatever, dude... I'm just not a prick. I know for fucking sure that I'd rather drive three potheads home than three drunks. If you believe otherwise, then you have no idea what effects these drugs have...

Eh, it has more to do with me not letting anybody ride with me; I'm kind of an asshole like that... I have a sort of unwritten rule: I'm the only swinging dick allowed in my car; the only other male I've ever allowed to ride with me is my son.

Heh. The space is always left open just for that chance of makking one of those huge-breasted women and taking her home, eh?