TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Members of the nWo...

Can someone give me a rundown of who joined the nWo when? And for the "major" characters, how they joined and how they left, if that fits in? For example I know the Giant was in the nWo in late 1996, but by early 1997 was back out. And what about everyone else?

Bret Hart seemingly joins, quits, and rejoins nWo Hollywood several times during this period, and never wears an nWo shirt or explicitly states his membership in the nWo.

Probably the most confusing fuck about Bret's status, I remember him coming out several times to the nWo theme (BatB 98 for example) and he was even on the nWo Hollywood shirt along with Hennig, Hogan, Hall, Giant, Steiner, and of course The Disciple.

And I never did understand Curt Hennig's joining / leaving the Woldpac booking.

Guest Mosaicv2

I also remember Bubba Rogers, Mike Rotundo (as M Wall Street) & Masahiro Chono bein early 96 & 97 members... but they all seemingly disappear out of know where... what was the deal... contract expire? or the whole nWo Japan thingy?

Somewhere around '99 I think. It was during the whole Bischoff / Flair feud. IIRC, Flair and Bisch had a match, David ran down and hit Ric with a roll of quarters, giving Bisch the win and the Presidency of WCW. David joined up with the nWo and got Torrie Wilson as his valet.

When in 98 was the Wolfpac formed?

Why did Scott Hall turn on Kevin Nash at Slamboree 98, but they didn't have a PPV match until Halloween Havoc?

When in 98 was the Wolfpac formed?

Sometime in late April following Bret Hart costing Savage the title the Nitro following Spring Stampede.

Why did Scott Hall turn on Kevin Nash at Slamboree 98, but they didn't have a PPV match until Halloween Havoc?

Dunno, why the delay, but the kayfabe reason for the turn was because of money.

I also remember Bubba Rogers, Mike Rotundo (as M Wall Street) & Masahiro Chono bein early 96 & 97 members... but they all seemingly disappear out of know where... what was the deal... contract expire? or the whole nWo Japan thingy?

Big Bubba was either kicked out or left the nWo as he feuded with them in early 1998 and then left for the WWF later that year.

When J.J. Dillon took over the commissioner role in WCW he came out and said that Michael Wallstreet's contract with the nWo wasn't valid and he wasnt part of the group. For awhile he walked around with a shirt on that had WCW with a slash through it. Then he dissappeared.

Somewhere around '99 I think. It was during the whole Bischoff / Flair feud. IIRC, Flair and Bisch had a match, David ran down and hit Ric with a roll of quarters, giving Bisch the win and the Presidency of WCW. David joined up with the nWo and got Torrie Wilson as his valet.

I must correct you (with all respect due). Flair beat bischoff in the match (the night following starrcade 98 when bisch shockingly beat flair with the help of curt hennig) to win the wcw president spot for 90 days (later won it for good by beating hogan at uncensored 99) David first came on tv after the ric flair heart-attack/poisoned angle in the lead up to starrcade. bischoff brought ric's family out to apoligize on the december 17, 1998 edition of nitro (I remember cuz it was my 16th B-day and I have it on tape still ) and faked an apology, but then attacked David and kissed ric's wife. also memorable for rics other son Reid attempting an amateur takedown of Eric (If you remember Flair left wcw for a time in 98 after bisch got mad at him for missing a thunder where they were supposed to reform the horsemen to be with reid at a wrestling tourney). anyhoo, I thinkit was Randy Anderson the late ref who faced bischoff in the hair match (in a revenge for eric "firing" randy after souled out 97--despite randy getting his job back by jj dillon that year, after flair became prez he re-hired randy? ahh thats another logic gap sotry for another day)or maybe it was dave? I can't remember anyways Randy won with the roll of quarters and eric got his head shaved, which lead to his gray haired days, and actually he wasn't seen much on tv after flair took over as prez in march.

Now Flair in his first interview as temporary prez in early 99, tried to book a nadicap match at souled out 99 with him against barry windham (who returned to wcw and turned on flair) and curt hennig, but David interjected and begged that her be his dad's partener. at the ppv, the flairs won , but the nwo beat up both afterwards. Now Flair was set to face Hogan at Superbrawl for the world title. The build-up for which included the nwo hijacking flairs limo and leaving him in the middle of nowehere to get beat up by hogan and hall and nash. Promos started appearing on tv with Torrie Wilson (then unnamed) talking to an unknown person off-camera promising that she would be at superbrawl if the mystery person did what he was supposed to do. at the ppv, a masked man attacked ric with a tazer and hogan won the match. afterwards the man unmasked to reveal DAVID FLAIR Torrie came out to do the full reveal and they hugged. SO Dave was nWo briefyl, until flair turned heel after uncensored and became the evil owner type, even handing Dave the vacant US Title, till he was destoryed for it by Chris Benoit in the late summer on Nitro.

So there you go.

anyways nWo members I remember

Hall

Nash

Hogan

Giant (kicked out night after starrcade 96 after he wouldnt give up a world title shot at hogan after winning the world war 3 battle royal, sting vs flair this wasn't)

Ted Dibiase(left to manage the steiners in summer 97)

Fake Sting

Vincent

Bischoff

Bagwell(faked leaving several times before finally leaving for good in early 99)

Rick Rude The only man to be in both DX and the nWo(joined wolfpac with henning then turned back to hollwood with curt)

Bubba (injured in 97, returned to find himself kicked out and he repackaged himself as Ray Traylor)

Wallstreet

savage (FORMED wolfpac with nash)

nwo Japan (kensuke sasaki,great muta, and others)

Curt Hennig(joined wolfpac but turned against them and konann after he lost his us title match to goldberg at great american bash 98)

Scott Steiner

Giant again joined by attacking nash during a wolf-pac/hollywood staredown interview in may 98

Bret Hart (kinda after helping hogan beat savage for the title, rejoined the new Russo-led nWo in late december 99 but it didnt go anywhere cuz bret only wrestled once cuz this was after he got hit by berg with the carrer killing kick)

Wolfpac

Nash (and Hall theoretically till he returned and turned on nash and cost them the tag belt against sting and giant-who had just turned nwo hollywood.)

Savage(injured in june 98 and didn't wrestle again till april 99)

Konnan

Hennig and Rude(see above)

Luger

Sting(left tv after havoc 98 and didnt come back 99)

nWo Hollywood

Hogan

Bischoff

Vincent

Disciple

Steiner

Giant

bagwell

Scott norton

Hennig and Rude

Jan. 4, 1999 the fingerpoke of doom creates the new wolfpac

Hogan

Nash

Luger

Steiner

Bagwell

Bischoff

and the rest were in the nwo bteam as it were

nWo 2000

Bret

Hall

Nash

Jeff Jarrett

Steiner

nWo Jarrett (they didn't really have a name)

Jeff

Harris Brothers

and that was the end of nWo in WCW

nWo-WWF

Hogan(turned face at mania 18)

Hall (fired in may 02)

Nash(blew the quad that ended the nWoo)

X-Pac

Big Show

Ric Flair(turned face again in June 02 after austin walked out)

Booker T(kicked out by HBK)

HBK

July 8, 2002

the last nWo match

Nash,X-Pac,Big Show,Benoit, and Eddie Guerreo(not members) vs Booker T, Goldust,RVD,Bubba Ray and Spike Dudley

Nash blows his quad but nwo still wins when Hbks interference lets Show pin Booker, shawn cuts a promo warning HHH that he better have a decision at Vengeance ,, but the nWo is ended by Vince the next week and he then introduced the new gm of raw ERIC BISCHOFF

Shawn turns Face, HHH joins RAW and turns heel and the rest is history.

sorry for rambling but as soon as I started to think, a whole bunch of stuff came out.

and forgive any typos as I don't feel like proofreading lol

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

No problem with typo's, that's a shit load of typing...unless you C&P everything...but still, you must know WCW a lot. I couldn't even follow WCW thanks to heel/face turns every 3 weeks...by the same people.

Louie Spicolli was nWo, and was set to face Larry Z. just before his death. Although I believe he was seen as a lackey, if only because there were so many people around the nWo all the time. I can't say for sure though, since I wasn't really watching at the time of his death.

nWo Hollywood also included Bryan Adams, Stevie Ray and Horace.

Disco Inferno was an nWo Wolfpac lackey (post-Fingerpoke of Doom).

I don't think nWo 2000 (aka Silver and Black, as it were) and the version with just Jarrett and the Harris Bros. should be separate. I believe the Harrisses joined before the group was decimated by injuries and such.

That's to say nothing of even more nWo extracirriculars, like Elizabeth, Dennis Rodman, Dusty Rhodes, Nick Patrick (referee in the nWo's pocket) and Mark Johnson (same).

And although they were never affiliated with the nWo in any way, here's the lWo's roster:

Eddie G.

Rey Mysterio Jr.

Juvi Guerrera

La Parka

El Dandy

Psicosis

Silver King

Damien

I also have vague memories of a couple Villanos running around, but I'm not sure.

Guest RickyB

I think he did one of his famous dissapearing acts. I think WCW wanted him to turn heel.... i really think a Warrior heel turn would have been great for his career. It wouldn't have been on Hogan levels but it would have brought some interest in a stale character.

Umm, all I know is that either he was booked for more shows but just didn't turn up OR WCW didn't know what to do with it after the failed Hogan/Warrior angle. He was only really brought back so Hogan cud get his job back from WM 6.

I always thought the nWo 2000 had the Harris Bros. included in that, as they joined at a later date.

And with the LWO roster, you forgot Eddie's bodyguard.

How did Warrior come back in WCW to feud with Hogan?

Hogan / Bischoff were cutting another pointless 20 minute charade on the mic on Nitro (I forgot the date, but it was in August I believe), but then the lights went out and Warrior appeared in this bright light and the entrance way, I didn't have the Internet so I along with a lot of people in the arena (no I wasn't there live) didn't know who it was. Schiavone and company did a great job of selling "Who is this guy?" And then when he got into the ring, the lights came back on, he grabbed the mic and said: "TALK TO ME WARRIORS!" And the arena went apeshit. Warrior then blasted Hogan on the mic with his usual Warrior University language where you can't undestand half the words that come out of his mouth. Yeah, I marked out, it was cool at the time.

oops I forgot about Syxx in the nWo, he was also a member of dx and nwo.

Brian Adams joined the regular nWo (before the split into factions) in early 98 and later was in hollywood

stevie ray joined in september 98 after losing the tv title to chris jericho (booker t was injured at the time)

Horace joined during the hogan-warrior match at havoc by hitting warrior with a chair. later nwo hollywood and b-team

yea also didnt mention guys like rhodes elizabeth, patrick,spicolli but I was thinking too fast lol

yea wcw was confusing during this era, but I have almost an encyclopedic memory of wrestling in the past decade. I remember insignificant details well.

I did have the net in 98 so I knew about warriors signing with wcw as it had been rumored for months. and lets not speak of the dumb smoke in the ring or the trap door that messed up davey boy smiths back and nealy led to his death in 99 (although drugs had a part he got an infection from back surgery) or the dumb hogan sees the warrior in the mirror and so do the announcers and audience but bischoff asks him whos hes talking to. man wrestlecrap did a good piece on this once.

Warrior tried to start the One Warrior Nation (oWn-really subtle) he kidnapped disciple (brutus beefcake) on a nitro and then later he was wearing a own vest so I guess he turned on hogan. The match at havoc apparantly was terrible (ive only seen clips) with hogan botching a fireball twice.

warrior dissapeared after the nitro after havoc i think.

I never understood the whole "Bubba and Wallstreet cannot be NWO members" deal. Isn't the whole thing with NWO that you're spitting in the face of your WCW contract to go work for DiBiase and Hogan? Whatever. I think the NWO should've ended after Starrcade 97.

Whatever. I think the NWO should've ended after Starrcade 97.

And if not at that date, when Goldberg defeated Hogan would have been a good ending point for the nWo as well.

nWo-WWF

Hall (fired in may 02)

X-Pac

Big Show

HBK

July 8, 2002

the last nWo match

Nash,X-Pac,Big Show,Benoit, and Eddie Guerreo(not members) vs Booker T, Goldust,RVD,Bubba Ray and Spike Dudley

Nash blows his quad but nwo still wins when Hbks interference lets Show pin Booker, shawn cuts a promo warning HHH that he better have a decision at Vengeance ,, but the nWo is ended by Vince the next week and he then introduced the new gm of raw ERIC BISCHOFF

sorry for rambling but as soon as I started to think, a whole bunch of stuff came out.

Ric Flair was in the nWo? I don't remember this at all. I rememebr Hall, Nash, Hogan, Waltman, HBK, Booker, and vaguely Big Show. But Flair is totally foriegn to me. He's never had any affiliation with any of those guys or even the original nWo. What were the circumstances around his joining?

nWo-WWF

Hall (fired in may 02)

X-Pac

Big Show

HBK

July 8, 2002

the last nWo match

Nash blows his quad but nwo still wins when Hbks interference lets Show pin Booker, shawn cuts a promo warning HHH that he better have a decision at Vengeance ,,  but the  nWo is ended by Vince the next week and he then introduced the new gm of raw ERIC BISCHOFF 

Ric Flair was in the nWo? I don't remember this at all. I rememebr Hall, Nash, Hogan, Waltman, HBK, Booker, and vaguely Big Show. But Flair is totally foriegn to me. He's never had any affiliation with any of those guys or even the original nWo. What were the circumstances around his joining?

I don't think Flair officially "joined" more so just turned heel and was an "nWo symphesier" in the way Bischoff is with Evolution, the way you can probably consider Vince when Hogan, Nash and Hall first came in. The group was never more than just a glorified stable since the "Finger Poke of Doom"

Right away Nash came back off suspension (Flair actually said "Yeah we know he wasn't really suspended just nursing an injury..." ) and then he brought in HBK as the new "sherrif" of the nWo

Now Flair did turn face after Austin left, but that was due to Flair losing a match to Vince for his share in the company with Brock doing a run-in costing him the match.

That may have been around the same night as the last nWo match as described

Ok, that sounds vaguely familiar. So, Flair never wore the "colors" of the nWo. I didn't think so. I think teh group became nothing more than a glorified stable when they split it into Wolfpac and Hollywood, the point remains the same. They could have been more if Vince didn't fuck the whole thing up form the get go with the his wierd "injecting a lethal dose of poison" promos. If they just showed up and started ransacking the place like they did in WCW and you actually won matches and stuff they would have gotten over. But instead we got a bizare promo at No Way Out where they said that they didn't want to kill the WWF and then had both Rock and Austin verbally punk them out in the back. Then we got Hall being taped to a chair adn held hostage while Hogan and Nash cried about it. And people wonder why this didn't work? I;m not saying it would have set the company on fire but it surely woudl have provided interest adn top level feuds that could have gone on for more than a month. Vince should have just brought back Hogan and left the other two behind, seeing as though Nash isn't really entertaining with out Hall and they didn't trust Hall not to fuck up and as such refused to push him.

Guest Stunt Granny

I can't believe nobody mentioned the greatest nWo member of them all.....STEVIE RAY!!!!! When he was leading the nWo B-Team that was the best thing going in WCW at the time.

And although they were never affiliated with the nWo in any way, here's the lWo's roster:

Eddie G.

Rey Mysterio Jr.

Juvi Guerrera

La Parka

El Dandy

Psicosis

Silver King

Damien

I also have vague memories of a couple Villanos running around, but I'm not sure.

You'll need to refresh my memory on that one. I thought Rey was protesting against the LWO and never joined. I seem to remember Eddie offering Rey a shirt, but Rey threw it down.

I can't believe nobody mentioned the greatest nWo member of them all.....STEVIE RAY!!!!! When he was leading the nWo B-Team that was the best thing going in WCW at the time.

Earlier in the thread...

nWo Hollywood also included Bryan Adams, Stevie Ray and Horace.

You'll need to refresh my memory on that one. I thought Rey was protesting against the LWO and never joined. I seem to remember Eddie offering Rey a shirt, but Rey threw it down.

Eddie kept making offers, and Rey kept turning them down. Rey eventually lost a stip match to Eddie, the stipulation being that Rey had to join the lWo (so Rey was a member, even if he was forced into it). Eddie forced Rey to wear an oversized lWo shirt as a joke for the remainder of the lWo's lifespan, in addition to regular beatings for insurgence.

Anyway, Eddie was attacked offscreen by the returning Wolfpac (this was around the time of Eddie's real life car accident). For their own safety Ric Flair talked the lWo into disbanding, but Rey kept wearing the shirt, which lead to Konnan and Rey's feud with the Wolfpac (and Rey losing his mask).

By the way, according to an old DDTDigest recap, Ciclope (currently known as Halloween) was also lWo.