Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

Teh HOLT Report for Teh Smarkdown

The HOLT Report on SWF Smarkdown

April 5th 2004

Live from the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey

Report by Terry Gibson of New York City, Smartmarks.com reader

Dark Matches:

- Jacob Helmsley returned, and beat Xstasy in 7:28 after a lead pipe shot and then the Black Stallion.

- Sacred beat John Aikmen at the 5:29 mark after the Cruel Fate.

- After a quick commercial for Battleground, Mike Van Siclen came to the ring and basically said the same stuff he said on Lockdown about Wildchild. None too happy, Wildchild eventually came out and told Van Siclen to 'Put up, or shut up'...

- Wildchild then beat Mike Van Siclen in 10:10 with a Wild Driver.

- Johnny Dangerous beat Ash Ketchum in 15:46 with the MI Slam. Great match.

- Aecas and Janus defended the SWF Tag Team Titles against 'Judge' William Hearford and Jamie Drazon in 9:25, after Aecas nailed Drazon with the Executioner...which is BRUTAL!

Smarkdown:

- Coy got a great reaction tonight...I think dropping the redneck-ness a little and getting serious has helped.

- Hmm...Allison likes Flesher, but Annie doesn't. Maybe we'll finally get heel-Flesch back soon. I sure hope so, because these mixed reactions he's getting are really confusing.

- IL got a nice reaction as he left...but the Unnamed arriving cut that off, which was kinda bad for the guy. Still, Todd brought out a great interview from somewhere, so it was all good.

- ZENON!?! Wow. The crowd went friggin' nuts for the guy, and rightfully so. He did his speech which got a great reaction, and then left...Mark stayed around for a while though. He thanked the fans for their support in recent weeks, and promised that he WOULD be back...and after giving Zenon another vote of confidence, he then promised that when he came back everyone would know about it. A huge 'Come Back Soon!' chant got going for a while, but but Mark cut it off saying it'd be much better if they chanted his name. So, the huge chant became another huge chant...this time a 'Grand Slam' one, as Mark left.

- Blanka? That's all I'm saying on the matter.

- Two segments with Maddix in a row? Talk about shoving the guy down our throats. And, oh, it looks like he's channeling the spirit of Ric Flair. Only for Zenon to promptly own him. It worked, because the crowd were loving Zenon for it.

- After Zenon and Mark's segmenet, and the show went off the air, Grappler, Coy and Clark remained in the ring. Grap grabbed the mic and called Duran out, saying that they didn't have to wait until Battleground. Which was funny, seeing as I don't think any match has been announced. Oh well. It's obvious anyway. Well, Duran came out and slowly walked down the ramp...but Todd and Landon decided to run out from behind, through the crowd. Grap took a chair shot from Todd, but Coy and Clark quickly took the House out. Grap then promptly no sold the chair shot, and joined in as Todd and Landon got destroyed. Duran decided not to help out his buddies, as Grap nailed them both with the Wake-Up Call...and then ran after Duran, leaving Coy and Clark to soak up the crowd's cheers for a while.

Biggest Pops:

1. Mark Stevens

2. Alexander Zenon

3. Charlie Matthews

4. Coy West

5. Danny Williams

Biggest Heat:

1. John Duran

2. Toxxic

3. Landon Maddix

4. Todd Royal

5. Stryke

I beat X? Shizzy!

What would be kinda cool is if you bring back OLD school WFers, JLers, and MLers to fight in the dark matches... ya know just to give them just a bit of exposure, even though they've come and gone. ;)

What would be kinda cool is if you bring back OLD school WFers, JLers, and MLers to fight in the dark matches... ya know just to give them just a bit of exposure, even though they've come and gone. ;)

Lightning Flik is NOT one of those people.

Landon I got no beef with.

Huzzah!

Err...yeah...back on topic.

Rando, brah (sheesh, I like ONE Eminem song and suddenly I'm calling people 'brah')...what can I say? Coy and Grap stole your limelight. :)

Taamo...I'll see about a tweeners list. It'll be a close call between you and Funyon though...