TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Confidential getting cancelled

From Buck Woodward at PWI:

"WWE will be canceling Confidential very soon. At this time, it is not yet determined what they will put in the spot, but that hour will have to be filled by WWE, as per their deal with Viacom.

The show has been doing low ratings of late, and is expensive to produce (which is why they take some weeks off and air repeats). That double whammy is doom for any show.

As I mentioned, WWE will keep the slot, so let the "return of ECW" or "return of WCW" rumors begin!

Seriously, I always thought there was a lot of potential in Confidential, but they never seemed to stick with one direction for the show, and as the ratings have shown, not a lot of fans were interested in it."

They'll probably make 1 hour of classic matches to fill in that spot. Or show an old Superstars or something.

I do hope they keep Mean Gene around in some capacity. I can't say I will miss the show. I found the segments they did with Brock to be super entertaining usually, but with Brock gone, I can't see myself sticking around for the mostly fluff pieces they do on the show.

I think given The current state of The WWE, as well as Wrestling In General that The WWE should move Velocity and whatever ends up replacing Confidential to Saturday Morning/Afternoon. When are they going to realize that The Majority of their Target Demographic Isn't home watching T.V. on Saturday Nights? :huh:

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Make it "Ultimo Dragon's 1 Hour Variety Show".

In between great skits with toilet bowl humor and midgets, he can do something incredibly lame like wrestle a good match. [/dumbass WWE mode]

Guest Choken One

here's something I don't get...

It's 10/11 on a Saturday NIGHT.

Why would ANYONE assume the fanbase will be home?

Vince should have argued for a Wednesday Night slot and take away the VERY small TNA market away by putting Velocity feauturing the popular Ultimo, London and CO. and having a CLASSIC HOUR show to promote 24.7...

If he gives you guys what he gives us then you'll be watching the Dangerous Alliance for the next few months and you don't have to watch Wrestlecrap like the Desperados and PN News vs. Mr. Hughes Main Events like we did for a few months.

In my dream world, on Monday Night they would have WWE RAW, on Thursday Night they would have WCW Nitro, and on Saturday night they would show ECW.

I'm sure they'll likely replay the entire Confidential series again starting from the first episode which would take them to the end of the Summer, and then at that point decide what to do.

I've been wishing for a hr of classic segments/matches/history since Excess, but of course now they won't do it because they'll be charging for it soon. Goddamn you 24/7!! If only I had PPV.

In my dream world, on Monday Night they would have WWE RAW, on Thursday Night they would have WCW Nitro, and on Saturday night they would show ECW.

Nitro on a THURSDAY? I don't think so, homefry.

THUNDER on Thursday.

But it makes more sense for Nitro to be Monday (Bischoff's show), Smackdown to the Thursday (Angle/Vince's show), and ECW to be Saturday.

Even though Raw is the flagship show... it doesn't make sense for Bisch to not be in charge of WCW in some shape or form.

Vince should have argued for a Wednesday Night slot and take away the VERY small TNA market away by putting Velocity feauturing the popular Ultimo, London and CO. and having a CLASSIC HOUR show to promote 24.7...

When I actually watched on a regular basis, I'd just tape it.

It was sometimes worth it, most of the time just a waste though.

When's the best of: Confidential 2 coming out?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

When I actually watched on a regular basis, I'd just tape it.

It was sometimes worth it, most of the time just a waste though.

When's the best of: Confidential 2 coming out?

Probably when WWE releases a Best of Chris Benoit DVD :lol:...oh shit, THEY ARE! nix that comment.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Where will I get to see Trish Stratus photo shoots from now on?! Where will I get to see women in bras and panties? WHERE OH WHERE WILL I FIND UNDRESSED WOMEN POSING?!

If only there was a place where I could conveniently see these things. *Sigh* I guess I'll just have to continue complaing about it on the internet until something gets done.

Guest FrigidSoul

Its a good thing they only invested time into making 5 episodes of the show over the past 2 or 3 years

Perhaps this is another step in their current attempts to make wrestling seem more real. With this move, every WWE-made show will be in kayfabe, which is a step in the right direction IMO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Where will I get to see Trish Stratus photo shoots from now on?! Where will I get to see women in bras and panties? WHERE OH WHERE WILL I FIND UNDRESSED WOMEN POSING?!

If only there was a place where I could conveniently see these things. *Sigh* I guess I'll just have to continue complaing about it on the internet until something gets done.

How about what wrestlers do during their "free-time" during trips?

No more Jericho roaming the streets of Japan?

No more Christian looking like he wants to kill himself rather than roam to fields of Ireland?

No more Matt and Christian at pancake houses?

What are we going to do?

As long as we have our memories CC... *bites fist* they can never take that from us

You forgot about football players doing the "five time" hand stare.

WWE Wrestlers at autograph signings and being there "for the troops".

And about 100 profiles on Trish Stratus. Come to think of it, maybe they're just changing the shows name to Confistratus.

*smacks head*

I'll especially miss those... and the photo shoots for magazines... You won't believe how often, as a child, I wondered "what would it be like to actually BE there, behind the scenes... of photo shoots and seeing how they do those highlarious ppv commercials". Why, I'd stay up all night just thinking about it.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

How about those tours of Al Snow's closets full of Hockey jerseys? (sniffle)

The only thing I WILL miss are the occasionally good outside the ropes segment (or whatever its called)