TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Confidential getting cancelled

My guess is that they will show some older shows to promote the 24/7 deal. Maybe that's just wishful thinking, but if I had to decide between seeing older WCW stuff from '96-'98 or seeing the return of ECW, I'd go with the WCW stuff.

When's the best of: Confidential 2 coming out?

Never. Volume 1 sold so poorly they decided not to bother.

Confidential started out really strong (with the really good pieces on HBK, Montreal, the Bobby Heenan bio, and the Austin walk-out), but turned into too much fluff (Bradshaw visits the troops, Torrie goes shopping).

I think everyone agrees that the best part of the show now is the classic matches.

Mad TV and SNL > Confidential!

At least Mean Gene doesn't break character and start cracking up in the middle of his skits like half the SNL cast does.

Never. Volume 1 sold so poorly they decided not to bother.

Confidential started out really strong (with the really good pieces on HBK, Montreal, the Bobby Heenan bio, and the Austin walk-out), but turned into too much fluff (Bradshaw visits the troops, Torrie goes shopping).

I think everyone agrees that the best part of the show now is the classic matches.

I think the only reason why the dvd sold so poorly was because a lot of people thoughts on it was "Why do I want to own this, when I just don't care or already seen it." I mean it wasn't like wrestling matches or anything other than the chopped up classic matches, so I could see why. The show was good when it first started off then HHH and a few other guys when bitching about how to much of the buisness was being exposed because of Tough Enough and confindental, so Confindental got marker thus began to suck.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

I would actually buy the DVD because I've seen Confidential in clips.

Sure, this free slot will let WCW and ECW rumours run rampid, but they might (for good) just end up showing old programming, i.e. WWE Classics.

Or the rumours might be half (or 1/4) right - WWE could run old ECW matches now that they have the video library.

Who knows?

I think the only reason why the dvd sold so poorly was because a lot of people thoughts on it was "Why do I want to own this, when I just don't care or already seen it." I mean it wasn't like wrestling matches or anything other than the chopped up classic matches, so I could see why.

All the matches on Volume 1 were full matches.

Snuka vs. Ray Stevens (12/28/82)

Scott Steiner vs. Booker T (the last Nitro)

Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels (Montreal)

Bret Hart vs. the British Bulldog (Summerslam 92)

I'd say it was worth buying just for those last two.

Really they had full matches on that dvd? I never even knew that, hell I don't think that was even promoted.

Really they had full matches on that dvd? I never even knew that, hell I don't think that was even promoted.

I couldn't believe it either at first, but yeah. They were the full matches.

I bought it just to finally see Montreal for myself instead of always just hearing about it.

bought it just to finally see Montreal for myself instead of always just hearing about it.

I was watching that match on PPV, but turned to a differant PPV channel to watch "booty call" (the guy had free ppv). I turned it back to catch the ending and it was over, I didn't find out how it ended till the next night on Raw and boy was I pist at myself. But I was a teen hoping for breasts to be shown, oh well shit happens.

^LOL^

I turned the channel right before Angle came out with the milk truck because I couldn't stand to hear Stephanie singing. If only I'd held on for a few more seconds.

You had to remind me of Stephanie's 'singing', didn't you?

I hope they don't go through with this. I, for one, love Confidential. :(

I don't have the opportunity to see the show, but I hope that it stays for you guys that want to watch it, because although it is essentially a fluff show, it has some damn interesting pieces on it.

Guest Deebo
here's something I don't get...

It's 10/11 on a Saturday NIGHT.

Why would ANYONE assume the fanbase will be home?

Vince should have argued for a Wednesday Night slot and take away the VERY small TNA market away by putting Velocity feauturing the popular Ultimo, London and CO. and having a CLASSIC HOUR show to promote 24.7...

Because the majority of the fans are nerds with no lives. This includes all of us.

here's something I don't get...

It's 10/11 on a Saturday NIGHT.

Why would ANYONE assume the fanbase will be home?

Vince should have argued for a Wednesday Night slot and take away the VERY small TNA market away by putting Velocity feauturing the popular Ultimo, London and CO. and having a CLASSIC HOUR show to promote 24.7...

Because the majority of the fans are nerds with no lives. This includes all of us.

Only about 2% of the fans.

But, well, yes.

If they do plan on cancelling the show, I wouldn't mind seeing a History of ECW piece on one of the final shows.

WWE is doing a Rise and Fall of ECW (or something of the sorts) DVD due out towards Fall this year.

Well, looks like Confidental isn't the only program getting changed.

As reported yesterday, WWE will be dropping Confidential soon. It appears that they will also be moving Velocity and Heat. As of May 3rd, Velocity will air at 7PM ET on Saturday while Heat will air at 10AM ET on Sunday.

-411Mania

Velocity at 7?

Well, at least I'll be able to catch an entire show of Velocity since it'll air before I leave for work.

As for Heat at 10 Am...ACTION ZONE VIBE! ^_^d

As reported yesterday, WWE will be dropping Confidential soon. It appears that they will also be moving Velocity and Heat. As of May 3rd, Velocity will air at 7PM ET on Saturday while Heat will air at 10AM ET on Sunday.

-411Mania

Does anyone even get up that early?

Well I guess it's time to start waking up at 8 to watch wrestling like I did when I was a little kid.

The only good part of Confidential was the old matches. Just pick a handful every week, have someone do a simple intro explaining the backstory of the matches, and you've got a solid hour of programming. It's not like they're hurting for old footage, especially from every defunct American wrestling organization that ever existed.

^RAW, for example, comes on at 8pm Central.^

-411Mania

Does anyone even get up that early?

Well I guess it's time to start waking up at 8 to watch wrestling like I did when I was a little kid.

**Has fond childhood memory of listening to Bobby Heenan bitch about Roddy Piper after getting home from church with Grandma**

Hey...wait a second! This mean no more live Heats once a month!

And they have to change the name of the show!

Heat to remain in same timeslot...

As reported earlier, WWE is shaking up their TV schedule. Confidential is being dropped, Velocity is being moved up to an earlier Saturday evening timeslot, and the plan is to introduce a brand new Sunday morning show. Heat will not move as previously reported. It is unknown what type of show will fill the Sunday morning slot.

Credit: PWTorch.com

This will just increase the ECW and/or WCW rumours - I mean, they're freeing up where Confidential was, and with the ratings, they don't need the show. As for Heat and Velocity, they can't get rid of those, so they're going to shift them to use their primetime slots.

That Sunday morning slot could be perfect for a WWE Classics show. Just start with whatever the oldest edition of WWF Championship Wrestling they still have is and show them all in order (with the mention of "WWF" conveniently muted out, of course).