TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zack Malibu

WWE Bring Back Great American Bash

According to the DVD/VHS release sheet I have at work from Sony, in July they are releasing three DVD's. The Benoit DVD, the Bad Blood DVD, and...

The Great American Bash.

I'm fairly certain this is in regards to the second June PPV, although I'm taken aback as to why Vince would resurrect an established NWA/WCW event name for his WWE PPV's. I know he owns it and all, but shouldn't the Bash legacy be left alone?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

The last two years the WCW had G.A.B. tarnished whatever greatness the name once had.

I'd mark for Starrcade though.

I'm fairly certain this is in regards to the second June PPV, although I'm taken aback as to why Vince would resurrect an established NWA/WCW event name for his WWE PPV's. I know he owns it and all, but shouldn't the Bash legacy be left alone?

I'm surprised too...perhaps they felt this experimental show needed a recognizable name in order for people to weed it out from all the other generic PPV names.

Also, the Bash legacy was already kinda tarnished by the Jericho-Dean screwjob, the Sting-Doberman incident, and the Human Torch match, so it's not that big a deal.

According to the DVD/VHS release sheet I have at work from Sony, in July they are releasing three DVD's. The Benoit DVD, the Bad Blood DVD, and...

The Great American Bash.

It would have fit better as the SD May PPV (see Angle's Great American trophy)...

Really I doubt that the turnaround time on PPVs to DVDs is less than a month.

The 2nd June PPV will be like the last week of June, no way its gonna be out on DVD in July.

Actually, I think the turnaround IS about a month, so the 6/27 show could be out in late July.

Isn't that about right, Zach?

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

When I first read that, I figured that it was just there because a name hasn't been thought up yet.

Although it would be cool.

Could it possibly mean an "invasion" of sorts...?

:huh:

Plus, it makes sense for All-American Kurt Angle (as GM) to pick this name for the show. That, and they have the US Title.

WWE still lists it as June 27-SmackDown! Pay Per View-Norfolk, Va.

What scares me is that there's only 2 weeks between the June PPV and Vengeance for Smackdown. If they decide to carry the Bradshaw feud over...he might get three PPV main events!

So does this mean the 10/19/04 RAW PPV will be Halloween Havoc?

So does this mean the 10/19/04 RAW PPV will be Halloween Havoc?

Please, God!

(I'm a mark for old-school WCW events)

Guest Dynamite Kido
When I first read that, I figured that it was just there because a name hasn't been thought up yet.

Although it would be cool.

Could it possibly mean an "invasion" of sorts...?

:huh:

Yes and it will be led by Bret Hart.

credit: Da Meltz

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Zack, how is Bad Blood in July?

....WWE releases their DVD's 3-4 weeks after the PPV. Jeez...

Guest M. Harry Smilac

Expect the opening to be Benoit,Jericho and Lance Storm walking out carrying American flags shouting HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ;)

I say revive Wargames.

According to the DVD/VHS release sheet I have at work from Sony, in July they are releasing three DVD's.  The Benoit DVD, the Bad Blood DVD, and...

The Great American Bash.

It would have fit better as the SD May PPV (see Angle's Great American trophy)...

Yeah...what he said.

Then again, maybe it will be.

I'm waiting for SummerSlamboree.

Zack, how is Bad Blood in July?

....WWE releases their DVD's 3-4 weeks after the PPV. Jeez...

Oh, I was thinking of the Pay-Per-View itself.

They release the Pay-Per-Views approximately two months after it airs here - which I didn't think was so bad.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I say revive Wargames.

Then Vince would have to agree that WarGames was a good idea. He may spontaneously combust though if he were to do that.

Again, this could all be a mistake.

I believe that it was Ticketmaster that would advertise WCW events as recently as five months ago.

And in regards to WarGames... Vince will do almost anything to increase ratings (yes he will), even if does end up coming up bad in the end, so who knows?

And if it were to be revived, things might even work.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
You'd think that Bischoff would be the first one to dig up a WCW PPV name, not Angle/Smackdown... Hmm....

I can't think of a name that suits Angle's show better than The Great American Bash.

I believe that it was Ticketmaster that would advertise WCW events as recently as five months ago.

And in regards to WarGames... Vince will do almost anything to increase ratings (yes he will), even if does end up coming up bad in the end, so who knows?

It's from an official release date listing from Sony. It's not a mistake. With DVD's that they're unsure of, it says "working title" next to it. The GAB has no such phrase next to it. Granted it could change, but right now, the GAB will be a PPV event given the proof.

Guest M. Harry Smilac
I say revive Wargames.

Then Vince would have to agree that WarGames was a good idea. He may spontaneously combust though if he were to do that.

He'd probably just make it wwe'ized and have two hell in a cells put next to each other instead of the old school cages :D

It's from an official release date listing from Sony. It's not a mistake. With DVD's that they're unsure of, it says "working title" next to it. The GAB has no such phrase next to it. Granted it could change, but right now, the GAB will be a PPV event given the proof.

Oh, of course.

Well, in that case, if I didn't know that it were a SmackDown! Pay-Per-View (...), then I could predetermine it as a Raw-announced, know-it'll-suck-from-the-outset sort of event.

But that's so 2003. Right?

Right?

Guest JumpinJackFlash
WWE still lists it as June 27-SmackDown! Pay Per View-Norfolk, Va.

Sweet music to my ear.... :)

Maybe it's a "Best Of" DVD.

Maybe it's a "Best Of" DVD.

It would have said it. Plus, we know there are two June PPV's, so with three DVD's coming out in July, just do the match.

Bad Blood=PPV

GAB=PPV

Benoit=Best Of Collection

There ya go.

The Great American Bash 98 was the last good one. The following two sucked ass.