TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zack Malibu

WWE Bring Back Great American Bash

Guest Askewniverse
The Great American Bash 98 was the last good one. The following two sucked ass.

GAB '98 wasn't that good. Benoit-Booker is the only match worth watching.

Guest Choken One
I say revive Wargames.

Then Vince would have to agree that WarGames was a good idea. He may spontaneously combust though if he were to do that.

He'd probably just make it wwe'ized and have two hell in a cells put next to each other instead of the old school cages :D

which is pretty much what the War Games cage was...

Although not seperated. It was just a giant ass Cage over two rings.

I loved the Triple Cage War Game...Not the match but the cage itself...

The Great American Bash 98 was the last good one.  The following two sucked ass.

I disagree. Jericho/Malenko, Saturn/Kanyon, and Eddie/Chavo all rocked it.

I say revive Wargames.

Then Vince would have to agree that WarGames was a good idea. He may spontaneously combust though if he were to do that.

Vince already has his own creation, Elimination Chamber. That's his War Games.

Guest Askewniverse
The Great American Bash 98 was the last good one.  The following two sucked ass.

I disagree. Jericho/Malenko, Saturn/Kanyon, and Eddie/Chavo all rocked it.

I disagree.

Jericho-Malenko was okay, but isn't really worth watching. The DQ finish really killed it for me. Seriously, a DQ finish in a cruiserweight match for the vacant title?

Saturn-Kanyon was decent, but it's not great. The beginning is okay, but the rest of the match is pretty dull. The ending was kinda goofy, with two wrestlers dressed as Mortis interfering.

Eddie-Chavo was boring. There were too many restholds, which the crowd responded to with a loud "boring" chant. Their rematch at the following PPV (Bash at the Beach) was a lot better.

World Wrestling Entertainment will be reviving an old WCW tradition this June as their Sunday 6/27 PPV will be titled "The Great American Bash." The Bash will take place in Norfolk, Virgina and will be based around patriotic themes. Norfolk is the home of the largest naval base in the world. Promotional photos of Torrie Wilson dressed as Uncle Sam will be used to market the event as well. WWE also plans to announce they will allow members of the military to view the PPV for free as well.

The Great American Bash was a series of summer events promoted by Jim Crockett Promotions in the late 1980s. The Baltimore, Maryland stop of the July 1988 Great American Bash was aired live on PPV, headlined by NWA champion Ric Flair defeating Lex Luger when the match was "stopped" due to Luger's bleeding by the State Athletic Commission. That show was the first NWA event that was available nationally through all cable systems on PPV.

The Baltimore Bash became an annual NWA/WCW PPV fixture and the name was used regularly by the NWA and later WCW until 2000.

The 6/27 Bash show is one of two additional PPVs WWE is adding to their roster this year. The second is PPV scheduled for Tuesday 10/19, although no name has been announced for the show.

pwinsider.com

The 6/27 Bash show is one of two additional PPVs WWE is adding to their roster this year. The second is PPV scheduled for Tuesday 10/19, although no name has been announced for the show.

pwinsider.com

I got $20 on "Halloween Havoc".

Any chance that they'll bring back the red, white, and blue ring ropes for the Great American Bash or no?

I would mark out for those!!!

Thanks.

Guest Repo Man Reborn

So will Benoit be defending the belt against EVERYONE on the roster?

That's what made the GAB great.

Flair vs. Dusty

Flair vs. Hawk

Flair vs. Animal

Flair vs. Luger

Flair vs. Batman

Guest nikowwf

I'd have to think that extra October PPV would be HALLOWEEN HAVOC?

niKo

Yes. Now they can relive those fantastic Great American Bash memories like Luger/Windham for the title and the Sting/Vampiro flaming stuntman match.

Oh TAG~!

Unless this is some $9.99 PPV, or the card is superb from top to bottom, they're going to be hard-pressed to get anyone to order the show, especially if it's right after a Sunday PPV.

And what of the rosters? If it's a SD! PPV, do they then go with a live SD! two days later?

It's a Tuesday RAW PPV on October 19...so I assume the 10/21 SD would be live, or taped Wednesday instead of something.

It'll be interesting to see how it does.

Make it October 19th is strange because that will either be during the ALCS or the World Series so I don't know how many people Vince actually thinks is going to order the October 19 event.

Thanks.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
World Wrestling Entertainment will be reviving an old WCW tradition this June as their Sunday 6/27 PPV will be titled "The Great American Bash." The Bash will take place in Norfolk, Virgina and will be based around patriotic themes. Norfolk is the home of the largest naval base in the world. Promotional photos of Torrie Wilson dressed as Uncle Sam will be used to market the event as well. WWE also plans to announce they will allow members of the military to view the PPV for free as well.

Do I live 20 minutes from Norfolk? YES I DO! My first WWE PPV :-p When do tickets go on sale?

Wait I thought the June PPV was in Columbus (moved from Louisville)