TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wildbomb 4:20

Worst Uniforms of All Time

Is it just me, or do the Marlins want to make a direct relation to the Yankees? I turned on my TV the other night, and it took me a second to make sure I was watching the Marlins and not the damned Yankees.

Include the Mets third jerseys, along with the Bruins alternates as well.

Guest Bottled Black
Include the Mets third jerseys

If you're referring to the Hideous Orange ones, those are Spring Training only. Their real 3rd jerseys are the black ones.

My money is on either the short lived White Sox uniforms with the shorts. or the 80's Astros rainbow uni's

The Mets really need to get rid of black in their uniform all together and go back to their 80's look.

I'd say the new Blue Jays uniforms are going to rank among all-time worst pretty soon. Maybe they'll come to their senses and ditch them after one year.

Guest Anglesault

The new Blue Jays (Their fourth in six years or something like that)

The Twins' hideous pinstripe pants/blue solid shirt.

The new Blue Jay ones aren't that bad, they're just missing something. Right now they just look like cheap t-shirts with the logo splashed across them.

And, really, this is only the 3rd major change they've had in their history. I personally wouldn't have changed them again this year, but I don't think they're that bad.

Guest Anglesault
The new Blue Jay ones aren't that bad, they're just missing something

They're the frigging Devil Jays.

And, really, this is only the 3rd major change they've had in their history

How the hell long have they been around?

And it's more noticeable because one of those looks lasted much longer than the others.

The jerseys need some piping or trim on them somewhere to make them look better.

I think this is their 28th or 29th year, so 3 changes isn't such a huge deal.

Guest Anglesault

Three changes in thirty years is kind of stupid in itself.

A baseball team needs to change it's look every ten years?

AS, I'm surprised you don't hate so much on the copycat World Champion Florida Yank-I mean, Marlins.

Keeping with the theme, I hereby nominate the New York Islanders fisherman logo sweaters, the current Maple Leafs jersey (that logo just doesn't look as crisp these days), the old school Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the assured hideousness that will be the Bobcats unis, as the NBA can't come up with anything decent these days.

Which Leaf ones? I can understand not liking the home dark ones, though they're far from being anywhere near the worst of all time, imo.

With you on the Isles fisherman things, though.

Guest Anglesault
All the Jays new uniforms have to do is change the black to blue. That's it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Bruin's alternate teddy bear motif ones.

Truer words have never been spoken. Even players on the Bruins make fun of them (Big Hal Gill did in The Hockey News a few issues back).

There are others that are close (e.g. when the Padres wore the camo patterned unis a few seasons back) but in terms of out-and-out embarressing, no professional uniform is even comparable with the B's 3rd sweater.

The old school Chanucks are by far the worst ever pic-canucks-belfour.jpg

Far from it ... the old Cooperall 'Nucks uniforms are actually pretty sweet, I think.

Ones like the brown Vancouver sweaters, or the orange Astros jerseys, fit in perfect for the era that they were worn in. Would they go over well now? Probably not. But in 20 years people will look at some of the 'best' ones now and think that they're heinous. (e.g. all the fucking teal uniforms ... it seems like half the new teams in the 90s wore a variant of teal, and they already look stupid now. Imagine how much uglier they'll be in 15-20 years?!?)

<snip>, as the NBA can't come up with anything decent these days.

I beg to differ. The new retroish Sonics that they introduced last year is great IMO.

NBA-NIKEJERSEY-004.jpg

NBA-RBREPJERWH-001.jpg

Ones like the brown Vancouver sweaters, or the orange Astros jerseys, fit in perfect for the era that they were worn in. Would they go over well now? Probably not. But in 20 years people will look at some of the 'best' ones now and think that they're heinous. (e.g. all the fucking teal uniforms ... it seems like half the new teams in the 90s wore a variant of teal, and they already look stupid now. Imagine how much uglier they'll be in 15-20 years?!?)

Have the Canucks EVER looked good? The hockey rinks were bland, the Flying Vs have been well documented, the skate was decent once they starting wearing white at home (read below), and the shark is bland as well. I was watching classic NHL on Wednesday and they showed Flames vs. Canucks from '89 and Vancouver was sporting yellow sweaters at home. I actually yelped because it hurt my eyes. Now the Dallas Uteruses sweater is just plain ugly, but the yellow sweaters with the skate....AH!

What people are REALLY going to laugh at are the NBA uniforms in the 90s with all the cartoony crap, like the Hawks, Raptors, Rockets, Vancouver Grizzlies, Detroit Pistons in teal, all that.

I heard that the Utah Jazz are scrapping the mountain jerseys to go back to the old logo...why? If any team needs to not reinvent itself by reinventing its past (what the hell...damn you throwback trend), it's the Jazz of Salt Lake City.

Guest ToddRoyal

The old Mighty Ducks third jerseys were ridiculously bad.

The Camo Padres uniforms were awful.

The lime green Hawks throwback jerseys are pretty bad too.

I really don't like the Hank Aaron-era Braves jerseys.

What was baseball thinking in the 70s? NOBODY looked good, to say nothing about the collars-and-shorts White Sox.

Oh God, what about those red uniforms the Indians wore? They're known as the "blood clot" uniforms because Boog Powell used to look like a blood clott running to first base.

Guest Anglesault
What was baseball thinking in the 70s? NOBODY looked good,

75s-munson.jpg

Edit: Please never say this

I turned on my TV the other night, and it took me a second to make sure I was watching the Marlins and not the damned Yankees.

again.

Edited by Anglesault

What was baseball thinking in the 70s? NOBODY looked good,

75s-munson.jpg

Edit: Please never say this

I turned on my TV the other night, and it took me a second to make sure I was watching the Marlins and not the damned Yankees.

again.

Touche. But for every classically dressed Yankee you have a powder-blue Brave, a White Sock in shorts and a collared shirt, a deep-red Indian, and a polyester Pirate.