Here's what I know:

Took out the League indirectly.

Beat the Punisher in Jla/Avengers

Draw with Daredevil

Knocked out a ringless Guy Gardner

Lost to wonder woman

one win against the Hulk

One loss to the Hulk

Sorry, my mind is blank right now, a little help?

If memory serves, he didn't actually beat Captain America, they just kinda decided to stop fighting. Also, Frank Miller must hate Superman, because Bats kicked his ass in DKR and DKSB as well. In the "real" world canon, Batman whipped an Ivy-controlled Superman's ass in the recent Hush storyline.

Superman can never be cool. He's been beaten by Batman too many times decisively.

DC shouldn't be surprised when people call him "lame."

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
DKR is an elseworld's story

Keep saying that, just don't be surprised when you get that answer EVERY time you start this topic up.

TDKR is THE driving influence in the last twenty years of Batman comics. It's more canon then anything else.

Guest The Midnight Rocking Warrior

Ok, why did no one answer me when I asked if a possessed Supes knocked out Batman easily in Day of Judgement # 4? And about to have your skull crushed by a car wielding Superman in hush is whipping his ass? And Dark Knight returns is possible, happy?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Ok, why did no one answer me when I asked if a possessed Supes knocked out Batman easily in Day of Judgement # 4? And about to have your skull crushed by a car wielding Superman in hush is whipping his ass? And Dark Knight returns is possible, happy?

This was already discussed, IN DEPTH, before.

- Hush was a clear victory for Bats, he evaded Superman long enough that he could put a plan into motion to destroy his will to fight. The reason Superman was going to crush Bats with a car is because Bats STOPPED running, the plan was in motion and there was no reason to keep throwing stuff at Supes when he would have him back on his side in a couple seconds anyway.

- I've never read Day of Judgment, but "knocking out" is pretty weak when you consider all the times Bats has made Supes look like a fool.

Fair enough, alright, I'll name a different hero, Spectre 2 (Hal)

I mean who what other heroes has he fought?

Nine times out of ten, Bats will beat Supes.

The tenth time? He only loses because he wants to lose.

Face it, Bats > Supes. Always has been, always will be.

If memory serves, he didn't actually beat Captain America, they just kinda decided to stop fighting.

Right! And that was and awful mini-series anyway. Decided by the fans. Therefore it was a popularity contest. That's the only contest won between Cap and Bat. Captain America had his number in Avengers/JLA.

He made Superman his bitch in The Dark Knight Returns.

That was completely unbelievable. It totally disregarded all of Superman's abilities. A poor job of writing on Miller's part (although DKR is excellent otherwise).

No. 98 times out of a 100, Batman would lose to Superman.

Of course, anyone could lose to anyone. These characters aren't real and don't follow logic so any write could write any outcome.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Fair enough, alright, I'll name a different hero, Spectre 2 (Hal)

They've never fought, but the fact that you even have to ask is an admission of just how tough Bats is.

Spectre is the right hand of God himself.

Batman... he's just a man who's reached his fullest potential in mind and body.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

That was completely unbelievable. It totally disregarded all of Superman's abilities. A poor job of writing on Miller's part (although DKR is excellent otherwise).

No, it was brilliant. It illustrated a simple point:

With sheer will and a plan one man can move mountains.

That's not what I meant. I meant what other heroes has the Spectre fought? And I thought the Jla/avengers fight between Cap and Bats was pretty even.

It's very, very rare to see the Spectre "fight" anyone. His character is so ridiculously powerful that he's rarely used by any writers, except for the Alan Moores of the world. The only time I recall him actually trying to fight something (and losing) was when he tried to take on the big black Anti-God in Moore's run on Swamp Thing.

That's what it symbolized and there's nothing wrong with that. It makes no logical sense though.

Logic and comics. A bit of a stretch!

And I thought the Jla/avengers fight between Cap and Bats was pretty even.

Fairly even actually. With Captain America having the advantage. Batman's a better detective; Captain America's the better fighter. Not by a whole lot but...

Of course, anyone could lose to anyone. These characters aren't real and don't follow logic so any write could write any outcome.

I respectfully disagree.

Batman could take down the whole fucking DC universe, if he wanted to.

He's the REAL ubermensch.

I respectfully disagree.

Batman could take down the whole fucking DC universe, if he wanted to.

He's the REAL ubermensch.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

That's what it symbolized and there's nothing wrong with that. It makes no logical sense though.

It does make sense. Batman fought dirty, and by the time Superman was willing to really FIGHT with him it was too late.

It does make sense. Batman fought dirty, and by the time Superman was willing to really FIGHT with him it was too late.

I guess we'll just have to agree that you're wro-

I mean, we'll have to agree to disagree!

Peace.

No one ever seems to remember this, but Superman was in fairly bad shape entering the fight with Bats in DKR. I mean, he was a bloody skeleton, a few days ago. That's not a knock on Bats, he's an opportunist; but it makes it more 'realistic'. And the fact that DC wouldn't decide forever if DKR was canon, pretty much makes it canon in my book.

And the fact that DC wouldn't decide forever if DKR was canon, pretty much makes it canon in my book.

In your twisted mind, perhaps.

DKR isn't canon, for the simple reason of Gordon's wife. She's one of his main motivations in the book, remember? "I just think of Sarah..." Which was all shot to hell when Joker killed her at the end of No Man's Land.

Plus, if you accept DKR as canon... then you've probably also gotta take Dark Knight Strikes Back too. And who in their right minds would want to open that can o' worms?

DKR isn't canon, for the simple reason of Gordon's wife. She's one of his main motivations in the book, remember? "I just think of Sarah..." Which was all shot to hell when Joker killed her at the end of No Man's Land.

Plus, if you accept DKR as canon... then you've probably also gotta take Dark Knight Strikes Back too. And who in their right minds would want to open that can o' worms?

Very true. I've always been under the assumption that DKR is not canon. Just because it's a crowning achievement in the super hero doesn't necessarily mean that it's canon. Writers just like making references to it because it's an alternate ending for the Batman mythology, just like how Magog from Kingdom Come appeared in the Superman series.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
DKR isn't canon, for the simple reason of Gordon's wife.  She's one of his main motivations in the book, remember?  "I just think of Sarah..."  Which was all shot to hell when Joker killed her at the end of No Man's Land. 

Plus, if you accept DKR as canon... then you've probably also gotta take Dark Knight Strikes Back too.  And who in their right minds would want to open that can o' worms?

Very true. I've always been under the assumption that DKR is not canon. Just because it's a crowning achievement in the super hero doesn't necessarily mean that it's canon. Writers just like making references to it because it's an alternate ending for the Batman mythology, just like how Magog from Kingdom Come appeared in the Superman series.

It doesn't matter if it's canon.

It's the most influential comic of the 80's. It pretty much defines who Batman is from that point on.

It's canonical status is a moot point.