TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

What in all f'ing hell is wrong with the Yankees?

Guest Anglesault

Good FUCKING LORD.

What in the living fucking hell is happening with this team? They're disgusting.

Going into tonight's game, these were the team's offensive stats, and honestly, I don't think they could have gotten that much better.

(all stats for AL)

- last in team BA

- 12th in SLG

- last in OBP

- 13th in OPS

- last in Hits

- 1st in Walks

- last in Ks (meaning fewest strikeouts - a very good thing)

- Tied 4th for HRs

- 10th in Runs

- 9th in RBIs

That's your "New Murderers Row" folks. We've managed to get an assload of walks, but we can't do a God Damn thing with them. And this was a line up that actual professionals were comparing to some of the best of all time.

And don't even get me started on the pitching. Brown is the only guy on the entire staff that has impressed me this year. Even Mo can't find the 1-2-3 inning anymore.

I'm sick and tired of hearing "Oh, it's early!" The Yankees SUCK right now, and it's making me sick because I have absolutely no idea why. It'd be much easier on me if there was a concrete reason that this is happening that can be fixed.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

they suck because it's early. Some guys get off to slow starts, and apparently that includes the entire Yankee lineup.

all you have to do is beat the Jays and the A's (or Angels) for the wild card. I wouldn't be going into panic mode just yet.

Guest Anglesault
they suck because it's early. Some guys get off to slow starts, and apparently that includes the entire Yankee lineup.

And the pitching staff.

And the pitching staff.

Dude, being an A's fan I have had to endure shitty first half starts for the past 3 years thinking, "no way they catch fire after the all-star break.....AGAIN" and sure enough they do. A lot of pitchers get stronger and better as the season goes on and they put more innings in, as long as they are not OVERworked in the first half.

Agreed with Ratings. Baseball is largely a game of organized chance. Its like playing blackjack, or poker. Play smart, and you'll win more often than you lose. But sometimes the other guys will draw better cards and there is nothing you can do about it. 30-40 at bats is miniscule in the baseball universe, and you really can't gather anything from them. That they are drawing walks is an encouraging sign. You can't expect more from them.

Guest Anglesault

Please, please don't use the A's as a tool to reassure me.

That they are drawing walks is an encouraging sign. You can't expect more from them.

I CAN'T?

Just watch me.

I expect them to do something, anything positive with those walks.

I expect them to get more than four or five hits a game.

I expect these people to at least bat as well as their weight.

I expect that they hit Paul Abbott

Are my demands so high?

I'm watching other teams do it!

Because when you have a game where your best players fail 60% of the time, sometimes it will bite you. You just have to be patient, stay positive, and wait for the eventual turnaround.

Guest Anglesault
You just have to be patient, stay positive,

I'm doing that, but my patience is rapidly dissipating and my positive demeanor can't take much more of this.

.500 baseball in a 10 game stretch is cause for mass suicide apparantly.

Their owner has a coronary if they don't win the World Series, that should put things in perspective... :rolleyes:

Guest Anglesault
.500 baseball in a 10 game stretch is cause for mass suicide apparantly.

They haven't been nearly as good as the record suggests. They snuck more thana few by by the skin if their teeth.

Guest Anglesault
Oy vey -- it's APRIL.

The Yanks are going to be just fine...

Well, if April means nothing, perhaps they should forgo the formality of stiking up the joint every day and just forfeit the rest of the games? That'll get them in the playoffs.

I suppose May games mean nothing too?

Guest Anglesault
If it helps, they're only 1/2 game out of first place.

And the fourth best team in the division.

Edit: Another thing. Is it so much to ask for them to at least be competitive against archrival Boston? Especially a shorthanded Boston?

Edited by Anglesault

Guest Bottled Black

Oh my God man. It's 10 games into the season, didn't they start like 4-5 in 98 when they proceeded to win 114 games and walk all over everyone in the playoffs. Relax. There's a whole shitload of games to still be played.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I'm a Yankee fan, and I admit, this year is pretty bleh. But the Yanks ALWAYS start out bad. Maybe not 5-5 bad, but they usually lose the first 3 of 4 games, and start out rocky.

Guest Anglesault
Oh my God man. It's 10 games into the season, didn't they start like 4-5 in 98 when they proceeded to win 114 games

Yep, because 98 is somehow the norm in baseball.

. Relax. There's a whole shitload of games to still be played.

Which makes throwing games in April away okay...how?

Games in April mean just as much as games in September and it doesn't give the team carte blanche to suck up the field just because there's time to make it up.

I'm less than pleased about this as well, but if they insist on sucking during a point of the season, I'd rather have it be April then September/October.

And I'm surprised that the error for Giambi was only his first for the season. I figured he'd have more then that by now.

Guest Bottled Black

I didn't say 98 was the norm. I was making a point about most Yankee fans I know as well as you apparently who over-react to a slow start. It happens to most teams. Things will get better, and everyone knows it. Yankee fans should not expect sympathy from anyone. And if this does turn into a prolonged problem ( which will never happen with all the talent on this team), Marvin hit the nail on the head.

Guest Anglesault
I didn't say 98 was the norm. I was making a point about most Yankee fans I know as well as you apparently who over-react to a slow start. It happens to most teams. Things will get better, and everyone knows it. .

But when?

They can't take that much longer to get rolling, not only because it just makes things more difficult for them, but because it will give me a stroke.

Anyway, I feel I'm gonna do what I've done every other time the Yankees sucked (Fucking early 90s)

I'm gonna retreat into the Yankees' glorious past and relive some of their greatest moments until this mess straightens itself out. Or is straightened out. Which ever comes first.

Good FUCKING LORD.

What in the living fucking hell is happening with this team? They're disgusting.

****Proceeds to take orgasmic pleasure in Yankees doing badly and Anglesault whining about it****

Ohhh... OH!

It'd be much easier on me if there was a concrete reason that this is happening that can be fixed.

Who cares? You're New York. Just throw money at the problem.