TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dids

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes

Guest Dids

Of all the things that need to be fixed on this site- the above error is the worst.

Guest Dids

Is it the number of users, or the number of forums?. There's A LOT of forums, and if we could reduce those to save the server, I think everybody would be happier long run.

Guest Dids

Oh, I can wait it out- doesn't mean it isn't annoying.

If it's the number of users, this is another argument for not openning enrollment.

Mostly my guess would be it's that the fact that all the old posts are still alive going back to the end of time. Kill them.

Guest FrigidSoul

Its caused due to the amount of people connected to the board at one time. This doesn't just mean accounts but for the most part Guests too. People who haven't joined going through every forum and possibly leeching wrestling info, sites to download matches, etc are what causes the errors.

Couple that with people all posting at the same time and that's what you get. Either a very slow connection or the server just times out for a moment.

Basically its trying to shove the cyclidner shape through the square hole, or in some case a million cyclinders through that one square hole all at once.

Deleting the old files won't change this any.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

In other words we need:

mo money mo money mo money

Which should be out of the question considering how much is spent to keep the current forum and site running. And with Dames out of the picture, I highly doubt any of the current mods are going to be reaching into their own pockets to foot the bill for this joint anytime in the near future.

When I get that, I just hit the refresh button 4-5 times in a row very fast and it always opens up. Always.

If anyone cares to donate towards a new server or for a faster one feel free. :)

The current one cost over $1500 a year.

Hey, it's Mike the Admin!

When I get that, I just hit the refresh button 4-5 times in a row very fast and it always opens up. Always.

That's a phenomenal solution, considering that repeatedly hammering the server like that is what eats up server resources in the first place.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Hey, it's Mike the Admin!

That's a phenomenal solution, considering that repeatedly hammering the server like that is what eats up server resources in the first place.

Really?

*Hits Refresh no less than 15 times*

Guest Vitamin X

I keep hitting F5, and start making jokes about BAH GAWD TSM NO SOLD THE F5 BAH GAWD.

It's at that moment I regret being a dorky Smark.

You know, if funds are short and in need, perhaps it's fate trying to tell you people something. *coughcloseupshopcough* Excuse me, it's been a bit chilly this week. Must've caught something.

Guest Vitamin X

That's a good idea, except we'd have a flood of registered lurkers who would be inactive and get their accounts deleted for being inactive due to their lurking.

But really if they have nothing to contribute once every say, 3-6 months, fuck em.

Guest Vitamin X

Again, the problem still lies with the people who come to read posts and not actually post here (the lurkers). Deleting them and and not allowing them to return until registered again would turn them away.

.....which makes me wonder why the hell we cater to those who don't participate in posting? Mods, admin, anyone?

make the board available to be seen by only members.

Making this board viewable to members-only isn't going to change anything. People would just register an account and then lurk. Maybe post a handful of times so their accounts aren't deleted. I still say the registration freeze should've never been lifted. I'm not saying to be an elitist board, but after a while, enough's enough. The place isn't capable of getting any bigger unless you're willing to dump even more cash than you already to for a bigger server.

make the board available to be seen by only members.

Making this board viewable to members-only isn't going to change anything. People would just register an account and then lurk. Maybe post a handful of times so their accounts aren't deleted. I still say the registration freeze should've never been lifted. I'm not saying to be an elitist board, but after a while, enough's enough. The place isn't capable of getting any bigger unless you're willing to dump even more cash than you already to for a bigger server.

How about whenever a new member goes to sign up, it automagically redirects them to the SNKT? B-)