TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Guest Anglesault
I wish Boston, NY and TB were all behind the Blue Jays... just to watch the collective of Sox/Yanks fans implode.

Tampa Bay?

Looks like I might have a whole section to myself when I go to Olympic Stadium in August. The Expos this year are truly pathetic, offensive wise. Maybe even worse then dare I say, last year's Tigers. I'm not saying they'll be nearly as bad as the Tigers last year, but with this offense they're a sure fire bet to lose 100 games.

Beltrane is fucking awesome. Just hit his 7th of the year. Even though he plays for a rival, it sucks he'll end up in New York or another big market team.

The Royals have David DeJesus coming up, so they'll let Beltran go. I can't see the Yankees making a big push, because they already have Bernie, Sheffield, and Matsui locked through next year. I could easily see the Dodgers making a push though, or perhaps the Mariners if Bill Bavasi pulls his head out of his ass.

I can't really think of a big market team that needs a centerfielder.

DeJesus got called up today, Rich Thompson was DFA'd, Appier was put on the DL, MacDougal was called up, Huisman was called up, Carrasco was sent down

And Royals pitcher Darrell May went down with a groin injury, making him just another victim of Zack Greinke's voodoo fetish

The Royals have David DeJesus coming up, so they'll let Beltran go. I can't see the Yankees making a big push, because they already have Bernie, Sheffield, and Matsui locked through next year. I could easily see the Dodgers making a push though, or perhaps the Mariners if Bill Bavasi pulls his head out of his ass.

I think Basavi needs a shovel to get that job done.

Guest FrigidSoul
I can't really think of a big market team that needs a centerfielder.(in regards to Carlos Beltran)

Dodgers, Baltimore, San Fran, Seattle, Houston(Biggio can't live forever), and maybe San Diego

Unless he takes far less than market value, he's gone. Whoever that team ends up being, still wouldn't count out the Yankees. It does bring up something interesting Gammons said. No World Series winner has had 1 player make up at least 15% of the teams payroll.

I can't really think of a big market team that needs a centerfielder.(in regards to Carlos Beltran)

Dodgers, Baltimore, San Fran, Seattle, Houston(Biggio can't live forever), and maybe San Diego

I wouldn't count on Drayton McLane opening the wallet up 2 straight years. Even this year they got Clemens and Pettite at a home town discount.

Guest FrigidSoul

Isn't Bagwell's contract up after this season? I know somebody's contract has to be up.

A's offense has just died the past few games. Pathetic. Zito has looked horrible in all his starts, but last night was just BAD. Redman takes the loss today and the A's look to salvage this series with a win tomorrow.

Guest Choken One

Freel, of the reds took a nasty knock of his head...dropping him like a sack of potatoes. He was able to get up but has that concussed glaze.

Guest OctoberBlood

Freel will be ok. He might've broken his jaw, but I don't know.

Graves TRIES to blow it again. Fails. Reds win.

Guest Choken One

I swear Graves gets off on this...

He's a perfect fit for Boston...He seems content with blowing things...or putting him in that situation.

The Royals have David DeJesus coming up, so they'll let Beltran go.  I can't see the Yankees making a big push, because they already have Bernie, Sheffield, and Matsui locked through next year.

Hey just like they couldn't make a push for A-Rod? ;) All they would have to do is convince Bernie this time around to move to DH. He didn't want to do for Kenny Lofton but I'm sure he'd be more willing to do it for Beltran.

Isn't Bagwell's contract up after this season? I know somebody's contract has to be up.

Richard Hidalgo ($12 Million) is off the books after this season.

They have a club option on Hidalgo for $15 million although with the current market I'm sure they'd do the $2 million buyout and try to sign him cheaper. Bagwell isn't a free agent until after 2006 ($18 million option for 2007 but no way they pick that up) and he said last year he'll retire after this contract is up.

Guest FrigidSoul

He's a perfect fit for Boston...He seems content with blowing things...or putting him in that situation.

In case you didn't notice the Boston bullpen hasn't given up a run in over 20 consecutive innings

Guest Choken One

In case you didn't notice the Boston bullpen hasn't given up a run in over 20 consecutive innings

i meant the city of boston's nature in general...because in the end...they choke.

Guest MikeSC
I wish the Cubs would get as much shit as Boston does. Their streak is 10 years longer.

Having a shot at winning usually makes you worse.

Why do you think Buffalo got so much crap for blowing 4 straight Super Bowls, but Cleveland hasn't gotten squat for never making one?

-=Mike

Guest Choken One
I wish the Cubs would get as much shit as Boston does. Their streak is 10 years longer.

yeah but Boston blows it in more specactular fashion more often.

boston been there like 5 times since...Chicago only once since the last one.

Oh well, O's lose in 12 innings 4-3 to Toronto. Can't win 'em all...just wish Boston would start losing. Come on Yankees! Your incopetence is costing the O's first place!

Guest OctoberBlood

Oh well, Fuck the Cubs and Fuck Boston. I'm sick of them both. So there, equal "shit" from me.

:)

Guest Anglesault

The Sox blow it more often and in stranger fashion.

And my "two win" prediction is holding up.