TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DMann2003

The OAO Mystery Science Theater 3000 Thread

It doesn't have the puppets, silhouettes or host segments, but I'd say it's almost better than MST, since they can market directly to the consumer and they don't have to worry about issues such as film rights, network execs, and censors.

I went for Wild Women of Wongo, myself. Seems like it's far and away the goofiest of the four choices.

Bump. Has anyone heard of the interactive video game Darkstar?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497352/

It has some of the MST3k Crew acting in it (including Joel as the villain, with Fu-Manchu moustache) and features the music of Rush.

Sounds so random, but I'd love to see this thing finished.

I finally saw Fugitive Alien II last night. Terrific episode, but now I can't get "He triiiiiiied to kill me with a forkliiiiiiift!" out of my head.

Guest Smues
I finally saw Fugitive Alien II last night. Terrific episode, but now I can't get "He triiiiiiied to kill me with a forkliiiiiiift!" out of my head.

This is the song about the crews condition. They're gonna die from all the heat. He tried to kill me with a forklift.

Guest Smues

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Charles Manson walks our streets, the Zodiac Killer's at large. Charles Bukowski is puking out the window and Santa Claus is on his way!

Guest Smues
"Merry Christmas, everyone! Let's go to the Haunted House."

Ah damn I forgot that one.

Must watch that when I get home.

Guest Smues

From Satelite News:

The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection: Volume 11, tentatively due

out on May 15, will contain:

episode 206- THE RING OF TERROR (with short: THE PHANTOM CREEPS PT 3)

episode 409- THE INDESTRUCTIBLE MAN (with short: UNDERSEA KINGDOM PT

2)

episode 414- TORMENTED

episode 1011- HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND

In addition it will contain these extras:

MST3K Video Jukebox, Volume 2

Original Theatrical Trailers (for all except Ring of Terror)

A "Tormented" Reunion (with Bert I. Gordon, Susan Gordon and Joe Turkel)

MST Hour "Jack Perkins" Wraps for "Tormented"

And, says our source, "future volumes of the MST3K will feature some

pretty exciting extras."

That's a pretty abysmal episode selection, but the extras look good. I might have to pick it up just for the extras. (and the host segments in spider island)

I like Tormented and HoSI, but those other two episodes are abysmal. Where's Beast of Yucca Flats, damn it! It's in the public domain! Some season seven would be good too. And what about Scarecrow's brain?!

Edit: I do like the extra of Mike doing his Perkins impression.

FYI everyone: The tenth volume of MST3K DVD set has been pulled from the market, due to rights issues involving the Godzilla movie included in the collection. Current word is that the Godzilla DVD will most likely never see the light of day again, meaning it's going to be ultra-ultra rare and that Rhino has also been mum about the fate of the other three films in the set, meaning barring the set being released sans the Godzilla film, the other films will also be ultra-rare as fuck.

The set is going on Ebay for $60-$180 right now, so better get the fucker now before it becomes impossible to find.....

And that Godzilla episode is seriously in the top five. They finally got a crack at the first thing that pops into people's heads when you think "terrible movie" and fucking killed it. It's awesome from start to finish. If anyone here has it and is willing to sell it, holla atcha boi.

Some new news about the MST3K sets going out of print:

Volumes 3 and 9 are now officially out of print, with Volume 9 going for around $90 on Ebay. Volume 3 is still pretty common to find on Ebay, at the moment though that could change in a year or two when the inevitable backlog of stock dries up (which it will most likely do so, since V3 has the second "Shorts" compilation).

Some new news about the MST3K sets going out of print:

Volumes 3 and 9 are now officially out of print, with Volume 9 going for around $90 on Ebay. Volume 3 is still pretty common to find on Ebay, at the moment though that could change in a year or two when the inevitable backlog of stock dries up (which it will most likely do so, since V3 has the second "Shorts" compilation).

Glad I got all 10 volumes when I did then.

PLUS all the eps that were NOT put into volumes (Wild, Wild World of Batwoman, Eegah, Beginning of the End...et al)

I only have sets 1-8, as I dragged my feet on the last two due to the combination of lacking spare funds and largely poor episode selection as of late (as well as the upcoming one).

Also, who's checked out Rifftrax? I starting checking those out a couple weeks ago and have become hooked