TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Museite

Euro 2004

For all the people who want to be negative about England, heres some positives, under Sven England have lost just two competitve games in nearly four years, we are extremely hard to beat, now if Rooney is this good at 18, imagine what he will be like in Germany in 2006! Yeah Beckham had a mare, but at least he wont be taking penalties again, Heskey has finally gone, Rio Ferdinand will be back! We have one of the best midfields in the world, other teams have aging players whereas our core of the side will be around in 2006, and in peak age and performance, so yeah believe me, Im fucking gutted, but I think we have the makings of a great team, I think if Rio Ferdinand was playing it would have been a different story, but fuck it, roll on 2006!

I know its all useless now but if Beattie had have been in the squad Vassel wouldnt have been and Beattie wouldnt have missed.

Oh well cant blame anyone.

If I was going to blame anyone, it's Sven.

3 times now in crucial matches - Brazil in 2002, France and Portugal this year - England have led but ultimately lost. On each occasion we started defending far too early and conceded the midfield to the opposition. Sven should be addressing this.

Sven plays it far too safe. The Portugal manager took a risk, took off Figo and brought on Postiga who scored. Sven left the totally ineffective Beckham on and took Gerrard off, who at least had the potential to get into the game.

You don't win tournaments by being cautious. Unless you're Germany.

Guest INXS

We did well against a very good portugease side. We did well not to concede 3 or 4 in the second half. We were really tired in the midfield and it showed. I thought Ashley Cole played out of his skin. Beckham didn't seem interested at all. I wouldn't back on Rio being selected for England soon - a MAJOR scandal about him is set to be hitting the papers shortly.

England didnt choke. Choking is getting yourself into a great, dominant position and then blowing it all. England were under the cosh the whole 90 minutes and were lucky not to be down by a couple of goals.

I WISH we choked.

Moving balls, eh? I'm sure Gary McAllister can empathise with you...

In all seriousness, I felt so sorry for Darius Vassell. He looked broken after the game, and his penalty was arguably better taken than Lampard's or Owen's, it's just the keeper got lucky.

I was wondering about Owen, Lampard and Terry's penaltys. All straight down the middle and Ricardo dived aside. I wonder if they watched tapes of Ricardo beforehand and noticed that he does big dives to either side. Clever if so. Very lucky if not.

I think this makes the Czechs the favourites now. Unless they throw it away too, which is possible. Very interesting stuff.

I'll have to stick with my original statement - The winner of England/Portugal will lift the trophy.

My Greek mate has just rang me and he is going ballistic.

I'm pleased for Greece, the French had yet to play like France and are now out.

The Czech's do look the team to beat now but once again I repeat the fact that Holland have improved with every game. Portugal will also now be buoyed to win on home soil after yesterday.

I've just got a feeling that Denmark will beat the Czechs tomorrow. I'm rooting for Greece and the Czechs.

Weird seeing an ex-Leicester player skin Lizerazu and set up the winner, go Theo!!

Holland through on Penalties for the first time in their history. Game wasn't bad, and Sweden were unlucky to hit the post and the crossbar in extra time.

So its...

Portugal Vs. Holland

Greece Vs. Czech Republic/Denmark

Guest CurryMan

It feels empty now :/ We played really good this match probebly one of our best games this tournament and we had one shoot hit the bar and one hit the post :(

Oh well I´m really proud over the swedish players they did a superb tournament and played really good this match.

No, it's only choking if you're expected to get through. We don't choke (bar the Russia game), we just lose to better teams, which sadly is 59 other nations, according to the FIFA rankings. Besides, Northern Ireland and Azerbaijan are there to give us some victories.

Northern Ireland are fucking dire, come on man, they were celebratign cos they beat Trinidad and Tobago for fucks sake