TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Museite

Euro 2004

Sven's gone mad officially. England should be the attacing force today.

Owen should be dropped as well to kick start some self-motivaton.

Ive got a good bet at 24/1 that Russia are the first team eliminated

I'm not going to say anything but laugh smugly

Fuck it, I rock

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Guest wayzing

Yeah, here we go. Live from a cold San Francisco morning, this is Wayzing predicting 3-0 diamond notwithstanding.Finally found a non-italian place that shows the games live so I won't have to die after Sweden-Italy tomorrow.

Totti is an idiot, Sven is confused, and Baron is a king for winning the 24/1 bet. :cheers:

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

England 3 - 0 Switzerland

At this stage, the result was more important than the performance - and just as well.

There was some lazy work out there - not everyone had their touch.

There is a horrible gap between the midfield and the forwards and Rooney is too unreliable for link play - he loses the ball too much. But the answer is not the diamond formation.

Guest wayzing

3-0 just like I predicted three hours ago :D Great result but England didn't impress as a whole. The first 20 minutes were scary. It's a good thing you had Sol Campbell. He was a rock all the way.

I think Rooney did a great job (apart from that scary kick that almost knocked the Swiss goal keepers face off). Obviously two goals but he looked good in other situations too. I think your attack was stalling once you were in promising postions and once the ball was played the Swiss defense was already there.

Talking about the Swiss defense btw. the filming and falling overs in the first half was ridiculous. They looked like a team who knew they weren't gonna win so they resorted to anything.

Yeah, they went over at every opportunity. Not a convincing performance, Owen and Scholes disappointing again. But then we never play well against the smaller teams.

Does anyone else watching the ITV coverage agree that Clive Tyldsley (sp?) is the worst-commentator-ever?

A frankly dire England performance. Owen=ineffectual, Terry and Rooney seemed to be having a "who can do the most reckless challenge?" competition and James STILL didn't look safe in goal. I'm surprised Owen Hargreaves didn't shatter his ankle on one Swiss challenge at the end though- the replay looked horrific

3-0 was good cos our goal difference is now the best in the group and like my esteemed colleague Mr. Eskimo pointed out a point is enough...

...As it was against Romania 4 years ago...

Guest CurryMan

To bad for croatia they deserved that win since the second goal for the France was obvious a freekick for Croatia since he used his hand to stop the ball. But atleast that goal helped England a bit so I´m happy.

But unfortunatly I believe that England can have some real problems with Croatia, they showed some great skills today and were close to make a 3-2 goal against France in the last minute of play. My bet is a draw and England will go trough but it will be close.

Well, my heart was right on the 3-0 England result. Poor performance, but that didn't matter.

And thankfully France don't lose to Croatia. If Crotia won, we'd be in trouble.

Sven needs to take a gamble and drop Owen for Vassell for the Croatia game. Vassell did more in 5 minutes than Owen in has in the past 6 months, and actually looked dangerous where as 'World Class' Owen looked anything but.

I'd bring in Hargreaves and Vassell for Scholes and Owen. Well actually I'd play Bridges at left back and Ashley Cole left midfield, but we know that's never going to happen.

Whatever the team, I think the Croatia match is going to be a battling 0-0 performance. Then we'll probably lose to Greece on penalties or something.

Hey, Denmark are playing well, but they need to score, and Im looking forward to Sweden v Italy tonight, should be a good game.

Guest CurryMan

Denmark played well in the first half but the second half they have stopped playing as so many other teams has done this tournament.

What are the thoughts on Sweden-Italy around here. Sweden looked fabulous in their win over Bulgaria, and Italy turned out a pretty mediocre performance against Denmark (nothing against their team)

I'll go with a 1-1 draw making things very interesting based on the Bulgaria-Denmark result.

Guest CurryMan
What are the thoughts on Sweden-Italy around here. Sweden looked fabulous in their win over Bulgaria, and Italy turned out a pretty mediocre performance against Denmark (nothing against their team)

I'll go with a 1-1 draw making things very interesting based on the Bulgaria-Denmark result.

I believe that Italy will be hungry for revanch after a poor opening against Denmark and all the stuff surrounding Totti. If they remove Totti they will probebly go back to a more standard form of play with Cassano on top and they can be more dangerous. I hope for atleast a draw.

And btw the referee here in the Denmark - Bulgaria game has no fucking clue about who got the yellow card. Giving the yellow to the captain for complaining is just lame, if he knew that he already had a yellow card I bet he wouldn´t gotten that card.

Zlatan should have scored, and now Italy are fighting back.

I'd bring in Hargreaves and Vassell for Scholes and Owen. Well actually I'd play Bridges at left back and Ashley Cole left midfield, but we know that's never going to happen.

Yeah. The gaps behind Cole and Scholes during the France game were shocking at times, because Scholes pulled inside and Cole covered him, but nobody covered Cole. The left side is still a problem. The Bridge/Cole as a partnership down the left never got a fair chance IMO.

Guest CurryMan

Italy showed something in the first half they didn´t showed against Denmark, if they play like that they can go far. Sweden has showed more spirit second half especially when Kim Källström joined the field. Hopefully he will be a starter against Denmark. I hope that with Italy slowing down we can do something last minutes but I doubt it, now the game against Italy will be deadly.