TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Museite

Euro 2004

That was one crazy-ass finish. So bizarre, England completely had that game in the bag.

I feel bad for Gerrard too...Henry seemed to come out of nowhere on that play.

And yeah, Rooney was really good. I still don't like him, but he did play well.

It sucks, but it was the fair result on the night. England played negatively for the whole second half trying to protect a 1-0 lead, and they got what they deserved.

And airplanes = the England fans were singing the Dambusters theme tune, which is from a movie about bomber planes.

Heskey...I don't know. All I can say is that'll teach Sven for continually picking him. Crazy. I still can't believe we lost...like that.

The save from Barthez and Zidane's freekick were magnificent however.

I can't see us qualifying now. We'll be so down for the next two games that I can't see us getting through the group.

Fucking hell.

They did defend a lot, but so would France if they'd gone one up. I think a draw would have been fair. France didnt create many actual chances.

Still...we shouldnt have any problems with Croatia or Switzerland...in theory.

I always thought we'd lose, but be able to recover.

After THAT, I can't see us recovering. Becks missed a penalty. Gerrard gave the goal away. Owen was totally non-existant. Lampard thought he'd won England the match. James gave away the penalty. All of those guys are going to be despondant. Rooney's only 18, and I can see that effecting him. That has to be the worst possible way to lose.

Ledley King was marvellous tonight BTW...no nerves and a great performance.

Personally, I'd keep King in there regardless of whether Terry's fit. He's proved he can play on the biggest stage against the best players. Good for him.

Scholes was pretty poor as well.

At least I've got Fantasy Football to cheer me up.

Guest CurryMan

England played great for 89 minutes then it went all downhill. The biggest comeback I´ve seen since Man Utd - Bayern Münich. Rooney proved himself on the big stage in this game he just needs to calm down a bit so he doesn´t get to much bad things happen to him like yellow and red cards.

I can´t see neither Switzerland or Croatia having a chanse against England really.

Now I've watched and almost come to tears when England went out on Penalities to Germany and Argentina at Euro '96 and World Cup '98 respectively. I've watched Newcaastle go down 4-3 to Liverpool after the most breathless match ever. And I've seen Derby get relegated from the Premiership.

But nothing in Football that I have ever experienced was as simply heartbreakingly gutting as the last three minutes of today's match.

It was like an awesome high and terrible come-down.

Outplayed, outclassed but never out fought. The dream everyone had in their head but never dared to back fully in case of ridicule. A draw was what he all said we hoped for, but deep down we wanted to say we could win, but simply wouldn't because it was too outrageous a concept.

But for three minutes of absolute pure unbelievable insanity, England lived a dream.

Bring on Switzerland and Croatia...

(But get rid of Sven. If we are gonna play like an 11 man defence, at least have BUTT on the pitch instead of that donkey shit Heskey).

Well, I guess we'll see how much character our boys really have in this next week, from how they recover from this.

Let's hope that the rest of the tournament picks up now too. Italy tonight, who I have a sneaky suspicion won't do as well as everyone expects...a Denmark win tonight wouldn't surprise me.

Then again, after last night, not much would.

I cant see why people are upset, it was a freak turnaround, and wouldnt have happened 99 times out of 100, it happened in the group stages, where its not too bad, and also, we went toe to toe with the best team in the world, who hadnt conceded a goal in 11 games and hadnt lost in whenever, and we matched them. Although why the fuck Sven continues to ignore Beattie for Heskey is beyond me, Beattie is a pretty good defender as well as an attacker.

Fuck James Beattie.

There is an instant difference between players when it comes to knowing whether or not they are international class or not. Especially strikers. Beattie had a couple of chances and blew them. He is the same as Kevin Phillips. Look at Vassell, Defoe and Rooney, as soon as they pulled on an England shirt they looked the business. James Beattie did not.

I just cant for the love of me understand why three England managers in a row have not noticed this about Emile heskey yet either.

It's a mystery...I can only assume Heskey has dirt on the FA, or something. The timing of his coming on was strange as well, Rooney had just won the penalty and wasn't looking especially tired.

But nevermind, I'm over the France game...just about...

At least I've got Fantasy Football to cheer me up.

That was what i said after it finished,

That cheered me up

^sorry, HAD to use a quote there :P

The Paul Parker bit was gold, especially the re-inactment.

The timing of his coming on was strange as well, Rooney had just won the penalty and wasn't looking especially tired.

He was ready to swing for Makelele though, so it was probably more to avoid him getting a stupid red card.

That's Rooney's only problem...the same thing that's keeping Alan Smith from winning the England caps he should...his temper.