TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Museite

Euro 2004

Guest Rob Edwards
Have a look at Belgiums left back, Van Damme, hes 19 years old, played reguarly for Ajax in the champions league, but was second behind their brazilian left back, hes supposed to be really fucking good.

nothing to do with the fact he's just signed for Southampton then? ;) , Ajax fans I've spoken to say he's ok and might turn out ok though

I got all over excited and created a soccer forum over at SC if anyone's interested.

I'm pretty pissed off that Scolari is playing Rui Costa and Couto ahead of Deco and Carvalho right now :(

Guest HungryJack

yea, with his 3 goals in the last 25 internationals????

gimme a fucking break.

2-1 final score. Big shock.

Since when did Rui Costa get so bad? He was supposed to be a great player in 2000...horrible today. Figo was poor too. Heck, Deco was poor.

Spain up next. I know everyone says it every competition, but there could be a chance they shine this year. Morientes is in great form and Raul can produce some magic.

Surely there can't be another shock?

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Spain are playing very well - they've done everything other than put the ball in the back of the net.

Guest jpclemmons

sorry to BUTT in the thread. But it sucks living in America, when the Euro 2004 won't start till monday. at least it'll be Denmark vs Italy.

Guest CurryMan

It´s today the Euro 2004 really starts it feels like, sure two matches yesterday with one huge upset but England has a nationalteam that always is something special since every swede has grown up with the english soccer game on saturday afternoon.

France - England is the first big game at euro 2004, as I see it England always put there working boots on when they meet better teams and they drop when they meet lousy teams. I hope this match will kick ass and that England pull trough with a victory. But I have to go with the french winning this and with 2-1. The England goal after either a freekick by Beckham or a assist by Beckham by a cross or a corner.

Switzerland - Croatia. I have no idea about this game, I havent really heard anything about these two teams before the championship either. I´ll go with a victory for Croatia since they well I have no idea. 0-2

Anyone else getting nervous? A draw would be a great result for England, I'd be happy with a boring 0-0 now, I think.

I think Croatia-Switzerland might be a draw too, 1-1 maybe.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

England can lose and I wouldn't be worrying - we can still go through.

Although with Greece winning yesterday they have a chance of going through second in their group. In that case the winner of Englands group would face them - and I'd rather face Greece than Spain.

I think we (as in England) definitely need to finish top of this group to get through to the final. I say, take a draw and hopefuly we'll go through on goal difference. But the last thing you need facing the best team in Europe is a centre back pairing that haven't really played together (at least at international level). I can see them getting their wires crossed and letting Henry through a few times.

I don't think England will win this to be honest, and, much as I love Ledley King, he's England's 6th choice centre back (behind Ferdinand, Terry, Woodgate, Southgate and Wes Brown) and that's not enough to stop a strikeforce of Trezeguet and Henry. 2-0 France, maybe even 3-0.

Guest CurryMan

I saw that 6 english "fans" had been arrested, let´s hope that they can try to keep calm. We wouldn´t want to see England kicked out because of there idiotic behavour.

Well, win lose or draw tonight, I can safely say Croatia and Switzerland shouldn't be a threat to us.

Not a great start. Trezeguet nearly buried that header and they're creating big holes at the back at times.

Trouble with us is we're doing what we do EVERY match...sit off and let France have the ball on the edge of the box. Gerrard should be attacking EVERY ball because that's what he does best, but he's not. When we're playing Iceland that's ok. France will eventually punish us.

1-0~!~!~!~!~! at half time~!

Hard to say we've deserved it, but the defence has been tight and they're all working really hard. Just need to cut out the aimless long balls and defend like crazy in the second half...

I don't watch a lot of soccer, but I'm watching the game today. And I have decided that I hate that Rooney guy. He just looks like a jerk.

Rooney's having a great game, i must admit i cringed when he megged a player on the edge of his own box...

Rooney does look like half of our more...shall I say...'immoral' fans, but the guy's been our best player tonight.

1-0 is great, but I still can't help but be worried, especially after James nearly spilled the ball a minute ago. Here's hoping...