TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Museite

Euro 2004

No whats keeping Alan Smith from more England caps is that Rooney and Defoe are better and England remains in love with the increasingly medicore Owen.

Though having moved to United, I fully expect Smith to get a good shot at the side now. Especially with him playing alongside Scholes, Ferdinand and Neville.

Owen needs to leave Liverpool, he's just going stale.

Anyway, looking ahead to thursday...predictions?

I heard Scholes was doubtful, which presumably means either Hargreaves comes in to play on the left or he brings in BUTT and shunts Gerrard out there.

Fuck James Beattie.

There is an instant difference between players when it comes to knowing whether or not they are international class or not. Especially strikers. Beattie had a couple of

And how many chances has Heskey had, about 1,000,000,000,000,000, hes shite, no other way about it, and the reason I said Beattie, was that he started out as a defender, and as such, would have helped a lot more in defence, rather than having a finger up his arse when Makele strolled past him, and then run up and kick him in the chest, fuck Heskey, hes shite.

Guest CurryMan

Italy is playing really really bad right now, hopefully they will improve when Gattuso joins the field.

I thought England did the perfect game for about 89 minutes, they were facing the best team in the world imho, and where just minutes from winning it. It was a freak thing, the only time I can think about the same thing is the Bayern - ManUTD match.

How has the english tabloids been writing about England after the match?

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

They've been in as much shock as the fans, really. There isn't really much finger pointing, which there usually is. The focus is mroe on whether we can raise our game to take 6pts out of this group.

That there is only a few days until the Swiss game is probably a good thing.

Plus, Scholes has an ankle injury and may miss the next game - GOOD, I say. Put Dyer or Hargreaves in there. I think I saw one forward pass from Scholes all game and about 1000 Batty Crab-Like sideways efforts.

Guest CurryMan

I haven´t seen anything from Hargreaves lately does he still play for Bayern Münich? I like Paul Scholes he shows alot of heart and when he takes his yellow card its often well deserved and you get a player from the other team injured :-)

This 'Three years without an England goal' is really hammering on Scholes' confidence, and even if he has the bad game once in a while, people seem to forget how good Scholes really is. James isn't to blame for the defeat, Heskey isn't, and Beckham's penalty certainly isn't.

We beat France, any other number 10 on the pitch for France and we'd have won it.

Good job ZZ is 31, We'll win the world cup if he's not playing :P

99 times out of 100, we'd have won that, Zidane is pure class though, but i still think we'll win this tourniment.

We'll get our revenge in the final.

I haven´t seen anything from Hargreaves lately does he still play for Bayern Münich?

Yep, but like every other international who isn't playing for Chelsea, he's been linked with Chelsea.

I liked the way that the Daily Mail, without doubt the worst paper in the country, referred to England as "Sven and his band of losers". What a load of rubbish. England played pretty well up until the 75th minute, when, to quote Bobby Robson, they started playing like they were in stoppage time trying to hold on. Nice to see Ledley play so well, Lampard proved why he is the best midfielder in the country and it was a good performance. Even James didn't fuck it up, until he was left in a sticky situation by Gerrard. The only question now is how you respond to the heartbreak.

And Fantasy Football were right, Rooney DOES look like a potato.

Memo to David Pleat:

Vieria plays for France. Vieri plays for Italy.

Oh, and I just found this.

Chelsea midfielder Claude Makelele emerged from the Stadium of Light with his arm in a sling due to a collar-bone injury following a tackle from substitute Emile Heskey.

Apparantly Vieria also said we fouled too much and cheated.

Guest CurryMan

HENRIK LARSSON!

OMFG

We played as shit but we are leading with 3-0, Celtic must be crying there eyes out Larsson proves he his a world class striker with those two goals.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Yeah, the goals were great but they ARE playing Bulgaria, who along with Lativa are one of the poorest teams in the Championships.

Defensively I don't think the Swedes will hold up much against a half-decent attack.

Kudos to the person who had the 0-0 darw with Denamrk and Italy. I caught the last 30 minutes and it was good. Did anybody else think after watching the replay Totti should have been red carded for his foul in injury time?

Good thing I was right on my Sweden-Bulgaria pick! :D

Guest CurryMan
Yeah, the goals were great but they ARE playing Bulgaria, who along with Lativa are one of the poorest teams in the Championships.

Defensively I don't think the Swedes will hold up much against a half-decent attack.

Yeah I agree but I´m just happy since the media and everyone here in sweden hyped the team huge before the tournament. 4-0 is a great start in tournament, I would rather have 4-0 then shall we say 1-1.

The defence worries me abit, the problem as I see it is that the midfield and the defence doesn´t really connect. When a team is having counterattacks against us "we" seem like "we" are nowhere to be found.

And there we scored 5-0, I´m a happy camper :)

Italy 0 Denmark 0 (There's always one boring game. This may be it.)

:headbang:

I was wrong about the boring bit though. Quite decent for a 0-0.

The Swedes looked pretty good tonight...definately an outside bet for the semis, if not more. Bulgaria put up a decent fight at times but Larrson finished them off eventually. Pity he didn't take the penner.

And Ljunberg actually scored an international goal! Wonders'll never cease.

Guest CurryMan
And Ljunberg actually scored an international goal! Wonders'll never cease.

Yeah everyone here was like "wtf" happend Ljungberg score for the nationalteam this is happening.

Tomorrows game you look decent, It will be fun to see how good Nedved and the rest of the team is against Latvia. The big game tomorrow is the old rival match between Holland and Germany.

Guest wayzing

What was that? Everybody asking me to post something so you can see my sig?

Oh you. :wub:

And how many chances has Heskey had, about 1,000,000,000,000,000, hes shite, no other way about it, and the reason I said Beattie, was that he started out as a defender, and as such, would have helped a lot more in defence, rather than having a finger up his arse when Makele strolled past him, and then run up and kick him in the chest, fuck Heskey, hes shite.

Your selective quoting is funny to me.

I pointed out that I had no idea why Heskey has been given chance after chance. Why bring Beattie on as a defender when he hasn't played there in years?

Lets just put Ashley Cole up front or talk Alan Shearer out of retirement so he can play in goal?

What was that? Everybody asking me to post something so you can see my sig?

Oh you.  :wub:

I've said that I could see Sweden getting somewhere in this tournament, Lucic at right back looks terrible though so a decent left winger could probably give you guys a hammering down the right side.

BTW does your Coach like to pick A.Svensson over Kallstrom? I hope not because Kallstrom's in my dream team.

Edit: I'm second in the mini league because I've Mellberg and Kallstrom in my side, i'd be top if i'd picked Allback instead of Berbatov as my "pick him because you have 5 points striker".Who's Dragon's Gate FC? I hope it's someone on here, If Czech Republic and Holland win tomorrow I'll keep 2nd place because Cech,Rosicky and Van Der Meyde would get points.

Hey, enough with the Anders baiting, he set up a great cross for Larrsons second.

Guest CurryMan

Most ppl here in sweden would like to see both Ander Svensson and Kim Källström on the pitch, with Anders Svensson as the offensive midfielder infront of Kim. Svensson played one of his best matches yesterday with a superb defence work and a coupple of great passes.

The coaches in sweden will probebly go with Svensson as there first pick since he has played in big tournaments before and knows according to them what its all about.

Most ppl here in sweden would like to see both Ander Svensson and Kim Källström on the pitch, with Anders Svensson as the offensive midfielder infront of Kim.

You should drop the Diamond Formation then, Linderoth hasn't done much over here and last night he looked average so you could drop him, with the way your formation is you'd have to put Kallstrom on the Left or Behind the Front two when from the Rennes games I've seen on Eurosport Kallstrom is better running forward from midfield like lampard does for England.

BTW, are Djurgardens still Sweden's best team? In Championship Manager 01/02 and 03/04 they have a pretty good team.

Guest CurryMan

They won last year but with Kim leaving them they seem to have lost most of there edge, there goalie and also the nationalteam goalie Isaksson seems to be on the way to Rennes to. But they have some decent players but this season hasn´t been there yet. There probebly end up in the upper half of the league but not winning it.