TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

FSN SHOW WILL HAVE REPLAYS

Guest rhynoreturns
I think it's hilarious that you are getting so pissed about people unfairly bashing TNA when you are doing the same thing with ROH just to get a rise out of people here. I actually agree with the points you were making about TNA as far as what Meltzer thinks of it and the unfair bashing of the Juvi-Sabin match(which rocked). Then it leads me to this part of your post...

What path is ROH on? You do realize that they actually profit from their company right? Something TNA has yet to do. Also, if a fan is only concerned about workrate, is that suppost to be a bad thing? Aren't you suppost to want good ring work as a fan? Not all work is neck dropping either, but I guess that would make about as much sense as saying that if TNA provides a solid product it could rival Smackdown. You kidding right? There is NO way that it would a)bring in better ratings or b)bring in more cash for TNA. THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR TIMESLOT! I also found this humerous....

Isn't that quite the interesting contridiction? So you thought AJ and Punk was BORING?"!?! Hell, the stuff with Steamboat alone in that match was more entertaining than ANY angle in TNA that I can even remember.

I am not baiting you or flaming you in this post, but if you want others to quit being anti-TNA, then maybe you should be a little bit more fair with your own judgements........

p.s. - I have no allegiance towards TNA or ROH, as I watch both.

Steamboat-Punk was boring. Punk, supposedly the lead heal in the promotion, came out to NO reaction at NJ.

ROH makes money because the IWC has told everyone that this promotion is the end all and be all of wrestling. As a result people are influened in their purchases. They are not as great as people make them out to be. This is evident by no one telling me one entertaining, non in-ring related, storyline that they have wrote yet. None of the stars evolve as characters as they basically are what they were before they entered ROH. CM is still anti drugs, Samoa is still an ass kicking samoan, Homicide is still a thug etc. Making a group of ravers is not great storytelling, simialr to pushing a white rapper.

Obviosuly TNA won't challenge SD!, today or tommorrow or in a year. But if they provide solid programming (especially like they did turning the Raven title chase in winter 2003), they could in the long run.

Last night I wasn't positive about the biasness toward TNA by the IWC as I am today. Does the timeslot suck? maybe. But who cares it's a free TV slot. They are on free TV.

What does the IWC do? Nothing.

They are ignoring major news. These people aren't journalists, they are biased attention seekers, out to push their own interests.

Guest Dickerman
Jarrett said it would have replays on FSN. :headbang:

Where did you hear Jarrett say that?

The TNA deal has been talked about for MONTHS. Get a fucking clue.

And TNA are paying $30,000 + a week for that TV slot.

Guest Donners
Or, more recently, creaming himself over the Team Canada vs. Team NWA 6-man, which was FAR worse than the ROH 1/29 6-way, and most indy spotfests from all sorts of indies. Give it a rest, kid.

Interesting. I was under the impression that you hadn't ordered last week's PPV. If that's the case, how could you possibly judge the match's quality, let alone compare it to others?

Guest rhynoreturns
The TNA deal has been talked about for MONTHS. Get a fucking clue.

And TNA are paying $30,000 + a week for that TV slot.

I have no idea who you're talking to but if it is me, the deal was made official Wed. It should be reported on Thurs. by all outlets.

$30,000 may be steep but if they got the cash and they feel this is a good deal, who can fault them.

Every wrestling website except 1wrestling.com has been speaking of the TNA possible TV deal since it was originally going to be on WGN. What do you want....MSNBC News to do a special fucking feature on it?

Guest rhynoreturns
Every wrestling website except 1wrestling.com has been speaking of the TNA possible TV deal since it was originally going to be on WGN. What do you want....MSNBC News to do a special fucking feature on it?

no but I want it to be made to be the big deal that it is. Like I said, ever since WCW closed everyone, and I mean everyone, has been crying that a promotion needs to get on free TV. They finally get it and it is treated like second rate news.

Also no one on the net has been reporting this deal in any detailed form excpet LOP. Every other site made slight mention to it but they never made it out to be a big deal, like it is.

I'm not talking dirtsheets here, but strictly the net.

Guest rhynoreturns

where, what site?

They hinted at it, but never made it a big deal or explained any details. And still are not.

No one has broken the deal down and provided details on how this will effect the business.

But god forbid, JJ tries to protect his investments and pisses off all the ROH fans. Then we get bias story after bias story destroying TNA.

Not to get off track here but why isn't the real story being addressed, who is running ROH? Whose money is still behind them?

Funny TNA is perceived as bad, but the RF funded ROH gets off scott free.

How nay free DVD's is ROH trolling out to IWC recappers.

The IWC is F'd, due to their biased nature.

Interesting. I was under the impression that you hadn't ordered last week's PPV. If that's the case, how could you possibly judge the match's quality, let alone compare it to others?

Oy. I download all the shows on MIRC the night they happen. This week's was also available on sledgehammer.

Guest Donners

So you illegally download the shows, robbing TNA of the money they evidently deserve to have interested you enough in them to go to the trouble of downloading. Yet I bet you'd be one of the first to point to the buy rates to try and show how badly the company is doing.

Guest MikeSC
Steamboat-Punk was boring. Punk, supposedly the lead heal in the promotion, came out to NO reaction at NJ.

Just like Jeff Jarrett.

ROH makes money because the IWC has told everyone that this promotion is the end all and be all of wrestling. As a result people are influened in their purchases.

How does having no independent thought feel? Or should I run a poll --- so you'll know what your answer should be?

They are not as great as people make them out to be. This is evident by no one telling me one entertaining, non in-ring related, storyline that they have wrote yet. None of the stars evolve as characters as they basically are what they were before they entered ROH. CM is still anti drugs, Samoa is still an ass kicking samoan, Homicide is still a thug etc. Making a group of ravers is not great storytelling, simialr to pushing a white rapper.

And TNA guys change? Hmm, Harris went from bland half of a tag team to a bland singles.

Obviosuly TNA won't challenge SD!, today or tommorrow or in a year. But if they provide solid programming (especially like they did turning the Raven title chase in winter 2003), they could in the long run.

Nah, they won't. Ever. Because they're not THAT MUCH BETTER than SD --- which is more than a little sad.

Last night I wasn't positive about the biasness toward TNA by the IWC as I am today. Does the timeslot suck? maybe. But who cares it's a free TV slot. They are on free TV.

Somehow, I imagine you made up your mind LONG before last night.

And, spending $1.5M/yr is hardly "free" for a crappy time slot.

They are ignoring major news. These people aren't journalists, they are biased attention seekers, out to push their own interests.

They assume that people have the ability to keep up with the stories.

I suppose "IWC For Dummies" is a concept that hasn't been tried yet, though.

I have no idea who you're talking to but if it is me, the deal was made official Wed. It should be reported on Thurs. by all outlets.

$30,000 may be steep but if they got the cash and they feel this is a good deal, who can fault them.

So, even if they know about it LONG before --- they should sit on the news and act SHOCKED when it's announced?

Got it.

Also no one on the net has been reporting this deal in any detailed form excpet LOP. Every other site made slight mention to it but they never made it out to be a big deal, like it is.

I'm not talking dirtsheets here, but strictly the net.

Because:

1) Nobody CARES about TNA. Meltz has mentioned, more than once, the utter lack of ANY reaction he gets from the internet for each week's show

2) It's been discusses, ad nauseum, for weeks.

where, what site?

THIS site --- right here --- THIS forum, no less, had CONSIDERABLE discussion about the topic.

They hinted at it, but never made it a big deal or explained any details. And still are not.

What seems to be confusing for you?

No one has broken the deal down and provided details on how this will effect the business.

They have. Terrible time slot bought for a lot of money. Odds of success aren't good.

But god forbid, JJ tries to protect his investments and pisses off all the ROH fans. Then we get bias story after bias story destroying TNA.

Except for the ones that bashed ROH. But, hey, let's ignore them.

Not to get off track here but why isn't the real story being addressed, who is running ROH? Whose money is still behind them?

How is this the real story when discussing TNA's TV deal?

Funny TNA is perceived as bad, but the RF funded ROH gets off scott free.

Yup.

How nay free DVD's is ROH trolling out to IWC recappers.

Well, the fact that I never see reviews for them --- I'd hope none. I don't suppose you ANY reason to actually ask that question though, do ya?

The IWC is F'd, due to their biased nature.

You'll be missed when you're banned.

So you illegally download the shows, robbing TNA of the money they evidently deserve to have interested you enough in them to go to the trouble of downloading. Yet I bet you'd be one of the first to point to the buy rates to try and show how badly the company is doing.

Heck, I do it. The shows are seldom worth $10.

And that only 7500 buy it a week shows my opinion is not a minority one.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC

The rampant IWC bias against TNA caused a double post.

Bastards!

-=Mike

Yep. First of all, I am in a dorm room, where there is no possible way for me to see it. Second, even if there was, I would never pay 10 dollars for a show worse than Thunder. When RoH is running shows I like, I buy from them. When the company is annoying me, I trade and/or buy from tape dealers. It's my way of rewarding the company for good shows. As of late, I find myself ordering a lot from them.

Guest Donners

If you have access to the internet, then you have sufficient access to order the PPVs from the TNA website, as I do. If I don't like like a show, I simply don't watch it. I don't steal from them, and I certainly don't have the temerity to whine about a show I stole when others paid good money for it.

Guest MikeSC
The Torch website has been running THREE reviews of NWATNA every week!!!

It's because they HATE HATE HATE TNA.

-=Mike

Guest Donners

It's been down to one or two lately, and that Burgan guy bitches about it at least once a week.

Guest MikeSC

It's been down to one or two lately, and that Burgan guy bitches about it at least once a week.

*sniff* and they NEVER say anything negative about WWE.

-=Mike

The guy makes fun of RoH too. Have you seen his RoH bustrip parodies?

And Donners, I'll go ahead and assume you've never downloaded a song, a match, any show, or any movie in your life. I'll also assume you're lying if you say you haven't.

is it just me, or does that logo, with the inverted "i" as the exclamation point, make it look as though the show is called "MPACT" at first glance.?

Guest Dynamite Kido

ROH makes money because the IWC has told everyone that this promotion is the end all and be all of wrestling. As a result people are influened in their purchases. They are not as great as people make them out to be. This is evident by no one telling me one entertaining, non in-ring related, storyline that they have wrote yet. None of the stars evolve as characters as they basically are what they were before they entered ROH. CM is still anti drugs, Samoa is still an ass kicking samoan, Homicide is still a thug etc. Making a group of ravers is not great storytelling, simialr to pushing a white rapper.

Steamboat and Punk was NOT boring. I also find it funny that you said that the "lead heel" comes out to no reaction. First off, it was not boring, as they did lots of groundwork and nice use of the rules. If you don't like pure wrestling, so watch a spotfest, because that is YOUR problem.....I liked the match. Also, Punk did have a reaction as I was THERE. Of course it's not going to be like when Andre the Giant came out at Wrestlemania III, because the show didn't have 1800 marks in the seats. Have you seen the tape of this event? Because if you didn't, you sure as hell missed out on most of the "storylines" as they are generally done backstage......

Also your reasoning for them making money is a moot point. THEY MAKE MONEY, that is all the counts, and TNA doesn't do that. What wonderful and great characters has TNA created? NONE. They were all already like that when they got there as well.

Your bias against ROH is worse than most of the people that you are speaking of.

How is the IWC ignoring major news? First off, your reading way too much into the FSN stuff, it will not be the saving grace of the company....it may help, or it may put them out of business. And quit criticising journalists as you are biased in your thinking and you are pushing your interests on the whole board................

but I guess that's why you were banned......... :lol:

Guest tajiriroh

was also there, punk came out to a very, very tepid reaction.

Hart's was through the roof.

And we go BACK ON TOPIC~!, with this, the logo:

impact2.gif

Does anyone else notice that they're going with the TNAW name on this logo?

Guest Donners
And Donners, I'll go ahead and assume you've never downloaded a song, a match, any show, or any movie in your life. I'll also assume you're lying if you say you haven't.

Then you would be falsely assuming. I've never used P2P in my life, and the only matches I've downloaded have been those I've ordered from the TNA website and those that they've offered for free. Even during the period when Smackdown and WWE PPVs were not available here, I didn't download them. I would not be nearly as upset at people stealing TNA shows if I had done similar things in the past.

Guest Coffey

I'm really excited about NWA:TNA's television debut. I'm highly anticipating it. I actually like that logo too, which is something I hadn't even thought about. The replay news doesn't shock me. With all the Fox Sports stations, there were bound to be multiple showings of the program.

As far as Ring of Honor is concerned, I'm not going to talk about them again. This is the NWA:TNA folder and I don't really like the comparison amongst the two companies coming up in every single thread.

The way I see it, if you come into the NWA:TNA folder with the sole intention of either A) Not talking about NWA:TNA or B) bashing NWA:TNA then you should probably be banned from the NWA:TNA folder.

I can understand people having different opinion, and I know that not everyone will like everything that NWA:TNA does. However, some people around here NEVER say anything good about NWA:TNA. In fact, I think that their sole purpose of posting in this folder is either to A) piss off the NWA:TNA fans or B) try to get some recognition.

We dealt with Dave O'Neill....

Guest MikeSC
I'm really excited about NWA:TNA's television debut. I'm highly anticipating it. I actually like that logo too, which is something I hadn't even thought about. The replay news doesn't shock me. With all the Fox Sports stations, there were bound to be multiple showings of the program.

As far as Ring of Honor is concerned, I'm not going to talk about them again. This is the NWA:TNA folder and I don't really like the comparison amongst the two companies coming up in every single thread.

The way I see it, if you come into the NWA:TNA folder with the sole intention of either A) Not talking about NWA:TNA or B) bashing NWA:TNA then you should probably be banned from the NWA:TNA folder.

I can understand people having different opinion, and I know that not everyone will like everything that NWA:TNA does. However, some people around here NEVER say anything good about NWA:TNA. In fact, I think that their sole purpose of posting in this folder is either to A) piss off the NWA:TNA fans or B) try to get some recognition.

We dealt with Dave O'Neill....

Coffey, seeing how that is MY reputation, I'll shall go ahead and reply in my own defense:

TNA is a flawed company. The flaws are painfully obvious, to me. They're approaching SD levels in terms of how flawed the show is.

People always assuem critics HATE the product. Hardly true. I'm not an ROH fan --- so I don't comment on them PERIOD. If I HATE a product, I ignore it. I don't like puro, so my puro comments are kept to a minimum. Ditto almost any indy out there.

TNA has been decent in the past. It really has been. But it has been in a serious mediocre stretch for a LONG time now. And the only thing more annoying that a show doing a bang-up job of making itself mediocre is watching the inevitable fans who will defend ANYTHING they do. I saw them when WCW began its tailspin in 1999 --- saw them again when the Bisso era of 2000 turned out to be the roaring success everybody expected it to be.

Fans who deny that obvious problems exist are WORSE for a company than fans who will point out the flaws:

1) Jeff Jarrett is a terrible main eventer. He's never drawn as one and his entire offense redefines the term "vanilla offense".

2) The X Division has been toned down --- which is actually good --- but psychology has not replaced the insane spots --- which is bad. The lack of the "open door" policy means that you don't get to see guys who you seldom see get a match every so often.

3) Kash SHOULD be a main event heel. He should be up there with Raven. He is gold on the mic and his offense, while hardly mind-blowing, is considerably better --- and his matches tend to be better --- than JJ's.

4) The TV deal is NOT a great deal. Not even close. It's a ton of money for a time slot nobody will watch and a product whose ability to draw an audience seems quite limited.

5) They seem willing to sign ANY cast-offs from the WWE. I half-expect Nathan Jones to appear there in the future --- and there will be TNA marks who will claim that the WWE "dropped the ball" with that gigantic mound of suck. Their "free agent" signings give them the appearance of being WCW in tis death spiral --- if you appeared in the WWF EVER, you were worth signing and pushing.

6) Signing useless celebs like Johnny Fairplay is just horrible. People do NOT care about him. He's not going to get "Survivor" fans to watch TNA. He isn't a compelling heel, he's not good on the mic, and he's little more than a C-list celebrity. That TNA spends money on him is a condemnation of their business acumen more than anything else.

-=Mike

Guest Coffey

I think you're missing the point. It's not always about what NWA:TNA is doing wrong. Sometimes you have to just reply to the topic at hand, not be like "yeah, but they suck." Otherwise you have no business being in this folder. It's not just you either. Other people, like Michrome, come to mind as well. Where's he at to defend himself?