TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

FSN SHOW WILL HAVE REPLAYS

It has been the main story in his newsletter for MULTIPLE weeks. Get a freaking clue. Everyone KNEW what the announcement was if they read his newsletter. What should he have done?

"And now they announce they're going to be on Fox Sport. OH MY GOD WHAT A HUGE DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

His website isn't meant to mimmick the Total Nonstop messageboards. They are buying time at a huge price for the slight hope that they will gain viewers.

Killer shows Meltz murders? If anything, he overrates it. For example, him creaming over Juvi-Sabin, when every Japanese Indy has at least 1 better match than that every couple of weeks, and the same goes for RoH and IWAMS. Or, more recently, creaming himself over the Team Canada vs. Team NWA 6-man, which was FAR worse than the ROH 1/29 6-way, and most indy spotfests from all sorts of indies. Give it a rest, kid.

Guest rhynoreturns

It has been the main story in his newsletter for MULTIPLE weeks.

*****for those who don't get the newsletters and only read the net, he brushed passed it tonight like it was a nothing story.

Get a freaking clue.

*****so you have to subscribe to WO to have a clue.

Everyone KNEW what the announcement was if they read his newsletter.

*****not everyone gets the dirt sheets. I did but decided I actually like watching TNA, rather than reading biased news gathering.

What should he have done?

*****explain to the non-newsletter buying public what this TV deal means for wrestling. Break it down a little. If his commentary is done right it could lead to more subscribers. He didn't and as a result it came off as very biased.

"And now they announce they're going to be on Fox Sport. OH MY GOD WHAT A HUGE DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

*****it is. don't deny it.

His website isn't meant to mimmick the Total Nonstop messageboards.

*****he's a supposed journalist, all i ask for is fair and balanced reporting.

They are buying time at a huge price for the slight hope that they will gain viewers.

*****that has been there goal all along. to get on free tv. they accomplished it. now they have to succeed in providing a solid product, if they do that watch out. They could easily challenge SD!.

Killer shows Meltz murders?

*****his negativity is consistent, every week.

If anything, he overrates it. For example, him creaming over Juvi-Sabin,

*****one of the best matches of the year.

when every Japanese Indy has at least 1 better match than that every couple of weeks, and the same goes for RoH and IWAMS.

*****maybe I'm a biased TNA fan but Sabin-Juvy in my mind was just a great, great match.

Or, more recently, creaming himself over the Team Canada vs. Team NWA 6-man, which was FAR worse than the ROH 1/29 6-way, and most indy spotfests from all sorts of indies. Give it a rest, kid.

*****give what a rest? Meltzer never praises the "overall" product and just bashes. It was a big day for TNA and they were not given their just due.

Nobody gave this promotion a snowballs chance in hell to succeed and within two years they are now on free TV. Will they succeed? Who knows but they succeeded in their quest to get on free television. That was goal number 1. Goal number 2 is to succeed on free TV and goal number 3 is to challenge the WWE. They are on the right path.

Which gets me to my next point, what path is ROH on? To forever be a mindless indy, playing to the same fans who are only concerned about workrate rather than entertainment. You can only watch a performer get thrown on their neck so many times. I went to the mania show in NJ, and was bored until Briscoe ripped his face off. It wasn't impressive and didn't make me want to return, especially after the rF fiasco.

In terms of ROH, it's not tough to be perceived as a solid product with guys like Daniels and AJ dominating mainevents. This promotion's challenge has just begun. I think they will fail because Gabe is clueless and can't create convincing characters that are not premade. Samoa Joe is not an interesting champ and has not brought new fans to the arena. CM Punk was pre-made and has not grown or evolved. Same with Homicide. The Briscoes without Cornette are boring. Evans is so far great in the ring but boring outside. Walters and Stryker are both boring outside the ring. Etc.

It's easy to criticize TNA because of the egos of ryder and JJ. But just give them credit when they deserve it. Today they deserved it. And no one on the net will probably give it to them.

I will.

Meltzer hates Russo. He usually finds a way to diss him in every TNA review. He has lightened up on TNA in the last few weeks it seems though as a whole. I think he might be alot easier on it once it gets on free tv, since he won't have to pay(atleast on the tv show). If they use the 6 sided ring for the tv show they might as well use it for the ppv as well. It makes no sense in using one ring for hte show and the other for the ppv.

Guest rhynoreturns
Meltzer hates Russo.

He's two faced then, because he almost always praised the WWE during the Attitude Era.

Meltzer hates Russo.

He's two faced then, because he almost always praised the WWE during the Attitude Era.

Did he? I can't imagine him loving Beaver Cleavage. :)

I seem to think Meltzer does a pretty fair job covering TNA. He certainly doesn't bash it moreso than the WWE. And I just have a hard time buying the "make Bob Ryder look stupid so people subscribe to my newsletter instead of his because he has a big part of TNA and is my competitor" thing.

And just for the record, I thought Juvy/Sabin was a fantastic match, too.

EDIT: TNA will do great if they put out a really great product - but I don't think they'll be competing with Smackdown anytime soon, no matter how bad the SD product is. That's just not a realistic goal at this point, when the average person has no idea TNA exists, not to mention their timeslot. But don't get me wrong...I'll be rooting for them to succeed.

Guest Dids
read tonight's review, I watched the show and it was very, very good. The way Meltzer reported it, he made it sound very bland.

For a few years, everyone has been crying for the need to have another free TV wrestling show. In tonight's report Meltz glazed over the TV deal like it was a prelim match. I know we all knew about the deal weeks before, but he should have heightened his comments on it. It's by far the biggest news in wrestling since Lesnar quit.

Maybe you have shitty taste in wrestling?

Metz is not alone by a long shot in thinking that TNA has falled off the ledge in terms of quality this year. Maybe you like it, but everybody else I've seen has somewhat universally said that it's sucked. I'm not sure how you take that situation and turn it into "OMG BIAS~!".

And it's really stupid to try and tell a journalist what they should and should not cover. Especially for a TV deal that we still don't seem to have all the details on.

Guest rhynoreturns

*****yeah supporting a product that has AJ as champ and Raven as a lead heel, yup that's me......shitty taste in wrestling

Metz is not alone by a long shot in thinking that TNA has falled off the ledge in terms of quality this year.

*****Miller at pwtorch supports them as does almost every guy whose recapped their stuff at 411.

Maybe you like it, but everybody else I've seen has somewhat universally said that it's sucked.

*****because they don't watch the show and rely on Meltz to make up their mind. Seriously people "say" they watch it, but they really don't.

I'm not sure how you take that situation and turn it into "OMG BIAS~!".

*****because 1W and WO are competitors, Meltz likes bashing his competitor (Ryder) to help his own biz.

And it's really stupid to try and tell a journalist what they should and should not cover.

*****I ask for 50/50, not bringing attention to a major TV deal is not 50/50.

Especially for a TV deal that we still don't seem to have all the details on.

*****what more details you need? It starts June 4 at 3 p.m. There will be replays. What else is needed.

Jimmy said that some of the biggest names in wrestling have been calling the offices of TNA to appear for the company, including the Ultimate Warrior.

It said he called, not that they called him.

A wrestling product is about to get on TV, it's a solid step in the right direction and it could open the door for ROH later on if TNA can do well. And TNA can do well, the talent is there.

Right now TV stations are sour as hell on wrestling so just getting in the door is a huge step in the right direction for all of wrestling. That's all I am looking at this as.

Guest Dynamite Kido

*****for those who don't get the newsletters and only read the net, he brushed passed it tonight like it was a nothing story.

Get a freaking clue.

*****not everyone gets the dirt sheets. I did but decided I actually like watching TNA, rather than reading biased news gathering.

*****explain to the non-newsletter buying public what this TV deal means for wrestling. Break it down a little. If his commentary is done right it could lead to more subscribers. He didn't and as a result it came off as very biased.

They are buying time at a huge price for the slight hope that they will gain viewers.

*****that has been there goal all along. to get on free tv. they accomplished it. now they have to succeed in providing a solid product, if they do that watch out. They could easily challenge SD!.

when every Japanese Indy has at least 1 better match than that every couple of weeks, and the same goes for RoH and IWAMS.

*****maybe I'm a biased TNA fan but Sabin-Juvy in my mind was just a great, great match.

Or, more recently, creaming himself over the Team Canada vs. Team NWA 6-man, which was FAR worse than the ROH 1/29 6-way, and most indy spotfests from all sorts of indies. Give it a rest, kid.

*****give what a rest? Meltzer never praises the "overall" product and just bashes. It was a big day for TNA and they were not given their just due.

Nobody gave this promotion a snowballs chance in hell to succeed and within two years they are now on free TV. Will they succeed? Who knows but they succeeded in their quest to get on free television. That was goal number 1. Goal number 2 is to succeed on free TV and goal number 3 is to challenge the WWE. They are on the right path.

Which gets me to my next point, what path is ROH on? To forever be a mindless indy, playing to the same fans who are only concerned about workrate rather than entertainment. You can only watch a performer get thrown on their neck so many times. I went to the mania show in NJ, and was bored until Briscoe ripped his face off. It wasn't impressive and didn't make me want to return, especially after the rF fiasco.

In terms of ROH, it's not tough to be perceived as a solid product with guys like Daniels and AJ dominating mainevents. This promotion's challenge has just begun. I think they will fail because Gabe is clueless and can't create convincing characters that are not premade. Samoa Joe is not an interesting champ and has not brought new fans to the arena. CM Punk was pre-made and has not grown or evolved. Same with Homicide. The Briscoes without Cornette are boring. Evans is so far great in the ring but boring outside. Walters and Stryker are both boring outside the ring. Etc.

It's easy to criticize TNA because of the egos of ryder and JJ. But just give them credit when they deserve it. Today they deserved it. And no one on the net will probably give it to them.

I will.

I think it's hilarious that you are getting so pissed about people unfairly bashing TNA when you are doing the same thing with ROH just to get a rise out of people here. I actually agree with the points you were making about TNA as far as what Meltzer thinks of it and the unfair bashing of the Juvi-Sabin match(which rocked). Then it leads me to this part of your post...

What path is ROH on? You do realize that they actually profit from their company right? Something TNA has yet to do. Also, if a fan is only concerned about workrate, is that suppost to be a bad thing? Aren't you suppost to want good ring work as a fan? Not all work is neck dropping either, but I guess that would make about as much sense as saying that if TNA provides a solid product it could rival Smackdown. You kidding right? There is NO way that it would a)bring in better ratings or b)bring in more cash for TNA. THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR TIMESLOT! I also found this humerous....

I went to the mania show in NJ, and was bored until Briscoe ripped his face off. It wasn't impressive and didn't make me want to return, especially after the rF fiasco.

Isn't that quite the interesting contridiction? So you thought AJ and Punk was BORING?"!?! Hell, the stuff with Steamboat alone in that match was more entertaining than ANY angle in TNA that I can even remember.

I am not baiting you or flaming you in this post, but if you want others to quit being anti-TNA, then maybe you should be a little bit more fair with your own judgements........

p.s. - I have no allegiance towards TNA or ROH, as I watch both.

I tend to keep beating a dead horse, but can this shit about the ROH-TNA stuff just stop already? If the ROH fans can't seperate their love for that promotion for what is and isnt happening (be it right or wrong) in TNA, why are you here?

And inversely, if TNA diehards can't seperate their love for the promotion from their bias against if ROH is better or not (and who really gives a shit? They're two clearly different styles.....WE GET IT)..well are we all here to discuss that or just TNA? It's f'n ridiculous.

Also, to say that Dave Meltzer is bias against or for TNA, ROH, WWE, or f'n organization "x" is ridiculous. I've seen him be critical of as many things as TNA has done as I've seen him praise them. Same for WWE. His negativity isnt consistent every week on the TNA reports.....hell, he is going up and down about last week's 8 man as one of the best TNA matches this year, read his report last week, etc. To say he is unfairly biased against TNA is showing bias yourself.

Also, whos to say what is and what isnt "a good overall wrestling show." That depends on the style you like, and nobody should say its in writing what a person is supposed to like and not like.

Bottom line, can we just stop the shit with comparing ROH and TNA? It's a case neither side will win.

-----

Anyway.....

Point of this thread.....

If they will have replays (even if they are in weird times) its better than nothing. Sounds good to me.

Guest Dids

*****yeah supporting a product that has AJ as champ and Raven as a lead heel, yup that's me......shitty taste in wrestling

Smackdown has Eddie has their champ and (arguably) Kurt Angle as their lead heel, they must be good, right?

Is AJ a fantastic wrestler? Yes. Does the fact that he's champion say anything about TNA? No, especially seeing the booking that but him where he's at.

You also won't make any points with me using Raven as an example of something good. Sure he's an interesting character, but in the ring he doesn't do much for me.

On top of that two good workers doesn't make a whole promotion. Moreover, I don't think people have argued about the quality of the workers as much as the decision making and booking in terms of how the workers are being used.

In terms of opinions, I'm not talking about some writer online, I'm talking about the folks in this forum, that once defended TNA and are now (mostly) saying "I want to like TNA, but I just can't believe what they're doing."

Guest MikeSC
You may be bringing in THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR

Wow, I'm so pissed that ROH doesent have him.

And If I want to see crappy 6 sided ring action, I can turn on Galavision.

you should be more pissed that since their creation ROH has had all of one good storyline (Raven-Punk).

Warrior could be a trip if put in a managerial or authority slot.

Six sided ring will be interesting, makes the viewer say "I have to check that out." This is especially true if Sports Net provided solid advertising.

BIG money says this is a poster from totalnonstop.com.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
I doubt Meltzer has an anti-TNA agenda. He may have a difference of opinion than you, but that doesn't mean that he has undeniable bias.

By ripping TNA, Meltz makes Ryder look like a moron due to his connection with the promotion. And who wants to buy dirt sheets from a moron. Why not buy it from someone who seemingly has all the answers (Meltzer). As a result WO possibly could get more subscribers.

Meltz is a business man not a journalist. A journalist should always provide fair and balanced content. In reviewing TNA shows Meltz is never fair and balanced.

Yeah, 1bob (which Ryder isn't even a part of, I thought) is RIGHT UP there with Dave.

That's like saying the Wall Street Journal is trying to steal USA Today's readers.

-=Mike

Guest Dids
You may be bringing in THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR

Wow, I'm so pissed that ROH doesent have him.

And If I want to see crappy 6 sided ring action, I can turn on Galavision.

you should be more pissed that since their creation ROH has had all of one good storyline (Raven-Punk).

Warrior could be a trip if put in a managerial or authority slot.

Six sided ring will be interesting, makes the viewer say "I have to check that out." This is especially true if Sports Net provided solid advertising.

BIG money says this is a poster from totalnonstop.com.

-=Mike

He's posted here before, ericvenomjr I think. I remember the same inablity to format a quote.

Guest MikeSC

It's been mentioned, on the net, by him, A LOT. He's not writing to please the shut-in crowd.

Get a freaking clue.

No --- but being a moronic conspiracy troll doesn't help.

So, anything that doesn't bring the praise is "biased"?

Man, Meltz is SO biased against Smackdown.

Sure, it sucks --- but he shouldn't SAY SO!

Meltz isn't hurting for subscribers. You not reading won't devastate him.

ECW on TNN was a bigger deal --- and THAT was a fiasco.

No, you ask for lemming-like devotion to a mediocre product.

But mentioning that they are spending a ton of money on a network with a miniscule audience would be unfair, right?

Such as? When was this last "killer show" --- so we'll know where you're coming from.

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

***** I'm a biased TNA fan but Sabin-Juvy in my mind was just a great, great match.

Edited for accuracy.

The overall product DOESN'T DESERVE WORLDS OF PRAISE. Sorry, but it doesn't. And if TNA is pinning their hopes on this piss-poor TV deal, then they are deader than I imagined.

Shouldn't a goal be to turn a profit at some point? They are a business, after all.

I have an idea who this might be --- I hope I'm wrong.

Guess what? ROH is the #2 company in America. They are happy where they are. They don't want to be bigger.

Guess what --- there ISN'T ROOM for a second national company. NOBODY will threaten the WWE --- certainly not NWA "WCW 2000" TNA.

I will.

You go, lemming!

-=Mike

...EDIT: Wow, it is vicvenomjr. The same five stars instead of a quote thing every time. I thought he was banned for being a troll.

I'm loving the ROH marks getting all jealous and pissed because TNA got a national TV deal before them, and have now established themselves as the true number 2 promotion in the US. Not a flame as much as an observation. Guys, you don't like TNA, stick to posting in the ROH folder and stop coming here to blast TNA's every move. You sound like jealous little siblings. Jesus.

OK, I've fired off an email to ask about Comcast Sportsnet. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed. Since DC and Philly Comcast Sportsnet do play FSN programming. The fact that IMPACT! will be replayed is a good sign, as I think most FNS shows Comcast SPortsnet plays are syndicated. I'll let you all know when I get a reply.

Guest MikeSC

Raven's ring work has been less than impressive for a while now.

And Eddy Guerrero is the champ on SD --- doesn't make the show not suck hard.

Metz is not alone by a long shot in thinking that TNA has falled off the ledge in terms of quality this year.

*****Miller at pwtorch supports them as does almost every guy whose recapped their stuff at 411.

So, that makes Meltz biased? Heck, Dave LIKED last week's show.

Maybe you like it, but everybody else I've seen has somewhat universally said that it's sucked.

*****because they don't watch the show and rely on Meltz to make up their mind. Seriously people "say" they watch it, but they really don't.

I thought the show where AJ won the belt was a bad show. I couldn't tell you what anybody thought of it.

But, just because YOU have to have outside approval of your likes doesn't mean most people do.

I'm not sure how you take that situation and turn it into "OMG BIAS~!".

*****because 1W and WO are competitors, Meltz likes bashing his competitor (Ryder) to help his own biz.

1bob isn't Dave's "competition" anymore than TNA is WWE's competition.

And it's really stupid to try and tell a journalist what they should and should not cover.

*****I ask for 50/50, not bringing attention to a major TV deal is not 50/50.

He's covered it more than ANYBODY else has.

Especially for a TV deal that we still don't seem to have all the details on.

*****what more details you need? It starts June 4 at 3 p.m. There will be replays. What else is needed.

When are these alleged replays going to happen? How did they get that deal when OTHER infomercials don't? Will this lead to MAJOR lawsuits against FSN?

I'll miss you when you're banned for trolling.

-=Mike

Slapnuts..I dont WANT ROH to have a tv deal. It's not for them. No one is fucking jealous of TNA. Were just expressing that we feel its bad. Are only pro-comments allowed here? It's not just ROH fans btw either.

Guest MikeSC
Slapnuts..I dont WANT ROH to have a tv deal. It's not for them. No one is fucking jealous of TNA. Were just expressing that we feel its bad. Are only pro-comments allowed here? It's not just ROH fans btw either.

Heck, I'm not too fond of ROH, to be honest. Doesn't change that ROH is better than TNA.

-=Mike

I haven't seen a good TNA storyline that has had a beginning, middle, and an end. But when Russo is helping out, that is usually the case.

The simplicity of the Paul London ROH World Title chase had a beginning (12/7/02 when he wins the #1 Contendership from Danielson), a middle filled with two title matches against Xavier, a 2/3 masterpiece against Danielson, a draw in the Round Robin Challenge II, and a #1 Contenders win over Styles to bring us to the end of a story, his last ROH match in which he loses to Samoa Joe and can't accomplish his quest.

TNA will never come close to that simple yet so effective storyline.

Tim

For the four BILLIONTH time. WE DON'T CARE! You like ROH better! Fine, that's why I think ROH fans have this complex. I don't know how its like on other boards, because I'm sure it's both ways in many places, but at least on this board, TNA fans don't flood the ROH board to talk about how much they hate ROH. It's like ROH fans here are more obsessed with TNA than anything and the only explanantion I can find is that they are progressing towards being a national company while ROH is a video tape company founded by a child molestor.

Look, create the one and only bitching about TNA from ROH fans for all I care, just try to contain it somewhat. This is HUGE, it's the first new wrestling company to get a national TV deal since WCW died and we have posts talking about Paul London and Samoa Joe! Come on! It's nice that you're fans of another company, but as a TNA fan I don't want to hear about it. If you want to post legitmate reasons why you disagree with their business strategy or programming, that's fine but please leave out going on rants about CM Punk and the amazing match he had with Special K at "Honor Enters The Day Care Center" or whatever. From what I've seen I like ROH and when I get some more money plan on aquiring more tapes, but I'm a TNA fan too and I would like to keep the TNA folder from becoming the "bitch about TNA because ROH is holy messiah of the wrestling world folder "

Why don't you try reading the thread and see who brought up RoH first? Not that I'd expect you to actually read a thread before responding, or anything.

I dont know who the rhyno guy is, but I wouldn't have brought it up. It does seem strangely odd that most of the cynics are ROH fans.

TNA and ROH fans a like, PLEASE try to keep ROH out of TNA topics unless it actually concerns them (i.e. the booking situation, etc.)

Guest MikeSC
I dont know who the rhyno guy is, but I wouldn't have brought it up. It does seem strangely odd that most of the cynics are ROH fans.

TNA and ROH fans a like, PLEASE try to keep ROH out of TNA topics unless it actually concerns them (i.e. the booking situation, etc.)

Slap --- the ROH marks didn't put ROH into the conversation. vicvenomjr --- I mean rhynoreturns did.

-=Mike

Slap --- the ROH marks didn't put ROH into the conversation. vicvenomjr --- I mean rhynoreturns did.

-=Mike

That's why I clarified my request to both TNA and ROH fans.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

That's why I clarified my request to both TNA and ROH fans.

Heck, you want comedy --- on totalnonstop.com, some writer for pwinsider is claiming that TNA signing Nathan Jones wouldn't be a bad idea.

-=Mike

I really hope TNA does well with this deal. I enjoy the ROH product, and what I've seen of TNA has been hit or miss with me. But I really want them to succeed, I really want them to grow, and I really want them to thrive.

The more replays of the show, the better - that way I might have a chance to actually watch it now and then. :)

Have any specifics of the show been mentioned? I mean, it WILL be more than a glorified Xplosion, right?

Guest rhynoreturns

pwtorch completely ignores reviewing last night's show and then mocks TNA for getting a TV slot......nah no bias there.