Cena

Taker

Rico and Haas

RVD and Rey

Torrie

Mordecai

Chavo (PLEASE!!!!)

WWE Championship

Eddie Guerrero vs. John Bradshaw Layfield.

Prediction: JBL because Eddie is the cause of all of Smackdown's problems.

WWE Tag Team Championship

Charlie Haas & Rico, w/ Miss Jackie vs. Hardcore Holly & Billy Gunn.

Prediction: Haas & Rico

U.S. Championship

John Cena vs. Rene Dupree

Prediction: Cena sucks....I mean wins

Cruiserweight Championship

Jacqueline vs. Chavo Guerrero, with Chavo Classic. Chavo will wrestle with one hand tied behind his back.

Prediction: Jackie because of uh... she's a woman fighting in a man's world and why do they renew her contract.

The Undertaker, with Paul Bearer vs. Booker T

Prediction: Undertaker after the lucky charms fail

The Dudley Boyz vs. Rob Van Dam & Rey Mysterio.

Prediction: RVD and Rey. Add the Dudleyz to the list of people who need to be fired.

Torrie Wilson vs. Dawn Marie.

Prediction: Why are they fighting? Torrie wins cause she's blonde

Mordecai vs ?

Prediction: The ? I heard he/she/it is a great up and comer. The ? should carry the match to at least ********************************************************************.

Is that enough stars?

1263230.jpg

You have no idea how much this picture scares the shit out of me...

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Deon, I think that you're right - none of us believe JBD to go over. Yet they might catch us by surprise and give him the win, giving us a big slap in the face to bring us back to reality...

Bradshaw - WWE Champion.

:(

Deon, I think that you're right - none of us believe JBD to go over. Yet they might catch us by surprise and give him the win, giving us a big slap in the face to bring us back to reality...

Bradshaw - WWE Champion.

On the WWE.com main page it says "Bradshaw guarantees victory" or something like that. Damn, they had BETTER not do the unthinkable and make him champ...

:angry:

Bradshaw - WWE Champion.

On the WWE.com main page it says "Bradshaw guarantees victory" or something like that. Damn, they had BETTER not do the unthinkable and make him champ...

That's just the thing - it's not every title match that someone "guarantees" victory enough to have WWE put it on their website's promotional poster.

Bradshaw - WWE Champion.

That's just the thing - it's not every title match that someone "guarantees" victory enough to have WWE put it on their website's promotional poster.

The only guarantee that I would be worried about is a Vince McMahon guarantee. Havent all of those happened? Lets just hope Vince dosent guarantee a Bradshaw victory.

Bradshaw - WWE Champion.

The only guarantee that I would be worried about is a Vince McMahon guarantee. Havent all of those happened? Lets just hope Vince dosent guarantee a Bradshaw victory.

I tell you what, I'm surprised that Vince hasn't got in on this Eddy/JBD angle somewhere.

Or maybe I'm just a drowning man clutching at a straw, because I'm thinking that that could have made things more interesting.

Guest sanyo

They only put guarantee guys because they want you to BUY the PPV! That's all. He will lose...and if by chance he wins (which won't happen marks) see those Smackdown ratings really go down the tubes.

BOYCOTT JUDGEMENT DAY!

WWE Title

Eddie vs. Bradshaw

I don't think WWE's is THAT stupid to put the title on Bradshaw. I'll pick Eddie in maybe a 10-12 minute match.

Prediction: Eddie

Rating: ** tops... likely to be under, though

Undertaker vs. Booker T

Easily one of the worst feuds of the year so far, IMO. No Mercy 2001 wasn't a good match, and with no-selling deadman Taker here, how can it be any better. I was thinking Booker T would win due to the debut of Mordecai, but since he has his own squash, you have to figure Undertaker wins in maybe 10 minutes or so.

Prediction: Undertaker

Rating: ** tops... likely to be under, though

U.S. Title

Has the potential to be second best match of the night, but both guys are quite green, so I'm not expecting much. I pick Dupree to get a fluke win by cheating with holding the tights or using the belt or something. Then Cena can win it back at Great American Bash, maybe in a flag match like someone predicted in the GAB thread. 8-10 minutes maybe.

Prediction: Rene Dupree

Rating: ** tops

Dudley Boyz vs. RVD & Rey Mysterio

Likely to be the best match of the night... not a good thing. The feud isn't even interesting, especially since we saw the same match 2 weeks ago on Smackdown. Maybe they'll add some gimmick to it on Heat. I figure RVD's turning heel soon, so maybe start some friction between him and Rey, and the Dudleys win. Besides, RVD & Rey won last time. Could go past 15 minutes.

Prediction: Dudleys

Rating: ** to ***+

Dawn Marie vs. Torrie

Just what the fans needed.. Torrie vs. Dawn, Part 1038. Torrie never jobs, simple as that. Short 3 minutes.

Prediction: Torrie

Rating: -** to DUD

Tag Titles

Haas & Rico vs. Holly & Gunn

I don't think the bookers are done with Haas & Rico as a team and their crazy gay antics. I also don't think the majority of the fans knew about Holly & Gunn as a team until two days ago on Smackdown. With that said, I pick Haas & Rico to retain. 6-8 minutes.

Winners: Haas & Rico

Rating: *1/2 tops if they tone down Rico's gay advances.

Mordecai vs. ???

There's a bunch of Smackdown jobbers to choose from: Spike Dudley, Orlando Jordan, Paul London, Shannon Moore, Akio, Sakoda, etc. I pick Shannon Moore or Spike Dudley. Mordecai wins... it's his debut match. 5 minutes.

Prediction: Mordecai

Rating: * tops

This looks like it can be one of the worst PPVs ever for WWE. Not a single interesting match, and I can't wait to see the buyrate.

I like the fact that they have had 2 months to build up the card (Bradshaw-Eddie was announced over a month ago), yet they still have to rush out all kinds of shit

If Smackdown isn't worth watching at the moment, a PPV booked like a Smackdown house show is certainly not. Whether it can take the worst PPV crown from Fall Brawl '98 is another thing.

I don't care what most of you say, as you're all first in line to bash this show, but most of you'll end up giving your in-depth analysis of it 30 minutes after it's over Sunday night. Anyone who does so, deserves to be shot.

And for all of you confused about why Torrie and Dawn Marie are fighting, my guess is Booker T's gonna use his new found voodoo powers to bring Al Wilson back from the dead, who'll murder his ex wife and daughter (undressing them down to their bra and panties first of course.)

Then Stevie Ray will turn up as Voodoo Ray, Booker T's new manager, a cross between Papa Shango, Jimi Hendrix and Hulk Hogan! Before Bookers match with Undertaker, Al and his zombie minions (Torrie & Dawn), Booker T and Voodoo Ray will all do the dance routine to 'Thriller' in the ring, backed by 10 indy wrestlers (dancers) dressed as La Parka.

THATS WHY DAWN MARIE AND TORRIE ARE WRESTLING!!!!!!!

I think

The only sad repercussion of boycotting this trash will be Vince's open trashing of Eddy, as he did with Jericho. To think, the only guy he was ever going to have a decent feud with on the current SD roster is fighting one of the worst female wrestlers on the roster to REGAIN the title she defeated him clean to win.

WWE Championship

WWE Tag Team Championship

U.S. Championship

Cruiserweight Championship

Jacqueline vs. Chavo Guerrero, with Chavo Classic. Chavo will wrestle with one hand tied behind his back.

Other Matches:

The Dudley Boyz vs. Rob Van Dam & Rey Mysterio.

Torrie Wilson vs. Dawn Marie.

Mordecai vs ?

Guest Just Looking
From 1wrestling:

"WWE.com says Judgment Day is "officially sold out", but the website says "Once the set, stage, ring, lights, etc., are put into place, seats will become available!"

A quick check with TicketMaster.com found plenty of good seats available, including in sections not impacted by the "set, stage, ring, lights, etc".

Tickets are available in every price category, including the $300 seats (Row 5 still available). It's possible to still get up to six seats together in the $90 price level (Row 13), and up to ten seats together in the $20 price level.

An operator at the Staples Center told us "We've got plenty of good seats".

To order tickets online, visit Ticketmaster.com"

I live in LA, and I refuse to go to this event. I wouldn't want to give Vince the wrong idea that I would actually accept JBL as a main-eventer.

WWE Title

Eddie Guerrero vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

Prediction: John Bradshaw Layfield wins by disqualification.

The Undertaker vs. Booker T

Prediction: The Undertaker

U.S. Title

Prediction: John Cena with help from Torrie Wilson

The Dudley Boyz vs. Rob Van Dam & Rey Mysterio

Prediction: The Dudley Boyz

Dawn Marie vs. Torrie

Prediction: Dawn Marie with help from Rene Dupree

Tag Titles

Charlie Haas & Rico vs. Hardcore Holly & Billy Gunn

Winners: Haas & Rico (Haas will PIN Billy Gunn)

Cruiserweight Title

Chavo Guerrero Vs. Jacqueline

Prediction: Jacqueline retains

Mordecai in Action

Prediction: Mordecai Wins

This is the worst PPV line-up ever. EVER.

Not ONE fun match.

Meltzer's preview:

"Show preview:

*Eddy Guerrero vs. JBL for the WWE title. Okay, most assume this isn't going to draw, but that doesn't mean it won't be a good match. It is, by far, the biggest match of JBL's career and really, one of the biggest of Guerrero's. While the house shows started rocky, the later reports have had some good matches (the short ones last week didn't get good reviews, but I don't see this as a 6:00 match so that doesn't mean much). I don't see this as a match of the year, and unfortunately for the show, given the undercard, they may need a fantastic match by that point to save it.

*Undertaker vs. Booker T. Undertaker's stuff gets over. They are going to do a real match as opposed to the 1:00 stuff, I'm guessing with Mordecai getting involved. But I can't get excited at all about this match.

*John Cena vs. Rene Dupree for the U.S. title. They almost have to put the title on Dupree, just to keep this program going. A big test for both, and while this sounds like a broken record, it is the biggest match of Dupree's career.

*Rob Van Dam & Rey Mysterio vs. Dudleys. Only because RVD & Mysterio already beat the Dudleys on TV, I see Dudleys going over. The TV match was good, and on paper this looks to be the best match on the show.

*Rico & Charlie Haas vs. Bob Holly & Billy Gunn. A thrown together at the last minute tag team title match that nobody cares about. Plus, Holly doesn't sell Rico's stuff. Not looking forward to this.

*Jacqueline vs. Chavo Guerrero with one hand tied behind his back for the cruiserweight title. I can see either going up, but this kind of a handicap match, probably building to Jacqueline humiliated Chavo Classic in the end, can't help but be bad.

*Torrie Wilson vs. Dawn Marie. It's bad enough when these two wrestle on PPV, but even worse when they are thrown on with almost no storyline or feud. It's a throwback to a few years ago when the women's match always seemed to bring the show to a crawl. Seriously, WWE has done a great job with people like Victoria, Trish Stratus, Molly Holly and others to where the trained and full-time women wrestlers are not an embarrassment, and usually good. That only makes it worse when you put women who are not at the level in the ring on PPV for no reason. And even though they have no storyline, you have Kidman, Paul London and Jamie Noble on the sidelines. Not that they would get over any better in the same position, but that's more because of how they've been buried.

*Mordecai vs. stiff of the night. Kevin Fertig is the next on the list of people who have the most important match of their career coming up tomorrow. He's got to win fast, in Undertaker fashion. It's easy to execute, but no longer a guarantee that the people will buy it."

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

It appears Meltzer gre part of his brain back, but still, BRADSHAW CANT HAVE GOOD MATCHES WITH ANYONE.

Can ANYONE name a single good (***) singles match he's had....ever?

Guest Choken One

well...He was a tag teamer for 6 years...He had a short singles run as Hawk Bradshaw then formed numerous tag teams like the new Blackjacks and then APA...He had a three week run on raw as a Hardcore champion and then went out with an injury.

I'm pretty willing to say he hasn't even worked 20 matches TOTAL in his career as a singles wrestler...(house shows withstanding)

well...He was a tag teamer for 6 years...He had a short singles run as Hawk Bradshaw then formed numerous tag teams like the new Blackjacks and then APA...He had a three week run on raw as a Hardcore champion and then went out with an injury.

I'm pretty willing to say he hasn't even worked 20 matches TOTAL in his career as a singles wrestler...(house shows withstanding)

wasnt Bradshaw European champ for a little bit?

Can ANYONE name a single good (***) singles match he's had....ever?

That match with Scott Hall at Backlash 2002 was a five star classic. :)

And I would have actually been there in LA tomorrow night had they just booked a better main event.

This PPV will be like a house show with better production values.

I'd pay to see it as a house show, but I feel sorry for those who will be there for this at jacked-up PPV ticket prices.

That said, IMO there hasn't been an actively BAD JDay event *ever,* so I'll probably like watching this one (the next day once someone caps and posts it online).

For me, Cena-Dupree looks to be the best *match* on the card, but T-Taker will be the more *entertaining* affair.

My predictions (in order of probable card placement):

MysteRVD, Mordecai, Haas/Rico,Chavo, Dupree, Taker, Torrie, Guerrero.

It would make sense if they give JBL the title (think of RR91 when they put the Rumble on after Slaughter's win).

In all honesty though, think of what this'd be doing for Bradshaw - a couple of years ago, do you think he'd've fathomed getting a title shot as a serious contender?

But that's still inexcusable.

Yeah, to say this push came out of nowhere would be an understatement. At least if they pushed Faarooq it would've made sense- a former WCW Champ who ME'd KOTR97. But I guess they may take advantage of Bradshaw's popularity on Fox News, etc.

We complain about WWE ignoring the older demographic; to be fair, wouldn't Bradshaw make SENSE as a champion, seeing as how he's on Fox/MSNBC and has his own radio show? He's not exactly appealing to kids with that stuff, and this could be a step toward changing what WWE considers 'mainstream success.' Before, you had to be on TRL or be popular with the kids. Bradshaw could be an attampt to change that line of thinking.

he has a show on a 10 am on Sunday...thats not MAINSTREAM.

More mainstream than the other 99% of WWE superstars; a Rock comes around once a decade or so, so he's not really a fair example.

Bradshaw does not deserve to hold that belt, plain and simple. This is a sympathy, "thanks for working here for almost a decade" main event push ala Bob Holly earlier this year.

Guest The Horse You Rode In On

-> An average at best match even if Eddy has his carrying boots on, falling to a rating of negative 1 billion stars if Bradshaw wins.

-> My how the tag division has fallen. Haas/Rico win, and hopefully banish Hardcore Ass back to Velocity forever.

-> I really don't expect much of this. Cena cuts his same old stale face promo with the same dick jokes he's told a million times before, and has the same unspectacular match he always has. Win or lose i expect the feud to continue for no reason for a while longer.

Jacqueline vs. Chavo Guerrero, with Chavo Classic

-> Just end the charade and bury the Cruiser division for good. Chavo wins this, after selling WAY to much for the worst woman employed by the WWE.

-> Taker wins, with Booker probably getting less in than Kane did at Mania.

The Dudley Boyz vs. Rob Van Dam & Rey Mysterio

-> Probably the best match on the card, and that ain't saying much. Dudleys win, or lose, hell, i don't care.

Torrie Wilson vs. Dawn Marie

-> Torrie Wilson continues her streak of seemingly never losing, and any fan with a brain not caring.

Mordecai vs ?

-> Mordecai has Spike Dudley or some other random cruiser bump around for him in a squash, winning a match that does nothing for nobody.