TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

Comcast Sportsnet Philly not to air Impact!

TNA's new Fox Sports Net show, Impact!, will not air in Philadelphia, PA. Fox Sports Net does not air in Philly. Many of FSN's shows are picked up by Comcast Sportsnet in Philly, but Comcast has opted not to air TNA.

Philly is the #6 TV market in the country and is also traditionally a very strong wrestling market.

Credit: PWInsider.com

OK, Im pissed. I live at school half the year with Philly cable, and the other half with DC which also has Comcast Sportsnet, so it looks like I can't watch Impact! at all...ever. I encourage everyone who lives in both the Philly and DC areas (or doesn't but wants to help) to email [email protected] for Philly and [email protected] for Comcast Mid-Atlantic (DC area) and express disappointment in their decision not to pick up Impact! and encourage them to do so!

WHAT?!?!?!

NONE of the CSN are going to air it?!?!

Why the hell not? All they show are those crappy "You gotta see this" shows and a bunch of other stupid crap at that time!

Here is what I have sent to both addresses above (subsitute DC region for Philly for the other):

Hello, I have read that Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia has opted not to air

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling

"Impact!" debuting June 4th, 2004 and airing every Friday at 3:00 PM on Fox

Sports Net. I am hoping this is untrue. If it is, I urge you to please

reconsider, being that our region does not make Fox Sports Net available and

thus there is a reliance on Comcast SportsNet to make FSN shows available.

On behalf of the

fans of TNA who have looked forward to Impact!'s airing I would be greatly

disappointed if Comcast SportsNet decided not to make this program available

to this region as it currently does with many other FSN programming. I'd

appreciate a prompt response to this inquiry. Thank you.

Again, I urge all of you who live in either area or just want to help to send similar emails to the stations. Let's make ourselves heard. We still have time...

Philly: [email protected]

Mid-Atlantic (DC area): [email protected]

According to PWInsider.com, the Baltimore/DC market will get Impact!, but at 4 am because Comcast there has already sold the 3 PM timeslot. PWI also says that the 4 am showing might get pre-empted alot by baseball replays, but at least it will be on.

According to PWInsider.com, the Baltimore/DC market will get Impact!, but at 4 am because Comcast there has already sold the 3 PM timeslot. PWI also says that the 4 am showing might get pre-empted alot by baseball replays, but at least it will be on.

They might as well not bother since they do replay games late night whether it be baseball, basketball or hockey.

Stupid.

Yeah, update:

As reported earlier, TNA Impact! will not be airing in the Philadelphia market. In addition to that, the show will air at 4AM on Saturday mornings in the Baltimore/Washington, DC markets. The reason for this is because that market also does not get Fox Sports Net and instead has some FSN programming aired through Comcast Sportsnet. Comcast has opted to air Impact! at that timeslot.

Also, parts of Orlando, FL (where Impact! will be taped) do not get Fox Sports Net and thus will not get Impact!

So...I guess that's better than nothing. I'll just have to set tapes when I'm home...sucks though that they won't get any viewership besides those that already know about it...o well...

Guest OSIcon
If past examples are anything to go by, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that NWATNA didn't know about this till after they signed a contract with Fox.

That is really their fault then.

It isn't too difficult to research and find out that DC, Philly, and Baltimore don't have direct FSN affiliates and that they make their own decisions on what FSN programing to air. Figuring out that parts of Orlando don't get an FSN affiliate wouldn't be too difficult either.

It's not a death blow or anything, but not having their show on (or on during the day) in the 6th, 8th, and 20th markets in the US (Philly, DC, and Baltimore) doesn't help.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

This is huge. They need the Philly market, it's a wrestling hotbed with passionate fans. To not have it, is a bigger blow to them then some of you really understand.

Where do you find out where it won't air at? I should really double check this.

Guest bort

I listened to PWIs No Name show and Buck said that he doesnt have a timeslot confirmed but that Philly will be getting Impact

HUGE NEWS for those in Philly! Here is a response I got back from Comcast Sportsnet:

Thank you for your interest in Comcast SportsNet. At this time, CSN Philadelphia is scheduled to air TNA Impact on Saturday night June 5th and Saturday night June 12 at Midnight.

Thank you.

Comcast SportsNet - Every Day is Game Day!

and as further confirmation...

It appears as if Comcact Sportsnet will be airing TNA Impact! now. The show will air Saturday nights at midnight, starting on June 5th.

Comcact originally did not plan to carry Impact! in Philadelphia, the sixth largest market in the U.S.

TNA has been heavily pushing Comcact to add the show over the past few days and their efforts appear to have worked.

I think Saturday at midnight is a better timeslot anyway. So, Philly fans can watch Impact at 12 midnight every Saturday. And according to a previous post, DC/Baltimore can catch it Saturday morning at 4 am....um...I guess set a tape at least ;)