TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

The Most Painful to watch matches

Guest Trivia247

And no im not talking about wrestlers who are bad at wrestling, because even crappy skilled wrestlers can get their hands on a money gimmick which can excuse them from doing anything halfway decent in the ring..

Im talking matches themselves.... where maybe the formula between the two or more wrestlers Just doesn't click. That its a mess, that its so bad the fans no matter what promotion turns into a rabid ECW Mob.

And for what ever reason

Maybe they didn't want to wrestle each other due to not liking each other legitly

maybe they didn't like the storyline so they phoned their beepers which beeped it in...

maybe they were on their way out and decided On the BIGGEST Fucking event in the year to not do shit. (Sound like anything or anyone we know?)

Just was NOT entertaining on any level wheither it be intellectual, Markish, Technical, something to watch while stoned I don't care

someone had a 103 fever, broke an arm but decided against the quick roll up win.

Tell me and the rest of the Smark countrymen what you consider to be the most painfully bad matches YOU had to sit through

Goldberg vs Brock is the most obvious.

Of course this was due to the various Comedy of errors that Brock, Goldberg, the WWE did in sorta a big bad mess up.

Brock was leaving and evidently made it semi public (which of course blew up into totally public for the internet and NYC crowds)

Goldberg was already on the way out (Was funny, he didn't complain when he GOT the belt..but when he lost the belt its all.. bitch bitch bitch)

WWE kept Goldberg off for a full month before WM event without any hyping up at all. Goldberg sat out Brock remained on but still was lame ducking himself in the process.

Only person in this damn match that really pushed anything to be entertaining was Austin himself. And he seem to be the only one during that month before WM who was carrying the Goldberg Brock storyline. Since it was ALLLL on Austin's shoulders. It was looking more like Austin vs Brock there for a second.

And of course Austin left the company what a little under a month later.... BUT at least with Austin he was professional about it. was a business decision and he didn't get all Public about it like Brock did before the Big money event.

Im sure there are many I can think up, but what matches do you think in the meantime?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I honestly don't know. Wait...

Scott Steiner vs. Triple H from RR 2003.

This match did NOT click at all. 20:00 of the worst match EVER. Steiner blew up a half minute into the match, HHH was having trouble working anything out, especially when Steiner was botching shit left and right, the crowd just died for the rest of the show, and the buildup was just terrible.

This match actually put me to sleep, missing the live PPV feed. I had to watch the rest on tape, which I hate doing for new shows.

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar, the worst match of all time. Ever.

Triple H vs. Scott Steiner, Royal Rumble 2003

Hogan vs. Warrior 2

Beat this...

NOVEMBER 2 REMEMBER 96...

ECW Title Match, The Sandman Vs. Raven.

* Richards on commentary, annoying.

* Attempted psychology in a Sandman match.

* Stevie's missed Steviekick is supposed to hit Raven, missed him.

* Meaniesault onto a table barely hits Sandman, and the table falls.

* Sandman and Raven no-selling each other's DDT finisher repeatedly to no crowd heat at all.

* Torrie Fullington (Sandman's wife) sneaks in to cane Sandman in the head from behind while Raven has him distracted. She swings, and MISSES. Swings again, and MISSES. Swings again, and MISSES. Swings a 4th time, and MISSES. Sandman stands there. They improvise.

* Steviekick on Sandman from behind...you guessed it...MISSES!

Yuck.

Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy - Vengeance 2001

Triple H vs. Scott Steiner - Royal Rumble 2003

Triple H vs. Kevin Nash - Judgment Day 2003

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar - Wrestlemania XX

Booker T vs. Buff Bagwell from Raw at the start of the Invasion.

Jeff Hardy vs. Joey Matthews (?) vs. Slim J (?) from Ring of Honor. This was so bad I can't even remember who the other guys were. It was pretty funny but the level of hatred for Jeff made it quite painful to watch, for me at least.

Booker T vs. Buff Bagwell from Raw at the start of the Invasion.

I forgot about that match. Probably for good reason.

Horrible.

Guest drdrainoscott

Kane vs. The Big Show, King of the Ring 1999...Worst match ever.

Jeff Hardy vs. Joey Matthews (?) vs. Slim J (?) from Ring of Honor. This was so bad I can't even remember who the other guys were. It was pretty funny but the level of hatred for Jeff made it quite painful to watch, for me at least.

I believe it was Krazy K, a protege of Jeff Hardy's. I remember the announcer saying that Hardy had wanted to show off Krazy K in front of ROH fans... who knows why.

As far as awful matches?

Stephanie vs Vince from No Mercy 03.

Jerry Lynn vs RVD from Guilty as Charged 01

Abyss and Monty Brown vs Sabu from TNA a few weeks back.

Steiner vs HHH from Rumble 03.

Guest whitemilesdavis

Nobody gonna mention the "bowling shoe ugly" Jackie Gayda match?

the crowd just died for the rest of the show

:huh:

The crowd was still hot for Benoit/Angle and the Royal Rumble. They gave Benoit a freakin' standing ovation.

Guest jm29195

Head Cheese against T and A from Wrestlemania 16, JR called it bowling shoe ugly...

Chris Candido vs Iaukea from WCW Slamboree 2000, they screw up a pinning sequence, a jumping ddt, a top rope sunset flip, and the finishing sequence, wherein Candid got the pin off a Sytch chairshot, his music played, but the ref said carry on, Prince stayed prone and Candido hit the Headbutt for the win, definetly botched!

Guest Dynamite Kido
Kronik v Kane & UT gets no love...er, hate?

-=Mike

I saw that match in person....... :throwup:

Guest MikeSC
Kronik v Kane & UT gets no love...er, hate?

-=Mike

I saw that match in person....... :throwup:

Explains the angry bitterness. :D

-=Mike

Five words.

Heroes.

Of.

Wrestling.

Main.

Event.

Forgive my ignorance, but...what was the main event?

Guest Sturgis

It was supposed to be a double main event with:

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts & King Kong Bundy vs. Yokozuna. But Jake was drunk off his ass(hit on ugly chicks in the front row, had them rubbing his chest & used "Damien" as a penis) So the made it a tag match.

And let's not forget the rest of the card.

Guest Dynamite Kido
And let's not forget the rest of the card.

No, really.....let us.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

The crowd was still hot for Benoit/Angle and the Royal Rumble. They gave Benoit a freakin' standing ovation.

Hmmmm...I remember the Rumble being boring because the crowd was only into it in the first 10-15 minutes and died for the rest of it. (Mainly because they had like 12 guys in the ring at a time and nothing going on)

I need to re-watch Angle/Benoit, because my mind's a blank on that one.

Hmmmm...I remember the Rumble being boring because the crowd was only into it in the first 10-15 minutes and died for the rest of it. (Mainly because they had like 12 guys in the ring at a time and nothing going on)

I need to re-watch Angle/Benoit, because my mind's a blank on that one.

They were out of it at the start, but the match was great enough to get them going again for the final half. It's really a shame one of the best matches of the year had to follow one of the worst. Though it is quite a sight to see one challenger get booed out of the joint, while the other gets a huge show of respect.

I've watched Jeff vs. Matt from Vengeance and Booker vs. Bagwell in the past few months, and neither was that bad. They just didn't live up to the hype. The Hardys didn't get all spot-crazy, and the first WCW match on WWF TV just fell kind of flat in a hostile environment. They'd both be passable, especially by today's standards.

BoD vs. Kronik was absolutely terrible, though. And the main events from Backlash to KotR in '02 were too.

I just watched Angle vs. Benoit. At about 10 minutes, they hit a double clothesline and were down for a 9 count. Benoit hit his rolling Germans. At about 12:00, Benoit motioned for the headbutt and gave Angle a booger shower, but Angle hit the top-rope belly-to-belly. All of that pretty much got the crowd back into it. After a Crossface & Ankle Lock sequence, ending with an Angle Slam at 15:00, Benoit hit a Super German and the flying headbutt at 16:00. They were hooked until Chris tapped at 19:45.

Godfather vs Mideon at NM 99'

Mideon vs William Regal at NM 00' (Put some pants on, Mideon)

The Goldust/Undertaker matches. Or Goldust vs Warrior. Just horrible.