TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyboy

ESPN NFL 2K5 Thread

I'm leading the division in my second season as the Pat with a 5-4 record, but in my last game Brady broke his hand, leaving me with Doug F'n Flutie to get me into the playoffs.

I hate football.

I'm leading the division in my second season as the Pat with a 5-4 record, but in my last game Brady broke his hand, leaving me with Doug F'n Flutie to get me into the playoffs.

I hate football.

Better rehab like a mofo.

For those who haven't figured out rehab, here is how it works. Rehab the same player every day with the right rehab to their injury. It will constantly cut time off their out time.

I had my QB break his arm, suppose to be out five weeks and I used rehab and had him back after missing just one game. Results will vary.

As for the stats, they take into factor many things. For example, if an overall rating drops it may mean he lost in some of the catergories the player didn't work on and didn't need to like tackling for a WR or kicking for a DE. Check the full stats before you react. Of course, age also plays a key role.

On mine, Buckhalter is a 100 but he ain't crap.

I'm going to try the rehab thing. I'm getting killed with injuries here. Corey Dillon is now out for 5 weeks and the next game Tyrone Pool gets a career ending concusion.

My whole schedule will be rehab pretty soon.

Guest Bricks
And in the same game, my 2nd option Marcus Robinson is gone for the year joining Antoine Winfield who was my top CB on the injured reserve list.

I'm suprised you kept Winfield...I released him and his silly contract as soon as I could. You can easily replace the guy with a much cheaper rookie.

Did your Marcus Robinson drop in stats after the first season? I was pretty mystefied when he went from an 86 to a 77 in my second season.

Yeah, Marcus Robinson did drop from 86 to 77 in my franchise which surprised me since his stats didn't seem to warrant such a big drop.

I kept Winfield because I didn't want to be hit with the cap penalty. I'm only 30k under the cap since I renegoiated some of the players contracts I wanted to keep but didn't want to give them bonuses so I had to spend a little extra on salary.

I don't think there are any more... I pretty much demolished all the celebrities as well. I think Arquette was maybe the only one to have scored on me. I lucked out on a couple of them though, getting turnovers in the redzone.

\

Did you get any special surprise as it says in the manual?

well i completed the reg season in my first franchise (giants) i went 16-0 (played with 5 min quarters rookie difficulty) tiki barber wound up nfl mvp with over 2300 rushing yards and 41 tds (breaking the singlegame,season, and season rushing tds records) i stuck with warner as my qb and he threw for over 2500 yards and 24 tds and only 8 ints. strahn broke his own sack records and wound up with over 30

the pats also started 10-0 but lost their next 3 and wound up 12-4 (the browns of all teams were the number 1 seed in the afc going 14-2- I beat them them for their first loss)

I won my divisional playoff game against the panthers 52-21 and will now face the packers (who I beat in the reg season) in the nfc title game, while the pats and colts will meet once again in the afc one

franchise has been pretty fun for me, my only major injuries were shaun williams breaking his ankle and being out for 9 weeks (but coming back with 2 ints in his return game) and shockey getting hurt in the last game of the season, but returning in time for my first playoff game.

I'll report back if I can complete the perfect season (next year Ill play on harder difficulty)

Guest Vitamin X
I don't think there are any more... I pretty much demolished all the celebrities as well. I think Arquette was maybe the only one to have scored on me. I lucked out on a couple of them though, getting turnovers in the redzone.

\

Nope, not at all.

Lying bastards.

Guest Vitamin X
well i completed the reg season in my first franchise (giants) i went 16-0 (played with 5 min quarters rookie difficulty) tiki barber wound up nfl mvp with over 2300 rushing yards and 41 tds (breaking the singlegame,season, and season rushing tds records) i stuck with warner as my qb and he threw for over 2500 yards and 24 tds and only 8 ints. strahn broke his own sack records and wound up with over 30

the pats also started 10-0 but lost their next 3 and wound up 12-4 (the browns of all teams were the number 1 seed in the afc going 14-2- I beat them them for their first loss)

I won my divisional playoff game against the panthers 52-21 and will now face the packers (who I beat in the reg season) in the nfc title game, while the pats and colts will meet once again in the afc one

franchise has been pretty fun for me, my only major injuries were shaun williams breaking his ankle and being out for 9 weeks (but coming back with 2 ints in his return game) and shockey getting hurt in the last game of the season, but returning in time for my first playoff game.

I'll report back if I can complete the perfect season (next year Ill play on harder difficulty)

Rookie difficulty is pathetic, bro. Try custom difficulty, with the human sliders at the all-pro and the CPU's at Legend.

\

Nope, not at all.

Lying bastards.

I don't think there's really a surprise - you basically just open up the stadiums you just played in. There is a way to unlock Chris Berman's "dream team", but I don't know if this is the way to accomplish that.

I think you have to be buy Berman's Dream Team in your Crib. I should start a Franchise soon to rack up Crib points....I've only unlocked 2 of the Catalogs so far because I've been playing the 25th Anniversary stuff. I only have 3 more to beat to have them all unlocked.

well i completed the reg season in my first franchise (giants) i went 16-0 (played with 5 min quarters rookie difficulty) tiki barber wound up nfl mvp with over 2300 rushing yards and 41 tds (breaking the singlegame,season, and season rushing tds records) i stuck with warner as my qb and he threw for over 2500 yards and 24 tds and only 8 ints.  strahn broke his own sack records and wound up with over 30

the pats also started 10-0 but lost their next 3 and wound up 12-4 (the browns of all  teams were the number 1 seed in the afc going 14-2- I beat them them for their first loss)

Rookie difficulty is pathetic, bro. Try custom difficulty, with the human sliders at the all-pro and the CPU's at Legend.

Not really pathetic...some people just dont like to play on 'hard diffulculties'. I for one, am doing my Franchise on rookie, because I'm the type of person when the comp starts pulling plays out of nowhere 'a lot' I'm ready to break something. And have done it before. ;) So I just do my Franchise on a customed rookie, and the comp still hits plays out of nowhere sometimes...I do do an occasional legend/allpro game on quick game though, just not so much on my franchise. I only up the diffulculty for the superbowl/playoff games.

I'm on All-Pro difficulty and went 12-4 on the season, which was good enough to be #1 in the NFC and get home field advantage. I beat Seattle in the divisional round 20-10 (after an obscene 78-yard run by Seattle immediately after I returned my first ever touchdown on a punt return), but lost to Philadelphia in the NFC Championship (I honestly forget the score). I didn't beat Philadelphia in the regular season either, and that was when they didn't have Owens or Westbrook. I split my games with the Vikings, winning at Lambeau and losing at the HHH Dome, the win being a defensive showcase where Dante Culpepper was kept from throwing a single touchdown pass but threw no less than 7 interceptions, and the loss being a complete bullshitfest where Michael Bennett ran on us for 140 yards (our average run defense was 60 yards a game).

Brett Favre was injured in Week 3 with a concussion and was out for 7 weeks, and then Tim Couch (who did shockingly well) went down in Week 8, leaving Doug Pederson to be our quarterback for two games.

It balances the teams so the game is competitive regardless of their stats. I have it on, and the CPU gives you a good game.

I got sweet REVENGE~! on the Bears in SB 41, 27-10 with Corey Dillon being named MVP. Now I have to figure out how to keep Seymour without devouring my cap (I traded Ben Watson, since I also have to sign Daniel Graham, and they have the exact same stats, but I saved and quit after that, so I've still got work to do.)

That EQ thing must be why even shitty teams are making every game competitive for me. The 10-2 Packers shouldn't be clawing and scratching to beat the 4-8 Bears.

I've actually had problems with the Bears without Performance EQ. That team is suprisingly good, especially if they shore up some of their issues after the first season.

I played the Packers in the NFC final in my first season of franchise (all-pro). I had beaten them twice during the regular season, so I wasn't too worried. They played a heck of a game though, and were down by one TD at the two minute warning. Favre is at the 20, I sack the crap out of him with Kenny Mixon. He's injured, has to be helped off the field. Tim Couch comes in. I laugh, because the game is in the bag. So, of course, Tim freaking Couch drives down the field, completing passes everywhere, just shredding my secondary. They get to my 20 with about a minute left. But then Favre, the warrior, decides it's time for him to come back into the game. I start upping my blitzes, and he throws four incomplete passes to end the game. The Packers subsequently trade Favre in the offseason to Buffalo. Couch is still doing well as their starter 2 or 3 years later, as the Pack consistently make the playoffs and always seem to be in the NFC final.

Bears and The Cowboys have my number when I play them. I think these are the only two computer teams I have yet to defeat unless my friends are either of those two teams.

Guest Vitamin X

The Vikings always give me a good game, since my achilles heel in any football game is always pass defense, as I consider it the least important stat in football. (If you've got an awesome run defense, and can at least stop them when they get on your side of the field, I always think you can then pound it right back at them and win it).

People that play on such easy levels shouldn't brag about stats. 

Max said what was kind of my point, Exslade. It may be fun I guess for a little while to blow out teams left and right (and it rightfully becomes frustrating when they bust out a big play on you afterwards), but after I did some romping in Madden to the tune of 100-0 and 60-0 games, I decided it was time to move on. It gets REALLY Boring when there is no challenge, and it's all the sweeter to get a huge play or when a team is giving you trouble later in the season when it counts.

Example, when my #1 ranked 15-0 Packers went to Soldier Field in the snow to play the #32 ranked 1-14 Bears. I had a few close games and my d-line is what always helped me out in the end, along with Ahman Green amassing 2, 448 yards. Yet the Bears shut down Ahman Green and were doing their best to shutdown my hopes, even though I had homefield advantage in the playoffs and they were headed for a #1 pick in the draft. I found that, and the challenge I got from facing New England in the Superbowl (They were up 17-3 at halftime, I came back and beat team 24-17, on three goalline touchdown runs by Green, with mostly some magic from Favre gaining some huge runs and a lucky 60-yard strike to Javon Walker towards the middle of the 4th quarter for the go-ahead score at 1:58) the best things about this game.

Add to that they make the games mean something, especially with Berman at the studio before and the announcers during and at the beginning of the game, it's a hell of a victory when you win the championship.

the reason im on rookie diff, is Ive only had the game for two weeks and hadnt really played too many games yet. so I wanted to learn the controls. now that im better at them ill adjust the diff, but why in the middle of a franchise ive already started? i tried all pro against the browns for like 1 series and was getting blown away on defense so i readjusted it and stayed that way. besides i really want to unlock crib stuff right now. like I said future seasons Ill readjust the sliders and customize them to my liking

and I wasn't bragging about my stats, I was just showing what happened

obviously they are different than on harder difficulties

besides its fun to obliterate the nfl, the way my giants probably wont for a while at least (hey I can dream)

Woa...WTH?

Currently playing a game as the Patriots against the Bills..they start the game out receiving and after their first play..they do the (I can't think of what it's called..'mulligan' like golf games) thing where you restart the play without picking plays again. And their just doing that..and doing that..and doing that over and over again, but it's the beginning of the game...only time that usually happens when I'm facing the comp is nearer to the end.

That ever happen to anyone before? :huh:

is Peyton Manning their QB? Because in Franchise, when I play the Bills, and he's their QB, they do a hurry up offense often.

Woa...WTH?

Currently playing a game as the Patriots against the Bills..they start the game out receiving and after their first play..they do the (I can't think of what it's called..'mulligan' like golf games) thing where you restart the play without picking plays again. And their just doing that..and doing that..and doing that over and over again, but it's the beginning of the game...only time that usually happens when I'm facing the comp is nearer to the end.

That ever happen to anyone before? :huh:

No Huddle offense?

Oh yeah, the Vikings and Bills do that all the time to catch you off guard and get their offense in sync.

It didn't work for me, I just kept picking them off to make them short no huddle drives. Soon after, they stopped doing it.

Yea didn't work on me after a few plays either when my 'rookie' (even though it's his second year..he's one of the game generated ones) got the interception at the like 30 yd line...they stopped doing it next time they got the ball.

-My first season as Pats, I won the Superbowl and was undefeated. I beat the Vikings in an awesome Superbowl 14-13.

-My second season, my record was 9-7, and I didn't make the playoff, mainly due to Bradly being injured for 6 weeks, Dillon being injured for 9, Seymor being injured for 5, and Poole being injured for 12. I think this was the first time I haven't made the playoff in any sports game ever.

-My third season, I couldn't keep Brady due to the cap, so I got Michael Vick instead, who is actually doing much better and costing me less money. BUT, Dillon got injured AGAIN, this time for 9 weeks, so I'm stuck with Cobbs, a rookie with a 56 overall. Vick/Santana Moss have had me in games, but it's DAMN hard without a good running back. I'm 4-1 now.

Guest Flyboy

I'm trying to wait for all the trades and movings of the NFL to be done for awhile until I start up me another Franchise.... and I have NO CLUE who to start it with.